Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
so.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : so....

dawsin94cobra
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
So this guy e mailed me about buying my car. I tell him about it send him pics that whole deal. So I didn't really want to sell it so when he asked me for a price a said 9k knowing that anyone with a brain would know thats insane. So he says the price doesn't scare him and says he lives in Michigan. And the check is in the mail and I need to e mail him when I get it for pick up of my car. I this ya.. Ok he is trying to scam me or whatever. So I get home and check my mail today and their it is.. A letter... With bank certified check for 9k. I kid you not. I am going to see if the check clears tomorrow.. And will updait. But really??? It seems too good to be true. Or someone is really really stupid. If it clears ill be looking for a notch!!!

Mista Bone
01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
someone get a buyout from Ford/GM and buying your car.

Google his name, see if it turns up on any track records, like for Milan.

You could also call the bank it was drawn on to verify.

Too many scams happening, gotta be safe.

dedpedal
01-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Tell your bank about the transaction and DONT take any money out of your account untill YOUR bank makes sure the check is clear. If the guy sends you an email asking for you to return part of the check and "keep the rest for yourself" , CALL THE COPS!

Steves LX
01-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah that sounds like a scam to me. I had the same thing happen to me awhile back. I was trying to seel a laptop for 300.00. This guy sent me a certified check for 1500.00 for a 300 laptop. He told me when I get it to take it and cash it and take my portion of it and send the rest of it along with the laptop to some shipping company in some other city. I went straight to the police with it.

bobtsgt
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
sounds scammish. Do you have his IP addy. There is a way to trace it and see if he is from Nigeria instead.

facemelter71
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I had the same thing happen to me.I posted my T5 tranny on craigslist for 100 bucks and some guy e-mails me saying hes interested in the part i have for sale and he says he wants a final price for it.I told him $2000 (for a tranny with second gear out) and the trans is yours.He said ok,and wanted to mail me the check right there.I jsut forwarded the email to my buddy who works at the FBI.

dawsin94cobra
01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
That's exactly what he is saying that he wants me to send money to a shipper to get it shiped to him. The bank cleared the check and said the funds were available.. So I am just hopeing my beloved mustang does not become a drug car. Ill keep you guys up to dait.

Holly
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Just remember the saying - "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"

Jaylynn
01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
double-triple check with your bank what could possibly trip up the transaction. if the check rebounds at all it will come back to your account......... it's so hard these days to really really trust things...maybe it really is a certified bank check & your in great shape - i hope it is for you!

facemelter71
01-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Dont do it.Thats all that i can say.You will have nothing to show for the sale after the check rebounds and hits you.Once you send the car,your screwed.

RIXXX93GT
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Doesnt a certified check mean just that? Wouldnt her bank call or check to make sure those "certified" funds are available? If not then what use is a certified bank check anymore? Cash is King....still.

dawsin94cobra
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Well funds were available. About 1.7 mil to be exact. But its an account that allown absolutly no withdraws by check. And their was a warning on the accout about check written with these 3 numbers at the end. And guess what? It was mine. He also said I would have been shit out of luck if I cashed it and spent it. And he said it was a really good fake. So I am bumbed!! Buyer beware. Doesn't that just make pay day gloomy? Lol I was excited to go buy a coup. Oh well I guess more waiting. Good luck guys. And don't let the car go before the funds are cleared.

89notch
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
did you trade the check for an 83 gt with mods?????

Sorry I couldnt help myself

Jaylynn
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm so glad you double-checked! :rockon:

(i know it's bummer you don't have the $ but you still have the car)

89notch
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Seriously my Girlfrien works at a bank and gets these daily

dawsin94cobra
01-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Ya that's for the 83 comment ha ha I did go a little overboard with that. But I finally got rid of it!!!! Strait up to! Not a smart kid ha ha anyway. This all rewins my coup plan. oh well. Anyone wanna trade a moded 89 gt for a coup? Ha ha jk jk I actually found a car I like. For now... But ya be carefull for this shit guys. And gals I am just glad the check didn't clear at the bank or I would be stangless.

YouGotJunk
01-04-2008, 05:02 PM
This all rewins my coup plan.

Man, thats great right there!! I've never in my life seen someone spell ruin like that!:lol:

dawsin94cobra
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Ha ha ya I am posting on my cell phone so I just type and it picks what words to use. Its awesome

08 Vette
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
That Scam has been around for a long time. Do not cash that check, you'll be held Accountable for every penny! CALL and report it!

stroked4eyes
01-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Man, thats great right there!! I've never in my life seen someone spell ruin like that!:lol:

I read right past that. I thought they meant rewinds my plans.

Greg Seibert
01-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Legitiment deals are hard enough to negotiate through sometimes, then you get a sh!thead:flipoff: scammer like that to muddie up the water.
Thanks for the heads up!:bigthumb

ATimpe
01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Same thing happened to a guy at work w/ a mattress he was selling. He got boned out of 1200 bucks!! Spent all of it and then the check was taken out of his account, over withdrew it like a mo-fo. Good job avoiding a scam!