PDA

View Full Version : Fatal street racing crash in Cincinnati today!?

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I sure hope this isn't anyone from here....said it happened near the stadium....they said a Mustang was racing a crotch rocket and the guy on the bike wrecked and died....they searched and found a black fox GT with a white cowl hood but couldn't find the owner....

Lt. Dangle
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I saw that as well...weird.

BUHBYY
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
It was a black guy from Price Hill ?? he was racing a green busa and it went very bad

Jeff88coupe
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
This just on channel 5...black fox gt with a unpainted fiberglass cowl hood with a tach on the dash.
/rant on/....I hate when the media calls street racing "drag racing"...it's not.

PonymanfiveO
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
...black fox gt with a unpainted fiberglass cowl hood with a tach on the dash...

wow, that narrows it down. There has to be at least a hundred of these in the area. :lol:

replicobra
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
that always sucks.

Holly
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Cincinnati police officers investigate the scene of a fatal motorcycle crash Monday on Mehring Way in Queensgate.

William E. Westheider, 22, of Sedamsville was racing a car going west on Mehring Way when he lost control near Smith Street around 1 p.m., police said.

The motorcycle, going at high speed, struck a curb, a utility pole and two trees, police said. Westheider, who wore a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the car, Scott Shephers, 31, of South Fairmount, and his two passengers, Henrico Moore, 26, of South Fairmount, and Kristine L. Langen, 24, of Westwood, stopped, but left the scene before officers arrived.

The car was located and police are continuing to investigate. No charges have been filed. Moore was arrested after the crash, but his charges are unrelated, police said.

Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call the Cincinnati Police Traffic Unit at 513-352-2514.

beefcake
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I understand the street racing, the thing i don't get is they will probably prosecute the guy for the death of the other guy, and while it's tragic, if he didn't directly run him off the road, it's not his fault

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow, that is crazy. It is very irresponsible to street race, especially downtown or in busy areas. There's so many things that can go wrong in an uncontrolled environment like that. I always struggle with prosecuting people involved in accidents that result in death because sometimes they were simply accidents. But in this case, the reckless behavior of both drivers resulted in one person's death and while the driver of the car may not have directly caused they other driver to die, he certainly contributed to the situation and is responsible for that.

JonS
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
It's unfortunate for everyone involved, That is why I don't street race.

Holly
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
they will probably prosecute the guy for the death of the other guy, and while it's tragic, if he didn't directly run him off the road, it's not his fault

I agree. If he wasn't drinking or under the influence of any drugs, it's not solely his fault and he should not be prosecuted, in my opinion. But then I think if it were one of my family members, I might feel differently. :dunno:

It just sucks for all involved. :(

beefcake
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree. If he wasn't drinking or under the influence of any drugs, it's not solely his fault and he should not be prosecuted, in my opinion. But then I think if it were one of my family members, I might feel differently. :dunno:

it does,

Stang 38L
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Not a real good area to street race.

92StangMan
01-08-2008, 12:15 PM
On my way home from work today I saw a black Fox with a white cowl hood pulled over near Chevron on exit 181 of I-75. There were two cop cars surrounding him.

PaulFiveOh
01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
On my way home from work today I saw a black Fox with a white cowl hood pulled over near Chevron on exit 181 of I-75. There were two cop cars surrounding him.

Oddly enough, so did I, I was out that way for work.

92BlackStang
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
wow enough said thats crazy that makes me think more about street racing , im 21 years old i wouldnt know what to do if something like that happened i may just keep my racing at the track to many things could go wrong on the street wow just wow thats crazy soory to hear about the loss..

BUHBYY
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM

That was not the one they towed it on the news

theyallslow
01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
sucks to hear that happend. but that will not stop me from doing what i do or asking like i do. maybe i am dumb, or maybe i am smarter the a guy on a busa.

more then likly the guy was on a bke that was too much for him.

fordman
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
The bike wasnt a busa it was a ninja the guy lived about half a mile down from me hes a friend of friend

BUHBYY
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
It said suzuki on the news and looked like a Busa ??? I was going off of what I saw but you know the media is never ever wrong ;) did you know him ?

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Can you imagine being just some random guy with a black fox w/white hood driving around and all of a sudden you get nailed by like 5 cops :lol:

BigB96
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah i knew the guy on the bike. messed up thing is my car is black and up until a week ago my cowl hood was white. my car is a 96 though, i got a few calls from people yesterday thinkin it was me..

98cobradan
01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
wow just like the evo and the "neon" racing, very sad

92StangMan
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
What can be done if they supposedly find the guy? Are there any witnesses or concrete evidence that would point it directly at him?

BigB96
01-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Dont know. Thats a pretty busy street so i would imagine someone saw something. a few years ago two brothers from cleves was racing on river road and the one wrecked and ended up dying. The other brother got charged with his death. Not sure of the exact charge or if it stuck, but i remember hearing about it on the news cuz it happened right by where i lived..

Rick93coupe
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
My personal opinion is that if 2 people consent to a race and one of them dies without harming any bystanders, then he knew the risks involved and gambled with his life. The other party shouldn't be held responsible. The idea of always looking for someone to blame doesn't sit well with me.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
My personal opinion is that if 2 people consent to a race and one of them dies without harming any bystanders, then he knew the risks involved and gambled with his life. The other party shouldn't be held responsible. The idea of always looking for someone to blame doesn't sit well with me.

As far as death goes it's no different if you wreck on the track and die, you can't blame the guy in the other lane. All he should be charged with is whatever laws he broke, like street racing. Take his license, impound his car, whatever. I'm sure he knows what a mistake he made but that doesn't make him a killer.

Rick93coupe
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
As far as death goes it's no different if you wreck on the track and die, you can't blame the guy in the other lane. All he should be charged with is whatever laws he broke, like street racing. Take his license, impound his car, whatever. I'm sure he knows what a mistake he made but that doesn't make him a killer.

My point exactly.

92BlackStang
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
thats like going to walmart buying a gun shooting your self and them blame walmart. its just not right

PaulFiveOh
01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
thats like going to walmart buying a gun shooting your self and them blame walmart. its just not right

Yet its happend. A few times I'm sure

mustang8998
01-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sure the courts look at it, as a way to make people think twice, before consenting to street race.

mustanginky
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
that is sad, and i do think the guy who was driving the mustang should be charged with maybe reckless, but not the death of the other individual. he was his own man and i dont like pawning blame off on someone else when someone dies of their own negligence.

fordman
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
i knowed dude but never really talked to um and i know the girl that was in the car there holdin the car under investigation because they found paint off the bike on the car so id say if thats true what people are sayin that i know then dudes goin down hard all of um anyway that was involved

02mingryGT
01-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm sure the courts look at it, as a way to make people think twice, before consenting to street race.

It's not the courts but the prosecutors office who decides who to charge. It's the courts who decide if it's legit. The problem is both, prosecutor and judge, are trying to look "tough" on crime. Take the situation where the kid blew up that tree house and got beaned by debris. Charging his buddies with murder is absolutely assinine. It's like Darwin's law worked to perfection but someone's to blame for this kids stupidity. There are never anymore "accidents". There is always someone to "blame".

Thank the liberals.

dedpedal
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
BLAME CANADA!!!!

theyallslow
01-09-2008, 09:32 AM
It is total bull shit.

beefcake
01-09-2008, 10:00 AM
yeah,

i read that about the kid with the pipe bomb's friends being charged. Insanity at it's best right there.

MrsAPE
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
i knowed dude but never really talked to um and i know the girl that was in the car there holdin the car under investigation because they found paint off the bike on the car so id say if thats true what people are sayin that i know then dudes goin down hard all of um anyway that was involved

just wow...:rolleyes:

JonS
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah,

i read that about the kid with the pipe bomb's friends being charged. Insanity at it's best right there.

I agree, it seems like if someone dies, someone has to get in trouble. :rolleyes:

Steves LX
01-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree with that too. Unfortunately I think the way the system see's it is, for example. If you and I go out and rob a bank and I go inside to hold the place up and all you do is sit outside and drive the get a way car. We are both guilty because even though all you did is drive the get a way car the system looks at it as the crime couldn't have taken place without your help. Same goes for this tragic event. If one or the other didn't participate the race wouldn't have occurred and therefor the guy on the bike wouldn't have died.

02mingryGT
01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I agree with that too. Unfortunately I think the way the system see's it is, for example. If you and I go out and rob a bank and I go inside to hold the place up and all you do is sit outside and drive the get a way car. We are both guilty because even though all you did is drive the get a way car the system looks at it as the crime couldn't have taken place without your help. Same goes for this tragic event. If one or the other didn't participate the race wouldn't have occurred and therefor the guy on the bike wouldn't have died.

That's presumption on behalf of the "system". You could still rob the bank without the getaway car. I think it's more you would have profited from the crime so you should be charged the same.

BLAME CANADA!!!!

That would be like blaming a paraplegic retard.

mach_u
01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
BLAME CANADA!!!!

That would be like blaming a paraplegic retard.
Canada - Paraplegic retard... I don't see the difference? hehe Damn Canadians! :lol: There's your definition of a Synonym for the day!

slvr87cpe
01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
the boys mom workes here with me on 2nd shift all i can say is it all sucks to have your kid gone like that

TurboNG
01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Speeding killed him not the race, who says the bike didn't blow by him and he went for the chase.... BS to blame the other guy, like if one guys pulls a wheelie then the other guy does it but wrecks and dies. The first guy that did it first shouldn't be charged! It's just another way for the court system to make more money. That's all the courts/government cares about MONEY!!! Get a ticket for speeding 50mph over the limit and you go in and say your innocent, they counter with an offer of well plead guilt to a seatbelt violation and $200 court fees and we'll let you go. Corrupt bastards!

Sorry about they guy dieing but we all know what the chances and penalties are!

mustang8998
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank the liberals.

Thank the ambulance chasing lawyers!

pegasus
01-09-2008, 08:34 PM

he was under the influence of stuipd

Mista Bone
01-10-2008, 04:16 AM
that is sad, and i do think the guy who was driving the mustang should be charged with maybe reckless, but not the death of the other individual. he was his own man and i dont like pawning blame off on someone else when someone dies of their own negligence.

Leaving the scene of an accident........yes, reckless op. would be in the hands of who ever got the best lawyer.

Lying witnesses (passengers in the car) and those on the street that didn't see everything, not getting all the info right. I'm sure our friendly peace officers on here can explain just for little someone will witness and recall correctly. I think the ratio is for every 10 who say "but occifer, I saw the WHOLE thing!" only one honestly seen it happen.

thecollector
01-13-2008, 12:39 AM
With witness accounts it is not so much that only ten percent of a given group witnessed the event it's the mental perspective of the witnesses. defense attorney's prosecutors and detectives deal with this weekly. The adrenaline rush of a dangerous/catastrophic situation can alter your senses and change your recollection of an event. In Dayton this summer at the airshow a plain crashed in front of thousands of spectators killing it's pilot. Witnesses on the news still had conflicting exact stories as to the planes pitch and roll before it impacted the ground, and they were interviewed while the plane was still smoldering in the background....

The charge of murder is steep, for the car accident. I would lean to manslaughter since the intended result from the race was not death. It does not matter who was killed. The state looks at the facts. An illegal act took place an a public roadway resulting in a fatality. Whether that person was a driver a passenger or a bystander does not matter. The individuals who where involved in the act are the one's who will be prosecuted- it's not placing blame. It's holding people accountable for their actions. In the State of Ohio all of the patrons could be charged with wreckless homicide or manslaughter it just so happens that one of the fatalities was the said patron so the "survivor" if you will is still fair game for criminal charges- depending how many headlines the prosecutor wants their name to appear in will mandate the charges filed on the driver.

The pipe bomb charge is SOMEWHAT understandable since a group did construct and detonate a device whose specific intent was harm and destruction. Regardless of the fact that the person injured from the detonation of the device was one the bombs creators. Once again an illegal device was constructed and detonated, and a fatality was the direct result. If the bomb these derilicts built had taken the life of a girl on the other side of that fence their is not one person on here would dispute it. At some point boys have to grow up.

I agree that the government loves making money on us-Tickets, taxes, license fees etc. However the state is not charging this person with a high crime to make money. If convicted the suspect will go to the corrections dept. which is still not self sufficient (as I believe it should be) and COST the state thousands of dollars every year to detain.

Bottom line: If you are not prepared to accept the conseqeunces for foolish actions that may result in death DONT PARTICIPATE IN THEM. This isn't the 60's their are pretty much no public roads in Hamilton county that are "safe" to race on. After owning a bike for 6 years Im still looking for a street thats safe to drive on let alone race on. This geographic area is blessed with drag strips, if you want to race spend a couple bucks and go to the track. If your car is to slow then leave your Honda at home and ride with a friend.

My prayer's go out to the victims families

Blacksunshine
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Not a real good area to street race.

You said it brother !