Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Eastsiders in West Clermont School District..... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eastsiders in West Clermont School District.....

ffmueller81
02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
From an email I got from my brother about the newly proposed income tax on the ballot.....

http://news.communitypress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080209/EDIT/802090302/1059/RSS1002

Letters to the Editor today are 4-1 against the new income tax. From reading these letters, this tax is even worse than I thought. The new proposed income tax replaces the 7.9mils emergency property tax for operating expenses (which expires anyway this year). If this new income tax passes, all those businesses at Eastgate Mall that had to pay the 7.9mils property tax won't have to chip in that money to help operate the schools. From the current language of the amendment, those businesses are exempt from this proposed income tax. So all that money that was coming in from the hundreds and hundreds of businesses will now have to be paid fully only by the wage earners within the school district.

I really hope people know about this and get out and vote this thing down. Obviously, we will have to pay more and you and I don't want that, but more than anything this is just a really, really poorly written tax amendment. Why in the world would you have school taxes paid in large part by all the big businesses in the area (especially the mall), and then get rid of those taxes to make the working citizens support all of the cost? Plus, the damn thing is continuous.

quik lx
02-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I feel the pain of Goshen school tax every year!:mad:

cstreu1026
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm glad Xenia's school suck. :D We have one of the lowest tax rates in the county and since we don't have kids yet it doesn't really matter.

quik lx
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
We have to pay even though no kids in school!