Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Better Track? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Better Track?

Bluecrew07
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Wich track is better, Edgewater or Tristate?

beefcake
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Wich track is better, Edgewater or Tristate?

Tristate

Rustanggt98
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Edgewater

Bluecrew07
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tristate
why

Edgewater
why

ill prolly get to got to the track one more time this year and i wanna run my best

Rustanggt98
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
why

why

ill prolly get to got to the track one more time this year and i wanna run my best

Well it depends on a couple things, and to give the easiest answer I will say this.
-You are probably going to go to a Test & Tune, in which case both tracks are going to be junk, and you shouldn't waste your time trying to figure out which one is better.

-If you are going to be running on street tires, every track in America is going to suck.

Bluecrew07
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Drag Radials

Rustanggt98
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Drag Radials

unless they are M/T's, both tracks are going to suck. Edgewater on a saturday afternoon is the best track you are going to get within a 2 hour drive.

kennebellcobra
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I will say on a test-n-tune day Tri-state seems to hook better for me most of the time but on a event day e20 seems to do better.

Rich
10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Kil-kare is an excellent hooking track.

Gene
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Mid-Ohio

Rustanggt98
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Mid-Ohio

Scarlet Oaks :lol:

PonymanfiveO
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Meet Biff. Anything, anywhere, anytime....always....ALWAYS sucks....nomatter what. :D

Tri-bumps is more fun but E2o is probably the safer track. ;)

Black Horse
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Mid-Ohio

Absolutely the best. Great traction and a high speed return road ;)

Bluecrew07
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
What is E20??

craigels
10-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I will say on a test-n-tune day Tri-state seems to hook better for me most of the time but on a event day e20 seems to do better.

I agree with this 100%... And when the "ricer" factor is added, Tristate wins on a TnT day every time. Tristate's track prep is better on TnT and there is always less people there so you get lots of passes in. For an event though, Edgewater takes pretty good care of the track.

What is E20??

E20 is Edgewater :HYF:

Craig

Brandon Alsept
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Edgewater on Saturday during brackets is as good as most tracks anywhere. Tri State is a unsafe grass in the middle, hole in the wall track, that nothing more than junior dragsters should run on.

Bluecrew07
10-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Maybe ill give Edgewater another shot. ive only been there once when i first got my car and it was on street tires

Steves LX
10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Josh I recommend you drive the extra 1/2 hour and go to KilKare up in Xenia. It doesn't matter if its test n tune or event day that track hooks really well no matter what you are driving or what suspension mods you have. If you choose not to do that, I would say Tristate any day of the week over Edgewater. Maybe its just me but on any given day I can pull 1.60's and 1.70's 60ft's at Tristate. I think my best 60ft time at Edgewater on Saturday's during UMTR's and bracket racing is a 1.84. I personally can't stand E20, however it is much safer than Tristate.

beefcake
10-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Josh I recommend you drive the extra 1/2 hour and go to KilKare up in Xenia. It doesn't matter if its test n tune or event day that track hooks really well no matter what you are driving or what suspension mods you have. If you choose not to do that, I would say Tristate any day of the week over Edgewater. Maybe its just me but on any given day I can pull 1.60's and 1.70's 60ft's at Tristate. I think my best 60ft time at Edgewater on Saturday's during UMTR's and bracket racing is a 1.84. I personally can't stand E20, however it is much safer than Tristate.

i'm with ya, i've always pulled better times at tristate

Bluecrew07
10-23-2007, 08:35 AM
maybe ill try that track. when do they close for the year?

Brandon Alsept
10-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah of course you pull better 60's when you are getting clocked at 57'.;)

JonS
10-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Edgewater feels a lot safer to me, somehow I don't like a grass median between the lanes. On slicks they hook about the same for me. On radials it just depends on the day. Neither is prepped very well on an average test & tune day. It's really a toss up in my opinion, I've had good and bad days at both.

pegasus
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Mid-Ohio

hells yes (10min drive 4 me)

pegasus
10-23-2007, 08:56 AM
maybe ill try that track. when do they close for the year?

2week in nov I think

Steves LX
10-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Josh go tohttp://www.kilkare.com

Holly
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I prefer Tri-State, I feel more comfortable racing there for some reason.

But I think I may tri Kil-Kare next summer. ;)

cin_mustang
10-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Personally, for tnt go to tristate. I've never had a problem there. It's a little bumpy but unless your on a bike, not too much of a problem. I love edgewater but for events. I only go to kil-kare since it's the closest to me. They don't always prep the track good especially at the end of the year. I'd rather drive the 50+ more miles for me to go to tristate. Just my opinion though. I really think it just depends on who's working on how the track is prepped. Just gotta roll the dice.

5.0calypso93lx
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I've pulled the exact same 60 foot at both tracks(2.01), but E2O was only running 1/8 mile that day so I don't know what my 1/4 would have been. I tend to like tri state better, just because there seems to be less rice junk there taking up all the runs.

bestracing
10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
:bigthumb

When we were running our 10.8 - 10.9 sec Camaro, we had the same results. Plus running the full quarter at tri-state in the left lane with the dips in the track after the 1/8 mile marker isn't fun with a drag car with a loose front end.

bestracing
10-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Edgewater feels a lot safer to me, somehow I don't like a grass median between the lanes.

When I was driving my dads drag car I agree with you on the whole grass in the middle thing. In my slow ass Pontiac during Powerfest I didn't even notice the grass was there.

ponymom05
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah of course you pull better 60's when you are getting clocked at 57'.;)

Damn, I thought Thorn Hill was the only place that used that trick! :lol:

OrangeStang04
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Mid-Ohio

Thats what I was gonna say... Mid-Ohio is the best "track" in Ohio.... but for Drag Racing... I would agree with the BIFF and not waste my time on a test & tune night

nskaats
10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I prefer Edgewater. My Formula hooks up just about everywhere, but the Edge always produces the best short times for me. My best 60' at Edgewater is a 1.61, and at Tristate with the same set-up I've only managed a 1.67-1.68. Edgewater consistently hooks up for me, the track is safer, and the crew actually knows how to run the facility (not to mention the people are generally cleaner).

Trashstate is pretty much a dump. The only reason to go there is if you have a car or a group that can't meet the proper safety requirements. They'll let any inbred run anything with wheels. On a given T&T day they're shut down for at the very least an hour because some moron, who doesn't belong on the track in the first place, oiled down the whole track. Anyone else remember the guy in the blazer last year that lost an axle and continued to drive the entire length of the track, teetering and spilling oil from the starting line all the way through the shut down area? THAT is the typical Tristate "racer" that shouldn't even be on the track. They didn't even clean up most of the mess and the track was like an ice rink the rest of the day, I parked my car.

Typically the people you hear bitching about traction at any track are on street tires, so you can ignore them. Anyone on street tires really doesn't have any room to bitch about traction. If they want to hook up they'll buy the right tires. If you're on street tires go wherever is closest. If you want a safe place to run go to Edgewater.

JonS
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone else remember the guy in the blazer last year that lost an axle and continued to drive the entire length of the track, teetering and spilling oil from the starting line all the way through the shut down area?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I saw that, the douchebag drove the entire length of the track riding on his traction bar. The axle fell out around the 60 foot mark. That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. There are lots of rednecks there, that is for sure.

cin_mustang
10-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Typically the people you hear bitching about traction at any track are on street tires, so you can ignore them. Anyone on street tires really doesn't have any room to bitch about traction. If they want to hook up they'll buy the right tires. If you're on street tires go wherever is closest. If you want a safe place to run go to Edgewater.

I beg to differ. The traction problems I have had are NOT due to street tires, as I run slicks, they're due to the track prep and lack of traction compound which is pretty typical at most tracks for test and tune. I have also seen just as many oil-downs at edgewater. They do tech the cars, somewhat, at e02 unlike tristate but saying that only trash race there is kind of crap. Honestly you have come off like a jerk and some kind of snob. Sorry if that yanks your chain but I just thought I'd sound off.IMO

331TwistedWedge
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=nskaats;316620]
Anyone else remember the guy in the blazer last year that lost an axle and continued to drive the entire length of the track, teetering and spilling oil from the starting line all the way through the shut down area?QUOTE]

i seen that too last year, funny as shit ...

personally i do the same at both tracks, only the weather changes the outcome ...

chad393na
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Kil-kare is an excellent hooking track.

x2 , neither tristate or e2o come close in track prep on t&t.

Rich
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
This past weekend I cut a 1.84 60ft leaving from idle and stomping on the gas. Not too bad for and AOD car.

Mista Bone
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
coming from a slower Civic, I prefer either track, ran same ET/MPH/60' at both tracks.......

that is if your allowed to run in the NORMAL groove at Edgewater as I was on slicks. Having to run in the "street tire" groove exploded a $900 differential.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Transmission/D%20Series/My%20Kaaz%2050k%20miles/P7020014.jpg

My best 60' was at Tristate though, someone leaked a little fluid, the starter girl laid out fresh VHT as I was comming out of the burnout box.

Low 13 second Honda, the bumps are not a issue, nor the grass. get a little quicker and I could see the bumps in left lane getting scary.

nskaats
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I beg to differ. The traction problems I have had are NOT due to street tires, as I run slicks, they're due to the track prep and lack of traction compound which is pretty typical at most tracks for test and tune. I have also seen just as many oil-downs at edgewater. They do tech the cars, somewhat, at e02 unlike tristate but saying that only trash race there is kind of crap. Honestly you have come off like a jerk and some kind of snob. Sorry if that yanks your chain but I just thought I'd sound off.IMO

Who said only trash races there? Read it again carefully. Had I actually said that I could understand being called a jerk or a snob, but since I didn't...no offense taken.

Just have a good look around at a lot of the vehicles there. It's not a big secret that people that can't pass tech or refuse to install safety equipment go to Tristate. After a few scary experiences I wont run anything faster than 13s at Tristate anymore. Tristate is for my street cars, I keep the fun cars at Edgewater or Kilkare. I don't see nearly as many oil downs at Edgewater but when someone does they actually clean the track and I can still hook up.

I call the place Trashstate because the facility is poorly kept, track prep has been terrible every time I've been there, and the crew has no clue how to run the place. That's my opinion, I didn't knock anyone for theirs.

If you're on slicks and still having traction issues at both tracks it's time to go through the chassis.

Another vote for Kilkare too, I forgot about them. Track prep seems pretty good there from my limited experience up there.

Greg Seibert
10-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Pinks Car builders, remember during the sorting-out session at T-State, when the senior citizen lady(who likely inherited the track from her husband) in the Buick drove around and shooed:wave: our butts out so she could get home to watch a reality show?:lol:

chad393na
10-24-2007, 07:40 PM
That lady tore me a new one at the shootout last year for spinning the tires a little down one of the backroads:lol:

RIXXX93GT
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Another vote for Kil-Kare for the traction.....but dont expect to get a bunch of runs in, set her for kill and go for it you may only get two passes in. For unadulterated run count go to Tri-Skate. For the Ultimate in traction get serious and travel to Norwalk or Bowling Green KY. Anybody able to hook up at Clay City....not with the local ladies with your car of course.

PonymanfiveO
10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
That lady tore me a new one at the shootout last year for spinning the tires a little down one of the backroads:lol:

I think shes just mad because your not giving her the meat anymore.:eek:

:lol:

:tongue2: