Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Heath Ledger found dead in his apartment, apparent overdose [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger found dead in his apartment, apparent overdose

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Geez...when will people learn to stay off the drugs? :nono:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_dead_916418.htm

fst 5pto
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
After a role in brokedick mountain what do ya expect...?

5.0calypso93lx
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
WOW, talk about unexpected!

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM

Yeah but he just played The Joker in the new Batman movie....that's gotta make up for something right? ;)

fst 5pto
01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Nothing makes up for homo Cowboys....

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe you haven't seen the trailer for Dark Knight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkT1wdRePco

ibstrokin
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
That sucks to hear, he had some good movies.

Black92LX
01-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah but he just played The Joker in the new Batman movie....that's gotta make up for something right? ;)

some reports are saying that he was having trouble breaking out of the darkness of the Joker's character.
No I am not kidding.

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I've heard that too. He liked to play challenging roles and apparently really got into them. He played a part in the "I'm Not There" about Bob Dylan and he's said in an interview that it stressed him out so much he couldn't sleep and that it worsened once he started portraying the Joker.

It is really sad, I was totally shocked to hear about it. I'm 28 and I can't imagine being gone at this age...makes me feel young and vulnerable. Rumors are flying now that he had a secret heroin addiction and that's why he and Michelle Williams broke up last year.

Greg Seibert
01-23-2008, 07:45 PM

And Heeeeee....was a friend of Mine........:lol:
I actually thought he did a great job as an actor.
Seen a lot worse.

DeckerEnt
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
At 28, he had a great acting career ahead of him. What do these people think about that it is a good idea to mix a bunch of pills and swallow them all at the same time. Kind of sad.
Keith

Blacksunshine
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
He was great in the Lords of Dogtown..Skate Board movie. Good stuff. That sucks he died.

Black92LX
01-24-2008, 02:39 AM
It's really starting to piss me off with all the media attention that it is getting especially with more and more clues pointing towards a drug overdose.

The media is interviewing all these people and how such a huge freaking tragedy it is.
If it is not drug related and nothing of his doing it is a very sad thing, but if he did Overdose I good give two shits and honestly say good riddance.

We have soldier that die on a daily basis to defend our freedoms and let this selfless piece of shit live in the safety to be able to worry about no one other than himself.
But the only time the media covers those deaths is to make the war look bad.

We have become far to infatuated with celebrities in this country we need to start focusing our sights on who really make this country what it is.

DeckerEnt
01-24-2008, 07:32 AM
I 2nd that. We need to get our priorities right in this country.
Keith

pegasus
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
theres a lesson here if you get a dick up your ass you will die

nkystanger
01-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I thought he was a good actor. It sounds like this was a man who struggled with drug addictions.(If it was an illegal drug overdose) Yet....interestingly, not a huge troublemaker, nor an attention hog. Simply a man who struggled,and failed in his fight.

Myself knowing a few people with addictions i wish it were just easy enough to make them quit or stop the bad things they are doing but its not that easy.

Blacksunshine
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM

lol...thats a good one

holeshot
01-24-2008, 09:44 AM

Hahaha! What about the ladies?

Black92LX
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Myself knowing a few people with addictions i wish it were just easy enough to make them quit or stop the bad things they are doing but its not that easy.

I have no remorse for those with drug, alcohol, smoking, or gambling addictions. They got there by their own accord.
The only one would be babies that are born addicted because of their mothers. They have no choice in that. All the above have a choice.

347sc
01-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Things like depression and stress can change people. Doctors love to throw the newest and greatest meds at people. Funny how you want to condem him because he was famous or may have had a drug problem. Did he have a choice? Yes but does it make him a monster of sub human? No just human like the rest of us.
Im on a few medications that help me with several problems. I dont abuse them but I can see how easy it could be to do so. Sit on your high horse all you want but one day you could end up on the other side just as easy as anyone else. Doens't matter if you are a Cop, nurse, homeless or priest.

As far as the celebrity attention, yes it is getting out of hand. I could care less if Britney Spears gets pulled over or takes a dump or what ever. I choose not to watch,read or listen to it.

I feel for his kid because she will never know her dad.

Black92LX
01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
No one forces anyone to become a drug addict other than themselves.
I deal with addicts every single day and they always want to blame everyone but themselves.
I have yet to find one example where it was someone else's fault aside from the listed above where a pregnant mother used drugs.
And yes those addicted to drugs whether they are illegal or prescription (which become illegal once used out of the prescribed fashion) are low in life they are nothing but a financial drain on society and an emotional drain on the ones who love them.
I have no remorse for them what soever. I do however have remorse for those that they so selfishly hurt in their attempts to do what ever they feel they need to do to get more drugs.
I have seen people steal and beat their own family members just to get another hit.

347sc
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Not every addiction is like that. Doctors prescribe way to many meds instead of fixing problems. I know alot of people with injuries that never touch a drug in their life and get prescribed meds. Eventually they get used to the dose and it gets upped and takes more and more. Now they are crippled relying on a pill to take the pain away. I guess that makes them a piece of shit in your eyes. On the flip side I know others that are abusers. They are the ones you refer I know but to blanket all with your statement is not right.

92BlackStang
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
No one forces anyone to become a drug addict other than themselves.
I deal with addicts every single day and they always want to blame everyone but themselves.
I have yet to find one example where it was someone else's fault aside from the listed above where a pregnant mother used drugs.
And yes those addicted to drugs whether they are illegal or prescription (which become illegal once used out of the prescribed fashion) are low in life they are nothing but a financial drain on society and an emotional drain on the ones who love them.
I have no remorse for them what soever. I do however have remorse for those that they so selfishly hurt in their attempts to do what ever they feel they need to do to get more drugs.
I have seen people steal and beat their own family members just to get another hit.

My cousin and my aunt ( cousins mom ) Are herion addicts, Its a sad thing to see. They stole my uncles perscription to perkocets and a 100 bucks not long ago so i know what you mean.. Sad to say but thats how addicts are.

nkystanger
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Not every addiction is like that. Doctors prescribe way to many meds instead of fixing problems. I know alot of people with injuries that never touch a drug in their life and get prescribed meds. Eventually they get used to the dose and it gets upped and takes more and more. Now they are crippled relying on a pill to take the pain away. .

I know a few people like that. Never touched a drug until they got started on prescriptions.

Read somewhere where more people die from overdosing on prescribed drubs than herion and crack combined.

Black92LX
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Not every addiction is like that. Doctors prescribe way to many meds instead of fixing problems. I know alot of people with injuries that never touch a drug in their life and get prescribed meds. Eventually they get used to the dose and it gets upped and takes more and more. Now they are crippled relying on a pill to take the pain away. I guess that makes them a piece of shit in your eyes. On the flip side I know others that are abusers. They are the ones you refer I know but to blanket all with your statement is not right.

Once again we pass the buck.
When prescription medications are used within the parameters they are prescribed one will not become addicted.
The rub comes in people will take more than they are prescribed there for creating the addiction.
Doctors are not miracle workers just because they give a treatment but does that mean it will take it away 100% absolute not nor do they claim it will. There are instances that no matter how much medication you are on you are still going to have pain. If you decide to exceed the recommended perimeters no matter the reason. It is no ones fault but your own.
Once again they chose to go outside the prescribed perimeters. No one forced the pill down their throat. Everyone knows the effects that all narcotics can have. That's why they give you the little booklet with fine print.
It's your responsibility to read it yourself. Just because a doctor prescribes it does not mean one has to take it.

347sc
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
You fail to read what I wrote? The doc up the meds they take what is prescibed.
Sorry We are not going to see eye to eye on this. Abusers deserve what they get but not everybody should be blanketed under your logic? Sorry

I try not to be hollier then thou. You on the other have passed judgement. That carry over into your job?

Black92LX
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
You fail to read what I wrote? The doc up the meds they take what is prescibed.
Sorry We are not going to see eye to eye on this. Abusers deserve what they get but not everybody should be blanketed under your logic? Sorry

I try not to be hollier then thou. You on the other have passed judgement. That carry over into your job?

If a doctor is prescribing an amount of medication that is out of the set limits for prescribed use, and that causes one to become addicted that is a malpractice suit. And it's time to get yourself a new doctor. This would be very few and far between, sure docs up the meds but it would not be in their interest to prescribe them out of the known perimeters that would constitute narcotics addiction.
There are permeiters that docotrs are to follow when prescribing and administer drugs, especially those of the narcotic nature. They take into many accounts, age, sex, weight, addictive nature. The FDA sets these perimeters up. If a doctor goes over it is then malpractice. If someone chooses to steop out side the prescribed perimeters it is their fault.
But once again as stated the doctor is not forcing the pills down their throat. Just because a doctor tells you to do something does not mean you have to do it.
Yeah it sucks to be in pain but medication is not an end all.
Been there done that. Had a kidney stone and I honestly thought I was going to die because the pain was so horrific. Guess how many narcotics I was offered for the pain and guess how many I took?

People rely on other far too much. Just because a doctor tells them they need it they take it.

And it's not a holier than thou approach it's an understanding that I am not anyones responsibility than my own.
And it pisses me off when people want to blame everyone else for their own mistakes and when they get in the shit neck deep they expect someone else to drag them out.

07thorobrd
01-26-2008, 01:10 AM
yea i heard the same stuff about him being really depressed from playing the role of the joker and having a secret harroin addiction, whatever the problem was its bad he had some good movies well just some one w too much money and nothing constructive to do w it

5.0calypso93lx
01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
It's really starting to piss me off with all the media attention that it is getting especially with more and more clues pointing towards a drug overdose.

The media is interviewing all these people and how such a huge freaking tragedy it is.
If it is not drug related and nothing of his doing it is a very sad thing, but if he did Overdose I good give two shits and honestly say good riddance.

We have soldier that die on a daily basis to defend our freedoms and let this selfless piece of shit live in the safety to be able to worry about no one other than himself.
But the only time the media covers those deaths is to make the war look bad.

We have become far to infatuated with celebrities in this country we need to start focusing our sights on who really make this country what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3Sp...feature=bzb302

cobra_SVT_Girl
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
I guess since I've invested the time to read this thread I'll pitch in my .02.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether we agree or disagree.

For me, I cannot fathom that people CHOOSE and or WANT to live the way addicts live. Whether it be famous people or the gen pop, I cannot honestly believe in my heart that people WANT to die, WANT to be broke, WANT to hurt their families, or WANT to be addicted to these substances.

I do however believe that in a majority of cases, poor choices led most addicts to the point of substance abuse or dependency.

I think it's easy to say it's all their fault, it's easy to be angry with them, and it's easy to pass off the responsibility of their recovery on the addict.

However, I feel it's our obligation, or our responsibility as free, democratic Americans to learn what we can about afflictions that affect our fellow citizens and invest in ideas, strategies and utilize our inherent power of democracy to help bring them out of poverty, addiction, diseases, or strife.

"To judge is to be dishonest, for to judge is to assume a position you do not have."

:thanks:

Black92LX
01-28-2008, 02:21 AM
I guess since I've invested the time to read this thread I'll pitch in my .02.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether we agree or disagree.

For me, I cannot fathom that people CHOOSE and or WANT to live the way addicts live. Whether it be famous people or the gen pop, I cannot honestly believe in my heart that people WANT to die, WANT to be broke, WANT to hurt their families, or WANT to be addicted to these substances.

I do however believe that in a majority of cases, poor choices led most addicts to the point of substance abuse or dependency.

I think it's easy to say it's all their fault, it's easy to be angry with them, and it's easy to pass off the responsibility of their recovery on the addict.

However, I feel it's our obligation, or our responsibility as free, democratic Americans to learn what we can about afflictions that affect our fellow citizens and invest in ideas, strategies and utilize our inherent power of democracy to help bring them out of poverty, addiction, diseases, or strife.

"To judge is to be dishonest, for to judge is to assume a position you do not have."

:thanks:

i never said anyone wanted to be an addict.
I said it was their choice to start down the road.
You fiddle with drugs you know where it can lead, it doesn't have to lead to an addiction but don't be surprised if that's where you end up.

As for the democratic ideas. Democracy has nothing to do with it, democracy only means you get to vote for those in power. It has nothing to do with us learning about peoples problems. I know and fully understand the drug addicts mind they don't care about anything or anyone as long as they get their next it.

I understand your point and am 100% for freedoms but sadly drug addictions cost everyone.
If it just cost the user or the addict I would say legalize it all. But sadly that is not the case. Our tax dollars work very hard in attempt to "fix" the addicts. But for the vast majority of addicts the only solution comes in the next hit or death.
I deal with addicts on a daily basis and am tired of them blaming everyone else and being a drain on society.
If we didn't have to fund all these social programs, their rehab, and time in jail, we could put those funds to use and help solve problems that people do not have control over.

It's simple if you don't ever smoke crack you will never get addicted it's as simple as that.

cobra_SVT_Girl
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I have my own thoughts, ideas, and opinions and that's what I stand by. I feel like I've done enough research and have had enough formal/professional experience with substance abusers to formulate my own personal opinions on the matter, and that's all I need.

There's no need to argue your point with me, I don't need convincing one way or the other. You are free to create your own values or judgements based upon your own personal experiences.

When I have the opportunity to share whatever insight or experiences I have on a topic I'm interested in, I like to do so.

:bigthumb