Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
POR-15 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : POR-15

Blowpastyou
01-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Were do you guys get por-15, I would like some for my car and a buddy wants some for his truck. Thanks

kennebellcobra
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I buy chassis saver which is very similar and get it at KOI they stock it. Don't forget to were gloves when you use it!

Black Horse
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I Don't forget to were gloves when you use it!

No joke - do not get this stuff on you...it will only come off when your skin does.

5.0calypso93lx
01-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I got mine at Classix, down at the corner of crescentville and cincinnati dayton road.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't know if it's true but you're supposed to be able to brush on Por-15 and it "self levels" to a smooth finish just like it was sprayed on. Most people i've talked to who use it do their engine bays and they look fantastic. There was a guy on another forum who used JB Weld to fill in the holes in his engine bay and then Por-15'ed it and you wouldn't believe how good it looked.

kennebellcobra
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know if it's true but you're supposed to be able to brush on Por-15 and it "self levels" to a smooth finish just like it was sprayed on. Most people i've talked to who use it do their engine bays and they look fantastic. There was a guy on another forum who used JB Weld to fill in the holes in his engine bay and then Por-15'ed it and you wouldn't believe how good it looked.

I believe it. I brushed this on and was amazed

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/kennebellcobra/Picture013.jpg

PonymanfiveO
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
M&M Import Salvage (a division of Moyers) carries POR15. they are in Alexandria on US27.

I like the Chassis Saver as well. I have it on my car. ;)

Kevin Doe
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I got mine at Classix, down at the corner of crescentville and cincinnati dayton road.

I second Classix. Thats where I got mine.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
What all have you used it on Kevin? How smooth did you get it to brush on? I'm getting mixed reviews. The one guy i mentioned did his engine bay and it looked amazing but i'm skeptical. If it'll brush on and lay smooth i would do my engine bay in it for sure. What about price?

Kevin Doe
01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I've used:

Marine Clean
Metal Ready
Por-15 Rust Preventative Paint
Por-15 Black Coat

I've painted one roll bar, in my RX-7. Prior to that I've painted the pinto roll cage, rear end assembly, and many more small parts. Its always turned out great.

Their paint is self leveling, so it looks super smooth brushed on. I use foam brushes. Most guys think its got a clearcoat on it, it looks that glassy. I'm happy with it, and I'm a tough guy to please with most things.

Call the guy at Classix, he really knows it well, uses it all the time. Ask him for pricing.

5.0calypso93lx
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM
What all have you used it on Kevin? How smooth did you get it to brush on? I'm getting mixed reviews. The one guy i mentioned did his engine bay and it looked amazing but i'm skeptical. If it'll brush on and lay smooth i would do my engine bay in it for sure. What about price?

I don't think I would do my engine bay with it. Its smooth enough for suspension pieces/rollbars/rear ends, but I wouldn't use it on my engine bay, IMO. I used cryl single stage on my engine bay.

Before:

http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/2415522522.jpg

After:

http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/2415522591.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/2415522512.jpg

shep
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I used chassis saver....does an awesome job. i thinned it down with aceytone i believe (says on the side of can) and i sprayed one of teh bike frams with it...looks like a single stage enamel!

DeckerEnt
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I use chasis saver. Am in the middle of applying it to the subframe and floorboards on my coupe. Check my coupe pics link. I took a few good shots of underneath. I used the satin so it dried dull. It covers well. 2nd on Nitrile gloves. The stuff will not come off. I still have some on my fingernail.
Keith