Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Good software for ripping DVD's? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good software for ripping DVD's?

mach_u
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok, so I have DVD shrink and can rip an ISO file just fine to copy a DVD but, I would like to find a simple piece of software that can rip a DVD to say Divx, mpeg, etc. Nothing fancy - I don't want to have to select 30 million options to rip a disc. Basically something that allows to rip a movie like a CD, for backup purposes of course. ;)

Mista Bone
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
DVD Shrink is all you need, why are you messing with .iso files?

DVD Shrink, compressed to 4464 MB assuming your using a single layer DVD, I never messed with any setting except to limit the overall files size. The use Windows Media player to watch.

Use Nero to burn, select the Video TS folder, burn, play in DVD player......

200+ DVD's like this, only ones that have issues are multi episodes discs, Like CSI/Gilmore Girls. I do alot of discs for the girl who bought my Trans Am.

DYD Shrink + Nero is very simple, if your choosing a bunch of options YOUR making it a PITA to use. Normal takes 2 minutes to read a disc, 25 minutes to run thru compression, the 5-6 minutes to burn a copy, thats on a computer that is 6 years old!

mach_u
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
DVD Shrink is all you need, why are you messing with .iso files?

DVD Shrink, compressed to 4464 MB assuming your using a single layer DVD, I never messed with any setting except to limit the overall files size. The use Windows Media player to watch.

Use Nero to burn, select the Video TS folder, burn, play in DVD player......

200+ DVD's like this, only ones that have issues are multi episodes discs, Like CSI/Gilmore Girls. I do alot of discs for the girl who bought my Trans Am.

DYD Shrink + Nero is very simple, if your choosing a bunch of options YOUR making it a PITA to use. Normal takes 2 minutes to read a disc, 25 minutes to run thru compression, the 5-6 minutes to burn a copy, thats on a computer that is 6 years old!
Let me reiterate:

Ok, so I have DVD shrink and can rip an ISO file just fine to copy a DVD(DVD Shrink + Nero) but, I would like to find a simple piece of software that can rip a DVD to say Divx, mpeg, etc. Nothing fancy - I don't want to have to select 30 million options to rip a disc. Basically something that allows to rip a movie like a CD, for backup purposes of course. ;) I don't want to make another DVD, that's not the issue. I want to be able to make say an AVI(Divx) or MPEG file that I can say make a SVCD out of or store on my PC.

Mista Bone
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
first, no need to convert, but Nero can do that, it will take a few HOURS per DVD and you'll lose quality.

Rip normally the DVD Shrink and store on your PC. With external HDD's being cheap, reason I have 1.3 TB of storage, lots of DVD's I've ripped.

PaulFiveOh
12-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I have 1.3 TB of storage

Where is that cookie again? :D

Ryan218
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
we burn like 4 dvds ever other day...get em from net flix and burn em then send em back then repeat...so far like 1,500 plud dvds...

i use some odd program were all i have to do is pop the dvd in and then it rips it...then when fished it put a blank in then hit enter. it burns it to the dvd-r disk and them its done..easy to use and its like 30 mins to do...

ill find out what the program is called if you want!

mach_u
12-31-2007, 12:31 AM
I guess I am still not being clear here apparently! I would like to take a DVD and convert it into a usable, editable format on my PC. (Read: Mpeg, AVI, etc.). I know how to copy a DVD so that is not the issue.

Mista Bone
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
now he says he wants to be an editor, guess the Cincy Post job didn't work out?????

I've never tried editting a DVD file, but it will take FOREVER due to file sizes. Like having a stable old puter in the corner not even connected to the internet, just sitting there crunching data.

PaulFiveOh
12-31-2007, 12:45 AM
http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/

02mingryGT
12-31-2007, 07:42 AM
we burn like 4 dvds ever other day...get em from net flix and burn em then send em back then repeat...so far like 1,500 plud dvds...

i use some odd program were all i have to do is pop the dvd in and then it rips it...then when fished it put a blank in then hit enter. it burns it to the dvd-r disk and them its done..easy to use and its like 30 mins to do...

Ha I do the same thing. I believe your using Rip it for me. It decrypts it and then opens dvd shrink. Mine is setup so It doesn't start the shrinking process until I click go. I like to get rid of all the useless foreign languages first.

mach_u
12-31-2007, 08:20 AM
now he says he wants to be an editor, guess the Cincy Post job didn't work out?????

I've never tried editting a DVD file, but it will take FOREVER due to file sizes. Like having a stable old puter in the corner not even connected to the internet, just sitting there crunching data.
http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/information/mental-health-a-z/alcohol/ Just trying to help.... :rolleyes:

http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/
That's exactly what I had in mind. I have actually downloaded a copy of that I believe already but I couldn't quite get it figured out. Regardless, that's what I am trying find. Thanks. :bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
12-31-2007, 08:39 AM
The tricky part is knowing which vid and auido encoders to use. I found this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-a-DVD-to-an-AVI-or-MPG-File-Using-DVDx

mach_u
12-31-2007, 08:43 AM
The tricky part is knowing which vid and auido encoders to use. I found this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-a-DVD-to-an-AVI-or-MPG-File-Using-DVDx

Bookmarked. Thanks dude! :bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
No worries.

Goldenpony
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM

I'd like to know what this program is. Thanks