Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What kind of cell phone plan do you have? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cell phone plan do you have?

92StangMan
08-24-2007, 02:06 AM
I've stayed away from cell phones for as long as possible. Everyone in the world has a cell but for some reason I never cared much about getting one. Now that I am moving to Cincy, I figured it would time to get one since they are cheaper than having a landline.

What kind of phone do you have and a plan with the minutes? I've been in a few stores and the prices per company are comparable so I'm going to search online tomorrow and see what I can find.

DeckerEnt
08-24-2007, 02:33 AM
I have mine through my company. I get like 350 mins per month, nights and weekends are free, calls to my bro are free, I think we pay 30.00 a month or something like that. We are with cincinnati bell and have our internet with them as well. We both have razor's with camera and all that stuff.
Keith

dedpedal
08-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Im on Verison thru my work. I pay 20 a month for 400 minutes, but the company is absorbing most of the bill. I cant complain about the quality of service and I cant remeber the last dropped call.

MrsAPE
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Verizon here. We love it!

Black Hole
08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I use Verizon and my Samsung U740 for my personal phone.....450 anytime min, unlimited nights & weekends with a data plan (internet & email) and everything for like $50.xx with taxes. I get reception everywhere and their customer service is 100 times better than Sprint or Cincinnati Bell (the companies that I used to use).

For work I have an i-mate K-JAM through Cincy Bell. Unlimited data and phone plan for like $100/mo. Because UC is on a hill and most of our buildings are solid concrete and steel, I don't have reception in a lot of the buildings, but having Windows Mobile with Exchange email and my calendar at all times is really nice. The phone is hard to use when driving.....other than the service, it's my only complaint.

Holly
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I have used Sprint for the past 8 years (I have had the same number for that long). I am on my 4th phone, it's a Katana, and I love it. It does not drop calls, it takes excellent picture and video, and was very reasonable. I get 500 minutes, plus internet access, unlimited text messaging, runs me about $45 a month for everything. Nights start at 7pm, long distance is free, and so are weekends (as with most plans).

I love Sprint, I doubt if I ever switch over.

92BlackStang
08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
cricket unlimited use for 50 a month talk all day if you want unlimited picture and text messages also. No contract , so your not stuck with the contract if you dont like the service. stay away from the free phones they offer you, Your better off to spend a lil money . The free phones they give you arent good at all. wont hold good charge drop calls etc

08 Vette
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Verizon here! It's been the best service I've been with so far. I pay $39 a month for 400 mins.
I have Nextel/sprint at work. Hate it, I drop calls all the time.

Goober
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Helio. I have their Drift (I know, it sounds ricer-ish) phone. I have all the add ons (internet, unlimited text, ext.), but they offer plans with just minutes and pay-as-you-go texting and internet. Free nights and weekends, and I think pay as you go (a.k.a al la carte plan) is $40/month. with 500 minutes.

http://www.helio.com/page?p=join&

Paul408Notch
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
I just re-upped with Sprint. They gave me a Mogul for $299 with no rebates, and I talked them into putting me on the SERO plan. 1250 minutes, nights and weekends start at 7, unlimited EVDO data access, unlimited text and picture messaging, all for $41 plus tax after my corporate discount. I don't think it's possible to get a better plan.

89notch
08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Just made the switch from nextel to Verizon. I get 2100 shared mins with data and the broadband service for the laptop for 139.99 for both phones.

ruby71oh
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I have used Sprint for the past 8 years (I have had the same number for that long). I am on my 4th phone, it's a Katana, and I love it. It does not drop calls, it takes excellent picture and video, and was very reasonable. I get 500 minutes, plus internet access, unlimited text messaging, runs me about $45 a month for everything. Nights start at 7pm, long distance is free, and so are weekends (as with most plans).

Ditto! Have had Sprint for about 8-9 years and have never had a problem with them. After either 18 months or 2 years (can't remember) you can redo your plan and get $150 off a new phone. Hubby and I just got new phones this year and a $100 credit off of our bill when we renewed.

Mike
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM

From what my associate Bryan says, you came into my store for your latest phone, correct?

I just wanted to say thank you again, I wish I would been here to handle it personally. Anything else you need in the future, let me know!

331TwistedWedge
08-24-2007, 07:32 PM
i have sprint ... i drop calls everyday ... nothing like waiting 15-20 minutes on hold for an important phone call & then you drop them ... if i dont drop the call, they cant hear me ~ "can you hear me now" is an everyday phrase ... i live in mainville & my reception out of my apartment is pure shit ... i have to stand in the front of my laundry room to talk with people ... i feel like that commercial with the man on top of the book case trying to make a call :lol:

anyway i have 1500 minutes / 500 text messages for 72.00 a month ... peak is 7am - 7pm with free nights & weekends ...

i strongly advise against sprint, they are nearly impossible to drop "under contract" ... i have been with them for 7 years & they say i'm under a 2 year contract ... if you make any little change (change phones, up minutes, up text messages, change peak time) they extend the contract for 2 more years ... my phone is a razor - my 4th different phone ~ nothing works!

Mike
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
i have sprint ... i drop calls everyday ... nothing like waiting 15-20 minutes on hold for an important phone call & then you drop them ... if i dont drop the call, they cant hear me ~ "can you hear me now" is an everyday phrase ... i live in mainville & my reception out of my apartment is pure shit ... i have to stand in the front of my laundry room to talk with people ... i feel like that commercial with the man on top of the book case trying to make a call :lol:

anyway i have 1500 minutes / 500 text messages for 72.00 a month ... peak is 7am - 7pm with free nights & weekends ...

i strongly advise against sprint, they are nearly impossible to drop "under contract" ... i have been with them for 7 years & they say i'm under a 2 year contract ... if you make any little change (change phones, up minutes, up text messages, change peak time) they extend the contract for 2 more years ... my phone is a razor - my 4th different phone ~ nothing works!

I do agree that Sprint has its downfalls... BUT, a couple things I want to address;

Motorola phones are the WORST with Sprint. Next time, try a Sanyo phone. They only make phones for Sprint, and JD power and associates rates Sanyo phones the highest in consumer satisfaction.

Secondly, your contract is only extended when getting a phone at a lower price, or changing your actual rate plan. Adding and deleting features like text messaging, web etc does NOT effect contract terms.

Just a little heads up.

331TwistedWedge
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I do agree that Sprint has its downfalls... BUT, a couple things I want to address;

Motorola phones are the WORST with Sprint. Next time, try a Sanyo phone. They only make phones for Sprint, and JD power and associates rates Sanyo phones the highest in consumer satisfaction.

Secondly, your contract is only extended when getting a phone at a lower price, or changing your actual rate plan. Adding and deleting features like text messaging, web etc does NOT effect contract terms.

Just a little heads up.

cool, i appreciate it ...

they want $200.00 to get out of the contract ... i guess i'm waiting until march ... some people have good luck with them & some don't ... i guess it all depends on where you use your phone & what kind of phone you have :confused:

Mike
08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
cool, i appreciate it ...

they want $200.00 to get out of the contract ... i guess i'm waiting until march ... some people have good luck with them & some don't ... i guess it all depends on where you use your phone & what kind of phone you have :confused:

I'm sure you can get out of the contract, I've seen MANY people do it. It really just takes calling, and calling, and calling, etc.

When you do, let me know and I'll set ya up with Verizon :-) My back-up provider!

SlowRS
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I am currently fighting with sprint, as I switched to verizon, and they are trying to say that I broke my contract.

FWIW, I am glad I switched to Verizon. I got 2 choclates and a lower end camera phone for 60 bucks total thanks to rebates.

88 beast
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
i got cincy bell here 1000 any time free nights weekends and text/internet for 50 a month service is ok