Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
OMG WTF!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OMG WTF!!!

carriep
01-16-2008, 04:54 AM
I have my house for sell and I had a showing Saturday. As some of you know I took the ccw course a few months ago. Well I had my sig 380 on my head board loaded with hollow points under a raggy bunny and its gone. I paid $750 for it and its FUCKING gone. I just cant believe that. I cant wait to get a hold of my agent. The bad thing is he wasnt with them, and im sure the person who showed it doesnt know nothing about. I do know one thing it will be a long time before I can get another one. Does anyone know how home owners ins works? I never told them I had it though?

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-16-2008, 05:24 AM
First thing i would do is tell the police that the gun is out of your possession. You wouldn't want bullets from it ending up in somebody and then the numbers coming back to you if they found the gun.

DeckerEnt
01-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Definately call the police. Then call your agent. Is there a lock box with a key in it? If it is a new one, then the agent had to use his/her electronic key to get in and it would be on record. Hope you find the low rent that swiped it.
Keith

carriep
01-16-2008, 12:01 PM
The police was here at 4:30 this morning. I dont have a lock box I just left the back door unlocked. I am jsut heart broken over this.

Holly
01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
The police was here at 4:30 this morning. I dont have a lock box I just left the back door unlocked. I am jsut heart broken over this.

Well, you did the right thing by calling the cops. I'd be freaked out everytime I heard of a shooting if I were you. At least you reported it stolen though, so you aren't going to be liable if something does happen. People are such LOW RENTS!

Just curious, did you accidently leave your back door unlocked? I lock my house up all the time, even when I go out to mow the grass. If a door or window opens in my house while I have the security system on, the siren starts blaring, and I have the loudest damn siren in the neighborhood. The first (and only) time I set it off, it scared the shit out of me. I haven't done it again! At least I know it works, the security company IMMEDIATELY called my house, they ended up calling my cell because I was outside and did not hear the landline ringing, they were getting ready to dispatch the police! :eek: I'm not complaining about that though. ;)

$23 is what I pay a month for my security system, but it's priceless to me. It gives me such a feeling of security/comfort. Let me know if you want the info on the place I go through. Women living alone need security systems, in my opinion.

Keep us posted Carrie, and good luck!

bobtsgt
01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
chances are the agent won't do anything about it. Especially since the house didn't have a mechanical/electric lock box. Leaving your back door unlocked is easy pickins for anyone ballsy enough to try and get in. Do you have a agent sign in your front yard? Some buglers assume the house may be empty and try to get in.

carriep
01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah i have a sign in the yard, but if someone was to come in here I would have a lot more stuff taken. That wasnt the only gun in here. I will not be showing this house again with out me being here. I hope whoever has this shoots them self with it. Hoolow points hurt im sure.

Holly
01-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah i have a sign in the yard, but if someone was to come in here I would have a lot more stuff taken. That wasnt the only gun in here. I will not be showing this house again with out me being here. I hope whoever has this shoots them self with it. Hoolow points hurt im sure.

I should have read your first post closer (regarding leaving the back door open). I would make sure I was there if you are going to be showing your house in the future, you can't trust anybody anymore. Friggin thieves everywhere. :mad:

Good luck selling your house Carrie. Where are you moving to, same area?

theyallslow
01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
have you joined the NRA yet. they have steps you can take and people that can help with this.

carriep
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I should have read your first post closer (regarding leaving the back door open). I would make sure I was there if you are going to be showing your house in the future, you can't trust anybody anymore. Friggin thieves everywhere. :mad:

Good luck selling your house Carrie. Where are you moving to, same area?

We are looking for something in Germantown to rent for a while. That will be a first for me Ive never rented before.

carriep
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
have you joined the NRA yet. they have steps you can take and people that can help with this.

No i didnt know anything about it.

theyallslow
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
well at my ccw class we talked with them about what to do if things like that would happen. I have a ccw Forum you can join and ask them. It is ohioccwforums.org

DeckerEnt
01-16-2008, 04:01 PM
If I may ask, which agent showed the house? Or was this just someone who called and wanted to see it? If it went through your agent, he should know who was there.
Good luck.
Keith

facemelter71
01-16-2008, 04:40 PM
FWI
I talked to A CIA agent and he said that hollow points will not go through a door.He said,In his home right now that he has a 45 cal' and the first clip is loaded with nothing but solid core lead bullets.He said the hollow points will not penatrate a door like you would want them to,even the hollow core doors.So to any one who has a pistol for home defense,please load your first clip with regular solid lead bullets.After that,drop clip and slap a new one in,(My second is the Hydrashock's)swing door open and finish it.

carriep
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
If I may ask, which agent showed the house? Or was this just someone who called and wanted to see it? If it went through your agent, he should know who was there.
Good luck.
Keith

My agent didnt show it, another one did. She was suppose to call the police station and give them the names. They wont tell me who was there

DeckerEnt
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Hopefully the police do their job and get your property back. What they did was burglary I think. They just used a real estate agent to gain access to your home.
Keith

BigBadStang
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
FWI
I talked to A CIA agent and he said that hollow points will not go through a door.He said,In his home right now that he has a 45 cal' and the first clip is loaded with nothing but solid core lead bullets.He said the hollow points will not penatrate a door like you would want them to,even the hollow core doors.So to any one who has a pistol for home defense,please load your first clip with regular solid lead bullets.After that,drop clip and slap a new one in,(My second is the Hydrashock's)swing door open and finish it.

and hope its not your teenage son/daughter sneaking back in the house, or some confused, drunken neighbor at the wrong house. firing through doors is not a good idea, and will more times than not get you charged.
"In fear for your life" is a pretty shaky defense when there is a door between you and the "intruder". remember in Ohio, you cannot kill to protect "things". a shooting is only justified if you are in fear for your, or a family members life, and you have to make it believable to the police and the D.A.

good luck in getting your .380 back... thieves need to rot in hell.

Mista Bone
01-16-2008, 09:45 PM
FWI

I call BS right there.

I know for FACT 155 gr .40 S&W Hydrashok will go thru a solid oak door, creates a mess with the splintering of the wood. Now the 135 gr. Personal Defense Hydrashok due to lower mass and reduced velocity might not, but then again I was living in and apartment or trailer at the time, not much there to stop flying lead.

facemelter71
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
You could have sent me a pm,as to not make me look like an ass on here.Thanks though.

theyallslow
01-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I dont think he is trying to make you look bad. but i will find out this weekend. I am going shooting at a friends and i will take an old oak door with me. I am getting an AK47 from a guy at work, and i have a 9mm and biohip has a .40 cal and just got an AR-15. so we will see what happens.

DeckerEnt
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I predict that ALL the rounds go through the door. Everything but a .22 should go through.
Keith

theyallslow
01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
the plan is to put a paper target about 5 ft away from the door. and then see if the rounds make it to the target. in a few weeks or maybe at the farm party we can do it all over again.

jrmylmach1
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I would at least take a 380 or a 45 with hollow points to shoot at the door so you are comparing apples to apples. No sense calling BS on something when you don't compare the same weapon.

I agree that I don't think a hollow core door will stop them though. I would think they would go through.

Jeremy

theyallslow
01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I have one hollow core and one solid core door. I will have a few guys helping with the test and more guns now. from a .22 all the way to a 12g with slugs. this is going to be fun.
and if it snows we are going to kill snow men.

Mista Bone
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
tannerite snowmen?

pegasus
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
rember the alamo

BigBadStang
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
rember the alamo

how do we "rember"? :confused:
:lol::lol::lol:

sorry man...I'm an ass sometimes, please forgive me!:D

PaulFiveOh
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I haven't read all the posts but....

I think your equally liable for this happening as the thief who stole it, carriep. You KNEW you had a loded pistol in the house and you KNEW you left where it was stored unlocked and unattended.

DeckerEnt
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Tannerite snowmen. Hmmmmm
Keith

carriep
01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I haven't read all the posts but....

I think your equally liable for this happening as the thief who stole it, carriep. You KNEW you had a loded pistol in the house and you KNEW you left where it was stored unlocked and unattended.

Well I actually didnt even think about it. If you left your garage door open and someone stoled your car would you be liable for it. If you left on the street unlocked would that be your fault? My gun was not out in the open, if they took my computer would it be my fault for leaving it out? I realize that I should have put it in the safe but I didnt even think about it. I shouldnt have to when I am letting an agent bring someone in here to look at my house to buy. She should be liable for my gun.

DeckerEnt
01-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I would be calling the agent every day till it is resolved.
Keith

craigels
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Well I actually didnt even think about it. If you left your garage door open and someone stoled your car would you be liable for it. If you left on the street unlocked would that be your fault? My gun was not out in the open, if they took my computer would it be my fault for leaving it out? I realize that I should have put it in the safe but I didnt even think about it. I shouldnt have to when I am letting an agent bring someone in here to look at my house to buy. She should be liable for my gun.

I don't think its an issue of if you left the gun in plain sight or if you locked it up in the gun cabinet. The issue is that you left the house unlocked. Anyone who saw the other agent and client enter and leave the house without a key could have also entered and left without a key. They could have cleaned you out before you got back -- TVs, computers, jewelry, whatever toys you have inthe garage! You should be lucky that only one thing was missing... even though that is the one thing you never want to see gone. Hopefully this gets resolved for you in a timely manner. I hate to hear of things getting stolen, whether the thief had easy access or not.

Craig

DeckerEnt
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Any updates on this?
Keith

carriep
01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
No nothing more, just waiting on my $300 check from the ins to replace an $800 gun. Nothing I can really do about other than hope that someone pawns it or tries to register it. Still sucks pretty bad.

DeckerEnt
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
You could sue the agent for your deductable. Probably won't get your house sold any quicker though. I would press the agent for the name of the person he showed the house to.
Keith

Yknot
02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your GUN.....But your really careless and half stupid. As someone who went through a concealed carry class, you didn't pick up much of what they taught. This time you only lost a gun, it could have been much worse.....I know most families looking for new housing take there children along, to see how everyone likes the new digs. What would have happened if some little boy or girl, while looking around found your GUN which just so happened to be under that quit little bunny?? (Real stupid place to put a LOADED GUN). It could have been a night mare. In fact, I'm not too sure that if you went to the police, they wouldn't charge you with wont and endangerment. It was you that scheduled the open House, and you that left a LOADED gun out in the open (Yell I know, It was under that little bunny). Matter of fact, how do you know the family that went thru your house didn't have kids, and that one of them didn't grab your weapon???

Sorry about the loss, but I think that is the least of your problems. it is also people like you (the UN-responsible type) that cause other like myself and all the other NRA members such a hard time. Responsible people don't leave LOADED guns around, responsible people don't keep LOADED guns under there pillows, and responsible people don't have open houses and leave there LOADED guns parked under a little bunny on there bed......STUPID!

BigBadStang
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Holy shit...that was a grammatical and spelling NIGHTMARE of a post!
Hard to follow, and although I see the point of the post, it's comical to see someone call another "stupid" numerous times, while they are unable to spell.

btw...it "Wanton Endangerment" not "wont and endangerment", and WTF is a "quit little bunny"?

MsBlkramair
02-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Seriously.............you are slamming someone over their spelling errors? I think there are way more issues going on in this thread than typos. Let it go. Let's focus on the fact there is a missing weapon out there stolen from an unsuspecting home seller. I know I will forever be checking what is left unattended when going into homes for sale, and when i go to sell my own home.

Good luck with the search! I hope no one gets hurt in the waiting process of getting it back.

STRATS
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
AS A FORMER OFFICER, YOU NEVER LEAVE A LOADED WEAPON JUST LAYING AROUND. WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK AND PUT MY GLOCK 40 INTO A LOCKED CASE ALONG WITH MY EXTRA CLIPS. WHEN I CARRIED OFF DUTY I USUALLY CARRIED A 9MM. WHEN I WAS AT HOME, THERE WASN'T A TIME YOU WOULD SEE A GUN LAYING ON A TABLE OR IN PLAIN SIGHT. WAS YOUR GUN REGISTERED TO YOU. yOU DEFINATELY WANT TO HAVE IT TRACKED DOWN. FOR FUTURE REFERANCE, GET A SAFE OR LOK BOX WHICH IS ACCESSABLE. WHEN NEEDED TO KEEP THE PIECE ON YOUR PERSON AT ALL TIMES. EITHER ON YOUR BELT, DUTY BELT, SOCK HOLSTER, SHOULDER STRAP WHEN YOUR DOING SOMETHING. iF YOUR JUST CHILLING AND HAVING A BEER AT YOUR PAD, IT SHOULD BE LOCKED UP ANYWAY. tHIS KIND A CRAP, CONCEALED CARRY LAW IS ONE OF THE REASONS I GOT OUT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. yOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHICH IDIOT IS PACKING, HOW MUCH TRAING, HOW MUCH DRINKING, WANTING TO BE COOL. pEOPLE DON;T REALIZE IT MIGHT BE MY SON OR YOUR DAUGHTER THAT GETS KILLED WITH HER GUN THAT SHE FORGOT TO PUT AWAY OR THE PERSON WHO PICKED IT UP POINTED AT THE LADY SHOWING THE HOUSE AND AS A JOKE AIMED AND SHOT AND KILLED HER, WHAT A NIGHTMARE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN? wISE UP OR FIND ANOTHER HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBadStang
02-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Seriously.............you are slamming someone over their spelling errors? I think there are way more issues going on in this thread than typos. Let it go. Let's focus on the fact there is a missing weapon out there stolen from an unsuspecting home seller. I know I will forever be checking what is left unattended when going into homes for sale, and when i go to sell my own home.

Good luck with the search! I hope no one gets hurt in the waiting process of getting it back.

Maybe you missed the part where I stated that I "saw the point of the post". :rolleyes:
It's just difficult for me to take someone seriously when they want to call someone "stupid" when the person calling names can't type a post w/o killing it.

The bottom line is, if you own a firearm, YOU the owner are respnsible for making sure the weapon is secure at ALL TIMES...PERIOD!

BigBadStang
02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
AS A FORMER OFFICER, YOU NEVER LEAVE A LOADED WEAPON JUST LAYING AROUND. WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK AND PUT MY GLOCK 40 INTO A LOCKED CASE ALONG WITH MY EXTRA CLIPS. WHEN I CARRIED OFF DUTY I USUALLY CARRIED A 9MM. WHEN I WAS AT HOME, THERE WASN'T A TIME YOU WOULD SEE A GUN LAYING ON A TABLE OR IN PLAIN SIGHT. WAS YOUR GUN REGISTERED TO YOU. yOU DEFINATELY WANT TO HAVE IT TRACKED DOWN. FOR FUTURE REFERANCE, GET A SAFE OR LOK BOX WHICH IS ACCESSABLE. WHEN NEEDED TO KEEP THE PIECE ON YOUR PERSON AT ALL TIMES. EITHER ON YOUR BELT, DUTY BELT, SOCK HOLSTER, SHOULDER STRAP WHEN YOUR DOING SOMETHING. iF YOUR JUST CHILLING AND HAVING A BEER AT YOUR PAD, IT SHOULD BE LOCKED UP ANYWAY. tHIS KIND A CRAP, CONCEALED CARRY LAW IS ONE OF THE REASONS I GOT OUT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. yOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHICH IDIOT IS PACKING, HOW MUCH TRAING, HOW MUCH DRINKING, WANTING TO BE COOL. pEOPLE DON;T REALIZE IT MIGHT BE MY SON OR YOUR DAUGHTER THAT GETS KILLED WITH HER GUN THAT SHE FORGOT TO PUT AWAY OR THE PERSON WHO PICKED IT UP POINTED AT THE LADY SHOWING THE HOUSE AND AS A JOKE AIMED AND SHOT AND KILLED HER, WHAT A NIGHTMARE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN? wISE UP OR FIND ANOTHER HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be wrong, and I'm not calling you out, but it sounds like you are one the ones that think it's ok for you to be armed, but everyone else is an idiot, and shouldnt be permitted to protect themselves.:rolleyes:
The fact is, a very high percentage of CCW holders are law abiding citizens that follow the insane laws, and do more shooting than most cops do. Your average cops only shoot their weapons just prior to and during requalifying, unless the department has a policy mandating minimum periodical range time, and the depts. that do are in the minority.

Waffles
02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
FWI

Well, that's the first time I've heard a suggestion like that and I'm not really sure it's good advice. Everything I carry is either Gold Dot or Hydroshocks. There are two reasons for this. The first is that they are more lethal. If I'm actually in the situation where I have to fire on someone to protect myself, I want them dead - not wounded. The second reason is for the safety of others. The simple reason that they won't go through a door, or a wall... they'll break apart first. This means that a stray bullet is less likely to be harmful to an innocent. Also, it's just not a good idea to be shooting through doors at things you can't see anyway.

Waffles
02-17-2008, 11:41 PM
I call BS right there.

I know for FACT 155 gr .40 S&W Hydrashok will go thru a solid oak door, creates a mess with the splintering of the wood. Now the 135 gr. Personal Defense Hydrashok due to lower mass and reduced velocity might not, but then again I was living in and apartment or trailer at the time, not much there to stop flying lead.

I think it's not so much about whether or not there is a hole in the backside of the door, but rather the condition of the projectile by the time it makes a hole on the other side of the door. Hollowpoints, especially when scored or grooved like the Gold Dot or Hydroschock is designed for limited penetration. They mushroom on impact of flesh, and break apart into a million non-fatal bits and pieces when going through a door like that.

Do this, put a large piece of paper or posterboard behind the door when you shoot at it. See what actually exits. I bet there's not a big enough hole in the paper to do any real damage. Check it out.

Waffles
02-17-2008, 11:46 PM

I'm not baggin on you or anything, but the bigger problem than you losing your weapon is that this. Your weapon is now in the hands of someone else. It just isn't responsible gun ownership. You have a responsibility to keep it locked up. If that's locked in a safe, a lockbox, or even just in the nightstand IF YOUR HOUSE IS LOCKED, that's fine. Just be glad kids didn't happen to get ahold of it while a family was touring the house, you hid it under a stuffed animal right? Scary stuff.

Waffles
02-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow, I need to finish reading the entire thread before I start posting replies. Every point I made, was made by someone else first. Damnit.

02mingryGT
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM

I think his point was someone calling someone "stupid" and then can't spell. I thought it was a great post. I think careless would have been a better choice of words.

ihave1sweetride
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Any luck on find the person who took it? I would make sure that your agent gets an electronic lockbox on your door if they haven't already. This limits the amount of people who can actually go through your property and it's login in to a computer.

Good luck

Waffles
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
That wasnt the only gun in here.

This just dawned on me. Where are the other guns? Locked up?

carriep
02-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your GUN.....But your really careless and half stupid. As someone who went through a concealed carry class, you didn't pick up much of what they taught. This time you only lost a gun, it could have been much worse.....I know most families looking for new housing take there children along, to see how everyone likes the new digs. What would have happened if some little boy or girl, while looking around found your GUN which just so happened to be under that quit little bunny?? (Real stupid place to put a LOADED GUN). It could have been a night mare. In fact, I'm not too sure that if you went to the police, they wouldn't charge you with wont and endangerment. It was you that scheduled the open House, and you that left a LOADED gun out in the open (Yell I know, It was under that little bunny). Matter of fact, how do you know the family that went thru your house didn't have kids, and that one of them didn't grab your weapon???

Sorry about the loss, but I think that is the least of your problems. it is also people like you (the UN-responsible type) that cause other like myself and all the other NRA members such a hard time. Responsible people don't leave LOADED guns around, responsible people don't keep LOADED guns under there pillows, and responsible people don't have open houses and leave there LOADED guns parked under a little bunny on there bed......STUPID!

It wasnt an open house, it was a couple coming through my house. They had to get on my bed and look for my gun. It was a mistake on my part to leave it out. We have a very nice gun safe but I didnt think to put it up. I opened my houes to show it I shouldnt have to worry about someone looking through my stuff. And by the way you are a STUPID ass. If you wont to bitch me out I would like you to do it in a pm. Thank you

Michelle
02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
LOL...all too fucking funny. Jackass. Karma is such a bitch..
Poor Carrie.. one day it will all get better.

Michelle
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh and I almost forgot, *where ever are my manners* ..... Goodluck.

carriep
02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
LOL...all too fucking funny. Jackass. Karma is such a bitch..
Poor Carrie.. one day it will all get better.

Dont start something you cant finish. Karma isnt the only thing thats a bitch.

pegasus
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Dont start something you cant finish. Karma isnt the only thing thats a bitch.
x2 my ex wife...all of em.....(i dont have any ex wifes but it needed to be said)

Michelle
02-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Booo hoo.....I'm a bitch.LOL,..that's right. But I am just so many other things that *you* will never be. LOL...

My RANT: people who complain about their misfortune, which is always brought on by themselves just to get pity from everyone they possibly can.

BIG DEAL. enough said.

Waffles
02-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Wow, wish I knew the back story there. I love catfights :D

carriep
02-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Booo hoo.....I'm a bitch.LOL,..that's right. But I am just so many other things that *you* will never be. LOL...

My RANT: people who complain about their misfortune, which is always brought on by themselves just to get pity from everyone they possibly can.

BIG DEAL. enough said.

Trust me I never want to be anything like you. If you want to be a childish **** pm me, just stay out of my fucking thread.

Holly
02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry girls, enough bickering. Take it to PMs, or talk it out in person, like big girls. ;) I'm locking this up.