Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Possible Identity Theft [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Possible Identity Theft

Black92LX
12-08-2007, 03:32 PM
So I got me an insurance cancellation letter in the mail today.
I have had an automatic deduction for my insurance for almost 2 years now.
So I get my cancellation notice and I am reading it.
Well it seems as if someone has posed as me changed my bank account information because the insurance company says the automatic withdraw was returned for lack of funds in the account. Well there is far more in the account then the premium and has been all month. So I continue to scan down the letter, hmmmmmm that's odd the bank information is not my banking information.
I continue reading my policy cancelation to find that since my October Payment I have since gained a wife and a home owners policy!!!!!!!!

So needless to say I have no idea what is going on and won't be able to figure it out until monday.

stroked4eyes
12-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the wife and the new home...the rest kinda sucks.

Sharad
12-08-2007, 05:25 PM
very scary! I have something similar going on... someone filed a change of address to my address and put the cable bill for my address in their name. Seems harmless... but I think it's part of a setup. I've talked to the police and my bank about it.

mustang8998
12-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I feel for the idiot, if you figure out who did this.

No, wait, I really hope you find them! And you are the one, who gets to arrest them. I bet they fall down alot, on there way to jail!

Good luck man.

DeckerEnt
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Is there a way to find this person's address through the insurance company? They have to have the vin for the car and with that you could get an address and pay him a visit.
Go get em!!!
Keith

Black92LX
12-08-2007, 11:44 PM
that's the part i don't understand.
They changed the bank account to one not being mine, but kept my vehicles on the insurance and added a homeowners policy and added a female to the policy aswell.

i am hoping it's just some incorrect data entry but we'll find out monday i guess.

Pops Fun
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi
Let's hope it is something simple...

Black92LX
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
just got back from the agents office.

Nothing more than a data entry error.

cstreu1026
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Well thats good to hear. I am sure the other person will be thrilled to hear they didn't try to steal the identity of a LEO.

Holly
12-10-2007, 02:15 PM
just got back from the agents office.

Nothing more than a data entry error.

Good to hear!

I had a "scare" last week. I got a statement from Chase Visa saying I owed them, I haven't used my credit card in almost a year. So I called them, turns out Fredericks of Hollywood added me to some stupid "club" they have that charges $69.99 a year, and they took it off my Visa card, I was LIVID! They gave it back, but I still had to pay a late charge on it, because I didn't pay attention to the first email notice I got, because I knew I had not charged anything! They said when I ordered stuff (online) it automatically signed me up for this club. Last time I ordered from them was October 2006.

She said "this won't happen again, we have put that you declined to be part of the club". I said "damn straight it won't happen again, I learned my lesson, I will NEVER order from Fredericks again!". :flipoff:

Is there still a Fredericks in Tri-County? :confused:

bestracing
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Well thats good to hear. I am sure the other person will be thrilled to hear they didn't try to steal the identity of a LEO.

+1 That could have been messy

Greg Seibert
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Is there still a Fredericks in Tri-County? :confused:

We want pics!:lol:

mustang8998
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Glad it worked out for you. :bigthumb

I bet though, you'd still like to make someone "fall down", for causing all the stress for the weekend. ;)

mustanginky
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
man that is a good resolution to the problem though. luckily it worked out well

Sharad
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
good resolution here too... sort of. Just found out they built a house the next road over from me with the same house number. They're on Wind Chime, I'm on Wind Song. Their house is LITERALLY a stone's throw from my house. I'd say we'll be getting a LOT of mail mixups.