Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Tristate Wheel Standers Of The Day [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tristate Wheel Standers Of The Day

93cobra
10-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Jason408 & Kenbellecobra today tri state
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/IMG_21241.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/motoxxx151/IMG_21431.jpg

plated
10-20-2007, 06:22 PM
the micheal jordans of stangbangerz:cool1: thats the shit right there:bigthumb

JASON408
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
i like the hatch. thats just classy

331TwistedWedge
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
i like the hatch. thats just classy

damn i just noticed that :eek: congrats on the 9.68 pass, im sure there's more to come with a better gear :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
10-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Congrats!! Great numbers today.
Keith

kennebellcobra
10-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Great pics Johnny:bigthumb To bad I was having some shifting issues.

95turbocharged
10-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I think jason was letting out all that extra juice!!!!! either that or thats how you over come that head wind we had today!!!

93cobra
10-20-2007, 07:59 PM

don't feel bad...been there...thats why i went with the g force...after having problems with my tko600 from pro motion....which was supposed to be the "cats ass setup"...i was over that s*@t....fighting their cheesy half ass working firewall adjuster & breaking two clutch discs....that was it! i do realize im not the most experienced "pro driver"...but damn...i have been power shifting mustangs since high school 10 years ago...so i need to give myself some credibility.

kennebellcobra
10-20-2007, 08:07 PM
don't feel bad...been there...thats why i went with the g force...after having problems with my tko600 from pro motion....which was supposed to be the "cats ass setup"...i was over that s*@t....fighting their cheesy half ass working firewall adjuster & breaking two clutch discs....that was it! i do realize im not the most experienced "pro driver"...but damn...i have been power shifting mustangs since high school 10 years ago...so i need to give myself some credibility.

Was yours a proshifted trans? I am still sycro and think it might be time for a change.

8banger
10-20-2007, 08:57 PM

You weren't the only one..LOL.....where the heck did they put second gear..:lol: ..... ...still very cool wheels up guys...I'm gonna get one eventually....I hope..:rolleyes:...

Blacksunshine
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Awesome....Very Nice... That must take a crap load of power. !

PonymanfiveO
10-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Was yours a proshifted trans? I am still sycro and think it might be time for a change.

Best way to drop a half second off your ET's.

Your spinning your shit so fast its almost impossible to powershift a syncro'd trans at RPM's like that. ;)

Nice pics :bigthumb

MADMOD
10-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Your spinning your shit so fast its almost impossible to powershift a syncro'd trans at RPM's like that. ;)

I say do it! Easy 9 second pass!

kennebellcobra
10-20-2007, 10:18 PM

I just hate to loose the street driving factor. I think it's more the clutches than the trans. I think I've been through 4 now. My cable has 1/8 play before the run and tight at the end. I think it's slipping and swelling enough to not disengage. I guess it's hard to move a 3600 lb car with 3.73 gears:( I have'nt even turned it up yet and I know if I put a clutch that won't slip at all I will break the trans so I don't know what to do.

PonymanfiveO
10-20-2007, 10:48 PM
you can still drive it. Its just real choppy and downshifting is a chore. :D

send your gearset to Liberty's for the winter, but a good clutch and cable and come out swinging next year!!!

firestang70
10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Nice shots of some great launches.

Timido
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
you can still drive it. Its just real choppy and downshifting is a chore. :D

send your gearset to Liberty's for the winter, but a good clutch and cable and come out swinging next year!!!

Get the face-tooth stuff street driving was much improved over the proshifted stuff. http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate.htm

Best cable I ever found was a Factory clutch cable.

347sc
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM

:agree:

kennebellcobra
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Get the face-tooth stuff street driving was much improved over the proshifted stuff. http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate.htm

I found that out about the cable a couple years ago the hard way:mad:

After we talked Saturday I was looking into the faceplating maybe for next year but I have'nt given up on this year yet;)

93cobra
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM

yes my tko600 was pro shifted...i can see it working well with all varibles dialed just right...clutch adjustment, shifter etc...i found out from a few guys on seperate occasions after i sold my setup that the shifter "stock hurst" that comes on 600's was junk vs. steeda tri ax or pro 5.0... i asked pro motion about that afterwards too & they agreed. i'm thinking wait a minute..you guys knew this, i just spent $3K on a tranny by itself had some issues over the course of a whole season & you couldn't tip me off to this as if i wouldn't of spent another $150 to improve the performance drastically etc....

im thinking stop saying tim matherly in between each sales pitch & do your job....wasn't too impressed with old wally inconsistent answers & excuses...just my experience.....:confused:

Brandon Alsept
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I run one of Walt's TKO600s that is faceplated and I love it, and while Walt is rough to deal with or listen to sometime he has a good product. The biggest thing is clutch setup and making sure you do have good disengagement of teh clutch;)

93cobra
10-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I run one of Walt's TKO600s that is faceplated and I love it, and while Walt is rough to deal with or listen to sometime he has a good product. The biggest thing is clutch setup and making sure you do have good disengagement of teh clutch;)

i agree they are capable of putting out the best product....but with the fact that i was johnny nobody in the world of mustang racing...walt jr..."never talked to walt sr." spent all the time in the world sealing the deal of the sale...trans, clutch, flywheel...etc.. promising all the tech support i could ever want. but after the credit card was ran and the boxes were sent...i could barely get a consistent suggestion or a call back when i would leave a respectful message etc. with a concern about anything. 2 of their clutch discs they sent me had to be defective which i think was the majority of my problems literally exploding "installed correctly etc". they charged me for both & then a later date stuck their foot in their mouth in my eyes trying to sell me on a different clutch setup a couple months later claiming their was a fix...& im thinking ...wait a min...don't you remember swearing nothing was wrong with the clutches you made me pay for 2 months ago. again no consistency out of their mouth about anything coversation to conversation.

in the end craig & i still tried to buy $15K worth of 2 g forces from wally. took all the info on what we wanted...said "no problem...ill call you with price & delivery time etc...." ...no call back & with a few messages from craig & i on seperate occasions, too lame to call either one of us back get our credit card #'s as if he had too many sales to take care of.

g force who we wound up buying directly from, told us they had the same kind of problems & heard the same stories from many & it sounded like they had a falling out with pro motion...i don't know..maybe not..kind of weird anyway you look at it....had the chance to hook a customer for life.:confused: if im 28 now and race until im 60 theres a chance ill need several trannies over the next 30 years...etc

what kind of shifter are you running?

Brandon Alsept
10-23-2007, 06:04 AM
i agree they are capable of putting out the best product....but with the fact that i was johnny nobody in the world of mustang racing...walt jr..."never talked to walt sr." spent all the time in the world sealing the deal of the sale...trans, clutch, flywheel...etc.. promising all the tech support i could ever want. but after the credit card was ran and the boxes were sent...i could barely get a consistent suggestion or a call back when i would leave a respectful message etc. with a concern about anything. 2 of their clutch discs they sent me had to be defective which i think was the majority of my problems literally exploding "installed correctly etc". they charged me for both & then a later date stuck their foot in their mouth in my eyes trying to sell me on a different clutch setup a couple months later claiming their was a fix...& im thinking ...wait a min...don't you remember swearing nothing was wrong with the clutches you made me pay for 2 months ago. again no consistency out of their mouth about anything coversation to conversation.

in the end craig & i still tried to buy $15K worth of 2 g forces from wally. took all the info on what we wanted...said "no problem...ill call you with price & delivery time etc...." ...no call back & with a few messages from craig & i on seperate occasions, too lame to call either one of us back get our credit card #'s as if he had too many sales to take care of.

g force who we wound up buying directly from, told us they had the same kind of problems & heard the same stories from many & it sounded like they had a falling out with pro motion...i don't know..maybe not..kind of weird anyway you look at it....had the chance to hook a customer for life.:confused: if im 28 now and race until im 60 theres a chance ill need several trannies over the next 30 years...etc

what kind of shifter are you running?

Well first off I agree for the most part with everything you have said. I have picked my own clutch setup and run it the way I want. I have never dealt with Walt Jr(actually thought there was only one Walt) LOL. I am now running a Pro50 shifter on it now, ran a steeda for a year and it seemed to wear the springs in the shifter out.

I was not trying to defend walt in any way. Just stating that I have had great luck with his tranny. Oh then I figured out how to rebuild the TKOs myself so I only have to deal with replacement parts from time to time and thats it;)

12seclx
10-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Good thread! :bigthumb

From what I've found out through other people, and according
to Bob Hanlon, Pro-Motion sends their gear sets to Liberty to have
them "tweaked" or "changed" so why not go directly to the source?

A friend of mine that makes respectable horsepower has a tko 600 and wanted it pro-shifted or face plated... don't really remember now and
Pro-Motion wanted $1,100-$1,200 to do it... Liberty wanted $750.....

:rolleyes:

I know where I'll be sending my junk over winter... :eek:

Brandon Alsept
10-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Walt was sending alot of stuff to G-Force and getting it done threw them. Liberty may make the TKO parts for Walt I am not sure. Just be ready to wait at least twice as long as liberty Quotes you, my back up tranny is one of there LG3500 TKO500s. I am looking at Eric Swarrs stuff alot lately and plan on having him go threw my liberty tranny this winter.

Timido
10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Whats Eric Swar doing different?

NXcoupe
10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Eric Swarr's dad Jim designed the face tooth trans set up that most run today for the old top loaders. He made it work on the first TKO's that came out. If you want it from the source, get with him. I just ordered my gear set for my back up trans, should be here by the end of the week if anyone wants to take a look at the stuff, you are welcome to come by.
His stuff is all I have run in my r/s car after some initial problems with brand x junk.