Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Damn cat! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Damn cat!

dedpedal
11-25-2007, 09:40 PM
I swear, when he gets better Im gonna beat the snot out of him for making me worry so much. Stupid Stewie has a urinary infection and hes pissing blood. I thought he had gotten into something in the basement but it turns out to be something that cats just "get". 1000 bucks later, we get to take him to his normal vet for the rest of the treatment. More money and them harping on how much he means to us. I wish it was this easy to treat our own people. Even if it costs more money than we have. No more tears. I have to get him tommorow morning and I want to be happy for him.
Damn the luck.

S197GT
11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
yeah dude i hear ya, my cat just came home sat. from being at the vets for a whole week( there goes the mod money). i walk out side and shes laying on the porch, so i pick her up to bring her in and look down to see her stomach ripped open. shes fine, the vet said she could of gotten under the hood of a car ( which i highley doubt since i live in the middle of no wear) or a coyote which is more likley the answer. we just had our nieghbors call us about 6months ago and they told us that their lab had been attacked by coyotes they couldnt save him so he got put down. im thinking about staying up and killing all the f*#$ers.

dedpedal
11-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Now I know what Cracker was going through with Body a couple months ago.
I still want to beat the snot out of him after I hold him and hugg him. (The cat, not the vet)

kennebellcobra
11-25-2007, 10:25 PM
It's crazy how attached you can get to a pet and not even realize it until they get sick or hurt:(

dedpedal
11-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I still want to beat his ass so Ill go smack the Biscuit around a bit before bed.
Thanks guys, even through my gruff appearance, I love this little shit more than I can explain. he is part of this family and will be till we part ways on the path of life.

Mista Bone
11-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Dunno what vet your using Kevin, but Kindred Spirits down on Hands Pike that Jen and Jeff goto are on "credit hold" for the past week and a half. For whatever billing reason, I haven't had to pick up there for a while.

Saves me 45 minutes and 30 miles a day, still get paid the same. Dr. Tepe was always nice though, so was her staff.

BTW no mention of this to the vet either.......

99Slobra
11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
do you feed him a lot of wet food? That can be a cause of it.

Mista Bone
11-26-2007, 02:37 AM
do you feed him a lot of wet food? That can be a cause of it.

Like Whiteys drown in Keystone?

DeckerEnt
11-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Glad to hear he will be OK. You were a little worried last night. I said a little prayer to the pet guy up there.
Keith

Holly
11-26-2007, 08:41 AM
I love this little shit more than I can explain. he is part of this family and will be till we part ways on the path of life.

That's exactly how I feel about my two little rascals.

I put the Christmas tree on Saturday. I thought everything was going to be cool with the cats, until this morning, I got up and they had played "cat and mouse" under the tree overnight, the tree skirt was in the middle of the floor and there were two fake mice under the tree, along with a couple of ornaments knocked on the ground. :lol: They do keep me amused.

I'm glad Stewie is doing better Kevin. If my cats got sick, I'd take out a loan to make them better! When Reggie got diabetes, we spent a lot of money on "trying" to fix her, but in the end, we had to put her down, she started using our bedroom carpeting for her litterbox, that's one thing I won't stand for, no matter how much I love a cat.

dedpedal
11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
We just got back from the regular vet. Theyre going to keep him for a few days till the blockage clears up. When I saw him last night, he was covered with blood from a urinary problem. I thought something much worse and was more than a little freaked out. Hes been weird for a couple months, wanting to piss anywhere and everywhere. We assumed it was just compition with Biz and marking territory. I HOPE that he was trying to tell us that there was a bigger problem. The future will tell. I hate that I love the little fugger so much. Life would be so much easier if I didnt get so attached to them.

2-8-1
11-26-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah dude i hear ya, my cat just came home sat. from being at the vets for a whole week( there goes the mod money). i walk out side and shes laying on the porch, so i pick her up to bring her in and look down to see her stomach ripped open. shes fine, the vet said she could of gotten under the hood of a car ( which i highley doubt since i live in the middle of no wear) or a coyote which is more likley the answer. we just had our nieghbors call us about 6months ago and they told us that their lab had been attacked by coyotes they couldnt save him so he got put down. im thinking about staying up and killing all the f*#$ers.

We had several black labs some years ago. One night we heard a ruckus, and it was a pack of unfortunate coyotes that had thought they found dinner. The next morning we found one coyote dead, one lab with some pretty nasty scratches, and enough fur to make a coat with.

Two days later a .270 Winchester finished off the pack.

dedpedal
11-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Stewies getting better. I stopped over to check on him and he wasnt very happy but he cheered up once he saw a familiar face. Hes got to saty another day or two until the blockage clears up then we have to change his diet to reduce the chance of it happening again.
Thanks to those who called and expressed their concern. It really means alot to me.
Kev

Holly
11-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Stewies getting better. I stopped over to check on him and he wasnt very happy but he cheered up once he saw a familiar face. Hes got to saty another day or two until the blockage clears up then we have to change his diet to reduce the chance of it happening again.
Thanks to those who called and expressed their concern. It really means alot to me.
Kev

Awwww.... I'm glad he is getting better. I'm sure you are ready to bring him home. Is Biz missing him? :lol:

I'll never forget going to pick up Reese after her declawing. I had only had her two weeks and I took her over to Ft. Wright Animal Clinic for the procedure (drop off Monday night, pick up Wednesday after work). It was cute, I walked back there to the row of cages and she heard my voice and came running to the edge of the cage - she actually remembered me. The lady even said "she sure is glad to see you". She hasn't been anywhere since (out of the house) and that was over a year ago. The other little booger (Rudy the brat) tries to escape whenever he gets the chance, but she wants NO part of the outdoors.

S197GT
11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
We had several black labs some years ago. One night we heard a ruckus, and it was a pack of unfortunate coyotes that had thought they found dinner. The next morning we found one coyote dead, one lab with some pretty nasty scratches, and enough fur to make a coat with.

Two days later a .270 Winchester finished off the pack.

yeah i have a 20 gauge and a 9mm, been thinking about getting a .223 to kill them with.

2-8-1
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
yeah i have a 20 gauge and a 9mm, been thinking about getting a .223 to kill them with.

I have numerous rifles/pistols/shotguns that would have worked, the .270 was the only one that had a scope powerful enough to reach out there and get them, (and the only one I trust at 100+ yards for clean kills)

I love the .223 on that note, wish I had one myself. You may even want to look into the .204 Ruger, better ballistics than the .223, less recoil, but more expensive ammunition.

Glad the cat's getting better!

93lincolnmk8
12-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Iv'e found that the 7mm magnum does some real nasty damage on coyotes! :D