Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2008 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Black Horse
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is the place to raise hell, make your comments, propose the questions, pat yourself on the back, etc.

Your times need to be posted here:
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39958

I know I am looking forward to a great 2008. I'm sure the top dog will get a few "goodies" worth playing for and everyone on the dozen will get a cool commerative sticker. And to sweeten the pot, a little special something for the first one into the 8's.

I'm sure Vinny in his wildest dreams never imaged (although I'm sure he hoped) that we would ever see anyone truely deep into the 9's knocking on the big door.

Have fun! (Other than the Hokey Pokey, it IS what it is all about!)

Maximus
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Im gonna say JIMSSVT will be the first one in the 8s.

And KUDOS to Dave for "babysitting" the Dozen:bigthumb

cstreu1026
02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Since someone brought this up on DSB. What about having the required safety equipment to run the times you are running? What about a great time then get kicked out for lack of safety equipment? Does the time still stand?

Black Horse
02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I don't see SBZ being the police for safety equipment....you run what you brung, if the track kicks you out then you don't get to run that day.

But I will say this: PLEASE make it safe before you make it fast. Your family won't really give a crap about your attempts at making the DD if you are crippled or dead. Be smart and safe.

mustangoutlaw
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't see SBZ being the police for safety equipment....you run what you brung, if the track kicks you out then you don't get to run that day.

But I will say this: PLEASE make it safe before you make it fast. Your family won't really give a crap about your attempts at making the DD if you are crippled or dead. Be smart and safe.

+2 We all want to see people go fast! But More importantly we want people to Go Back Home Safe!!:bigthumb

Good Luck to Everybody!! I see some fast cars coming out this year going to be Nutz!

PonymanfiveO
02-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Dude, Jimmy is on the ball!

I say he's in the 8's by April easy. ;)

Timido
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll take the first honors put me on the broke list :)

91lxnos
02-15-2008, 07:05 PM
in the 8's....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! anybody got a windsor Dart block I mite need it???????

mustangoutlaw
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
And KUDOS to Dave for "babysitting" the Dozen:bigthumb

+1 way to go dave!!:coo1:

kennebellcobra
02-15-2008, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Maximus;344352]Im gonna say JIMSSVT will be the first one in the 8s.

No faith in the Kenne Bell:(:lol::lol:

Maximus
02-15-2008, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Maximus;344352]Im gonna say JIMSSVT will be the first one in the 8s.

No faith in the Kenne Bell:(:lol::lol:

LOL!! Well that was until I heard C4s dont like alot of POWAH!!!
Jim is on the ball, so I see him at the track on or around opening day laying down a Looooooow number for everyone to shoot for.:bigthumb Not sure if the track is gonna like all the new found powah, but we will see.

WOOT!! Tis the FUCKING SEASON TO FUCKIN RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evilflip:

JASON408
02-16-2008, 12:24 AM
in the 8's....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! anybody got a windsor Dart block I mite need it???????

I got a brand new dart block sitting at the engine shop . but i think im going to need it !!!Im starting to wonder if 460 was big enough i knew i should have gone with the 477 kit .Might take a 8,60 pass to get 3rd this year:D my car is still sitting the same as it was the last day of the season . i better get to work !!

DeckerEnt
02-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I just need to get my stuff together. If I get a run in early enough, I could be on the list. For a few minutes anyway. LOL
Keith

firestang70
02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
You can all eat my dust, while I'm in the 11s! BWAHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

ibstrokin
02-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Dude, Jimmy is on the ball!

I say he's in the 8's by April easy. ;)

I agree, I think Jimmy is in the best pos. to make the first 8 sec pass. Good luck to everyone, it's going to be an awesome year.

beefcake
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
subscribing

Maximus
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Our first "issue"

It seems like a fellow SBZ member (long time member) brought up a valid point.
He was thinking about putting an LS1 into a Stang and was looking to run mid 10s. I thougt we made it an all Ford powered thing. BUT he mentioned that a few of the Top Dozen were running a Powerglide (GM) Whats the difference he asked....

So,
Does the Stang, Capri have to be Ford powered?

Keep it civil or one of the Moderator Nazis will edit ya.:lol::flipoff:

Ranger50
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Our first "issue"

He was thinking about putting an LS1 into a Stang and was looking to run mid 10s. I thougt we made it an all Ford powered thing. BUT he mentioned that a few of the Top Dozen were running a Powerglide (GM) Whats the difference he asked....

So,

Given the discussion last year, or was it the year before that, over it being a stang or not, I would say yes, it has to still be Ford powered.

It is still the given classification to get into a FFW, NMRA, or Super Chevy show.....

Now if you do have a powerglide, how much of it really is GM anymore? Same thing with the engine, how much of it truly is Ford????

Brian

1badF'N Z
02-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Our first "issue"

So,

Vinny always told Kirk boys from G.Town they couldnt because it was a smallblock chevy in there stang. He always said it had to be Ford only.

Maximus
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Vinny always told Kirk boys from G.Town they couldnt because it was a smallblock chevy in there stang. He always said it had to be Ford only.

Then we have no issue.:)

Jeff88coupe
02-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I definatly think it's gonna take a 9 second pass or better to make the dozen by the end of the season. Hopefully I'll be able to do it.

ibstrokin
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Our first "issue"

So,

Craig, don't encourage Mark:bigthumb

Maximus
02-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Craig, don't encourage Mark:bigthumb

Well I wasnt trying to use any names.:lol:

93hulk
02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I didnt see it in the rules!:popcorn:

YouGotJunk
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I dont think it's right at all...I think if your going to say Ford power only..than it has to have a ford transmission in it. Motor and tranny..one dont work without the other..What if someone had a LS1 with a c4 behind it??? I just dont see how you can say ok its gotta be ford powered...but the power is going through a GM transmission???

Rick93coupe
02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
IMO, the motor of a car makes the car. Not that I care one way or another, but chevy guys run ford rearends all the time because they're stronger, and ford guys run chevy transmissions because they're stronger. If subaru made a stronger transmission that cost less money, I'd be running one of those.

Transmissions don't power anything......

ibstrokin
02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I say we address it when it's a concern, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. As far as the tranny issue, past practice has allowed gm tranny's.

YouGotJunk
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Transmissions don't power anything......

It doesn't concern me either..but I dont see a difference than what I explained earlier...how can you say ok to a tranny...but no to a motor...they came from the same factory..with the same people building them..how is one different from the other??? And no transmissions dont power anything...but they have to be able to transfer it....you can make as much power as you want...but if you cant get it throughout the rest of the drivetrain...it means nothing. PA's supercomp is rated for 1200hp...how many cars on the DD make more than that??? and as far as price...your not going to find to many good powerglides..that dont cost atleast as much as PA's c4..most of the time..they're going to be more. Just my opinion though...just as you have yours!!:bigthumb

Timido
02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
You can make a stock planetary glide last a long time. Bracket racing powerglides can be bought for $1000 that can take 800hp.

Maximus
02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
If you show up to NMRA with a Stang and its powered by something other than a Ford powerplant, they will NOT let you run. As for trannys, they dont care. That is a MUSTANG racing series and this is a Mustang site and I would guess that was how Vinny wanted it. If that crazy cracka would have put a Chevy motor in TT, this wouldnt be a concern, but he decided to spend some serious amount of coin on a FORD powerplant NOT a Chevy.:)

mustang8998
02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but maybe the powers that be, should look at how other sanctioning bodies deal with this. Like NMRA, FFW, etc., to see what their rules are concerning transmissions. If they allow them, no problem.

I do know that the engine has to be a Ford product.

Just my .02.

Edit; Craig kinda beat me to it. LOL.

93hulk
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
If you show up to NMRA with a Stang and its powered by something other than a Ford powerplant, they will NOT let you run. As for trannys, they dont care. That is a MUSTANG racing series and this is a Mustang site and I would guess that was how Vinny wanted it. If that crazy cracka would have put a Chevy motor in TT, this wouldnt be a concern, but he decided to spend some serious amount of coin on a FORD powerplant NOT a Chevy.:)

So built Ford tuff with Chevy stuff is OK? Except motors? Isnt the LS series heads based from the Ford head designs?LOL!:D

Maximus
02-24-2008, 09:21 PM
So built Ford tuff with Chevy stuff is OK? Except motors? LOL!:D

I think an LS1/2 backed with a 6spd would be Kick ass in your Stang. :bigthumb
But seeing how Vinny didnt allow it back in the day, it shouldnt be allowed now.
Ill be running a Gforce tranny, no auto manufactuer built it, so where do I stand.:confused:

93hulk
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I think an LS1/2 backed with a 6spd would be Kick ass in your Stang. :bigthumb
But seeing how Vinny didnt allow it back in the day, it shouldnt be allowed now.
Ill be running a Gforce tranny, no auto manufactuer built it, so where do I stand.:confused:

Its Ok, I have another dog in the fight now. The LS-1 in just an idea Ive been kickin around. But to be serious there needs to be a rule made just incase this topic ever happens. i would hate for us to get a new member who does everthing according to the written rules (who has a hybrid stang) and wants to go on the Doz and people tell him he cant. That wouldnt be right in my O.

Maximus
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Its Ok, I have another dog in the fight now. The LS-1 in just an idea Ive been kickin around. But to be serious there needs to be a rule made just incase this topic ever happens. i would hate for us to get a new member who does everthing according to the written rules (who has a hybrid stang) and wants to go on the Doz and people tell him he cant. That wouldnt be right in my O.

You are right. I "thought" we did have the rule, especially since it happened already. Dave will have to put it writing so there is no question and not to upset anyone.:)

5.0calypso93lx
02-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I dont think it's right at all...I think if your going to say Ford power only..than it has to have a ford transmission in it. Motor and tranny..one dont work without the other..What if someone had a LS1 with a c4 behind it??? I just dont see how you can say ok its gotta be ford powered...but the power is going through a GM transmission???

Take a T-56 for example. Comes factory in Vettes, Camaros, Cobras, aston martins, and vipers. I don't think a trans should dictate what a car is "powered" by.

ibstrokin
02-24-2008, 09:59 PM

You"ll be outstanding---------in your field :lol:

mustang8998
02-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Mark, I think you're fighting a losing battle here.

When this all first started, I wondered why the rules didn't include the Fairmont and Zepher, since they are built on the same platform as the Mustang. But they were not included.

In my opinion, the rules should say "Ford powered", but I thought that was a given.

93cobra
02-24-2008, 10:54 PM

:agree:...me too

93cobra
02-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Mark, I think you're fighting a losing battle here.

When this all first started, I wondered why the rules didn't include the Fairmont and Zepher, since they are built on the same platform as the Mustang. But they were not included.

In my opinion, the rules should say "Ford powered", but I thought that was a given.

this isn't rocket science people...."not jumping down mustang8998 personally....this is to everybody that has raised these questions in the past...etc"

this is a "MUSTANG SITE" which is ford powered....not Fairmontbangerz, Zepherbangerz, LS1bangerz, Neonbangerz, Moparbangerz, Grandnationalbangerz, Z28bangerz....:bangwall::confused:

what is so hard to understand...that these questions raised don't even fall into a gray area....

mustang8998
02-24-2008, 11:17 PM
My point would be, it's not Capribangerz either. I understand your point, but you do see mine, right?

I'm in agreement with you 93cobra, it should be easy to see the Ford powered part.

I guess I'm thinking too much about how the sanctioning bodies handle their rules, concerning body styles, as long as they are Ford powered. I will stand by the transmission argument, that a powerglide (or any trans), is allowed.

WhiteT
02-24-2008, 11:20 PM
this isn't rocket science people...."not jumping down mustang8998 personally....this is to everybody that has raised these questions in the past...etc"

this is a "MUSTANG SITE" which is ford powered....not Fairmontbangerz, Zepherbangerz, LS1bangerz, Neonbangerz, Moparbangerz, Grandnationalbangerz, Z28bangerz....:bangwall::confused:

what is so hard to understand...that these questions raised don't even fall into a gray area....

Darn, there goes my plan of putting my engine in something 1000 lbs lighter:lol: j/k.

Can't wait to see some of these fast Stangs in action this year! Good luck to all:bigthumb

93hulk
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM

A mustang is still a mustang no matter what kind of motor is in it. But I see what every one is saying. No big deal! But I still think its stupid.:rolleyes:

Rick93coupe
02-24-2008, 11:29 PM
If ford made a transmission that would hold up to some decent power without spending 3000.00, tranny's wouldn't be an issue either. Atleast they got the 8.8 and 9" right.

mustang8998
02-24-2008, 11:30 PM
No big deal! But I still think its stupid.:rolleyes:

Stupid putting a Chebby engine in a Mustang? :lol:

93hulk
02-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Stupid putting a Chebby engine in a Mustang? :lol:

You've never drove an LS series car before have you?:flipoff:

91lxnos
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Wait, if i'm not mistaken the member wanting to run the LS1 motor in his stang said he only wanted to run mid 10's???? Yet everyone is in agreement it is going to take a 9sec car to even make the list this year? I think it would take about 1/2 the cash to get a small block chevy to run 10's as it would a small block ford so why wouldn't you build the chevy?? If the rules aloud. Unless you are a true blue ford guy. I respect the original rules set forth by Vinny, however as time changes and the site grows the rules should be discussed.........IN THE OFF SEASON..........Think how many guys have been building their cars around a certin set of rules and when the rules are changed in the middle of a build who is at the advantage??????? I have nothing aginst a person building whatever powerplant they choose (it's fun watching people who can't tell the differance between a sbc and a sbf) If you dont alow GM parts maybe you shouldn't allow say Fuel cells, mini tubs ect.........becuse they arn't "Ford" original parts????? I am only saying to many rules and you will loose the heart and soul of what Vinny wanted this is all to be about and you may start loosing interest....Think of the bigger sanc. bodies that have changed the rules so many times the interest has gone down. I say we keep to the rules set forth for the Dozen that is why a "other Dozen" list was made and when the season ends there should be a meeting of the minds to discuss this and any other issue that may arise.......WoW just my $.02

JASON408
02-25-2008, 07:30 AM
If you look at any race org like the nmra ( a ford based org ) you can run ford car with ford power . You can run a toytota trans and rear end in it if you want along with your japan wheels and mexican tires . The only thing that they car about is a ford motor . If you go to a lsx race with a f body with a ford motor in it they would ( first beat you up ) say you cant race !! there nothing wrong with putting any motor in a mustang if your up to the challange. I think thats cool!! But thats why we have a other dozen list !!

dedpedal
02-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Even if a Chevy motor were to be allowed on the Dozen, I doubt he or she would get any respect from the rest. Even tho its not speced in the rules it should be taken as a given that the DD should be for Mustang and Capris that are Ford powered.

mustangoutlaw
02-25-2008, 07:48 AM

Here is the answer! Vinny Wanted it that way for a reason!

If you look at any race org like the nmra ( a ford based org ) you can run ford car with ford power . You can run a toytota trans and rear end in it if you want along with your japan wheels and mexican tires . The only thing that they car about is a ford motor . If you go to a lsx race with a f body with a ford motor in it they would ( first beat you up ) say you cant race !! there nothing wrong with putting any motor in a mustang if your up to the challange. I think thats cool!! But thats why we have a other dozen list !!

Highly agree that if it is not a Ford powered Mustang that it falls in the Other Dozen list...

Black Horse
02-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Rules have been updated slightly to end the discussion:

- A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

Now in anticipation of the next volley of rule bending.....Ford powered includes other blocks/heads/intakes/etc. that are manufactured to the Ford specifications. In other words - Dart Blocks, aftermarket heads and intake are acceptable as long as the aftermarket components COULD bolt up to a stock Ford block.

Remeber guys - this whole deal is to keep things affordable and fun so that everyone can play. We are NOT going to make a detailed rule book.

93 coupe
02-25-2008, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=dedpedal;347745]Even if a Chevy motor were to be allowed on the Dozen, I doubt he or she would get any respect from the rest.]

I wouldn't look at it like that. As long as there not puttin a Nissan or toyota motor in it like Fast/Furious 3! Haha. I Love Ford and Chevy power!!! :bigthumb

89notch
02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I have an idea why don't we put together a Dirty Dozen committee and pick like 5 members from the board and when a rule is challenge or a request is made to change it we have the board discuss it and vote on it. Then whatever the board says goes and each year we can mix the board up a little. Just a suggestion that I think would work well.

Maximus
02-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I have an idea why don't we put together a Dirty Dozen committee and pick like 5 members from the board and when a rule is challenge or a request is made to change it we have the board discuss it and vote on it. Then whatever the board says goes and each year we can mix the board up a little. Just a suggestion that I think would work well.

I dont think 5 would cut it. I think the past 15 guys that made the list at the end of the year should be the "comittee"

Maximus
02-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Rules have been updated slightly to end the discussion:

Remeber guys - this whole deal is to keep things affordable and fun so that everyone can play. We are NOT going to make a detailed rule book.

BWHAHAHAA!!! I like the Fun part, but affordable?? Have you seen whats rolling out of some these Garages??:eek:

347sc
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
SO if I wanted to put a GE turbine in mine I couldnt make the list? Damn it I'll have to ebay it now.

DeckerEnt
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Fun is too much of a blanket statement. I think it would be fun to get my car done and run a low 13.xx in it. Others will have fun running a low 9.xx. My costs for my car will be much lower than the other guy. But fun is fun.
Keith

DeckerEnt
02-25-2008, 10:56 AM
You would just be on the other dozen list.
Keith

BLACKHAWK
02-25-2008, 10:59 AM
you guys are so fast now to even make the dozen, that come on admit it, its not affordable for everyone to play.

I know I don't have a stang now, but have you guys considered like having 3 et class dozen lists.

like one for 8-9sec cars
one for 10-11sec cars
and one for 12-13 sec cars

I think your site would have alot more fun with it as a whole, and you would see alot more particaption and a better time at the track because everybody would be there. and it would be fun to see all the competition

I know it would be alot of extra work to keep everything updated, but it was just a idea I had for you guys.:)

Later on

92BlackStang
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
you guys are so fast now to even make the dozen, that come on admit it, its not affordable for everyone to play.

I know I don't have a stang now, but have you guys considered like having 3 et class dozen lists.

like one for 8-9sec cars
one for 10-11sec cars
and one for 12-13 sec cars

I think your site would have alot more fun with it as a whole, and you would see alot more particaption and a better time at the track because everybody would be there. and it would be fun to see all the competition

I know it would be alot of extra work to keep everything updated, but it was just a idea I had for you guys.:)

Later on i agree :bigthumb

92BlackStang
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
what about us 14 sec guys lol

89notch
02-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Part of the dozen is to get people to step it up and build faster cars. I think more "brackets" is a bad Idea and will only cause headaches.

89notch
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I dont think 5 would cut it. I think the past 15 guys that made the list at the end of the year should be the "comittee"

I was thinking non dirty dozen members so nobody can say the rules were made to benefit them kind of thing. Or maybe we can try to prior dozen members decide the rules if any changes need to be made.

Maximus
02-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I was thinking non dirty dozen members so nobody can say the rules were made to benefit them kind of thing. Or maybe we can try to prior dozen members decide the rules if any changes need to be made.

The rules are at the beginning of this thread. They are as Vinny wanted them and thats the way they should stay.

If anyone wants to make changes, start a new site and have at it.:bigthumb

replicobra
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
wouldn't that stray away from the dirty dozen. don't get me wrong, i can't be on it either. i'm rolling a lightning, now. just the same i like to watch the dozen grow. it's great to see people get so motivated to make that 12 car list. it keeps the compitition tight. there is already the other dozen, for the rest of us. it currently has a wide rage of times and money spent. i would say it's just a matter of time, before it tightens up, too. i would love to see cars on the other dozen hangin with cars on the dirty dozen. i would like to be one of them. lol

BLACKHAWK
02-25-2008, 12:17 PM
well one last idea I have is if you want to keep your dozen list like you got, you could extend the on deck list more than 12 more cars to like, I don't know maybe up to 38 and then it would kind of feel like something to the slower guys but not stepping on the rules or toes of the original dirty dozen list. and just keep things simple. It would just be a list, nothing more nothing less. Then the the other stangbangerz could look at the on deck as some sort of contest in there own way and just think they have some particapation of being on a list and doing there best to move up the on deck list

well good luck with what you guys decide, just speakin up
later

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
How about y'all get in the ring and fight it out. Whoever wins makes the rules.

:popcorn: I'm ready

<Note---all posts by cobra_SVT_Girl have no inherent value whatsoever->

Timido
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Everyone who put up a time last year was on the list somewhere. The on deck included Everyone. I know several people who enjoy making their car faster and one-upping the next guy. It doesnt matter if it is a 14 second car or a 8 second car. This was created to get people out to the track and as a way for people to be proud of their peronsal accomplishments. The people who have a fast car did not just go out and throw a bunch of money at a car and ta-da it runs 9's Most of them have worked hard at what they have been doing for years. Guess what they all started somewhere. I think my first pass was a 16 second 1/4 mile. Someone told me along time ago "there is allways someone faster" Guess what they are right. I think everyone should get off the couch get to the track and prove somthing..... To themself. That is what this is all about.

JASON408
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Everyone who put up a time last year was on the list somewhere. The on deck included Everyone. I know several people who enjoy making their car faster and one-upping the next guy. It doesnt matter if it is a 14 second car or a 8 second car. This was created to get people out to the track and as a way for people to be proud of their peronsal accomplishments. The people who have a fast car did not just go out and throw a bunch of money at a car and ta-da it runs 9's Most of them have worked hard at what they have been doing for years. Guess what they all started somewhere. I think my first pass was a 16 second 1/4 mile. Someone told me along time ago "there is allways someone faster" Guess what they are right. I think everyone should get off the couch get to the track and prove somthing..... To themself. That is what this is all about.

amen !!!!!

JonS
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM

I agree with everything in that statement.:bigthumb

Evil_Capri
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM

Agreed! :bigthumb

I enjoyed the entire list as it gave a little incentive to improve and best others (and one's own personal best time) that are in and around your respective time.

Black Horse
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
And you have to remeber, the top dawgs are always more likely to break.....and that leaves the door right open for the next one(s) in line!

ibstrokin
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
The DD rocks because it's not easy to be on, if it was easy, no one would care.

Maximus
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM

:agree:

1badF'N Z
02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
just make it a bakers dozen 13. I dont see what the arguement is for those who dont have Ford power they go on the other list plain and simple. Its not about who spends the most money either it should be about haveing fun and trying to outdo your buddies. At least you have another list for those of us thats smart enough to not own a Ford. lol

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Im gonna say JIMSSVT will be the first one in the 8s.

And just to think, he started out a CHEVY guy! I met Jimmy when he was driving a 99 Camaro (V6) and I had a 98 Camaro (Z28).<---I have to add that I had the faster car.....cause that was about the last time I did. :)

Then he got the mustang bug......black 95 convertible GT......a car should NEVER take that much abuse and still run!

He had a huge tach in it and when he'd be doing donuts in the parking lot...that tach would shine like the sun.....:lol:

Maximus
02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
And just to think, he started out a CHEVY guy! I met Jimmy when he was driving a 99 Camaro (V6) and I had a 98 Camaro (Z28).<---I have to add that I had the faster car.....cause that was about the last time I did. :)

Then he got the mustang bug......black 95 convertible GT......a car should NEVER take that much abuse and still run!

He had a huge tach in it and when he'd be doing donuts in the parking lot...that tach would shine like the sun.....:lol:

I think quite a few of us started out Chevy, but switched over to a Mustang. Im AC/DC, (Ford/Chevy)I go both ways....<~~Thats opening up a big ole can.:lol: KMA:flipoff:

93cobra
02-26-2008, 03:08 PM
At least you have another list for those of us thats smart enough to not own a Ford. lol

Expected words out of a Chevy Monkey's mouth.

Please give me a list of 5 real educated reasons with explanations... what makes you actually believe that....

Rick93coupe
02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Im AC/DC, (Ford/Chevy)I go both ways....<~~Thats opening up a big ole can.:lol: KMA:flipoff:

Well thats two of you..... heard there's another guy from Middletown who goes both ways!!
:eek::lol:

Kevin Doe
02-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Wait a minute, people care......

JIMS SVT
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
..a car should NEVER take that much abuse and still run!

Lol...it still ran fine when I got rid of it...and the tach...i never paid attention to it.

ibstrokin
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM

I'm not sure you get the meaning.

91lxnos
02-26-2008, 05:30 PM

ya they do:bigthumb

Maximus
02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I care.:flipoff:

1badF'N Z
02-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Expected words out of a Chevy Monkey's mouth.

Please give me a list of 5 real educated reasons with explanations... what makes you actually believe that....I dont have to explain shit to retards like you.:eek:

Waffles
02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
The rules are at the beginning of this thread. They are as Vinny wanted them and thats the way they should stay.

If anyone wants to make changes, start a new site and have at it.:bigthumb

Wow, that's a true conservative right there! :bigthumb

93cobra
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I dont have to explain shit to retards like you.:eek:

:flipoff: ...again another true example of your inteligence....

i asked for 5 simple opinions on what makes chevys better than fords in general.....

tell me anything....your z28 has a heart beat or your uncle's nova can blaze the tires at 60.... my ford means found on road dead....anyting...

about the only thing i can come up with is that its cheaper to build a chevy motor....

Maximus
02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Wow, that's a true conservative right there! :bigthumb

:sbowns:

Black Horse
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Alright...this is supposed to be discussion of the Dirty Dozen.....I'm about to get out the delete stick....

Maximus
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Alright...this is supposed to be discussion of the Dirty Dozen.....I'm about to get out the delete stick....

That is what makes this discussion interesting and sometimes, motivates one to step up there game (or lack thereof):bigthumb

93cobra
02-26-2008, 10:25 PM

:D i was just wondering the same thing & was asking myself "why is someone in a mustang site that obviously is not a mustang fan starting stuff"....:confused:

deleting wouldn't hurt my feelings:popcorn:

93hulk
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
:D i was just wondering the same thing & was asking myself "why is someone in a mustang site that obviously is not a mustang fan starting stuff"....:confused:

deleting wouldn't hurt my feelings:popcorn:

He has a Mustang also!:)

92BlackStang
02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
chevys like a rock gotta kick it to get it to move

Maximus
02-27-2008, 10:11 AM
chevys like a rock gotta kick it to get it to move

Well yeah, but push that rock over a cliff....Fucker hauls ass!!!:lol::bigthumb

93cobra
02-27-2008, 11:13 AM
He has a Mustang also!:)

ohh..well that makes more sense..

btw..your coupe looks killer:bigthumb

Maximus
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Speaking of Haulin ass.....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/18181022/306151881.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/18181022/306151879.jpg

My old Orange Stang will even have a hard time keeping up.:eek::evilflip:

Kevin Doe
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
"spreaking hauling ass, I'm gonna ship this turbo using these stamps to the customer who just bougth it." LOL.

347sc
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Why havent you called saying my turbo was in?:confused:

Rob
02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
just make it a bakers dozen 13. I dont see what the arguement is for those who dont have Ford power they go on the other list plain and simple. Its not about who spends the most money either it should be about haveing fun and trying to outdo your buddies. At least you have another list for those of us thats smart enough to not own a Ford. lol

If your car is slower than 10.00 you wont make it on the list this year anyway :cool1:

BUHBYY
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Rob are you going to get that beautiful thing down the 1320 this year ????

Maximus
02-27-2008, 12:39 PM
"spreaking hauling ass, I'm gonna ship this turbo using these stamps to the customer who just bougth it." LOL.

Size reference there guy.:HYF:

facemelter71
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Im in no way gonna be seein the dozen list this year,unless some how this stroker gets put together.
But im wondering,why there is a huge discussion about the rules of the dozen?
I think that its pretty strait forward on the rules.I dont see anything wrong with them.Obviously if your not a healthy turd away from the 8 second mark,you probly wont see the top of the list anyway.

JASON408
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
TO MUCH TALK NOT ENOUGH RACING!!!!!!!:dummy:need to spend more time wrenching to try to keep up!;)

Rob
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Rob are you going to get that beautiful thing down the 1320 this year ????

Oh yea, i am going to be running UMTR. Plus just trying to have some fun with it. Its going to be a great year :bigthumb

mustangoutlaw
02-27-2008, 02:14 PM

:jawdrop: OK who did I Pi$$ off?? :lol: Guess I got to put That second stage on now Cracker...:smokin:

Maximus
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
:jawdrop: OK who did I Pi$$ off?? :lol: Guess I got to put That second stage on now Cracker...:smokin:

Still wont be enuff.:eek::(

But I will still help out a Former #1 Dozen member and get your Stang dialed in. I know there is still ALOT left in it:bigthumb

Rob
02-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Yea, didn't you make that 9.03 pass with 2 plug wires off? :cool1:

bobtsgt
02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh yea, i am going to be running UMTR. Plus just trying to have some fun with it. Its going to be a great year :bigthumb

we are going to hold you to this you know :flipoff:

1badF'N Z
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM

he wishes.

JASON408
02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
he wishes. yes he does it was realy 3 plug wires if it was only 2 he would have went 8s :bigthumb

mustangoutlaw
02-27-2008, 08:13 PM

Jason right it was 3 :rolleyes:

he wishes.

Ya like you wish Elvis your horse was fast! :lol: old Whiskey put it all over Elvis! :bigthumb

YouGotJunk
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Why dont you bring old whiskey out of retirement and come on down and race horses with the big boys...You might be #1 on here...but you wont be at D&B's!!!LOLOLOL

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-27-2008, 10:32 PM
You guys are going DOOOWWNNNN! The women are gonna :HYF:!

:boxing: :evilgrin: :booty:

Maximus
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
You guys are going DOOOWWNNNN! The women are gonna :HYF:!

:boxing: :evilgrin: :booty:

Hey, go clean up your Hootchie Havoc or Wiked Witch bangerz or whatever you ladies are calling yourselfs.:lol::lol:

:angel:

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey, go clean up your Hootchie Havoc or Wiked Witch bangerz or whatever you ladies are calling yourselfs.:lol::lol:

:angel:

Awwwwww....is wittle Craig afwaid of a lil girlie kickin his butt????

:chicken:

Maximus
02-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Awwwwww....is wittle Craig afwaid of a lil girlie kickin his butt????

:chicken:

BWAHAHA!! Not at all. Im just giving you shit. Besides, there is a girl in here thats faster than EVERYONE in here.:bigthumb

Now go bake some cupcakes and make sure you use the cool sprinkles.:booty:

glassman
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM

It's coming with some cha cha changes :bigthumb:bigthumb
A lil different attitude and maybe a lil bigger one of those if need be.......
We'll need some roller time soon..........;);)

Maximus
02-27-2008, 11:24 PM
It's coming with some cha cha changes :bigthumb:bigthumb
A lil different attitude and maybe a lil bigger one of those if need be.......
We'll need some roller time soon..........;);)

Ive heard and cant wait to see it!!:bigthumb
Its gonna need it. Im still gonna miss the cool stereo.:cool1:
Im waiting on you guys, seems like there is a "Dark" horse lurkin around that needs some roller time as well. Whos gonna MAX the Dyno first.:eek::bigthumb

glassman
02-27-2008, 11:33 PM
So now we have a race to the 8's and a race to peg the Dyno :bigthumb:bigthumb

Maximus
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
So now we have a race to the 8's and a race to peg the Dyno :bigthumb:bigthumb

8s? I was thinking 7s.:eek::bigthumb
Call me tomorrow.

Holly
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Besides, there is a girl in here thats faster than EVERYONE in here.:bigthumb

:confused2 Who might that be?

I think Twisted Twins could possibly be the fastest "chick car" in here, but does Holly have the guts to drive it THAT fast? :dunno:

That's the (BIG) problem. I will think about this, and let you guys know what I decide. The thing is, I'm going to need some help from ma boyz (the ones that know TT) if this is going to happen (depending on my tax refund). It needs a few things done to it, and I need to learn how to drive it, fast. ;)

Either way, I'm excited to see the girl's get out there and go for it! It should be a fun filled summer!

Maximus
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
:confused2 Who might that be?

I think Twisted Twins could possibly be the fastest "chick car" in here, but does Holly have the guts to drive it THAT fast? :dunno:

That's the (BIG) problem. I will think about this, and let you guys know what I decide. The thing is, I'm going to need some help from ma boyz (the ones that know TT) if this is going to happen (depending on my tax refund). It needs a few things done to it, and I need to learn how to drive it, fast. ;)

Either way, I'm excited to see the girl's get out there and go for it! It should be a fun filled summer!

Erica. (although her car isnt street legal):)

Im sure TT can get tuned to be safe and FAST. That would be the question, How Fast do ya wanna take it? 9.0s @ about 150?:evilgrin:

It is VERY cool to see some of the girls BACK OUT racing and some new ones, willing to try.:bigthumb

92BlackStang
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Erica. (although her car isnt street legal):)

Im sure TT can get tuned to be safe and FAST. That would be the question, How Fast do ya wanna take it? 9.0s @ about 150?:evilgrin:

It is VERY cool to see some of the girls BACK OUT racing and some new ones, willing to try.:bigthumb
should just take it in the 8's if your gonna do that. I'd say vinny would like to see that.. :bigthumb

Maximus
02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
should just take it in the 8's if your gonna do that. I'd say vinny would like to see that.. :bigthumb

If Holly is comfortable with it, turn up the Boost and lets see some 8s:cool1::bigthumb

Holly
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
If Holly is comfortable with it, turn up the Boost and lets see some 8s:cool1::bigthumb

:chicken: = ME

92BlackStang
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
:chicken: = ME ahh it cant be that hard i believe in ya :bigthumb

Rick93coupe
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
ahh it cant be that hard i believe in ya :bigthumb

10 second cars can be a handful, I'm sure an 8 second pass takes some getting used to.

92BlackStang
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
10 second cars can be a handful, I'm sure an 8 second pass takes some getting used to. i know just tryin to get confidence up

Maximus
03-05-2008, 12:43 AM

SWEET MOTHER OF BOOST!!! Looks like there is ANOTHER one of these lurking! (well 3mm smaller than the above)
Damn, I wonder what all you cracker ass' would do for money instead of a sticker?:lol::bigthumb

glassman
03-05-2008, 11:08 AM
SWEET MOTHER OF BOOST!!! Looks like there is ANOTHER one of these lurking! (well 3mm smaller than the above)
Damn, I wonder what all you cracker ass' would do for money instead of a sticker?:lol::bigthumb

Ummmmm.......I was wrong it's not smaller!!!!!! :evilflip:

Maximus
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Lets stir some more. :cool1:

Not as big as Bertha. But this one can still generate MASS POWAH!!!:bigthumb

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/18181022/308021158.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/503042/18181022/308021160.jpg

Now all we need is some Sunshine and WARMER weather, and a well preped track wouldnt hurt either.:)

bkstang95
03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
dammitt! Im gone for a year and a half or so and now look at all these turbos! Guess I should just go back to washing and maxing my little turbo car.

Maximus
03-17-2008, 11:11 PM
I guess everyone else is being all secretive about what they are building??:flipoff:

mustangoutlaw
03-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Patience young Grasshopper all secret will be out by say........ November :lol:

I have a few changes, I going to up the power adder and get it to hold the power I'm making on your Dyno this time hopefully :bigthumb

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I wasn't trying to be a prick Chad, hopefully you know that. I just knew if something came up about it I knew people would start giving you a hard time trying to say you tried to sneak it by. Now get that damn handshaker out of there and put it back in the 9's next year!

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 06:55 AM
On another note...I've been waiting for someone else to own up to breaking the rules of the DD too. I do believe before the Dirty dozen was over, a car broke a few things and wasn't ever able to make it back I don't think. It's just rules though, they should be followed.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders. If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

So...yeah?

so terry, heard you had a hell of a ride today!!!!!!!!!!
did you get it fixed?

and..

Yes it was!:eek:
Already in the garage.... the #7 exhaust tube was CRUSHED and It blew out the bottom of the header gasket on that cylinder. I will fix it here in a bit... bout a 3 min job, (Except for the header), thats Robs special area!;)

Everyone over look this except for me or what??

Black Horse
11-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Is the car truely "Broke"? In other words did the breakage keep it from making the pass and can it be run as it sits right now?

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Is the car truely "Broke"? In other words did the breakage keep it from making the pass and can it be run as it sits right now?

I would think crushing a header tube would cause that cyclinder to build more pressure from having all the added back pressure from that tube being crushed and would cause extreme heat and wouldn't be good at all. I'm just simply stating, rules are rules, no matter if your first on the list or last. I thought the rules applied for everyone. Terry seems like a pretty stand up guy and I have nothing personal against Terry, his car is flying, but that doesn't mean the rules shouldn't apply.

89notch
11-24-2008, 07:32 AM
On another note...I've been waiting for someone else to own up to breaking the rules of the DD too. I do believe before the Dirty dozen was over, a car broke a few things and wasn't ever able to make it back I don't think. It's just rules though, they should be followed.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders. If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

So...yeah?

and..

He made 2 passes at the track with it broken. It crushed the header on the first pass and he kept making passes so was it broke not really does it eventually need to be fixed yes.

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 07:33 AM

So...yeah?

and..

Want to consider that broke? :rolleyes: I ran the car with the smashed header.....;) Just a two dents and scuffed up.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Yeah but just because something still runs doesn't mean it's not broke. I got kicked off because I was testing a 2step in my driveway I noticed a little bit of water seeping out between the head and block. The car still ran perfect and I'm sure I could've went out and made a few passes on it and noone would've ever known. Instead I went ahead and fixed it that way I didn't have to worry about it blowing all the way out and possibly causing me to wreck it or who knows what else. And I fixed it and it still went to the track that day and ran the same numbers as before. You said in the previous post it "crushed" the header tube, but now it's just a couple little dents and scuffed up a little? So which one is it?

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM

I consider broke, unable to drive. My vehicle, and I will be the first to say it, needs maintenance and checkups. I change a plugs, oil ... tear off the valve covers and adjust rockers, check headgaskets all to prevent problems.... If something lets go in my motor it cost a lot of $$$$ to fix, and lets just face it, non of us has money to blow now a days.;)

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Trying to drive it like a normal street car with a crushed header tube would not be good. I'd say most people would agree that it would generate alot of heat and end up causing damage. I've seen cars run with blown headgaskets, broke trannys, and who knows what else, but just because they still run does that mean they're not broken? Mine never broke, it didnt blow the head gasket out, I changed it for the same reason you check yours, to prevent a problem later on.

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah but just because something still runs doesn't mean it's not broke. I got kicked off because I was testing a 2step in my driveway I noticed a little bit of water seeping out between the head and block. The car still ran perfect and I'm sure I could've went out and made a few passes on it and noone would've ever known. Instead I went ahead and fixed it that way I didn't have to worry about it blowing all the way out and possibly causing me to wreck it or who knows what else. And I fixed it and it still went to the track that day and ran the same numbers as before. You said in the previous post it "crushed" the header tube, but now it's just a couple little dents and scuffed up a little? So which one is it?

First of all I thought it was wrong to take you off the list for the headgasket, I told several people this. If you blew it.. your off. Checking it... well blower/turbo cars will seep to some extent.

I will do you one better;)
Here is a pic of the tube......

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm not out to single you out at all Terry. I'm just simply stating that you said it was crushed, and if it was crushed then I wouldn't think the car should/would have been able to be raced and drove like a street car like the DD rules require. If you raced the car a couple times after this accident and it was still able to run and backup your number than so be it. You have to look at it from everyone elses perspective also. If you would've read and thought someone's car was broke and they were just trying to stay on the list, you'd probably question it also. I just know that some people are quick to jump on some members if they find anything at all about their car possibly being messed up, but then willing to look past another members problems just because they're better buddies or whatever. Hopefully you understand.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 08:19 AM
He made 2 passes at the track with it broken. It crushed the header on the first pass and he kept making passes so was it broke not really does it eventually need to be fixed yes.

So uh, which one ya going with cheif? Broken...not really broke...but yes it needs fixed??

89notch
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
So uh, which one ya going with cheif? Broken...not really broke...but yes it needs fixed??

Not broken. :flipoff:

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm not out to single you out at all Terry. I'm just simply stating that you said it was crushed, and if it was crushed then I wouldn't think the car should/would have been able to be raced and drove like a street car like the DD rules require. If you raced the car a couple times after this accident and it was still able to run and backup your number than so be it. You have to look at it from everyone elses perspective also. If you would've read and thought someone's car was broke and they were just trying to stay on the list, you'd probably question it also. I just know that some people are quick to jump on some members if they find anything at all about their car possibly being messed up, but then willing to look past another members problems just because they're better buddies or whatever. Hopefully you understand.

Well you did single me out..... and one other thing..... my passenger side quarter panel has been smashed in, Is my car broke?:flipoff::lol:

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Not broken. :flipoff:

About what I figured you'd say. Does it taste any different since he is #1 on the list, or is about the same as all the others? :sukit: LoL:lol::flipoff::bigthumb

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Well you did single me out..... and one other thing..... my passenger side quarter panel has been smashed in, Is my car broke?:flipoff::lol:

Are you trying to say your car has a salvage title now? I mean if it's been knocked in so far that it's rubbing the tire or knocked the rearend out of alignment that could be very dangerous. I'm not so sure you should race it like that, it needs inspected to make sure it's ok. :lol::flipoff:

KenB
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, if it ran down the track after the smash, what did it run and why did you stop running it?

Ken

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, if it ran down the track after the smash, what did it run and why did you stop running it?

Ken

Read one of the before mentioned post.... maybe you can figure it out....:rolleyes:

KenB
11-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Read one of the before mentioned post.... maybe you can figure it out....:rolleyes:

Not really looking to 'figure it out' that's why I asked. I don't see anything in this thread that answers my question. If you don't want to answer it, that's fine.

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Not really looking to 'figure it out' that's why I asked. I don't see anything in this thread that answers my question. If you don't want to answer it, that's fine.

Exhaust leak, it sounded like shit.:(

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I think it's cool that your car is as fast as it is now but everyone else is off the list for just about any wrench turned. Truth is Kelly Shotwell is just two faced real bad. Picking and choosing who's car is "broke" Or not is a joke. We where going to keep right on racing Robs car the way it was but instead we changed the head gasket and still made our passes that day. Kelly cried and said it needed taken off. Same rules should apply

Maximus
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah but just because something still runs doesn't mean it's not broke. I got kicked off because I was testing a 2step in my driveway I noticed a little bit of water seeping out between the head and block. The car still ran perfect and I'm sure I could've went out and made a few passes on it and noone would've ever known. Instead I went ahead and fixed it that way I didn't have to worry about it blowing all the way out and possibly causing me to wreck it or who knows what else. And I fixed it and it still went to the track that day and ran the same numbers as before.
You said in the previous post it "crushed" the header tube, but now it's just a couple little dents and scuffed up a little? So which one is it?

If this is the case then you should still be on the list....or did someone else drive it?

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
nothing on the car was changed to change the out come of HP Or torque so of corse the car runs the same as always

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 10:15 AM
If this is the case then you should still be on the list....or did someone else drive it?

Agreed....

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Here lets do one better I just bought Robs car post up my 9.94 @ 139.6

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Well I hate to see it go, but as everyone knows, here lately i've just lost interest in it. Anyone know where any LS1 cars are forsale? Cash in hand...

91lxnos
11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, would this mean that changing jets, pulley size, boost levels would be changing combos? How about if you get a flat driving home from the track? What if you change exhaust from say bullets to flowmasters? What if you blow off your filter and meter on the track during a pass?ect............ Combo changes, "broke parts" and general maint. this is getting crazy! This is sounding like the NMRA changing rules as they go to fit the "Big Dawgs" in any given class. I thought this was about getting some kick ass cars to the track to run some Kick Ass times. Now making the dozen has become a challenge through the years, and it's proven you are going to have to spend alot of cash and seat time to make the dozen in the future. However I do remember having to show insurance card, title in my name, and so on at the DD shootouts in the past. But that hasn't happend as of late. Maybe Moderators could show up at the track and be able to make the call if someone is "broken" or "not"? This years DD is in the books and it is killer!!! Some nice rides with alot of hard work, time, and tuning to get there. It boils down to someone has to be there to make the call and that is final. Like them or not thats what they do. Kelly is a stand up guy and if he made the call then it has to stand. Silverbullet is the man this year and congrats to him. If people don't like the results then build a mid 8sec car and gun for him next year. I know I will be!!!!!! just my rant for the day!

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah I figued you might go down on them...But yes rules are rules and they need to be off the list

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Kelly is a stand up guy and if he made the call then it has to stand.

Kelly dont know anything. Was he there to witness what happened to Terrys car? Did he crawl under it and check it out for him? I'm just going by what Terry posted on the board himself, saying the header tube was crushed.

Maximus
11-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Terry (beefcake)needs to close this thread and we can start another with all the Bitching and whinning.:lol:

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Its only Bitching and whinning when its someones friend

91lxnos
11-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, would this mean that changing jets, pulley size, boost levels would be changing combos? How about if you get a flat driving home from the track? What if you change exhaust from say bullets to flowmasters? What if you blow off your filter and meter on the track during a pass?ect............ Combo changes, "broke parts" and general maint. this is getting crazy! This is sounding like the NMRA changing rules as they go to fit the "Big Dawgs" in any given class. I thought this was about getting some kick ass cars to the track to run some Kick Ass times. Now making the dozen has become a challenge through the years, and it's proven you are going to have to spend alot of cash and seat time to make the dozen in the future. However I do remember having to show insurance card, title in my name, and so on at the DD shootouts in the past. But that hasn't happend as of late. Maybe Moderators could show up at the track and be able to make the call if someone is "broken" or "not"? This years DD is in the books and it is killer!!! Some nice rides with alot of hard work, time, and tuning to get there. It boils down to someone has to be there to make the call and that is final. Like them or not thats what they do. Kelly is a stand up guy and if he made the call then it has to stand. Silverbullet is the man this year and congrats to him. If people don't like the results then build a mid 8sec car and gun for him next year. I know I will be!!!!!! just my rant for the day!

I think I made that point clear. Kelly wasn't there but you still have to have someone make the call and he did. Now, I don't agree about you being booted off the list either. If you "fixed" or "changed" the head gasket and came back and ran the numbers then you should be on the list weather you were broke in someones opinion or not.

Rob
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
So is this still a rule?Just wondering???

What are you getting at? Go ahead.....just say it.....;)

Black Horse
11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Enough - this thread is for posting times and results. If you want to state that someone is broke you can do it here. ANY discussion about the issues or comments is to be in this thread:
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39959

I'll be moving all the comments over to that thread shortly as soon as I have to time.

The rules stand as written, the moderators will make any final decisions as to if a rule is broken or not. Period.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
So your telling me that the moderators have the final say in declaring if someone is broke or not? So let's take a look at our moderators and the ones wanting to make the decisions, in this case, Kelly. He very rarely even goes to the race track, maybe once a year?? And your going to let his word/decision stand? When's the last time anyone even seen him at a track?? I'm at the racetrack about every weekend and watch everyone race all the time, but because he's a moderator his word is still more trusting?? That's some BS! This is some of the dumbest shit i've read in a long time...

Holly
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
When's the last time anyone even seen him at a track??

I saw him at Edgewater 3 weeks ago racing his truck. I was racing the Charger that day, and Craig took TT down the track.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Come one, Come all! There seems to be ALOT of BULLSHIT decisions being made so we might as well start talking about it now. Moderators being the ones to decide if someone is broke or not, when some of the moderators dont even go to the track except once or twice a year?? That's FKN retarded when you have people/members at the track every weekend watching everyone run. I can't believe the DD and it's rules are changing over to a buddy system...As long as your good buddies with the right people, you get special treatment and only have to follow SOME of the rules. That's some BS!

beefcake
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Enough - this thread is for posting times and results. If you want to state that someone is broke you can do it here. ANY discussion about the issues or comments is to be in this thread:
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39959

I'll be moving all the comments over to that thread shortly as soon as I have to time.

The rules stand as written, the moderators will make any final decisions as to if a rule is broken or not. Period.

lol dave, i think this years is so far gone we'd be better off moving the timeslips lol

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
So three weeks ago is his one hit wonder for showing up at the track and makes him eligible to make some pretty important decisions?? I think an opinion coming from someone that is at the track just about every weekend is better than someone's that show up once a year.

JIMS SVT
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM
What are you getting at? Go ahead.....just say it.....;)

Ok...header tubes crushed...needs to be taken off the car to be fix...Thats broken.Needs to be reran to back up the time posted and that wasnt done.Anymore questions?

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks BlackHole, we appreciate how our opinions are taken in and help make the decision of whether something is right, or wrong on how things are ran on the board. It's nice knowing that the moderators dont just get to make all the decisions on their own. :rolleyes:

:lol:

beercan5.0
11-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I can't believe the DD and it's rules are changing over to a buddy system...As long as your good buddies with the right people, you get special treatment and only have to follow SOME of the rules. That's some BS!

Thats what its looking like here.

Rob
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Ok...header tubes crushed...needs to be taken off the car to be fix...Thats broken.Needs to be reran to back up the time posted and that wasnt done.Anymore questions?

The header tube was dented not crushed first of all.

So heres my question, didn't your car catch on fire at Columbus and need some attention that was never mentioned? Didn't you break a bleader on the passenger side brake caliper that ended your day the same day Terry had the exhaust leak? If you want to win by bitching and moaning then thats cool, you can say that you bitched your way to number 1 but that you didn't have the faster car ;)

beercan5.0
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM

Rob
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM

Are you talking to me?

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
This years DD is in the books and it is killer!!! Some nice rides with alot of hard work, time, and tuning to get there. It boils down to someone has to be there to make the call and that is final. Like them or not thats what they do. Kelly is a stand up guy and if he made the call then it has to stand. Silverbullet is the man this year and congrats to him. If people don't like the results then build a mid 8sec car and gun for him next year. I know I will be!!!!!! just my rant for the day!

Thanks and good luck to you....:bigthumb

beefcake
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM

well,

i like jim, i like terry, to me it's not a popularity contest

my question would be this, i see that the header is dented in,

does this keep the car from being able to run, i was told the car made 2 more passes after the big launch, but got loose going down the track

if the car is indeed fine to drive, then it's not broken, if it needs a new header to run, then it is broken

i have seen many cars, i even had one that had a dented header but drove fine

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Guys...... This is my first year competing for a spot on the Dozen, it took almost 6 years to build it right so I could come out and have FUN with you guys and gals, so I am new to this. Is this how it was last year? People competing for a spot and they wait for the tracks to close then start the crying? If they cant out do someone, they sit back quietly and wait for all the tracks to close and then cry about someone, to have them bumped, because they are not happy with the spot they had to settle for? :popcorn:

JIMS SVT

So heres my question, didn't your car catch on fire at Columbus and need some attention that was never mentioned? Didn't you break a bleader on the passenger side brake caliper that ended your day the same day Terry had the exhaust leak? If you want to win by bitching and moaning then thats cool, you can say that you bitched your way to number 1 but that you didn't have the faster car ;)

It was fixed and backed up the number.If it was just a exhast leak why wasnt it back at the track on a way better day?Why dont ever bring that bad ass ride of yours out??

91lxnos
Thanks and good luck to you....:bigthumb

Thanks man, but I wouldn't bet on me catching you kind of a pipe dream! LOL
Chad393 is my bitch!:lol:
But I do know a vert with a YSI that mite be gunning for you Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 12:02 PM
It was fixed and backed up the number.If it was just a exhast leak why wasnt it back at the track on a way better day?Why dont ever bring that bad ass ride of yours out??

Jim, you never told anyone before you backed it up, so should you be off permenatly?;) As for being at the track on a better day... yesterday was the only day we had.... and I work third shift the day before.... and mandatory ot, so I couldn't have made it. Sorry to disappoint you. Good luck on your car.... as I think you will need it, you had all year for seat time... next year I will have the opportunities you had, and I think this year is about as close as you will ever be to my rear bumper.:popcorn:

Black Horse
11-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I didn't see anything posted about a decision, did you? Those that posted that are DIRECTLY involved with the issue will not be part of the final decision to keep everything fair.

I can't believe so many people get their shorts in such a bunch over bragging rights and a sticker. And the way I am feeling right now towards a whole bunch of whinards I'm not ever sure there will be stickers.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM

I do believe Jimmys car was at the track this past saturday running and backing up his numbers therefore anything you say about Jimmy's car not belonging on the list is irrelevent. He's not bitching his was up to the number 1 spot, he's simply stating that if he has to follow the rules, why shouldnt everyone else? I'm sure there's alot faster cars around here that could post up some pretty impressive times if the rules dont apply to them...

Rob
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Why dont ever bring that bad ass ride of yours out??

Terry answered your question.

Anyway, about my car, like Ken I spend alot of my time making other cars fast instead of my own.

I have something for you, hope to have it out next year. 8.90's aint gonna cut it anymore :cool2:

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I think Jimmys car has ALOT left in it. His car has made more 8 second passes this year than your car has been down the track all together. You've been building a car for 6 years while he's been out here racing every weekend just getting faster and faster. His car was running low 9's last year, what was yours running?

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Terry answered your question.

Anyway, about my car, like Ken I spend alot of my time making other cars fast instead of my own.

I have something for you, hope to have it out next year. 8.90's aint gonna cut it anymore :cool2:

lol Next year this, next year that! Sounds like a famous line from CSR or something. Everyone I know plans on running 6's next year!!

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I say we load them up, meet up somewhere on the street, and just see who has the fastest street car.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm not so sure I can't leave with the crown:popcorn:

KenB
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
If they cant out do someone, they sit back quietly and wait for all the tracks to close and then cry about someone, to have them bumped, because they are not happy with the spot they had to settle for? :popcorn:

Lots of ASSumptions there. If you really need to know what happened...

I was talking to Jimmy about his car. Told him he should be number one cause last I saw you posted your car was broke. I just ASSumed when you posted it was broke, that it was broke and was taken off the list already. No one was sitting back at all. We just ASSumed that you had already been taken off the list or it wasn't updated yet.

When we checked, no one really made mention of it so Jimmy posted for a clarification. It's up to the owner to report the breakage, not everyone else.

To me when someone asked if they fixed their car yet, and the person answers, 'not yet', that's a pretty clear cut case that's it's broke. Maybe I'm wrong?

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
If I find me another car with the money you gave me for mine, I'll be down for that forsure!!

Rob
11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I do believe Jimmys car was at the track this past saturday running and backing up his numbers therefore anything you say about Jimmy's car not belonging on the list is irrelevent. He's not bitching his was up to the number 1 spot, he's simply stating that if he has to follow the rules, why shouldnt everyone else? I'm sure there's alot faster cars around here that could post up some pretty impressive times if the rules dont apply to them...

Im not saying he doesnt belong on the list, his car is killer i will be the first to say it. Im just saying why point fingers? The break rule needs to be reconsidered, as the years roll on these cars are going to get faster, with fast cars comes routine tear downs and preventitive maintenance. It sould be changed to catistrophic failure. If you pop a head gasket, who cares, it can be changed out in an hour and make the same pass. I dont know it just seems childish to nit pick the dumb shit :D

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Is my 9.94 on the list yet?? I don't see it

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Ken, a dented header tube is not broke, in my definition. Sorry for your confusion.;)

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Im not saying he doesnt belong on the list, his car is killer i will be the first to say it. Im just saying why point fingers? The break rule needs to be reconsidered, as the years roll on these cars are going to get faster, with fast cars comes routine tear downs and preventitive maintenance. It sould be changed to catistrophic failure. If you pop a head gasket, who cares, it can be changed out in an hour and make the same pass. I dont know it just seems childish to nit pick the dumb shit :D

I agree with ya there completely, BUT that's not the rules of the Dozen right now. Everyone nit picks the people on the list they dont like, but when the people they like has something happen to them, it should just be looked over as preventitive maintenance or some other bullshit excuse. If I got thrown off for changing a headgasket that wasn't blow, just seeping a little water, than yes any kind of breakage at all and you should have to back up your time or your off the list. It's pretty plain and simple really.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Ken, a dented header tube is not broke, in my definition. Sorry for your confusion.;)
I might be mistakin but you haven't raced the car again because of the header so that makes it broke

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM

Your the one that said it was crushed and you hadn't gotten it fixed yet. Why would you say it's not fixed yet, if in your eyes, it's not broke?

1992MustangDW
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
im glad Im to slow to be arguing about this.:bigthumb

My qustion is what do you get if your number 1?

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
You get to say "I'M #1"

1992MustangDW
11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
SWEET!! I want that.

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I might be mistakin but you haven't raced the car again because of the header so that makes it broke
I ran the car after that happened to the header tube.;)

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM

What did it run?

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Ken, a dented header tube is not broke, in my definition. Sorry for your confusion.;)Fix your car, Bolt your Futura's back on that baby, and come back down to Middletown and tell me how my back bumper looks:angel:

Rob
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree with ya there completely, BUT that's not the rules of the Dozen right now. Everyone nit picks the people on the list they dont like, but when the people they like has something happen to them, it should just be looked over as preventitive maintenance or some other bullshit excuse. If I got thrown off for changing a headgasket that wasn't blow, just seeping a little water, than yes any kind of breakage at all and you should have to back up your time or your off the list. It's pretty plain and simple really.

I dont think you should have been kicked off plain and simple.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Thats how the games played ask Kelly Shotwell

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
My 9.94 is still not posted up

Rob
11-24-2008, 12:41 PM
lol Next year this, next year that! Sounds like a famous line from CSR or something. Everyone I know plans on running 6's next year!!

:lol: Your right I sound like one of thoses nancies, I do have something in the works. I just hope I have the time to do it. ;)

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Dang I've got like 5-6 votes now. Where were you guys whenever I was argueing this before? Anyways, i'm not worried about it. If I get to worried about it i'll go have my own sticker made up..maybe along the line of..."Didn't make the Dozen, but i'm willing to race about half of them"

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
better buy a car LMAO

91lxnos
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the running of the Dozen would have cleared up alot of this if it were followed thru with. This is getting bigger then I think Vinny ever thought it would. just some suggestions:

1. Two dates at the end of the season to run the DD
2. Set the dates early in the season so arangements can be made to attend in late October. ie (work scheduels, children ect....)
3. If you don't make one of the two events you will not make the list.
4. Moderators at both DD shootouts to "make the call" on broke or not
5. keep the list thru the year for say top 20 cars to qualify to run for the DD at the shootout
6. all times are thrown out. times are just used to qualify your car for the DD shootout times you run at the shootout are times that place you on the final DD list.
7. Make all cars run three BACK to BACK passes to prove street worthyness
8. Must run the DD with DR tires..This is a street car shootout
9. Car must be owned and registered to driver and proof of insurance.
You have all season to get a car out to the track to qualify for the shootout then run for the top spot.
Just some suggestions
maybe we need a rules board (NOT JUST MODERATORS) to define the rules

who would ever thought a sticker could cause so much shit!!!

Black Horse
11-24-2008, 12:44 PM
My 9.94 is still not posted up

Post up the title with your name, proof of insurance and the time slips with witnesses to your run......same rules as everyone

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:44 PM
better buy a car LMAO

Talking awful tough knowing that i'm about to strap a turbo on an LS1 car and bust your ass! I had fun with the mustang, just ready for something new. Goodluck with it!

Black Horse
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't think Rob was kicked off, I think he posted up he was broke and taken off after that. If he wasn't really broke he should still be on the list, I would think.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Post up the title with your name, proof of insurance and the time slips with witnesses to your run......same rules as everyone
LOL....I guess I'm the first to have to do this but I will.......I'll have my agent fax me my insurance proof.. But I wanna see everyone elses also:popcorn:

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Kelly Shotwell got on here running his mouth trying to say my car broke and it turned into a big argument and noone agreed with me. So after noone had my back I said FCK that list and to take me off if you guys felt the need. So instead you guys put me on the broken list, when my car was never broken. That was your alls bad decision, not mine!

Edit: None of this really even matters anymore since the car no longer belongs to me. If Metcalf wants to post up his times in the car since he is the owner, let him worry about it.

91lxnos
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow the guy in the #12 spot is the one that will be bumped if your ruled not broke" He hasn't said shit

"1. Silver Bullet 8.85@155.95
2. JIMSSVT 9.22@150.4
3. Jason408 9.36@143.57
4. MFOSS 9.60@139.9
5. kennebellecobra 9.641@139.81
6. Jeff88coupe 9.92@136
7. outlaw85 10.22@131
8. Chad393na 10.46@133.94
9. 95turbocharged 10.620@124.98
10. bbfstanger 10.766@124.44
11. bkstang95 10.782@131.59
12. MFIELD 10.890@134.29

89notch
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Kelly dont know anything. Was he there to witness what happened to Terrys car? Did he crawl under it and check it out for him? I'm just going by what Terry posted on the board himself, saying the header tube was crushed.

Yes I was there and I did witness it. I did look at it after it happened. Any other questions?

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
not if Silverbullet is taken off

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes I was there and I did witness it. I did look at it after it happened. Any other questions?
I have a question...I does your head fit under his dash while he's making passes

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, since it's all your call. Did you witness his 8.80 @ 157mph pass because if not, it's invalid since your word is the only one that matters.

91lxnos
not if Silverbullet is taken off

Your not going to take your ball and go home are you???:lol:

mustangboy
have a question...I does your head fit under his dash while he's making passes

His fits alot better than Robs fits under the dash when you make passes. Sorry guys I couldn't resist. Carry on.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Your not going to take your ball and go home are you???:lol:I take my balls and swing them

black90lx
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM

so what did the car run after the smashed header? you have been asked a few times and you still haven't said.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
His fits alot better than Robs fits under the dash when you make passes. Sorry guys I couldn't resist. Carry on.

I figure if anyone knew how kellys head fits under his dash it would be you

mustangboy
11-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I figure if anyone knew how kellys fits under his dash it would be you

Care to explain, Kelly and myself barely even know one another.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
LOL....BABY @Kelly NoNuts

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Continueing from the other thread:

Dont get mad cause I built a car that actually get's raced, not just sits in the garage because i'm not allowed to race it. Maybe oneday you'll be allowed to race again, if not, i'm sure Craig might strap into yours also. Then again, he might not be interested in slowing down!! :lol:

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Post up my 9 sec pass

k062693w
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM

:bigthumb DAMN Doug Good Post!!!! :bigthumb

I take back half of the things I've said about you... :lol:

You're still my BITCH :flipoff:

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
but yes changing any of those is changing your combo

RyanR
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Jim, you never told anyone before you backed it up, so should you be off permenatly?;) As for being at the track on a better day... yesterday was the only day we had.... and I work third shift the day before.... and mandatory ot, so I couldn't have made it. Sorry to disappoint you. Good luck on your car.... as I think you will need it, you had all year for seat time... next year I will have the opportunities you had, and I think this year is about as close as you will ever be to my rear bumper.:popcorn:

I hope your 15k dollar BES motor will out run a stock bore, small turbo, under the shade tree built mod motor. It should be.

mustangboy
11-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Dont get mad cause I built a car that actually get's raced, not just sits in the garage because i'm not allowed to race it. Maybe oneday you'll be allowed to race again,

Hell Rob I'm not mad, I don't have any dog in this fight. If you still own your car you should be on the list, if you don't good luck with the next ride. You are right about my car being in the garage, I believe it will be running again very soon and who knows maybe I'll even be able to get a few passes next year but I'm sure it still won't be fast enough for the dozen.

Metcalf Racing
11-24-2008, 01:21 PM
I think the running of the Dozen would have cleared up alot of this if it were followed thru with. This is getting bigger then I think Vinny ever thought it would. just some suggestions:

1. Two dates at the end of the season to run the DD
2. Set the dates early in the season so arangements can be made to attend in late October. ie (work scheduels, children ect....)
3. If you don't make one of the two events you will not make the list.
4. Moderators at both DD shootouts to "make the call" on broke or not
5. keep the list thru the year for say top 20 cars to qualify to run for the DD at the shootout
6. all times are thrown out. times are just used to qualify your car for the DD shootout times you run at the shootout are times that place you on the final DD list.
7. Make all cars run three BACK to BACK passes to prove street worthyness
8. Must run the DD with DR tires..This is a street car shootout
9. Car must be owned and registered to driver and proof of insurance.
You have all season to get a car out to the track to qualify for the shootout then run for the top spot.
Just some suggestions
maybe we need a rules board (NOT JUST MODERATORS) to define the rules

who would ever thought a sticker could cause so much shit!!!Why not make them be driven in????

beefcake
11-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Why not make them be driven in????

think we tried that and then some complained about "in case" of's with breakage and stuff

k062693w
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Just my $.02 .......But instead of more rules, Wouldn't it just be easier to make everyone post a slip along with names of people on the board that witnessed, a video of you racing the car ( not necessarily your fastest pass), And proof of ownership..
And not make rules as far as a street car... Because in my opinion 99.9% of the cars (when they do run at the track) are not STREET CARS !!!!! If you own a tube chassis 6 sec Mustang/Capri then you should be eligible.. Or if you have a 10 sec car and decide to put a 1000 shot fogger on it and go 7's and explode the motor, Then your time should still count. Or maybe have an Ohio ODOT inspector at the track to do inspections and determine who's car is actually STREET LEGAL..

Again Just my $.02
I will probably never make the list, But i don't think that should limit the people that instead of investing $1000-????? to go fast in a street car is any different then the guy who does the same to build an all out race car...

Silver Bullet
11-24-2008, 02:22 PM
so what did the car run after the smashed header? you have been asked a few times and you still haven't said.

Does it matter? It ran and I let out of it at the 1/8.:coo1:

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Alright well I just recieved a PM saying we (Metcalf Racing and I) have to drop all the talk about the DD. The DD discussion thread must only be for discussing who everyone wants on the list next year and to discuss what rules will work around those select few. Everyone else that has fast cars that want on the list, just give up, they dont like you so it's not going to do ya any good. I'm just here to cause trouble, and I shouldn't be so quick to bring it to everyones attention if I or anyone else thinks someone is cheating. We should just go with the flow and let it be or else they'll just do away with the DD. Sorry for trying to keep the DD honest and making sure things that needed adressed, were being addressed.

PS. Just so everyone knows, the PM I recieved was NOT from Holly or another admin, just one of the moderators that doesn't agree with my outlook on things therefore were advised by this person to just drop it all, which is complete and utter BULLSHIT!

Maximus
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Howe come its ALWAYS Rob and Craig doing the most Bitching?:rolleyes:

Aww Cmon Rob, tell us who it is.

Holly
11-24-2008, 03:07 PM

EVERY PHUQING YEAR! It's ridiculous. :mad:

cstreu1026
11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Does it matter? It ran and I let out of it at the 1/8.:coo1:

And I have it on video.

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Aww Cmon Rob, tell us who it is.

Probably because were the only ones that seem to have the balls to stand up for what is right and were not worried whether or not everyone sees eye to eye with us about things. If I disagree with something or the way things are being ran, I'll put my opinion out there whether I know everyone has my back on it or not. I remember a while back when a well respected member put his opinion out in the open and ended up getting banned just because others didn't agree, I just dont recall his name, maybe Maximus can help me out...

Maximus
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Probably because were the only ones that seem to have the balls to stand up for what is right and were not worried whether or not everyone sees eye to eye with us about things. If I disagree with something or the way things are being ran, I'll put my opinion out there whether I know everyone has my back on it or not. I remember a while back when a well respected member put his opinion out in the open and ended up getting banned just because others didn't agree, I just dont recall his name, maybe Maximus can help me out...

LOL!!:D
Im just giving you a hard time. What would the end of the year be without you and Craig running your fingers on SBZ!!?

Ive got a few ideas for the DD that I want to run by Holly(or Beefcake since he has decided to babysit the DD) It just might stop some of the Bitching....But probably not:lol:
It will force some to "step up" when the time comes thou.:)

YouGotJunk
11-24-2008, 03:16 PM
EVERY PHUQING YEAR! It's ridiculous. :mad:

See this is what I dont understand. You get all mad when all I pretty much did was ask whether or not Silver Bullets car was broke and questioned whether he should be on the DD or not and everyone freaks out and all of a sudden, I'm the bad guy. Yet when Kelly Shotwell questioned my car being broke and should be off the DD, it was fine and I was removed and so on? How is it ok for one person to do what is right and question one thing, but then when someone else does it, he ends up being the bad guy? Is it because i've caused trouble in the past? Is it because someone likes one person better than the next? I just dont get it. I've been pretty good for a long time and haven't caused much trouble at all, but as soon as I ask something as simple as the above, BAM..i'm a bad guy again. WTF??

Maximus
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
See this is what I dont understand. You get all mad when all I pretty much did was ask whether or not Silver Bullets car was broke and questioned whether he should be on the DD or not and everyone freaks out and all of a sudden, I'm the bad guy. Yet when Kelly Shotwell questioned my car being broke and should be off the DD, it was fine and I was removed and so on? How is it ok for one person to do what is right and question one thing, but then when someone else does it, he ends up being the bad guy? Is it because i've caused trouble in the past? Is it because someone likes one person better than the next? I just dont get it. I've been pretty good for a long time and haven't cause much trouble at all in quite a while, but as soon as I ask something as simple as the above, BAM..i'm a bad guy again. WTF??

Easy Target??:confused::lol::lol:

VuNiT3
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe we should do an award for who does the most bitching, and we can hand out tampons instead of stickers.:lol:

Maximus
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe we should do an award for who does the most bitching, and we can hand out tampons instead of stickers.:lol:

BWHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
Now that is the Funniest thing I have read in here!!!!:lol::lol::lol::bigthumb