Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who uses a credit union instead of a bank? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who uses a credit union instead of a bank?

92StangMan
01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I've heard that credit unions are better than banks and going to start looking into possibly changing over.

Any thoughts or advice?

ibstrokin
01-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Ive had the same C.U. for 15yrs, they typically have better interest rates than banks, less fees for banking.

07thorobrd
01-26-2008, 12:52 AM
ive been using the same c.u. for about 3 years now, i love it, free checking low interest rates on loans good interest rates on savings accounts, i like it much better than the bank i was with

92StangMan
01-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Which one do you use and are there any close to Burlington/Florence, KY? What kind of interest rates are you getting with savings account?

Black92LX
01-26-2008, 02:14 AM
I use both.
I use the credit union for all my loans because their rates beat the banks by a long shot and plus they come straight out of my payroll.

I use national banks for the vast majority of my daily transactions for liquidity of my cash. It's easier to access especially when i am out of town

PonymanfiveO
01-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Im so filthy loaded...I use a credit union (St. Luke Hospital) and a bank (National City).

lol.

ponymom05
01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Im so filthy loaded...I use a credit union (St. Luke Hospital) and a bank (National City).

lol.

Me too!! So much money I have to spread it around.

Emery Federal CU, been a member for 18 years. Only problem with them is their locations. Nothing convenient to N KY. PNC ATMs are free transactions, but no human interaction unless I want to go to the big city.

KB1
01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Credit Unions are great, they are more personable ( like you actual are a person not a acct number, & like the others have stated better rates & sometimes special consideration on loans.
KB

jdubya
01-26-2008, 08:24 AM
I use Wright-Patt CU. They are much better on auto loans too than other banks as far as what they will loan on.

may93
01-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I joined the Navy Credit Union while in the Marines and no regular Bank can touch their rates. I use a local bank for my checking account as its more convenient. Get yourself pre-approved before you buy a new car and it takes away one of the tools the car lots use to play the numbers game. Its better than them picking your bank based off their kick backs and not your best interest rate. Nothing like the look on their face when you tell them you have your own financing.

93Snakebite
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Which one do you use and are there any close to Burlington/Florence, KY? What kind of interest rates are you getting with savings account?

Check out http://www.decu.org

It is formerly the Delta Employees CU, but they figured out we don't bring down enough scratch anymore(frontline peons) so they opened the membership to anyone I believe.* They changed the name to Delta Community Credit Union and they are located in front of Target/Petsmart in Florence in the Sibcy Cline building I think. The one farthest from the Houston/Turfway intersection. They do have better loan rates than most banks offer. It is a good deal really. I have a seperate checking account, but have a savings with DCCU, which allows me their 9% Visa card, car loans, home loans etc...

*Check out the link and look for member eligibility. Apparently anyone living in the Atlanta area qualifies, but not in the Cincy area. Employees of some companies do qualify though, maybe you work for one.

08 Vette
01-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I use both.
I use the credit union for all my loans because their rates beat the banks by a long shot and plus they come straight out of my payroll.

I use national banks for the vast majority of my daily transactions for liquidity of my cash. It's easier to access especially when i am out of town

Same thing I do for the same reasons.

Timido
01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
If you can get GE credit union has the best rates around on loans. I get almost all my loans through Emery Federal. They are very easy to deal with.

nkystanger
01-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Same thing I do for the same reasons.

I do the same. Aurgroup Credit Union for savings/ loans and 5/3 for checking

Jaylynn
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Agree with every one else - if you can get into one, Credit Unions are really much more personal, friendly - they normally have better savings rates & loan rates - limited locations are the biggest downside. They are starting to group -together a bit which helps some.

TARDY
01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
If you work or live in Hamilton co. try cintel federal credit union they are great
been with them 13 yrs.

Jeff88coupe
01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I do the same. Aurgroup Credit Union for savings/ loans and 5/3 for checking

My mom works for Aurgroup at their Fairfield office. I have been with L&N Federal Credit Union in Erlanger for about the last 12 years myself.

nkystanger
01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
My mom works for Aurgroup at their Fairfield office. I have been with L&N Federal Credit Union in Erlanger for about the last 12 years myself.

I'v only been to the downtown branch. Never had anything bad to say about them, everyone in there is nice.