Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rooster Challenge? (Bullrun style) [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Challenge? (Bullrun style)

ITLLFLI
12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Anybody hear of this?

I just registered for the forums today. Seems to be very interesting!:D

www.roosterchallenge.com

Stang849
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
A friend of mine is putting it on, I plan on running it.

Evil_Capri
12-11-2007, 06:57 AM
That's cool! I have interest in running as well . . .

Signed up for the forum and downloaded the registration packet, just needing to confirm dates.

pegasus
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
its bull shit you have to be 21
5 months and a few days

theyallslow
12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
looks like fun. but i dont have $300 to just blow.

pegasus
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM

i do give me your ID i can dye my hair and i wont have to worry about speeding tickets

theyallslow
12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
i do give me your ID i can dye my hair and i wont have to worry about speeding tickets

sounds good to me.:bigthumb

Waffles
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm Team Hardcore, car 01. Still vetting co-drivers but I'll definately be runnin this one! There are likely some guys from the Northern KY F-Body Assoc. running also, if they don't back out after seeing the competition lol

Seriously though, I've talked to a lot of people that just feel they'll get blown away if they enter. What you have to remember is that there are a lot more factors to this than speed. It's a matter of strategy, navigation, fuel economy, planning, not getting speeding tickets (that'll really slow you down!) and lastly speed. The checkpoints won't be made available to anyone until the morning of the rally.

Waffles
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM

Each team can have 2 sponsors, as long as they don't conflict with event sponsors. I know there are a few event sponsors in the works but haven't been let out of the bag yet... this means the field is wide open. I'm getting one sponsor to cover my entry, and another to cover gas for the event. Keep in mind that 1st will pay out something between $3000-10,000 depending on sponsor contributions. 2nd and 3rd will pay out also, but the amounts haven't been decided.

Evil_Capri
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm Team Hardcore, car 01. Still vetting co-drivers but I'll definately be runnin this one! There are likely some guys from the Northern KY F-Body Assoc. running also, if they don't back out after seeing the competition lol

Seriously though, I've talked to a lot of people that just feel they'll get blown away if they enter. What you have to remember is that there are a lot more factors to this than speed. It's a matter of strategy, navigation, fuel economy, planning, not getting speeding tickets (that'll really slow you down!) and lastly speed. The checkpoints won't be made available to anyone until the morning of the rally.

I am 90% set on entering. I emailed and am awaiting my verification for the forum. I too am vetting co-drivers.

This will be my first road rally, and I am competing more for fun this first time. Not looking to set the roads ablaze in the Mach. Alex Roy I am not! :coo1::bigthumb

I also have a friend who I think is going to enter with his GTO.

ffmueller81
12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I might get the car out of the garage for this one. I have been trolling on their board hoping to see some more recent activity before I persue anymore.....

Gene
12-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm interested in this, most likely in the 911.

Anyone know the real first name of the guy putting this thing on? I'd be interested in interviewing him for an article on my site, and possibly being somewhat of an event sponsor (depending on terms, of course).

Xuzhu
12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Im gonna do what I can to get in on this, and assuming I do, I'll be doing the event on one tank of gas :D Less stops = more win!

Waffles
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Gene.... drop me a Private Message. I can put you in touch, and I'm sure both guys would be interested.

Gene
12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Gene.... drop me a Private Message. I can put you in touch, and I'm sure both guys would be interested.

PM Sent.

Evil_Capri
12-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Hardcore could you do me a favor? Since you are already posting on the Rooster forum, could you ask carwash or whomever to approve my account? I emailed him as well, and haven't received his repsonse email. I am under the same screen name.

If it is a problem, no worries I can wait.

Thanks in advance. :bigthumb

Waffles
12-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, sorry I didn't see this until now and I've seen your account has already been taken care of over there. This rally should be a ton of fun. They started to organize for an event early this year (2007) but found they didn't give themselves enough time so it was put off till 2008. I actually bought my Cobra with this rally in mind. I'm definitely pumped up about it as I see things come together. I'm still vetting co-drivers, I just used someone for "filler" for now because you HAVE to have a co-driver already selected and signed on the forms to enter.

Evil_Capri
12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey, sorry I didn't see this until now and I've seen your account has already been taken care of over there. This rally should be a ton of fun. They started to organize for an event early this year (2007) but found they didn't give themselves enough time so it was put off till 2008. I actually bought my Cobra with this rally in mind. I'm definitely pumped up about it as I see things come together. I'm still vetting co-drivers, I just used someone for "filler" for now because you HAVE to have a co-driver already selected and signed on the forms to enter.

No worries, I'm active now on the Rooster forum as you mentioned.

I am vetting co-drivers as well, but not for to much longer. Should have my registration filled out and money sent after the first of the year!