Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Daily Driver? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver?

19TbirdSC91
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
How bad are fox bodies as daily drivers? i have the opportunity to buy one right now but im kinda weary because i would have to drive it everyday and from what i hear its not too exciting, but i figured i would ask around a little bit.

Thanks,
Sean McConaha

bobtsgt
12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
it all depends on how you drive and what type of tires you have. A good set of snow tires will treck you through most things. I wouldn't hesitate driving one in the winter.

Holly
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
How bad are fox bodies as daily drivers?

Vinny drove the coupe around as his daily driver for three years. Then we got the Excursion, so I started driving that on snowy days and he took the Grand Damnit, it got around great in the snow. The coupe was HORRIBLE, even when it rained, not to mention, it drank a lot of gas (probably because of the way he drove it!). :lol:

mustang8998
12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Probably about the same as either car, in your sig. They are built on the same platform. ;)

Stangman
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
my '89 had loud exhaust because the exhaust was cut off after the cats...creaky and loud as heck... a 4:10's and rusty and flimsy as all heck.... best daily driver i've ever had!

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Aside from gas prices i would drive one in a heartbeat. The more stock it it's kept though the easier it'll be. I had my '88 GT with Goodyear all season tires on it and drove it through snow so deep that the nose scraped through it... i never got stuck but i stayed away from hills and drove like an old man.

Ryan218
12-20-2007, 07:56 PM
How bad are fox bodies as daily drivers? i have the opportunity to buy one right now but im kinda weary because i would have to drive it everyday and from what i hear its not too exciting, but i figured i would ask around a little bit.

Thanks,
Sean McConaha

text me or something...you can ride with me...i like my 5.0 over my SC!

nkystanger
12-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Vinny drove the coupe around as his daily driver for three years. Then we got the Excursion, so I started driving that on snowy days and he took the Grand Damnit, it got around great in the snow. The coupe was HORRIBLE, even when it rained, not to mention, it drank a lot of gas (probably because of the way he drove it!). :lol:

It really depends on the tires, i bought the car with all seasons and it was fine in the snow. then for some reason i went out and bought non snow rated tires and slid off 275 during a dusting a few years back.

I think Holly remembers that bad experience....:(

Holly
12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I think Holly remembers that bad experience....:(

It was all your fault! :lol: I don't think this story has ever been told, so here goes.....

First and last time I ever had to bail Vinny out of jail. To make a long story short, several years ago, Ben skidded off the road in his stang on a snowy day (on 471), Vinny stopped to help him, he was driving his truck (this was a few months before he flipped that thing on 52), a cop stopped, and ran Vinny's plates through, said that he didn't have a valid driver's license (he got a speeding ticket in KY and didn't pay it), so they hauled him off to the Kenton County Detention Center! He called me (I was at work), I stopped at the ATM to get money, and went and got him - 4 hours later (I had to sit and wait). :mad: They did leave his truck sitting on 471 (did not tow it, surprise surprise), so after they finally let him loose, we went and picked up his truck.

That was Vinny though, always helping somebody. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for anybody. :angel:

Stangman
12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
now how did Vinny flip a truck on 52?

Holly
12-21-2007, 12:26 PM
now how did Vinny flip a truck on 52?

He had to be AT WORK at 6am. One morning, it was sleeting pretty bad, and he left around 5:30, 10 minutes later I hear the phone ringing (I am still in bed) and thought WTF? I knew it was bad news, nobody calls that time of morning unless they want their head ripped off. Anyway, it was Vinny and he was very upset, saying "I just flipped my truck down by Nine Mile, come here!" I drove down there, I could see all the emergency vehicles (they had the road blocked) so I jumped out of the Cracker Tracker and ran up to the scene of the accident looking all over for him. It was snowing hard by this time. He was just standing there looking at his truck with a look of total disbelief on his face.

He was in the slow lane going westbound, went to switch lanes and hit an ice patch and the truck went airborne, flipped, and ended up on the opposite side of 52 (eastbound) on its top. A guy stopped and told him to stay put, but he said no way, he was hanging upside down in his truck with his seatbelt still on (THANK GOD HE WAS WEARING IT). Anyway, we got in the squad and they checked him out, he was okay except his hand was bleeding, but it was nothing serious. The worse part of the whole thing was, he had NO insurance on the truck, and still owed $10k on it. :mad:

I was walking up and down 52 picking stuff up that flew out of his truck, coffee mug, CD's, his lunch, remote for the DVD, every window was busted out of it.

I think Vinny had 9 lives, unfortunately they ran out this past February. :(

Stangman
12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
wow that was crazy...