Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
96.5FM [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 96.5FM

Paul408Notch
12-17-2007, 08:05 AM
So since I got back in town, I've been figuring out the new channels on the radio. I listened to the 96.5FM supertalk channel a few times, and I was amazed they let some of the douchebags on the air that they did.

I was flipping around this morning between commercials, and it's now a rock station. 96 Rock or something. I like talk in the morning, so I didn't listen for too long, but from what I could tell, they had a decent playlist so far. I don't remember the last time there were 3 rock stations in Cincy.

Just thought I'd mention it.

mach_u
12-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Well being the liberal hippy you are, I'm not surprised you didn't like it... ;) lol jfwy I was sad to see it go because of Dave Ramsey - I listened to him almost every day while driving for work.

Holly
12-17-2007, 08:49 AM
When I don't have a CD in (mainly Foo Fighters), I listen to 94.9. Not a lot of commercials, and they just rock!

Black Horse
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Bob and Tom in the morning! Nothing like laughing yourself silly befor your second cup of coffee! As for talk radio - if just one of the self appointed moral police would get up off their ass and go do something to make a change, I might listen. 96.5 rocks again...what goes around comes around! (Isn't that where Eddie Fingers got his start in radio on the old 96 rock?)

Paul408Notch
12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Bob and Tom in the morning! Nothing like laughing yourself silly befor your second cup of coffee!

Yeah, I pretty much just listen to them on the way into work. They crack me up. I liked listening to WEBN, but either they've gotten cheezy or my listening tastes have changed.

bobtsgt
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
B&T all the way!! Been a fan for the past 10 years

Maximus
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
B&T all the way!! Been a fan for the past 10 years

They like laughing at themselves alot.

I dunno, 94.9 is cool (when they arent palying Beastie Boys 200 times) WEBN would be cool,(if they change their format from ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, ONE new song and back to Led Zeppelin) 94.1 is now like 94.9. So I would say its nice to have a few Rock stations now instead of one.:bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
12-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Sirius.

347sc
12-17-2007, 10:15 AM
They like laughing at themselves alot.

Yes they do. I dont find them all that funny.

bestracing
12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
(Isn't that where Eddie Fingers got his start in radio on the old 96 rock?)

Yes with Mart Bender, The Bender and Fingers show....... Darn, I feel old now :o

cstreu1026
12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Sirius FTW! Between my iPod and Sirius I really don't have much use for regular radio except for the occassional traffic report.

Holly
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Sirius.

I have that free for one year in my new car, I doubt if I pay for another year, I don't get much use out of it. The only time I have really used it was driving to Vinny's moms for Thanksgiving. Heading back up there next week, so I guess I'll use it again, but other than that, I'd rather listen to CDs.

Paul408Notch
12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I love my Sirius, but I don't care for Stern that much, so I usually listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings. In the afternoon I listen to Jason Ellis on channel 28 as much as I can though. That guy cracks me up like no other. I catch myself saying "Bob's your uncle" all the time now.

Gene
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I can't stand Bob and Tom. I just don't find them particularly funny...never have.

I usually listen to Brian Thomas in the morning on 55KRC, and then WSWD, WOFX or WGRR during the day. I HATE modern hard rock, I prefer Indie/Alternative music or Classic Rock. I wish WOXY was still on the air (yeah, I know it's on HD, but I don't have that in my car). Personally, I'd be happy if there was a station that only played Alternative Rock from the 90s all day long...94.9 comes close enough for me. :)

Paul408Notch
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Personally, I'd be happy if there was a station that only played Alternative Rock from the 90s all day long...

Sirius 24 - Lithium

jrmylmach1
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Well being the liberal hippy you are, I'm not surprised you didn't like it... ;) lol jfwy I was sad to see it go because of Dave Ramsey - I listened to him almost every day while driving for work.

Yea, I listened to him also. Any idea where he will pop up next? If you hear, let us know.

Jeremy

Mista Bone
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
96 Rock changed over last Friday, dead air Thursady night @ 8 pm, their format is more like 94.9

Myself, I prefer WTUE 104.7 out of Dayton B&T in the morning, rock the rest of the time. Only station that plays 80's rock on a regular basis, plus some SRV.

NXcoupe
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I like 94.9, listen to it at the shop all day and then in my car too. I listen to B&T on the way into work on TUE, didn't like them years back, but they changed their format so they don't laugh continuously to fill in slow spots like they used to. Now there is usually someone talking through the laughing. I particularly like it when Drew Hastings is on or Tim Wilson. I get to laughing so hard sometimes I guess I should have pulled over.
I remember 96 rock, still have a sticker around somewhere. Nice if they come back with the same format.

5.0calypso93lx
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I love my Sirius, but I don't care for Stern that much, so I usually listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings. In the afternoon I listen to Jason Ellis on channel 28 as much as I can though. That guy cracks me up like no other. I catch myself saying "Bob's your uncle" all the time now.

I LOVE Jason Ellis. He cracks me up the whole way home. Other than that, all I listen to is Octane 20 all day.

5.0calypso93lx
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I have that free for one year in my new car, I doubt if I pay for another year, I don't get much use out of it. The only time I have really used it was driving to Vinny's moms for Thanksgiving. Heading back up there next week, so I guess I'll use it again, but other than that, I'd rather listen to CDs.

When I had sirius in my sentra(I took it out, because I have the original reciever which is huge, and it would not stay on my windshield, the suction cup bracket thing broke....), that was all I ever listened to. I listen to Octane 20 all day at work, I love pretty much everything they play besides rage against the machine and system of a down.

Brandon Alsept
12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't think I have listened to a FM channel in nearly 2.5 years thanks to Sirius LOL.

Usually Stern on the way to work, or some of the sports channels, then in the afternoon it is Bubba The Love Sponge, with a mix of 20 during breaks.

dedpedal
12-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Im in too much of a dead zone in the morning till after the first coffee so anything playing is just background noise. Since the big FCC thing with all the fines, radio has gotten lame in between the songs anyways.

PonymanfiveO
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Ellis Man!

Hes bad ass!

I need to rob my Sirius back out of my truck. I pay for it but dont get to listen to it ever. :(

92StangMan
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I haven't listened to the radio in almost a year because the music is too soft.

mustang8998
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I can't stand Bob and Tom. I just don't find them particularly funny...never have.

I usually listen to Brian Thomas in the morning on 55KRC...

WOW! Gene and I found common ground! :lol:

I'll part ways with you, on the old stuff. Been there, done that. I like to hear fresh music, usually rock, or country. In my travels, I've found ALOT of radio stations, that I really wish were in the Cincy area. But around here, it's always the same old crap.

BTW, I hate that John Phillips isn't with Brian now.