Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Attention Starbucks Addictees..... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attention Starbucks Addictees.....

Black Horse
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Just letting you all know to pick-up your fix before 5:30 pm Tuesday Feb. 26th. ALL stores will be closed for several hours so that the staff can be re-trained in the proper ways of making your poison. Apparently Starbucks quality is slipping and folks are complaining.

Its a good thing to give a swift kick to some of the idiots making that overpriced Joe at those snob shops.

R825OH
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
It better be good @ 4 bux a cup. Unfortunately I'm an addict, but its good to make friends with the cute little barista:lol:

PonymanfiveO
02-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Id rather have White Castle coffee. ;)

dedpedal
02-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Id rather have White Castle coffee. ;)

Speedway for me, that shockwave is the shiznit man.

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Where did you hear this? I travel all over the state to repair the machine they use for expresso and they have said mothing to us.

Oh and it may help you understand the 3.50 a cup better if you know that the machine they use is 18,000 each and they most all have 2 at each store plus all the other coffee brewers and grinders and such

Black Horse
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Where did you hear this? I travel all over the state to repair the machine they use for expresso and they have said mothing to us.

Oh and it may help you understand the 3.50 a cup better if you know that the machine they use is 18,000 each and they most all have 2 at each store plus all the other coffee brewers and grinders and such

Story was on Associated Press.....

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Hmm gotta ask about that tomorrow then

PaulFiveOh
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Speedway for me, that shockwave is the shiznit man.

How is that stuff?

Black Horse
02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Saw this story too:

Filed under: Starbucks (SBUX), Employees

I know I'm not the only one who's complained that Starbucks baristas don't know how to make a decent latte any more. Far from its roots as the reliable place to get coffee made exactly right, the chain has lately become famous for its automatic machines and the hit-or-miss quality of its products.

Howard Schultz is here to change all that: by shutting down Every Last Store nationwide for three hours on Tuesday, February 26. Starting at 5:30 p.m., baristas in the coffee giant's 7,100 stores will learn how to do things better. They'll learn how to make a perfect shot, how to steam milk, and (if we have anything to say about it) how not to burn coffee, and how to wipe the milk steamer before switching from dairy to soy milk. (Vegans everywhere will say thank you.)

While it's doubtful that three hours of training will reverse years of gathering mediocrity, it's certainly a symbol of a company that cares about quality. If Howard is serious about this change stuff (and it's obvious that he is), he'll consider switching back to manual latte machines, at least in some stores located in serious coffee markets (like certain neighborhoods in Seattle, Portland and San Francisco). Speed and convenience is no price to pay for really good coffee. Some customers will agree; others will probably mutter swearwords under their breath as they pull up to their local Starbucks only to find it Closed For Training in a couple of weeks.

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Hmm I could say alot about that but I will leave it be. BUT we just held a training class here in col for much the same stuff last month.

99Slobra
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Meh. I only get Ice tea from them.

MrsAPE
02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
How is that stuff?

he said.....

that shockwave is the shiznit man.