Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
how to carpet some steps(procedures) [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to carpet some steps(procedures)

plated
12-09-2007, 10:00 AM
i'm wanting to carpet my basement steps,what would be the procedures be?staple? is there a glue? would i use padding?i only have 13 steps to do? my obiese dog looks like a deer on ice going up and down them? can someone fill me in or give me some pointers please thanx........................

MADMOD
12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Talk to Dave....95Turbocharged. I am pretty sure he does this for a living:D

Holly
12-09-2007, 11:41 AM
my obiese dog looks like a deer on ice going up and down them?

:rofl:

I am sitting here laughing out loud, because I have seen it in person! Poor ole Shell, she needs some carpeting to make her trek up and down the stairs a lot easier. I love that dog! No kidding, she's my favorite dog I have ever encountered (outside the family's dogs). I don't get over to Chris and Robin's a lot (I will now that they live 6.0 miles from me!), but she always remembers me when I stop over. She used to scare the shiznit out of me!

PaulFiveOh
12-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Are they Pie (boxed in) or open?

stangman_5
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
If you just wanted carpet for the dog I would paint the steps and tack (staple) some runners in the middle for your dog. It would be pretty cheap and effective. I do carpet for a living with jesse's dad and we do things like that all you time but it is one of the easy things anyone could do.

DeckerEnt
12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
You can buy runner by the foot and then just staple it down. Turn it under at the top and bottom for a finished look. Get fairly long staples.
Keith

mustang8998
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Keith and Chris, have the right idea, for a cheap and easy fix.

I would first make sure all the treads were good and tight. If they are just nailed, you might want to screw them down.

plated
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks all, this staple gun has became my best friend around the house,i'm just walking around the house looking for something else to staple :bigthumb