Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Snow [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Steves LX
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
So they say snow is coming tonight and you can definitely tell it by the look of the grocery stores. I went to Krogers in Loveland earlier and the people in their were stocking up like its White Death thats coming. Milk, bread, water, salt for the ice etc.... I know I am leaving super early for work tomorrow so I dont get stuck with all the idots out there that hit their brakes every 20 feet and go sliding all over the place. The ones that really get me are the idiots that will be moving along just fine and then as they are crossing bridges and overpasses slam on their brakes and they wonder why they slide all over.

S197GT
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
time to get the sled and huskies out!! its gonna be another fun winter!!!

facemelter71
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Shit,my daily driver is a 89 coupe.Im gonna have fun.:dummy:

347sc
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I dont get the "Have to go clean out the store" mentality. Its not like we will snowed in for weeks. Hell I bet it will be melted in 2 days anyway.

My daily driver is a 91 GT with h/c/i and blower. I see me driving up 75 in the snow.lol

Paul408Notch
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I LOVE the snow. I'm so happy to be back and be able to play in it.

Holly
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont get the "Have to go clean out the store" mentality. Its not like we will snowed in for weeks. Hell I bet it will be melted in 2 days anyway.

Me either Bo! Luckily I can walk to the local grocery if something like that happens, but I never ever run to the store when they say it's going to snow, half the time (more than half), it doesn't happen anyway!

I am backing the Charger in the garage tonight, and hoping I can get out of my driveway in the morning (if you have seen my driveway, you understand the "hoping" part). If not, I guess I'll wait for my brother and/or my friends that work for the Village of New Richmond to come by and shovel the snow and salt the driveway. This is bringing back bad memories already......

I LOVE the snow. I'm so happy to be back and be able to play in it.

I bet you are ready for some snow for a change! I do like it (especially this time of year), I just wish I didn't have to go out in it. I like sitting at home watching it snow wrapped in a blanket with my kitty cats on my lap.

auto alchemist
12-04-2007, 05:12 PM
time to get the sled and huskies out!! its gonna be another fun winter!!!

haha, for some reason every year since i was 16 i always end up having to drive a tbird all winter.

i think i might have more luck this winter though, my newest tbird has limited slip and new tires!! :pump: lol

Jeff88coupe
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM
They are only forcasting 1-2" by tommorrow afternoon..but you would think we are getting a blizzard by watching the news and the way they are pretreating the roads. Heck..they even pretreated the street going threw our neighborhood. I'm sure I'll be fine with my beater honda....if we actually get a decent amount I can always take the duramax (4x4). I never understood the rush to the grocery store for bread,milk, and eggs....i guess people like french toast when they are snowed in at home. I go to get beer and nachos myself :)

Johnson1134
12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah winter storm advisory for 1-2''??????wtf...

Kelly Pelrine
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Ill be thinkin bout you guys from sunny florida, i leave tonite hahahaha! :tongue2:

When i lived in North Carolina, it snowed maybe 4 inches and they closed schools for like 4 days. It was hysterical. same thing with the super markets, everything was gone i was like WTF its just a little snow???

untamed
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeh the Stang is going nighty night! She won't be out of the garage until the snow is gone. I do drive it in the winter but NOT when there is snow on the roads. I guess I will be sporting the LeBaron for the next few days. Gee.... I can't wait. Oh well I guess it's better than putting the stang in the ditch. Everyone be careful and get where your going safely!

stangman_5
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I like the snow...I just got the jeep all ready for the winter I am just waiting.

Ryan218
12-04-2007, 05:51 PM
im not looking foward to driving to school wensday for sure...1-4 inches

ibstrokin
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
They are claiming 2-4"'s in Dayton. I like snow, but I work for at&t, climbing telephone poles in the winter can be a pain in the butt.

bobtsgt
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
my tires are pumped and i'm ready for some snow drifting

firestang70
12-04-2007, 06:23 PM
my tires are pumped and i'm ready for some snow drifting
Right on brother. The Neon is itching for the snow.

DeckerEnt
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I love when it snows. The first snow every year since 16 years old, I hit an open parking lot and play. Everyone should do it. Maybe you will learn what to do in a slide so as not to hit me out there.
Then I go home and relax in my hot tub in the back yard.
Keith

93hulk
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
They are claiming 2-4"'s in Dayton. I like snow, but I work for at&t, climbing telephone poles in the winter can be a pain in the butt.

The Plow King is ready! Ive been getting all the trucks ready for tonight. Time to make some money.:D

mach_u
12-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm not a fan of winter because I can't stand the cold but the worst is dealing with stupid friggin drivers that can't drive for crap! On a side though, I wonder if Union Township's finest has changed their opinion on me car sledding($10 plastic sled + 25ft of rope + beater and a buddy to drive.. hehe) around Eastgate Best Buy's parking lot like I did a few years back! :lol:

e5shea
12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Back in 2004 we had 27 inches in Huber Heights in a day and half. Immobilized me for maybe 18-24 hours....hardly enough to kill somebody of starvation. I should have fun in my daily driver...my 3000 lbs. '03 GT with bald tires in the rear.

MrsAPE
12-05-2007, 07:13 AM
4 wheel drive here for DD. Bring it on. Kids are on a 2 hour delay. grrrrr.
I like snow. Like to play in it. But truly, 2 weeks of snow is enough!! Then I'm ready for spring.

Keith..my dad took me to a parking lot when I got my license to teach me to do donuts he said. In truth, it was learning about handling the car. Yep, I'll be taking mine our if she ever gets the grades to get her license!!

Be safe all!!

dedpedal
12-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Finaly after two years of owning an awdpos, I get to actualy drive it in the snow. It had better live up to its reputation or I might cut it into little pieces and mail it back to the manufactor.

Everybody be safe out there and avoid idiots.

mach_u
12-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I have to drive to Dayton for a job today. Not really looking forward to it. All the idiots mean it's going to take me twice as long to get there! :(

DeckerEnt
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Got the kids to school today with no problems at all. No delay or anything. I hate scraping the driveway though.
Keith

cstreu1026
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Well I started out in the white neon on all season tires and made it about a mile from my house ans decided it sucked. I also realized I forgot my cell phones when I changed coats after getting soaking wet trying to clean off the car. I went home got my phone cleared off the SRT4 which has snow tires on it and headed south. The roads in northern Warren county SUCKED. I almost spun out in Waynesville. Here in Mason though the roads are mostly wet with just a little bit of slush.

bobtsgt
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I was getting the Explorer sideways (on purpose) saw about 5 near misses and 3 ditched cars. And that was before I got to 275. All the main highways were pretty clear.

Holly
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
People will use any excuse in the book to be late for work, ridiculous! Hardly anybody is here, and the roads aren't even bad, I'd hate to see if we really got some significant snowfall! It's worse out my way (east), I'd say we have 3 inches on the ground, 52 is a skating rink, but I just drove slow and made it here in 45 minutes (ON TIME I MIGHT ADD!).

Steves LX
12-05-2007, 08:53 AM
S.R. 32 was snow covered from adams county to williamsburg. I was cruising right along in the F150 and then I hit the cluster of traffic up by Batavia. It took me a little over an hour to go from Batavia to Loveland. Idiots driving 10-30 MPH and the streets up that way were clear and just wet. I was cruising 50- 60 MPH all the way up 32 in 4 wheel on completely snow covered roads until then. I know I sat on Batavia hill for a 1/2 hour just creeping on a wet road. People kill me the way they drive sometimes.

Black Horse
12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Happy "White Death Wednesday"!

dawsin94cobra
12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
well my 4x4 battery went dead over night and i drove the stang today... i mean i had to go slow and take off really easy, but driving it wasent the smartest idea.

MrsAPE
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Mustangs truly are sleds with wheels in snow.
Mines a topless model. :D But then so are sleds. :cool1:

MrsAPE
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I have to drive to Dayton for a job today. Not really looking forward to it. All the idiots mean it's going to take me twice as long to get there! :(

You be careful!!

mach_u
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
You be careful!!
Thanks! Took me two hours to get up here! Roads are worse up here than back down in Cincinnati, that's for sure. Creeping through an industrial park to get to our client, I lightly tapped the brakes and slid my focus right into the curb! lol No damage though but man was it slick!

bobtsgt
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
damn you can't even handle a 60hp focus. how in the world do you drive a mustang :D For some reason I remember the words ( curb ) and ( Mach ) in my mind :lol:

Slow9023
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I thought it was going to be worse than it was when I woke up and saw nothing but white outside. Honestly wasn't that bad once I got to the main roads.

I did see one mustang get stuck sideways on a hill going up. They had stopped for some reason and when starting to climb back up went right into the curb. Very amusing.

Xuzhu
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I had to work til 3am last night, it started about 11 and nothing happened up until 2:30 (I take alot of smoke breaks!) Then at 3 when I was leaving the ground was covered...sure tricked me lol, I thought we were gonna get away from it all.

bascom123
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I cant get over how when it snows here peoples brains dis-engage! I am from a much colder northern climate and this is not snow, this is a dusting.

i guess it would help if folks drove on something other then bald tires.

I have to say though i dont miss my 04 GT in the snow, the VW is much more user freindly. I save the mustang and Firebird for the summer :)

KenB
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone know someone on the eastside with a red T/A?

It's amazing I didn't total our van into him. He was getting on the highway at beechmont (I think). I say him coming and thought he was going to fast. He lost it merging and started spinning right in front of me. Had to slam on the brakes and dive right. Got about halfway past him and had to nail it or he would have gotten the rear of the van. He came to a stop in the middle of the highway. I think all he lost was the bumper.

bobtsgt
12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
no idea but I'm glad I went the backway down to the river. I got on Beechmont this morning at 7AM and it was crawling by my house in Amelia.

mach_u
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
damn you can't even handle a 60hp focus. how in the world do you drive a mustang :D For some reason I remember the words ( curb ) and ( Mach ) in my mind :lol:
I will fight you, seriously... http://www.fomfracing.com/forums/images/smilies/ninjabattle.gif :lol:

bobtsgt
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
oh bring it :D

Holly
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
It's amazing I didn't total our van into him. He was getting on the highway at beechmont (I think). I say him coming and thought he was going to fast. He lost it merging and started spinning right in front of me. Had to slam on the brakes and dive right. Got about halfway past him and had to nail it or he would have gotten the rear of the van. He came to a stop in the middle of the highway. I think all he lost was the bumper.

Damn Ken, sounds like you had a close call! Glad you are okay. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me Thanksgiving Eve, I had just gotten on 77 North (heading to Canton to stay with Vinny's mom - driving alone) and the car in front of me lost control and started fishtailing (it was POURING and foggy). I swerved to miss them (left) and ended up in the median (not on the grass, but in the side lane there) - I jerked the wheel and got right back on the road (that's when I realized I'm going to like owning an all wheel drive car). She ended up hitting the guardrail, then the car flipped. :( If I wasn't paying attention, I would have been right in the middle of that mess. I was shaking, I was so upset. By the time I realized what had just happened, it was too late to stop unless I turned around at the next exit and came back. I saw people stopping to help them (car was laying in the middle of the road upside down). I got online and read in the paper the next day that it was two college girls heading home for Thanksgiving, but they were both okay, Thank God. I was still shaking by the time I got to Canton 45 minutes later, it was like watching something out of a movie.

REDHOTGTGIRL
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
That's crazy Holly, I would have been upset too! Glad they were okay. Today was the first trip out in the snow in the Aveo. It did pretty well, but it's hard to say because the roads I took to work were pretty clear. Took me an extra half hour or so to get to work because everyone was going slower, but it wasn't too bad. I swear 275 by Five Mile Rd was covered in ice...the car felt like is was sliding a lot until I crossed into Clermont County where the roads were mostly just wet. I don't like winter...don't like snow or being cold. I don't like driving in snow, but I do it when I have to. Maybe I should move south...

Holly
12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Maybe I should move south...

Don't think I haven't thought about it before, but I actually like the snow (just hate driving in it and encountering the idiots that can't drive in it). My brother moved to Ft. Lauderdale back in 1985, he STILL misses living up here (he has his own landscaping business in Florida and wouldn't ever make that kind of money up here).

There's nothing better than being at home (with plenty of food and drinks) and just watching it snow, knowing you don't have to drive anywhere. I'm hoping for one or two of those kind of days on my Christmas vacation!

I figured your Aveo would be awesome in the snow. At least you don't have to worry about your daily driver being a mustang Rachel. ;)

When is the match-up between Bob and AJ? :lol:

REDHOTGTGIRL
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I couldn't move away and leave my family, that's what is most important. Plus the changing seasons are nice. I'm with you, I don't mind the snow if I can stay home and wrap up in a blanket with some coffee. I've been here my whole life and our winters aren't bad by comparison. I think Aveo will be fine in the snow, which is super cool. It helps me relax and feel better about driving in the snow. I had a mustang as a daily driver for a long time and I hated driving it in the snow. I am so long forward to my Christmas vacation...I have the whole week between Christmas and New Years off, that will be great. I wouldn't mind a white Christmas.

There's always some kind of banter between AJ and Bob...it's what they do. LOL

Holly
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I have the whole week between Christmas and New Years off, that will be great.

Ditto! 11 days off (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2 - woo hoo!). I saved my vacation days this year, it was hard, but I did it. They gave me almost a month off when Vinny passed away, plus a week for my cruise in June, so I didn't think I was going to get my usual Christmas vacation, but I am, and it is MUCH needed. ;)

Carl
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I want snow...:(

02mingryGT
12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I started my new job today but didn't have any problems really. I do see Hamilton is holding up their annual tradition of not treating any roads at all or at least that's what it seems like. My mustang will be in the garage for the rest of the winter because of the salt. Unless it rains and washes it off the roads. My winter vehicle is a 4wd Blazer that i picked up for 700 dollars about a year and a half ago. Damn thing does great. And it's a Chevy. Can't hardly believe that.

02mingryGT
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Supposed to snow again tonight, 1-3 with ice on top. Be safe all.