Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Steve Saleen Changes Direction... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steve Saleen Changes Direction...

mach_u
12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.autosavant.net/2007/06/steve-saleen-goes-in-different_09.html - Sellout! :rolleyes:

PonymanfiveO
12-16-2007, 12:07 PM
People only do things for money anymore.:(

Doing something for the love of it is long gone I guess.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Some people don't know a good thing when they've got it.

IWRBB
12-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I never understood the why anyone would want a Saleen anyways.

blueoval4ever
12-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Steve Saleen you're a sellout, burn in hell.

mustangboy
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Doing something for the love of it is long gone I guess.

I don't know about you but if someone was going to pay me a boatload of money(I don't know what they are paying him but I'm sure its a lot) to develop a performance car from scratch I don't think I would turn it down either. I don't see what people are making such a big deal about. Damn to say he's a sellout and to burn in hell are a bit extreme. Its not like he out mollesting children. He being paid to help establish a Chinese car company in America. What the hell is wrong with that. You never know they may end up making a decent car.:confused:

PonymanfiveO
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
If it was an exotic European car or even Japaneses auto make it would be different.

You'll probably be able to buy one of these in isle 4 of Wal-Mart. Next thing you know there wont be a Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Corvette. We'll have Kung-pow cars from China.

mustangboy
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
As long as Ford, Chevrolet and Chrysler continue to make cars people want they will be around. Competition is a good thing.;)

Sparky
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Bleh, more Chinese crap. I bet the dealerships will be at all Harbor Freight stores. Whores, nothing more than whores. Sell our useless throwaway crap and we'll finance a whole new sports car company for you. The thing is, people looking to save 50 cents will line up like lab rats to a feeder bar to buy the shit. Oh well, the united states of china be damned....

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Do a google search for Chinese crash test and see what you get. Those cars are made of aluminum foil. In most crash tests all occupants DIE. Saleen made or not, they're gonna be junk.

blueoval4ever
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't know about you but if someone was going to pay me a boatload of money(I don't know what they are paying him but I'm sure its a lot) to develop a performance car from scratch I don't think I would turn it down either. I don't see what people are making such a big deal about. Damn to say he's a sellout and to burn in hell are a bit extreme. Its not like he out mollesting children. He being paid to help establish a Chinese car company in America. What the hell is wrong with that. You never know they may end up making a decent car.:confused:

You're right, I was a little harsh on that. We should all sell our souls to China and help to put them one step closer to owning our country. It's greed that got us in the predicament we're in now any way with all the manufacturing jobs being shipped out to China isn't it? The fact that you could sit back and defend what he's doing puts you at about the same level as Steve Saleen the sell out.

BigBadStang
12-17-2007, 09:27 AM
how can you go from building a world class exotic, to pedaling this JUNK?
what an ass-hat.

Black Horse
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Saleen and Shelby....automotive whores of the highest extreme.

At least Shelby didn't sell his soul to help the Communists get a foothold in the US (yet).

Gene
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM
how can you go from building a world class exotic, to pedaling this JUNK?
what an ass-hat.

I think the term "World Class Exotic" is a bit of an overstatement.

Saleen and Shelby....automotive whores of the highest extreme.

At least Shelby didn't sell his soul to help the Communists get a foothold in the US (yet).

That's only because the Chinese haven't approached him with an offer, yet.

mach_u
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I think the term "World Class Exotic" is a bit of an overstatement.
What about the S7? :dunno:

Rick93coupe
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
What about the S7? :dunno:

Definitely a world class exotic.

jdubya
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe he's looking for a Challenge? I can't think of anything more difficult than trying to sell Chinese cars (I mean crap) in the US.

theyallslow
12-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I think any thing that come form china should have more Lead in it.

JonS
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I say no big loss. Saleens were always overrated in my opinion anyway.

blueoval4ever
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe he's looking for a Challenge? I can't think of anything more difficult than trying to sell Chinese cars (I mean crap) in the US.

Probably not, I think sparky probably hit the nail on the head.

The thing is, people looking to save 50 cents will line up like lab rats to a feeder bar to buy the shit.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I say no big loss. Saleens were always overrated in my opinion anyway.

Overpriced for sure. You can have the same performance for 20k less in a lightly modded Terminator. Exclusivity, yeah i guess but in the end it is still a Mustang.

02mingryGT
12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Saleen's and Roush's are road race cars. So for all out power your paying more money than the above example; lightly modded Terminator. Advantage is the Saleen or Roush owns that Terminator on a road course. Apples and oranges. Still way over-priced cars.

You would have to be stupid to buy anything Chinese these days. Imagine calling the customer support? " Ahhh, tough shit round eye."

Gene
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Saleen's and Roush's are road race cars. So for all out power your paying more money than the above example; lightly modded Terminator. Advantage is the Saleen or Roush owns that Terminator on a road course. Apples and oranges. Still way over-priced cars.

Road Race cars? HA!

The suspension "upgrades" on Saleens and Roushs are good for just about nothing on a track. They give a stiffer ride that feels "sporty", but is still a street car/boulevard pimp suspension. I would take a lightly modded Terminator over a Saleen as a track car any day of the week.

IWRBB
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Racecraft = Yellow spray paint and stickers.

02mingryGT : Comparing a Saleen to the Terminator? Please. Have you driven each one?

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
I guess i could agree with the road race comment, except you can just take part of the 20k you saved and spend 5k on a Maximum Motorsports kit or call up Griggs and turn your car into a real road car. All i'm saying is for the 50k or so that you'll spend on the Saleen, there's nothing you can't have with a Cobra except for the Saleen name plate, and you can have it for less.

blueoval4ever
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Road Race cars? HA!

The suspension "upgrades" on Saleens and Roushs are good for just about nothing on a track. They give a stiffer ride that feels "sporty", but is still a street car/boulevard pimp suspension. I would take a lightly modded Terminator over a Saleen as a track car any day of the week.
Take it for what it's worth coming from a show that doesn't even know what engine the Shelby has or the difference between RWHP and Crank HP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6SClLdW4A

02mingryGT
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Road Race cars? HA!

Well if you only bought the "Stage 1" package then I'd agree with you. If you bought the "all out"(highest stage available) package then I'd disagree. I am sure that when Saleen was winning races in his Saleens that package was available to the general public. That is what I'm speaking of. Most people wouldn't go that extreme.

Regardless I would never buy one.

02mingryGT
12-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I guess i could agree with the road race comment, except you can just take part of the 20k you saved and spend 5k on a Maximum Motorsports kit or call up Griggs and turn your car into a real road car. All i'm saying is for the 50k or so that you'll spend on the Saleen, there's nothing you can't have with a Cobra except for the Saleen name plate, and you can have it for less.

Totally agree with that. I'm not defending them just was pointing out that they are setup different so it's hardly worth comparing to a high horsepower car. I was thinking stock Cobra.

Gene
12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Well if you only bought the "Stage 1" package then I'd agree with you. If you bought the "all out"(highest stage available) package then I'd disagree. I am sure that when Saleen was winning races in his Saleens that package was available to the general public. That is what I'm speaking of. Most people wouldn't go that extreme.

There is very little in common with the Saleen race cars and the street cars. Even the top-spec Saleen street cars still had the crap "Racecraft" suspension on them.

The only thing close to the race cars that Saleen offered for the street was the SR, which was a $150,000+ car that was barely a Mustang anymore. I'm not even sure if they actually sold any of them.

FWIW, I think that Saleens are good-looking cars. The 1996 S351 is second only to the 1995 Cobra R as far as my dream Mustangs. But if I bought an S351, it would be getting a full Griggs or Maximum suspension package put on it so it could actually go around corners.