Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone want Ford Racing polished valve covers? Wanna trade me? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want Ford Racing polished valve covers? Wanna trade me?

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm about to paint my valve covers because i'm sick of polishing them, but i figured if anyone has some nice ones they'd like to trade for polished covers before i paint them, i can hook you up. They've gotta be the same style and i'd even prefer them to be the same thing if possible, but maybe if yours are beyond the point of polishing or something. Mine need polished themselves but are well within polishing shape and should come out like new with a little effort.

Here's a pic of what they are, they're not this clean now though:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/626000-626999/626821_39_full.jpg

What i want is the black FMS valve covers like this:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/fms-m-6582-l302.jpg

So if you have those and would like polished, let me know before i paint mine to make them look like that. They've gotta be the "tall style" to clear roller rockers.

Stangman
10-21-2007, 07:12 PM
those black and red ones would look good with your wires/cap...

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
That's sort of the idea. Personally i think all engines should be painted red and that's what mine is getting eventually so it should go well. I'm even thinking about doing the intake but that might be too much black.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
If anyone's interested please let me know, they'll be getting painted in a couple days otherwise. To do that finish and keep them from chipping they're gonna get roughed up with some sand paper so once that happens they'll probably be impossible to polish.

Stangman
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
man.... i just noticed... you have the oldschool Motorsport valve covers... you lucky dog!

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
man.... i just noticed... you have the oldschool Motorsport valve covers... you lucky dog!

Yeah these puppies are out of production :D

Stangman
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah these puppies are out of production :D

sure would be a shame to scuff em all up and rattle can them;)

Motorsport shit rocks!

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
sure would be a shame to scuff em all up and rattle can them;)

Motorsport shit rocks!

Buy me a set of the black valve covers from Summit and they're yours! They're cheaper than buying new polished ones anyways.

MWoods26
10-21-2007, 10:48 PM
those have been out of production for at least 8 years now. I know they were for big blocks. I wanted a set of those bad when I built my 460 but ended up with the darn ford racing ones. I would hold on to those and just by the ones you want. You will be glad you did

Stangman
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
:agree: hang on to em, and just get you a set of the ones you really want like Mike said, atleast then when the polished ones are off the car, you can put a REALLY nice shine on em and keep em on your coffee table :D

Seriously though, if i LITERALLY hadnt just got a used set of the polished Ford Racing versions of yours i would have taken you up on them, but i got mine for 25 bucks... so ya know...

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
those have been out of production for at least 8 years now. I know they were for big blocks. I wanted a set of those bad when I built my 460 but ended up with the darn ford racing ones. I would hold on to those and just by the ones you want. You will be glad you did

Big blocks have a different valve cover bolt pattern don't they?

Stangman
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Big blocks have a different valve cover bolt pattern don't they?

very much so... and a lot larger too

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah the more i think about it the more i really should keep them anyways. They came from a guy who has passed away...i didn't really know him personally so it's not like that, but i know he loved his stuff and it's kinda disrespectful in some sort of way.

I guess i'll just keep'em...thanks for talking me out of it :D

I am going to do my stock '85 valve covers though. They're the ones that say POWERED BY FORD and have the fins on them. They came as raw aluminum and i've already painted them once and they've just been sandblasted. They're gonna get the black paint treatment and then the i'm gonna sand/brush the tops of the fins like the old Cobra covers. I'll just run those for a while for a change.

In that case though, is anyone really good at polishing? These have some water spots that i can't seem to get out, but i'm really not that good at polishing.

Stangman
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
good idea on the powered by ford pieces, as for polishing, i can give it a shot... if your not in a rush for em?