Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
John Force is Back !!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John Force is Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hchays
01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Check out NHRA.com. Force is back and with a force. He took number at testing in Phoenix on Monday. Not bad for an old man that is still tore up.....

gtbadboy
01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
That is great - he is the man!

04 Venom
01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Long live the King!

FMGT1999
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I'll 2nd that, Long live the King! :bigthumb

Kyle

beefcake
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
thats awesome, i went to nhra and didn't see anything

BigBadStang
02-04-2008, 09:19 AM
the competition in TF/Funny Car better watch out this year.
for Force to lay down a number, and be the fastest in that session with a BRAND NEW Murf McKinney untested chassis is unbelievable!!

There is more information on Force's website
http://www.johnforceracing.com

Mista Bone
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
from NHRA website......

2/1/2008
Team Force wraps up testing: John Force wrapped up a sensational preseason test by pushing his Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang through the quarter mile timers in 4.76 seconds at 327.66 mph Thursday at Firebird Raceway. It was the quickest Funny Car run of the preseason and sent the 58-year-old icon off with considerably more confidence than he had when he arrived in town.

"I said to (crew chief Austin) Coil, ‘will it run a ‘60?’ and he said, ‘without a doubt.’" said Force, who hadn't driven since his accident in Dallas in late September. "But I wanna be honest. I’m a little rusty because I’ve never been out of the seat this long. But this is the best therapy I've had."

Force’s other Fords, those driven by his daughter Ashley, son-in-law Robert Hight, and rookie Mike Neff, put up more modest numbers but, overall, Force was ecstatic with the results.

"I’ve been sick for months thinking that this (new car) wasn’t going to work," Force said. "Now we’ve shown it’ll run 4.70s, even with the extra weight. It’s a credit to Coil and Bernie (Fedderly), John Medlen, Ford, the NHRA, and Murf McKinney. It was a joint effort. It’s a John Medlen design, built by Murf McKinney with a lot of help from Ford -- a team effort."

Neither of the other three JFR drivers made a full-power run during testing. Ashley Force, whose car wasn’t delivered until Saturday, recorded a best of 5.34, shutting off at half track. Neff’s best was 5.02. Hight never drove the Auto Club Ford beyond half track but had the best 60-foot launch of the weekend.

wild87stang
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Well when you have the best of the best of the best thats what you get!Its also funny he has a car for just exsperimental and it runs just as good also!

Blacksunshine
02-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Thats awesome..Force Rules !