Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91lxnos
12-02-2007, 12:51 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb

wes 89 gt
12-02-2007, 01:04 AM
hell yea!!!! this football season is crazy, i didnt think missouri and west virgina would lose. lol

ibstrokin
12-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, that's awesome, who would have thought

Rustanggt98
12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
:squirt:the BCS is dumber than trying to run 30lbs of boost on a stock 5.0L block. OSU is going to snake their way into the national championship game after 6 teams lose without even playing a game, season over for weeks. fuggin ghey

LSU vs. USC would actually be a game i would watch
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=3273&action=1&question24292=97186&question24293=97188&question24294=97192&question24295=97197&question24296=97208&question24297=97213&question24298=97216&question24299=97218&question24300=97219&question24301=97221

mustangboy
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
OSU sucks!! They would have had their asses handed to them in the SEC.:D

02mingryGT
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM
The SEC is a very good conference but still over-rated. LSU isn't that good of a team. They lost to two non-ranked teams and almost lose to two others. OSU will beat whomever they play in the championship. i was surprised West Virginia lost. Missouri wasn't that big of a surprise considering they had lost to Chokahoma earlier in the year.

As for you Kentucky fans, don't worry there's always horse racing.

cstreu1026
12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
OSU sucks!! They would have had their asses handed to them in the SEC.:D

amen to that. OSU can fall in a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose. They are going to end up in the game for the national title by pure luck. If 3 and 4 move up it looks as if OSU and Georgia will be playing for the title so we can see if OSU can actually beat a SEC team.

Xowner
12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
As for you Kentucky fans, don't worry there's always horse racing.

LMAO!!!!:chicken::chicken:

stroked4eyes
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
amen to that. OSU can fall in a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose. They are going to end up in the game for the national title by pure luck. If 3 and 4 move up it looks as if OSU and Georgia will be playing for the title so we can see if OSU can actually beat a SEC team.

They won't play GA...they couldn't even win their half of the SEC. At least OSU won their conference. They will probably play LSU(the most overrated team in the most overrated conference)

Jeff88coupe
12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
They won't play GA...they couldn't even win their half of the SEC. At least OSU won their conference. They will probably play LSU(the most overrated team in the most overrated conference)

This sounds like a broken record from last year by all the OSU fans....um...remember florida? Heck...nobody gave UF a chance against OSU. I hope LSU plays OSU in the title game. It should actually be a good game.

RIXXX93GT
12-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Pure luck...cm on Cameron, your just a hater...probably a closet Michigan fan. The other teams had their chance and all blew it. Looks like the college football scene has allot more parity this year than most. The Bucks lose one game to a team that was no slouch and you call it luck that they are in the championship game? Lets hear all the excuses for the other teams and how they should be in the game....know one deserves it anymore than the Buckeyes period! Nobody was a clear cut dominant force this year face it. They win their division, beat Michigan again. The fact that they are done playing is actually a negative in my eyes. Look how long these guys will be off before the big game.

cstreu1026
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I call it luck because they don't play a conference Championship, they play a cup cake like Kent State half way through October when most other teams in are fully into conference play, and they are one of the two most OVER RATED teams of college football (OSU and USC) and they play in the most over-rated conference. I can't wait to see what excuses the OSU fans can come up with this year when they loose the championship again.

And with that I am done arguing sports because I don't really give two shits.

Oh yeah. I am not a closet Michigan fan.....I am a closet Louisville fan but don't tell my wife that.

Jeff88coupe
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Looks like OSU and LSU in the BCS title game. Damm near gonna be a home game for LSU.

Rustanggt98
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Looks like OSU and LSU in the BCS title game. Damm near gonna be a home game for LSU.

let the excuses begin :lol::bigthumb

WCKDGT
12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
that is bullshit it should be played at a neutral site

Rustanggt98
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM

That has been the predetermined "Neutral" site since the beginning of the year. all you OSU fans shouldn't have anything to bitch about, you already had a bakers dozen worth of teams choke that were ranked ahead of you, hell freeze over, every star in the solar system align, and luck out that 3 of the top 9 ranked teams had to play each other AFTER your season had already ended due to their conference not being a bunch of pansies and actually playing a championship game to see who is the best team at the end of the season.:HYF:

Rich
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Ohio State did play in a "Conference Championship" game. It was played in Ann Arbor...winner wins the Big 10.

Did Ohio State have anything to do with the other teams "choking"? Maybe, just maybe, those other teams were a bit overrated.

Rustanggt98
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Ohio State did play in a "Conference Championship" game. It was played in Ann Arbor...winner wins the Big 10.

Not exactly my definition of a conference championship game, but i guess you can spin it how ever you want. If OSU and Michigan were each 0-10 heading into that game would it have been the championship game you speak of? or just a regualar season game that has ALWAYS been played at the end of every season because it is a rivalry game and not because it just so happened to work out to be the two teams with the best records in the ever weakening, we can lose to a D-1AA team at homeand still play for a league championship, regular season game?? :dunno:
live it up, and keep thinking the buckeyes "earned" another shot at being humiliated on national tv yet again.......but hey, you've already got that covered, it was a home game for LSU :lol:

Rich
12-03-2007, 12:32 AM
First of all...

Losing to a non conference team has zero to do with winning a conference championship, regardless of division or where it's played.

Secondly,

If OSU would have lost to Michigan, They would be playing in the Citrus Bowl, as they would have been the 3rd place B10 team.

It's not OSU's "fault" that they are playing in the BCS championship game. They are the only BCS conference champion that had 1 loss.

I would say that OSU earned a shot. I'm not saying they are the best team in the country...hell, I'm not sure there is a "best" team this year. That's exactly why the BCS and college football are in the situation they are in.

Don't let a single bad game last year completely influence what you think a team is capable of. Florida won last year and played the absolute best game in the history of their program. They were the "perfect storm". That was the worst performance I've seen from OSU since the 1999 season against Miami. But, that was last season...

I think you will be surprised at what OSU puts on the field. The real down side...a freaking home game for LSU. I would love to have this game in Cincy or Cleveland.

Rustanggt98
12-03-2007, 01:14 AM
. The real down side...a freaking home game for LSU. I would love to have this game in Cincy or Cleveland.

Damm near gonna be a home game for LSU.
sorry jeff, don't wanna lump you in as it seems you are unbiased but it proves my point

:lol: i can see what the crowd favorite is going to be

cstreu1026
12-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I don't think OSU earned a damn thing. They played in a WEAK conference this year and were handed a spot in the national championship. If there conference was half as competitive as the SEC, Big East, ACC, etc. were this year they would have had more than one loss.

Rich
12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Big East, ACC...seriously?

By the way, what was the B10 against the SEC last year in bowl games? What has the B10 been against the SEC in Bowl games since the inception of the BCS?

You might find these two answers interesting...

Rich
12-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think OSU earned a damn thing. They played in a WEAK conference this year and were handed a spot in the national championship. If there conference was half as competitive as the SEC, Big East, ACC, etc. were this year they would have had more than one loss.

How was it handed to them when the teams in front of them lost...twice? Its not like the bcs/ncaa jumped OSU over teams in front of them...when they won.

Jeff88coupe
12-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Big East, ACC...seriously?

By the way, what was the B10 against the SEC last year in bowl games?

You might find these two answers interesting...

Well...in the one that counted...um SEC 1 B10 0

I personally hate the BCS bowl system. I wish they could figure out a way to make a 8 team playoff system work...but it's never been about the teams...it's all about the $$$$.

cstreu1026
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Many conferences this year were WAY more competitive than the Big 10. Yes the big ten schools have a long standing tradition of being good at football, but this year it was a weak conference. What makes OSU more desrveing to be number one than say Hawaii which is undefeated and whose quaterback hold something like 25 NCAA records?

Paul408Notch
12-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Jesus people... You just don't let up. I've been an OSU fan since I was 11, which is when my dad took me to my first game at the Shoe, and I've NEVER been a sore loser, or a sore winner for that matter. I just don't get how people rip on the team so badly, when in no way is it their fault that they made it to the NC game. Yes, they were manhandled last year, and they admit it 100%, but every good team loses a big game sometimes. Look at USC/Texas a few years ago.

There were some cocky fans last year, and it sucks that they were probably the most vocal of all, but most OSU fans are just like any other fans. They love their team, root for them no matter what, and are going to be biased in some way or another. Will any of them talk as badly about LSU's chances as they did about Florida's? They shouldn't, but they probably will. It's how some people take being fans. It's just that cycle.

I really don't get why people hate on OSU so badly. They're a good team that goes out and plays well every (or almost every) week. The team isn't picking their own schedule, and they don't talk trash about ANY opponent, so why blame them for it? I've heard Cameron say he hates them because OSU fans buy lots of apparel when they won the NC game in 02, but pretty much every team sells lots of apparel when they win games.

Did they luck into the NC game? Yup. Will LSU win? There's a good chance. Will LSU embarass them like FL did? Damn I hope not. It's just how the system goes, and I guess that's why I'll have to see threads like these on just about every site I visit for the next month and a half.

cstreu1026
12-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Paul if all OSU fans were like you I could like them. However, its been a year of coulda, shoulda, woulda from my wife's co-workers, my coworkers and other fans I know. I have heard ever excuse possible for loosing to Florida. It seems to me that most OSU will never admit that Florida was a better team.

RIXXX93GT
12-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I admit that they were a better team. Yes some "fans" jumped on the bandwagon. BUt you also have to remember where you live. YOu will get allot of fan support from people who dont really follow football just because of the state loyalty. It comes with the territory when you live in a BUckeye state and "HATE" the home team. OSU is not a dominant team this year but they do deserve to be in the championship game as much as anybody else. As far as excuses thats kinda funny, I have to listen to that crap from every football fan.

Rich
12-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I just want someone to explain how OSU "lucked" into the game... Luck is having "something" go your way...not having all 6 teams ranked in front of you lose a game in the final 2 weeks of the season...that is called an aberration. OSU did not control it's destiny after the Michigan game...the other 6 teams ranked in front of them did. And they did not take care of business.

All West Virgina had to do was beat an absolutely awlful Pitt team.
All Missouri had to do was beat Oaklahoma
All LSU had to do was beat R-kansas
See my point?

As far as last years game...
Florida was a better team that night no doubt. Chris Leak played a game that he had NEVER played before. UF came to play, OSU didn't...it's really that simple. UF listened for 5 weeks that they couldn't beat OSU...sound familiar?

The underdog has won more BCS championships than the favorite.

Rich
12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Many conferences this year were WAY more competitive than the Big 10. Yes the big ten schools have a long standing tradition of being good at football, but this year it was a weak conference. What makes OSU more desrveing to be number one than say Hawaii which is undefeated and whose quaterback hold something like 25 NCAA records?

Hawaii...is getting a gift in the Sugar bowl. Individual records have zero to do with it. Hell, Colt's not even a finalist for the Heisman.

The B10 was down THIS year. It's a cycle and EVERY conference goes through it. The B10 desperately needs Penn State to get rid of JoePa and get someone younger, fresher, etc in to revive that program. Michigan should bounce back with a good hire, (Les Miles would have been bad for Michigand and good for OSU). Zook has some phenomenal talent coming into Illinois.

By the way...last year the B10 was 2-1 against the SEC and they have a 13-11 record against them since the start of the BCS.

Rich
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
For all of you conference championship game types... Got attendance?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GatorJ/accchampionshipgame.jpg

'92Stang
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM

C'mon man, Big east, ACC:rolleyes: Lets consider the sec champions LSU schedule non conference wins Louisiana Tech, Tulane???Theres some powerhouses. Since we keep hearing about strength of schedule within the conferences. During the the season OSU played 4 big ten teams that were ranked in the top 25 at the time of there game. Same as LSU. Go Bucks:bigthumb

02mingryGT
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I call it luck because they don't play a conference Championship, they play a cup cake like Kent State half way through October when most other teams in are fully into conference play,

Funny you should say that about OSU. LSU played Louisanna Tech in NOVEMBER.

Don't let a single bad game last year completely influence what you think a team is capable of. Florida won last year and played the absolute best game in the history of their program. They were the "perfect storm". That was the worst performance I've seen from OSU since the 1999 season against Miami. But, that was last season...

Yeah I totally agree with that Rich. OSU was plain out-coached in that game. losing Ginn didn't help either but their play calling sucked. Like the Bengals. I think it will be a good game and I also figure LSU will be favored which is good. And for the record the SEC is a better conference from top to bottom but that doesn't mean LSU is the better team. Watched a lot of LSU games this year and I believe OSU's front 4 on D will be able to get pressure without using the blitz. On offense I hope they just pound it with Beanie instead of letting that tool of a QB keep throwing into double and triple coverage.

And as far as people hating OSU. They're the only college in the Tri-State area worth a piss so when your the best in the area people will hate you. Same thing as Moeller-Princeton back in the day.

02mingryGT
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Florida was a better team that night no doubt. Chris Leak played a game that he had NEVER played before. UF came to play, OSU didn't...it's really that simple. UF listened for 5 weeks that they couldn't beat OSU...sound familiar?

Yeah it sounds like 2002 when they played Miami and I got 14.5 points and won 500 bucks. Hope to see it again.:bigthumb