Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
San Antonio [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio

firestang70
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I am leaving this week for San Antonio TX. My oldest boy is graduating from basic training from the Air Force, so we are going down to see him. I will be there for a week and will have the rest of the family with me. Does anyone know of some really cool places to visit or some real good mom and pop restaraunts? This is going to be an emotional week for me. He is my oldest and its been tough letting go. A couple of prayers for my family would be great. I "Clark Griswald" am going to make a road trip out of this.:HYF:

Byrd Man
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Dale,

It will be exciting and heart wrenching in the same breath as you see your son graduate. As far as the resterraunts in Texas, they're great. I've spent many weeks around the Dallas / Ft. Worth cities, Waco, & Austin. I never made it to San Antonio. I tried my hardest, but never made it. Around the East side of Dallas their are some resteraunts with the last name Poppa. There are 3 brothers that own and operate their own Mexican resteraunts. They are very good. Also a buffet called Palamino's throughout TX's and it's the best Buffet I've ever eaten at. For Steak the "Salt Grass" is one of the top steak resteraunts in Texas.
You know I could go on and on. :D Keep you eye out for all the old cars. I seen more old Chevy's from the 50's in Elgin, TX than any where else in my life.

Have a fun and safe trip.

firestang70
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks Bryan will try to look up some of those places.

DeckerEnt
09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Congrats and good luck to your son!! Tell him we are all very proud of him for serving his country. If he gets back this way, let us know. I would love to have a get together with him and just say thanks.
Keith

mustang8998
09-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Congrats and good luck to your son!! Tell him we are all very proud of him for serving his country. If he gets back this way, let us know. I would love to have a get together with him and just say thanks.
Keith

+1 :bigthumb

The River Walk and The Alamo are two things that come to mind.

Pops Fun
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
a 2nd on the river walk.. good restaurants

Thoughts and prayers

Just drive out of town snd enjoy the scenery..

bobtsgt
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
3rd the Riverwalk. Go to Hooters. Take a boat ride on the river if you can. See you when you get back.

COOP
09-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Riverwalk is great

If you like mexican food, I recommend you go Mi Tierra's, its in down town San Antonio in the mercado area. Best fajitas I have ever had and they have kick ass margaritas. Its open 24hrs and has a huge panderia (bakery) with killer sugary snacks too. Deff. the best place I have been to in SA.

The alamo is also a must see.

Enjoy your trip!

MsBlkramair
09-03-2007, 08:33 PM
definately the river walk! we had a blast there when my hubby graduated from AIT at fort sam houston.

firestang70
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Got back yesterday. 1250 miles in 17hours 55 minutes! Bandit you need a co pilot? LOL Riverwalk is awesome, Alamo was very cool. Matthew looked great and made me very proud as a dad and a American.

MrsAPE
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Glad you had a good time.
Welcome back!!