Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I think I want out of mustangs [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I think I want out of mustangs

went12s
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Just one mustang no parts. The problem is I have huge amount of mustang stuff and I am tired of dealing with people. Stupid questions, lowballing, shipping, and they dont even read the post. They can answer there own questions if they would just read it though.
I dont know if anyone would be interested or would have the money. what do you think....

went12s
11-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe move this to rants....

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Maybe it's not Mustangs you need to get out of, it's wheeling and dealing with Mustang parts. Then again, selling anythings means people are going to lowball you...that's the nature of business.

went12s
11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I understand eveyone wants a deal but countless useless e-mails pics.call for nothing. :mad:

quik lx
11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Welcome to Stangbangerz.com

you want 500 bux...ok I'll offer you 150:rolleyes:

Rick93coupe
11-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Thats exactly why I list most my prices as firm. I go ahead and take pictures of most things that are worth something, and don't really play the haggle game. I usually base prices on what I would pay for something.

PonymanfiveO
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
whats your bottom dollar?

:rolleyes:

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah back when i was losing my mind and thought i was gonna sell my coupe, i can tell ya it was nauseating to read some of the offers i got.... "1500 bux today" when it's got 2k worth of drivetrain sitting in it. I've always heard it never hurts to ask but damn, sometimes it can be insulting. But..again, that's business. A lot of people ask way over what they really want so people know to lowball you down...i think it helps to just put FIRM on there and don't even ask to go lower if you see that.

Like just the other day someone called me about some heads i had for sale and offered me $200 cash....they've got a brand new $500 valve job on'em!

facemelter71
11-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I hardly ever try to haggle price,Ive delt with a couple of you on here and you know that.If its a good price for me then ill bring cash,if not then i cant afford it and dont wanna waste some one's time.Although I am waiting on cash to get the things ive asked about from some of you guys.It gets a little old after a while but you just have to stick it through.

went12s
11-26-2007, 10:12 PM
What the best way to post all my stuff. I cant post all the parts in the correct places? Buy the way what do you think I should ask?

All items for sale should be posted in the classifieds section
Thanks

went12s
11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
thats just off the top of my head. maybe Ebay

juiced347
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
i hate when people say make a offer and you offer them 10 less and they say no i can only go 5 under but then you have a freind go back and offer 20 under and they take 15 under

juiced347
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM
how much for the springs

Timido
11-27-2007, 06:46 AM
This is not the place for classifieds.

mustangboy
11-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I'll give you $50 for that aluminum radiator.;)

331TwistedWedge
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
ebay your stuff ... i've sold things on ebay for more money than i paid for it new ... 3 years ago, i sold a trick flow upper and lower intake for 470 ~ i paid 449 ... i can get 90-100 for gears, 200 out of nice ponies ~ 150 once for stock heads ... ebay is nuts, its fantastic ~ some people just like to win (its a game to them) ... post your stuff on there and be done with it ...

theyallslow
11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
what can you tell me about the heads?

Camaro86SHOCKER
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
you think lowabllaing is bad on stangs? try buying a camaro and having people sell you broken parts at new prices and parts that someone else goobered up b/c some asshole installed them wrong or jimmy rigged them because its what makes them fast.

5.0calypso93lx
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here, and say that I am guilty of some of the things mentioned in this thread. The reason I do that, is because when I post items I have for sale, I usually post it a little high and let people make me offers, and then I meet them somewhere in the middle. I don't see any issue at all doing that. After all, these are the classifieds and not a store where the prices are set in stone.

fst 5pto
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
PM Sent

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here, and say that I am guilty of some of the things mentioned in this thread. The reason I do that, is because when I post items I have for sale, I usually post it a little high and let people make me offers, and then I meet them somewhere in the middle. I don't see any issue at all doing that. After all, these are the classifieds and not a store where the prices are set in stone.

See i too will often give an offer on something that's expensive...but if it's something pretty cheap already, or something that i KNOW is usually expensive and it's already a good deal, i don't bother. If something is $20 i'm not gonna offer $15 just to save myself a measly $5...that's petty. But if someone has a car for $3k then i might offer $2800...you never know. I think it's always a good idea to make it clear when you post that this is the BOTTOM DOLLAR and that should be enough. Anyone to persists beyond that is just being a jerkoff.

ibstrokin
11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I try to get the best deal I can, and don't feel bad about it. I try not to be insulting, but I have alot of bills and hobbies, sometimes the only way I can afford things is used and a good price. Besides, all you have to do is counter offer, or say no. If I'm selling something online and someone makes an insulting offer, I don't reply to them.

Many people don't have the heart/ confidence to haggle. Ive had friends ask me to the negotiation for them(swap meet scenario).

went12s
11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Someone deleted my post before I got to to edit it. I cut and pasted it without taking the FOR SALE OFF OF IT.
SO I AM ASKING WHATS ALL OF THIS WORTH.
I want a fair price for everything listed plus more
THESE PARTS ARE NOT FOR SALE AT THIS TIME.
This is a whats this worth type of thead......

Parts Deleted by Timido.
Please list the parts for sale in the classifieds this is not the place to spam parts for sale. PM me if you have any questions.

Katmandu
11-29-2007, 02:34 AM
Maybe it's not Mustangs you need to get out of, it's wheeling and dealing with Mustang parts. Then again, selling anythings means people are going to lowball you...that's the nature of business.Man, I feel my brother's pain. :rolleyes:

I've been a wheeler-dealer for a LONG time myself. Started out dealing CBs, Linears, Ham radios, antique communication receivers, antique radios, classic Cougar-Mustang parts, Fox Body parts (how I met ALOT of you all here) and now into laptops.

Thing that gets me is when folks commit to a deal and then never follow through. Alot of folks out there that are full of BS. Then again, that comes with the territory. You either put up with it or get out.

I can honestly say that of all the years I've been dealing, that the folks here on Stangbangerz have been the most HONEST, FRIENDLY, STAND UP People I've ever dealt with! That's the TRUTH! :rockon:

Sad to say though those are VERY VERY RARE traits in people nowadays. :rolleyes: