Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Employment Q's [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Employment Q's

Buckeye
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Ok so I have closed my biz down and am looking for a new career. Have you guys had any luck with Monster or the like sites? I am looking for a career not just a get by job. I want to get back to school and need to ad stability to do that. Advice and insight is thanked

Ranger50
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Personal experience on Monster, CareerBuilder, etc...

I did it...it got me SQUAT.

YMMV.

Brian

04 Venom
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Unless you have a sought after degree (i.e. MBA) or an in demand trade (i.e. skilled machinist) you may be better off watching the want ads locally and the Sunday Enquirer employment section. If you find something that looks right for you, tailor your resume to highlight how your knowledge and experience match the ad. Good luck.

cstreu1026
08-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Only thing I have ever gotten out of from Monster was calls from recruiters.

Buckeye
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
see I wondered about that hmmm

mr_malina
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I get a lot of spam from those sites too.

Black Hole
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Monster sucks.

Careerbuilder has some decent links (I use the link through www.cincinnati.com and it'll include the local ad's from the paper), but I haven't had a lead work out yet.

Most of my better leads have been from searching that companies job opportunities listing. :dunno:

Holly
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok so I have closed my biz down and am looking for a new career. Have you guys had any luck with Monster or the like sites?

I heard something about Monster on the news this morning. Apparently people are hacking into their website and getting people's PERSONAL information. Just an FYI........

theyallslow
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I think all the online job sites suck, but thats how i got my job. it took about 6-8 mouths to get a reply and then I found this job. Good luck with your search.

Buckeye
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
See I am trying to find a mangment position or something of the like. I am trying to leave wrenching full time. I hoped that running my own biz was enough management and or sales to land something good. That for the insight on moster. I have been hitting the papers and craigslist (selectively). It is funny I kind of feel like I am starting over.

92StangMan
08-26-2007, 01:37 AM
What kind of management are you wanting to get? A lot of jobs hire and really don't take the time to put the word out. If there's a place where you're interested in working, what harm is there in stopping by to see if they're looking for anyone? Even if they say they are not looking, still drop your resume off and fill out an application. Make sure your resume is up to date and looking VERY good. Your resume is what gets you in the door. You can have all the qualities they are looking for and if it comes down to you and one other person, if their resume looks better, you're out of luck.

Buckeye
08-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I have a real nice resume and I have droped off many just seems that up here at the moment that things suck for the job market. :(