Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
This month life suxs big balls [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This month life suxs big balls

myownr
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
The 11th i was laid off from job, 17th gm's extended warranty does not cover emmissions and fuks me, now today my only decent tv,an old sony 32" takes a crap just decides to shut off and will not power back up. what the hell next. i'm almost afraid to wake up or answer the phone. The next thing is insurance for my family which will end on the 31st. we were barely making it before, now unemployment will only give us about 50% of income. anyone want to buy a 03' silverado, help with tv repair,or know of some side jobs for extra cash, or a damn good full time job in this suk @$$ economy

Mista Bone
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Wait, what was the emissions issue at what mileage?

GM themselves my not cover it, but by Federal law they WILL cover it.

Jobs are out there, if you willing to do them. Figure out how it effects your unemployment first.......or work under the table.

But take this with a grain of salt.

32" TV? Bigger than anything I ever had.
'03 vehicle, wow, I just hope my 1995 POS Hunda makes it.

Not trying to kick a good man in the nuts when he's headed down.......but also do NOT be afraid to ask the government agencys for help. Esp. with the health care issues.

Not just you but ALOT of people are in for a rude awakening. Me having started going thru this three years ago with lost job, then the house, KEEP digging.

You may have to swallow some pride, but I'm old enough to have seen some of the effects of the 1970's.

gottaluvastang2
01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Myownr,

My heart goes out to you!:angel: We had a really rough '07 with layoffs and outsourcing too! It's so frustrating because if you totally gave up, you could have insurance, a free place to live, and food for your family compliments of our fellow tax payers; however that's not an option for most of us. I scratch my head often as I see every day in my line of work how people just fall through the cracks because they try so hard to make it but are given little or no breaks in doing so. Yet some people give up and have their basic needs met and don't plan to ever get out of that cycle.:rolleyes:

This economy does suck and I hope for all of us that things turn around.I often wonder if our politicians go to the grocery store or get gas themselves:flipoff:Pisses me off........outsourcing, layoffs, crappy economy.:mad:

During the last year, one tip that I learned was that it was much cheaper to take out an individual health insurance policy through the same insurance agency that I had insurance through at work. I would have paid $300 for my son alone through my benefits but got it for $109 through the SAME COMPANY but not through my work benefit plan. It made no sense to me at all. I was still paying over $500 for insurance alone but that did save me from paying $700.:bigthumb

I don't know you or your family but I can honestly say that prayers will be sent your way from KS.:DWish I could help you out more!!!!!! If you ever need an ear, Kyle (FMGT1999) and I are pretty good listeners. Hang in there!

Lisa

Dirtyd0g
01-22-2008, 07:46 AM
It's going to be a rough year. Election year like this is never good. The local governments are picking on anyone they can and the federal governement darn sure isn't going to give us any breaks until we get a new president. The only way it is a good thing is when the current president is trying to get reelected. Personally I'm just worried about surviving the winter without running out of propane and my family freezing. Just paid off last fill and owe them another $853 while I'm sitting on 1/4 tank.
Alan

Silver Bullet
01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Rob, sorry to hear all this.... anything I can do, just ask........

R825OH
01-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey I gotta TV @ work we were gonna throw out Do you want it?

Black Hole
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
If you still need a TV in like 2 weeks, I'll have like eight 27" TV's for sale at work. Normal prices are like $20 or so.

Check here if interested ( www.uc.edu/af/asset/surplus )....they're not listed yet. The sale will be Feb 7th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

myownr
01-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the support. Right now were like real rednecks with a working 19" sitting on top the entertainment cabinet which has our non working 32" at least i can say we still have a tv. i think we are in some screwed up witch doctor spell or something. now get this, yesterday my good beer drinking neighbor who has kids which play with my children is taking his parents in, unfortunately his house is too small so now they decided to move:( tonight i came home and my wife informed me the washing machine was making a noise, smelt like something was burning:eek:here we go again:mad:

Mista Bone
01-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Times are tough, been back at home for two years now. Didn't plan on staying THAT long, but mom enjoys me taking care of the house like dad did. 12 weeks of child support left, after that it'll seem like my paycheck will DOUBLE!

I was one of the first to "sink" with the current economy, I plan on being one of the first to swim back to the top. Keep digging, don't give up.

boosted 98
01-25-2008, 08:17 AM
at least you still have the internet.

myownr
01-25-2008, 12:06 PM
need to get some of those "will race for food" stickers for my car and wailt til it gets warmer unfortunately:rolleyes:

Mista Bone
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
at least you still have the internet.

You can surf for free at the Lane libary in Fairfield. 45 minute limit but if they aren't busy you won't time out.

When I was selling my reloading stuff on ebay, I was doing it from the libary. If I got lucky I was able to fill the gas tank (for under $20!) and eat at Cici's or Bonaza, both buffets. Eat enough for 2-3 days.

If my sale did really good, I might be able to afford a little beer.

$1.39 for a 40.