Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Danica Patrick on...... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick on......

Walter
09-11-2007, 01:56 AM
The Z06 http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/112_0708_2007_chevrolet_corvette_z06_road_test/

Mista Bone
09-11-2007, 02:03 AM
"Motor Trend guest driver and Indy Racing League star Danica Patrick takes the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for a high-speed blast around the oval track at the Ford Proving Grounds and offers up her comments about the ride. This video brought to you by the automotive experts at Motor Trend."

Walter
09-11-2007, 02:08 AM
She drove the Viper and the Lambo LP640 there too.

Maximus
09-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Blah Blah. Shove a dildo up her ass....She would be more famous for that than her driving:lol:

thejock60
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
so the z06 is weak;)

331TwistedWedge
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
wow, i read those cars run easy 11's @119-121 mph in the 1/4 ... she pretty much tore chevy a new ass with those comments ... i wonder if she is just used to those indy cars pulling hard, or if the Z06 is that weak? ... i dont think 120's in the 1/4 is weak for a production car ...

95redstang
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Blah Blah. Shove a dildo up her ass....She would be more famous for that than her driving:lol:

+1...
She's a great interview..umm,uh,umm,uh,umm

Mike
09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
wow, i read those cars run easy 11's @119-121 mph in the 1/4 ... she pretty much tore chevy a new ass with those comments ... i wonder if she is just used to those indy cars pulling hard, or if the Z06 is that weak? ... i dont think 120's in the 1/4 is weak for a production car ...

I'd say 120 is a low average for an old, 60+ year old driver.

When they are driven like they should be...

Basically, C6 Z06 > Everyone.

I grew up relishing the stories on Zora’s specially prepared ZL1 Corvette running in the 10.90s on slicks. Love those stories. And it’s almost hard to imagine that 35 years later, a showroom stock Corvette, albeit a 2006 Z06, with no change to the car other than using DOT drag radial tires could eclipse the times posted by that fabled ZL1. But it happened today at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek, Maryland.

On my first pass of the day, after an hour-long cool-down and change of rear tires to the BFGs, I ran a clean pass with the type of launch and 1-2 shift I’ve been looking for. Here are the splits:

60'........1.679 3650 launch rpm with a fast clutch release and fast throttle squeeze
330'......4.625
660'......7.046 102.61
1000'.....9.114
1320'...10.856 129.50

469NvIOiz7U

Density Altitude at the time of the pass was negative 850 feet on my TAG weather station. Air temperature was 51 degrees. Barometer was excellent and humidity was low.

Track surface temperature was 60 degrees, kissed sweetly by full sun.

Soon after returning to the pits, amid a mild celebration, I was visited by a track official on a motor-bike for a discussion of the safety equipment in my car. He noted it was apparent from the tower that my UnderArmor compression top wasn’t a fire-jacket. And his check inside the car found no roll-bar. He complimented the pass and I took the hint, agreeing to slow down. In keeping with that pledge, I made one more pass. After bogging the launch to comply with guidance, was then somehow unable to keep from driving the rest of the pass…well…fast. I picked up the slip, 11.03 129.22 1.80. And that was it for the day.

Special thanks to dgdoc, Steve, and Bill for their moral support and assistance crewing the car, today.

For the record, nothing has been changed on my car since delivery other than the driver’s experience. ECU/PCM is stock. Air filter is original. Nothing after-market at all.

I did dismount the stock rears and strap on three-year-old BFG 315.35.17 DRs, graciously lent to me by Dick Link. :thumb These tires are perfect for the C6Z in that they don’t overwhelm the finicky LS7 clutch. And, if properly heated, they can provide excellent traction. I also raised the stock front tires to 40 psi; above that the DIC starts nagging on start-up.

If anyone wishes to draw a distinction that “bone stock” must include “stock tires,” he/she may wish to revisit scores of threads I’ve started over the past six years describing adventures at the drag strip with bone-stock Z06s either on (1) stock tires or (2) drag radials. I’m always clear about the tires on the car any particular day, in the thread title.

On shift points, as alway, I tried to make each shift as close to the limiter as possible without kissing it. On this 10.85 pass my shift points were good, at 7000 except for the 2-3 which occurred at about 6700. So, was not a perfect pass.

As for powershifting, I eased the throttle on the 1-2 and 2-3 but did powershift the 3-4. My experience has shown that you can shift fast while still easing the throttle. Takes practice.

I’ve written frequently that it takes 30-50 passes for a driver to approach his lower limit in a new plaform. That 10.85 was my 52d pass in the car.

I have some video footage of uncertain quality (new guy on the camera) and some audio files of the exhaust on the pass, plus a spreadsheet with split/incremental analysis. I’ll work on these over the weekend and edit them into this post. I am posting the slip of this record pass, certified by an MIR tower official.

I close by offering my continued appreciation to the Corvette Team and extended family for the C6Z06, a truly amazing car and the new legend. And somehow I know, Zora is pleased.

Edit (061105): I've added a thumb of my normal spreadsheet analysis of the 10.85 pass at a negative DA against my 11.06 at a positive DA last week. It clearly shows the small contribution made by the better DA. But improved driving in the first 330' is the main factor that made the pass memorable.

Best to all,

Ranger

Sparky
09-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I don't think she's very bright. She's a driver though, that seems to be about it. Kinda makes you wonder if she's just a natural talent but doesn't really know much about cars, as opposed to a real professional driver...who belongs behind the wheel. I'm all for chicks racing and being into cars, but putting them behind the wheel because they're hot and its cute is a buzzkill for me. Just another gimmick.

Mista Bone
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Cole Trickle had more brains than Danica!

Walter
09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Cole Trickle had more brains than Danica!

Danica has mo' money and skill than Mista Bone!

BigBadStang
09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
i bet if she test drove a honda civic her words would not be so harsh.
sponsorship money is EVERYTHING!
i dont follow import junk, but isnt acura (honda) due to bring out a performance car or something?

Mista Bone
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Danica has mo' money and skill than Mista Bone!

She has more skill at destroying gearboxes! I've seen her destruction. Simply because she didn't wanna admit the clutch pedal was too far away!

Money isn't everything.....although a little extra helps.

Dunno what Honda has coming out to replace the NSX or S2000, I know I can't afford it, so why bother.

BigBadStang
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
you're right that money isnt everything.
but what i was getting at, is that with driving a factory backed honda, her "views" could be slanted a tad. i am sure somethings in her contract about press for other manufacturers, and since honda doesnt really compete with lamborghini, and porsche on a daily basis...

tim c
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM

:agree::postpix:

boosted 98
09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
she needs a little shake and bake !

Mista Bone
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
She is a fucking spoiled brat and that was my words to a Team Manager at Team Rahal while I was up in Hillard for a job interview three years ago.

I don't doubt she can drive, but she was pushed thru the system while other more capable drivers were passed over.

Same thing was done with Sarah Fisher when she won the Team Green program for new drivers. A local driver (BJ Zacharias) was passed over simple because they thought they could market a female at Indy better.

Compare BJ's carreer highlights to Danica's

http://www.doranracing.com/driver_bjzacharias.htm

Yeah, his parents didn't have alot of money........they still live in Ross.

DeckerEnt
09-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Highlights of BJs?? Where did you see that? LOL
Keith

Mista Bone
09-13-2007, 12:39 AM
BJ Zacharias' career as a driver you gutter minded KY hillbilly :)

Oh yeah, Honda is testing something "special" at Nuremburg Ring (sp) next week. A SCCA ITA Racer takes running one of my trannys is the test driver.....

"I'll get some pics of the ring. Word is that I can't take pics in our shop, but anything else if fair game. It is a public road after all!"

He also helped tweaked the setting on quite a few of the newer Honda/Acura "performance" setups, but is quite quiet and never leaks decent useable info.

BigBadStang
09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
She is a fucking spoiled brat...

Don't hold back bro...tell us how you REALLY feel!:lol::lol:

347sc
09-13-2007, 10:26 AM
BJ Zacharias' career as a driver you gutter minded KY hillbilly :)

Oh yeah, Honda is testing something "special" at Nuremburg Ring (sp) next week. A SCCA ITA Racer takes running one of my trannys is the test driver.....

"I'll get some pics of the ring. Word is that I can't take pics in our shop, but anything else if fair game. It is a public road after all!"

He also helped tweaked the setting on quite a few of the newer Honda/Acura "performance" setups, but is quite quiet and never leaks decent useable info.

Honda is using one of your trannys to test in Germany? You going? Have I missed something?:confused:

Buckeye
09-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I know a real good friend of Kenny brak (sp?) that told me the he pretty much hated her and whould just tolerate her in front of the press while they were teamed together. But my freind also said he met her in person and said she is super hot in person. So I will stick with checking het out and not watching pro open wheel racing. (never been the same for me since they killed the 500)

Buckeye
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Mista what do you do ?

Mista Bone
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda is using one of your trannys to test in Germany? You going? Have I missed something?:confused:

takes = thats, dyslexia owns me.

The Honda engineer, thats using one of my trannys in his race car, is going to Germany to test drive Honda's new sports car.

Mista Bone
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Mista what do you do ?

I'd hit it, TWICE!!!!!

Hit it and run......

thejock60
09-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I don't know what vette she was driving but tonight both of my buddies got torn new ones by a stock 08 zo6. I'm not talking about any kind of weak cars either 528whp 03 cobra with a 50 shot and a evo that beat the cobra by a 1.5 tonight. the vette only had 700 miles on the clock. But had been taken back because the synchro's went bad. I'll host the video in the next couple days.

Mista Bone
09-16-2007, 03:53 AM
damn old fockers can't shift, breaking new trannys.

I bet he used to own a Mustang :)

thejock60
09-16-2007, 02:16 PM
lol he's got it for sale on ebay already for 70k because he says he was going to kill himself with the car. The kicker last night was he didn't even race his own car, I need to find a buddy with a z06 to let me drive:lol:

BigBadStang
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
fuck a vette...take the 70k+, and build a car that would DESTROY a Z0whateverthefuck.

mach_u
09-17-2007, 08:46 AM
fuck a vette...take the 70k+, and build a car that would DESTROY a Z0whateverthefuck.
Yeah but at the end of the day you are going to have a crap ton of money in a car that is worth 1/4 of what you put into it and with none of the style and class that the vette brings. I love my Fords but after getting a ride in a new Z06 a month back I fell in love with them. Everything from the touch button doors, to the heads up display with G-meter, to just smooth power and awesome cornering. $ for $ they just can't be beat IMO. You've got a vehicle that kicks ass in the 1/4 but then handles in the twisties like they're nothing! :bigthumb

BigBadStang
09-17-2007, 09:01 AM
to each his own i guess.
i know a few guys that all they ever wanted was a vette. when they finally were able to get one, they rarely drove them, then after a year or so, sold them. they all said it got to be a "chore" to go anywhere in them, or the luster wore off. i dont know exactly what they meant, but it went from dream to sold in just over a year for each of them.
i like what i like, and i dont like ANY GM. just not for me. i would rather buy an 03/04 cobra with next to no miles for 32k, put another 25k in it, and bank the rest of it. to me,cars (that arent ultra old or rare) are not an investment. 9 times out of 10 you will loose money on most any car. so return on investment for a car that in would love, is irrelevant to me, as i would probably keep the car for ages (i'm weird like that, i seem to keep shit forever! lol).

Mike
09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
to each his own i guess.
i know a few guys that all they ever wanted was a vette. when they finally were able to get one, they rarely drove them, then after a year or so, sold them. they all said it got to be a "chore" to go anywhere in them, or the luster wore off. i dont know exactly what they meant, but it went from dream to sold in just over a year for each of them.
i like what i like, and i dont like ANY GM. just not for me. i would rather buy an 03/04 cobra with next to no miles for 32k, put another 25k in it, and bank the rest of it. to me,cars (that arent ultra old or rare) are not an investment. 9 times out of 10 you will loose money on most any car. so return on investment for a car that in would love, is irrelevant to me, as i would probably keep the car for ages (i'm weird like that, i seem to keep shit forever! lol).

I bought a perfect, but used C5. I put 10k+ miles on it in 6 monthes, and it was the best car ownership experience I've had.

Corvette people sometimes don't realize, there cars AREN'T rare, they can be replaced, and they should have fun with them. Fuck, they made 247k C5's ALONE.

Any car, should be driven, beaten on, enjoyed, and taken care of. If it's just something you have to look cool in your garage, save yourself the money and buy an expensive televison.

BigBadStang
09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
whats the big riff with Bluecrew?
i dont know him or anything, i just see alot of slams on him (your sig)...lol.
did i miss a big argument in the whippin room or something?

just curious is all.
and if i am stirring the pot, i apologize...just pm me then. :)

Mista Bone
09-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Two big threads about BooHooCrew :)