Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
5.0 tensioner pulley [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 tensioner pulley

auto alchemist
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
ok so my car just started making this wierd rattling noise(93tbird, 5.0HO), and it seems to be coming from the tensioner pulley (near the alternator), and i noticed the belt is walking back and forth across the pulley quite a bit, so i was wondering about how long do i have till it breaks and spits the belt out on the road? lol

and does anyone have a pulley and bracket assembly close to the englewood/dayton area that they would sell me?

dedpedal
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
ok so my car just started making this wierd rattling noise(93tbird, 5.0HO), and it seems to be coming from the tensioner pulley (near the alternator), and i noticed the belt is walking back and forth across the pulley quite a bit, so i was wondering about how long do i have till it breaks and spits the belt out on the road? lol

and does anyone have a pulley and bracket assembly close to the englewood/dayton area that they would sell me?

Take the beltoff and find out whats bad. It could be any of the pulleys or accesories.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Mine blew apart at about 5k...the pulley actually came off the bearings that it spins on, and amazingly the belt stayed on and was running on the case bearing and didn't shread the belt or anything. I got LUCKY. You could always pull the belt off and start it up for a second to see if it's really a pulley or something else.