Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
i want a pup! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i want a pup!

Johnson1134
11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
does anyone know where i can get a pup for my kids?i have been promising them 1 since we got our house!i prefer male bull dog or boxer!we will consider other pups too!if ya got any ideals let me know!thanks Phil!::bigthumb

'92Stang
11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Sending you a pm phil;)

Jeff88coupe
11-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Check your local animal shelters first...never know what you'll find.

k062693w
11-15-2007, 06:33 PM
My neighbor has 6 black lab pups still for sale!!

cstreu1026
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Funny that this thread came up. My wife and I looked at a puppy just the other night. We wondered into the pet store at the mall. I really just wanted to see if they had any Persian or Himalayan kittens. Well my wife spotted this adorable little puppy they called a Peakawawa which is hybrid of a Chihuahua and a Pekingese (more commonly called a Cheek as I have since found out). We really had no intention of buying one but we have been thinking about it for two days now. If it weren't for Thanksgiving next week I am sure it would be here with me now we just don't have anything to do with a puppy while we are out of town and its too young to put in a kennel. Oh well we do have to loving cats here at home and the money not spent on a designer puppy will go a long way on the car.

In the mean time I will keep checking out the animal rescue sites since what I really want is a fawn colored Pug. Good luck in your search and you may want to check out www.petfinder.com

DeckerEnt
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Animal shelters first. Always a good idea to try to save one.
Keith

Johnson1134
11-15-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah i tried arf in amelia! we took the kids and they wouldnt let us take the dog we wanted,because it was considered aggressive dog!they are strict!that is really the only adoption place i know?

'92Stang
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
SPCA off 222 in batavia behind the sheriffs office

Black92LX
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
i went the rescue route for my second. She is doing great.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/10-31-07_1213.jpg

Get yourself a rescue they are always thankful.

venomous_svt
11-16-2007, 12:38 AM
my pit just had pups...see my posts...there are pics...I always take care of fellow stangbangerz...They have great temperaments and the mother and father are on site...full blooded. My 2 year old son loves my dogs and I never worry for a second...if your interested pm me.

JonS
11-16-2007, 06:50 AM
http://www.petfinder.com/

You can find just about any type of dog you would want on there, and the listings are fairly local.

Blackballed
11-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Save your house and your furniture!!!!:lol: Pups = torture. J/K I love my dogs.

ihave1sweetride
11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
there is a shelter of jenny lin/amelia olive branch, and one by the clermont county airport and the one down off 222, behind the sheriffs stations. We rescued both our pups and they are great!

fst 5pto
11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Buy a Golden Retriever. I will never own another breed. Easiest to train and GREAT with kids.

Johnson1134
11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah im going today to look!golden retriever's are excellent dogs but i dont want a long hair dog!i forgot about the 1 by the airport!im gonna go by there and by the 1 by the jail!thanks guys!

jk5.0
11-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Try Warren County they have a real nice facility off 48 by the Court house. About 4 miles from 71

venomous_svt
11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
pm sent back

95redstang
11-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I will tell you from my experience with my boxer that they are a handful...Mine I think is "special"....He is very hyper and driving me nuts. I'm at the point now where I need to get an electric fence or have a big privacy fence put in. He is jumping my 5ft split rail fence. I think I need to get him fixed as well. I don't want to but, he is grabbing a stuffed animal dog that my oldest daughter has and is humping the hell out of that thing while we are gone. Actually he is humping evrything. His shit pops out whenever he gets excited, even if we have company over..He starts shaking his ass like boxers do and the next thing you know out comes the red rocket..He gets into everything. We even tried obediance school... Boxers are a handful..Very high strung....

Johnson1134
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I will tell you from my experience with my boxer that they are a handful...Mine I think is "special"....He is very hyper and driving me nuts. I'm at the point now where I need to get an electric fence or have a big privacy fence put in. He is jumping my 5ft split rail fence. I think I need to get him fixed as well. I don't want to but, he is grabbing a stuffed animal dog that my oldest daughter has and is humping the hell out of that thing while we are gone. Actually he is humping evrything. His shit pops out whenever he gets excited, even if we have company over..He starts shaking his ass like boxers do and the next thing you know out comes the red rocket..He gets into everything. We even tried obediance school... Boxers are a handful..Very high strung....

yeah that is what i hear!like the dog on the movie click with adam sandler!i think i am getting a bullie from venomous svt in december it will be a perfect xmas gift!

Black92LX
11-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Buy a Golden Retriever. I will never own another breed. Easiest to train and GREAT with kids.

That's what I thought until I got my German Shepherd. I grew up with goldens had 4 of them. They were all great dogs but my GSD blows them out of the water in every category. Training, protection, companionship everything.

There is no reason not to fix a dog unless you are going to breed it.

Blonde_5.0
11-16-2007, 04:16 PM
we got our Boxer and he is awesome...we took him from a family that was going to give him to a shelter...he is five, but he is the best...and he just wants to love everyone....after him i don't think i could ever own another dog besides a boxer...he has net wet the house either...its nice already getting them trained...but there are boxer shelters here in ohio just google that and they should show up.

95redstang
11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
That's what I thought until I got my German Shepherd. I grew up with goldens had 4 of them. They were all great dogs but my GSD blows them out of the water in every category. Training, protection, companionship everything.

There is no reason not to fix a dog unless you are going to breed it.

we were going to breed him but now I doubt it....

Black92LX
11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
then get him fixed.

he'll slow down a bit. in the future get yourself females makes a huge difference. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

95redstang
11-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I've had dogs all my life, my wife has as well..All the dogs I ever had growing up were smart as hell. They could turn on/of lights, shut doors, that type of stuff. This dog is totally different. We have tried almost everything with him. I can't figure out if he is inbred, or he just landed on his head when the guy tossed him out the car doing about 30mph out in Ross at my mother outlaws house. You would think he would stop jumping the fence when he got hit by a car a few months ago. The car was doing every bit of 40-45 mph and didn't break when it hit him...I guess we are just going to get his junk wacked...Other than that I'm running out of ideas..:dunno:

Maximus
11-16-2007, 11:58 PM
www.petfinders.com :bigthumb

Dipstick
11-17-2007, 01:39 AM
I volunteer for this rescue alot. I adopted from them 3 years ago he is on my signature. Only if your looking for a big dog though and have a place for them inside. www.hhdane.com

Katmandu
11-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Check your local animal shelters first...never know what you'll find.
1+

Got both my dogs from the local shelter. 1-Full Beagle and one 1/2 Beagle-1/2 ??

There's NO reason to breed ANY dog IMHO (just ways for people to make $$$$ :mad: ) when there are SO many GREAT dogs being euthanized every single day! JMHO. :cool2:

As good ole Bob Barker used to say...."Help control the pet population and get your pets spayed or neutered." :bigthumb

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/Karendoggies/photos/photo7.jpg

Katmandu
11-17-2007, 02:41 AM
WHAT ???

http://www.katmanduonline.net/albums/Karendoggies/photos/photo6.jpg

JET50213
11-17-2007, 03:42 PM

I may be a little biased, 'cause I love my Boxer. They are a handful for the first couple of years, but they are extremely trainable!! We had a guy come out to our house to train our Boxer. That helped tremendously because we learned how to get him to do what we wanted him to do. Find yourself good trainer who knows a lot about Boxers. By the way, my Boxer, Taz, changed tremendously at age three. I eventually got a Mastiff (my dream dog) and discovered that I should have gotten another Boxer instead.

Dirtyd0g
11-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I have a female black lab I want to give away but she isn't exactly a pup anymore. SHe isn't very large and is super friendly but a little overactive. I'd say she is close to 2 years old.
Alan

MsBlkramair
11-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I may be a little biased, 'cause I love my Boxer. They are a handful for the first couple of years, but they are extremely trainable!! We had a guy come out to our house to train our Boxer. That helped tremendously because we learned how to get him to do what we wanted him to do. Find yourself good trainer who knows a lot about Boxers. By the way, my Boxer, Taz, changed tremendously at age three. I eventually got a Mastiff (my dream dog) and discovered that I should have gotten another Boxer instead.

Our boxer (a tiger-striped brindle) is a big meathead. He loves everyone, is very active when someone will play with him, and extremely cuddly when its just you and him alone late. When my son (now 2) was an infant, the boxer would sit in front of the baby to protect him from the vaccuum. So cute! This is my 2nd boxer (had a white boxer that died of lymphoma), and my hubby's 3td boxer (he had a white, deaf one years ago). I love the big dumb ox dogs...........the bigger the dog, the bigger the baby. They are very hyper and strong, but the best dogs.

MsBlkramair
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
I volunteer for this rescue alot. I adopted from them 3 years ago he is on my signature. Only if your looking for a big dog though and have a place for them inside. www.hhdane.com

I had a female harlequin dane (named Domino) a fews years ago. She was such a clumsy puppy growing up. So funny! I would love to have another one, when i get a house (more room!). I think I will get an adult this time, though. Dane puppies don't realize how big and clumsy they are!

Katmandu
11-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I had a female harlequin dane (named Domino) a fews years ago. She was such a clumsy puppy growing up. So funny! I would love to have another one, when i get a house (more room!). I think I will get an adult this time, though. Dane puppies don't realize how big and clumsy they are!So true! :bigthumb

My in-laws had a harlequin great dane (named Zues) several years ago. GREAT dog!

The DO think they are lap dogs for sure! Very friendly and lovable.

We had to put Zues down at 5 1/2 yo due to a genetic heart defect.

89notch
11-18-2007, 06:27 AM
http://www.heartofohioboxerrescue.com/