PDA

View Full Version : I just received my first Kentucky speeding ticket, LOL...

92StangMan
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
On the way home from work I was caught going 70 in a 55 with no seatbelt.

On I-75/I-71S it goes from 55-65mph and last week I noticed/"thought" it was around mile marker 189 that the speed increased to 65mph. I was pulled over at mile marker 187 and when I asked about it, he said it was 186. The officer was nice and I was respectful as always. At first he came off like he was going to give me a warning and then came back with a ticket.

BTW, can you get off on a technicality if they misspell your name on the ticket? LOL

craigels
10-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow 15 over plus no seatbelt in KY is a pretty expensive ticket!

Craig

DeckerEnt
10-03-2007, 11:04 AM
You are going to traffic school!!! Get off with 47.50 court costs and 15.00 for school and no points. Woo hoo. At least that's how I did it the last time.
Keith

cstreu1026
10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Yup, traffic school FTW!

Paul408Notch
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Seriously though... how do people not wear seatbelts? Shouldn't it just be burned into your head since a really young age at this point?

Jeff88coupe
10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Yep...traffic school is your only hope to keep it off your insurance record. Been there a few times myself.

Blacksunshine
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Seriously though... how do people not wear seatbelts? Shouldn't it just be burned into your head since a really young age at this point?

I agree with you Paul, I have such a bad habit of always wearing it, I often find my self wearing it while just sitting in the work van eating lunch. :lol:

92StangMan
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM

I used to wear a belt all the time until about a year ago and slowly got out of it. Might sound kind of dumb but I never knew it was a state law, either. I figured if there wasn't a helmet law, why would they have a belt law?

MrsAPE
10-04-2007, 07:18 AM
I used to wear a belt all the time until about a year ago and slowly got out of it.

Well jump back into it quick!! Law or no, it saves lives. So wear it cuz we asked k?! ;)

92StangMan
10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL, I wore it today. It took about five minutes of driving to remember to put it on but I did.

Steves LX
10-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I wish everyone would wear their seat belts? I work in the Fire and EMS and if some of the people seen some of the stuff we have to roll up on when were called out they would think differently. Just had a 18 y/o kid about 2months ago or so hit a car head on. He was thrown out of his vehicle 30 feet and was air cared to UC. He just now came out of the coma he was in and is going to have to start life all over. He has to learn to walk, eat, and talk all over again. The real kicker to this story is his own mom is on our department and was on the schedule that evening this accident happened. He had just left our department 20 minutes before hand after he sat down and ate some dinner with us. 20 minutes later he is near death, all from not wearing a seatbelt.

MrsAPE
10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL, I wore it today. It took about five minutes of driving to remember to put it on but I did.

GOOD!! I'll make you a post it note to put on your dash!! :D