Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My new old coupe. [Archive] - Page 3 - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My new old coupe.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

DeckerEnt
11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I will bring some parts down with me but nothing too major. I will be dragging her home after the party So I have something to do over the winter.
Keith

R825OH
11-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Glad shes comin back outta the weather dude!!!

DeckerEnt
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, sort of.... Got a good car cover and she will be hanging out behind the shop. After the first of the year, my business slows way down so I should have time to roll it inside and work on it in my down time.
Keith

1992MustangDW
11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
cool, nice car

DeckerEnt
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks... Come down to my farm party and see it in person!!
Keith

R825OH
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey we just might !!!!

DeckerEnt
11-19-2008, 09:43 PM
If I haven't said it before, Everyone is invited!!!! Travel time: aprox 1 hour from the OH Ky bridge. I will be at my shop around 11:00 if anyone wants to follow me down.
Keith

92coupe
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Get back to work on that coupe!

That's all.

DeckerEnt
11-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I peeled the cover off the coupe while at the farm party and she is looking pretty sad. I will be running down to the farm to clean up the shooting range and will probably bring her back home.
Keith

DeckerEnt
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, my wife knows I am bringing the coupe back from the farm. I am so busy with work the rest of this month that i will have to wait till after the first of the year to get her home. We have a really slow time over the winter so i should have time to get her running well before spring. I will post up as many pics as I can. Stay tuned.
Keith

DeckerEnt
12-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Went to the farm today. Snapped a pic.

KobraII
12-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Do work son! I can't wait to get back to work on my car

DeckerEnt
12-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I am going to the farm to get my coupe and bring it back to the shop. I am thinking on doing this on New Years Eve!! My kids are going to be gone and my wife told me to find something to do. Sounds like a plan to me. Go to the farm, shoot some stuff, blow some stuff up, hook up the trailer, tow the coupe back to the shop, then off to Dickmans for new years. Anyone want to join me? If a few want to go, I will post this up in the hanging out section.
Keith

DeckerEnt
12-26-2008, 02:50 PM
New Years afternoon is the plan. Meet at my shop around 11:00-11:30, load up and head down to the farm. Shoot some stuff, blow some stuff up, then load the coupe on the trailer and drag it home. The plan is to be back to my shop around 5:00 or so. That way if anyone has plans for the new year, they can make it.
Looking forward to having my car back....
Keith

motox159
12-31-2008, 04:28 AM
Glad your going to be able to make some more progress on that beast brother. I have really been slacking here cause of my work schedule and this chick that keeps putting her boobies in my face...should still have mine together by spring. Have a Happy New Year bro!!!!!

DeckerEnt
12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
That is one of those distractions. Or two, LOL!! Mine is back home now. Should start some more progress updates soon.
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Picked up a tow dolly today. That will make it so much easier to move the car in and out of the shop this winter. Thanks Jeff!!!
Now to get my car off the big trailer and on to the dolly. That happens Monday!
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Well, I got the car off the trailer, swapped the front tires, and tried the tow dolly. The dolly isn't going to work out as well as I thought it would. I guess I will just have to pull it with a tow strap then push it inside. It is going to suck so I just need to get it started as soon as possible. Got the big trailer back to the farm too so that is out of the way. I will bring my camera and get some pics next time.
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
I am going to try to pull the coupe into the shop tomorrow after my last cleaning job. It is time to start getting some stuff done. I am seeing projects getting work done and I am just spinning my wheels here. Going to get it working soon. Don't worry, I will post up the pics.
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Got the coupe in the shop this morning. Working on brakes. I am finally putting the braided ones from Earl's on the front. 2 trips to advance autoparts and I got the right crush washers. I need to fab up the mounts for the hard line to the braided. The old ones went with the old framerails. Then bleed the lines and they are done. Pics later tonight.
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Just pulled the coupe back to the rear of the shop. I have brakes now!!! Big thanks to Kevin for stopping over and helping me bleed them. Another thing checked off the list. I will post a few pics when I get home. Progress!!
Keith

DeckerEnt
01-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Here are a few pics I have been promising. The ultra fat rubber on the back is looking better to me. What do you all think?
Keith

89notch
01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Car is looking good but I would change the wheels out for a different offset to tuck the rears in a bit. I have a set of 4 lug welds I will sell for cheap if you're interested.

Maximus
01-23-2009, 09:52 PM
You did grow up in the 70s didnt ya? Air Shocks and 50 series tires.:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Kelly, thanks but I will be switching to 5 lug as soon as it is running. Craig, Yep!:bigthumb Actually born in 1970.
Keith

Gearhead
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
You did grow up in the 70s didnt ya? Air Shocks and 50 series tires.:bigthumb

Don't forget about the metal flake paint either !!! JFWY Keith !!!

Looks like it's coming along !!

DeckerEnt
01-24-2009, 03:06 PM
That's mystic flake. LOL. Yes paint is in the plans too but not till maybe the end of next year. Got to figure out a color for the trunk lid. No way to match the purple that is on it with the flake in the clear.
Keith

mustangjon
01-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I have a couple gallons of pink we could roller on to get you by.... :lol:

DeckerEnt
01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Bring it down. It may look better....
Keith

Foxxx5oh
01-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Car is looking good but I would change the wheels out for a different offset to tuck the rears in a bit. I have a set of 4 lug welds I will sell for cheap if you're interested.

how cheap is cheap? :D

motox159
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I think you need to run some 1" straight pipes out the back of that beast lol. Those break lines work out good for you brother?

DeckerEnt
01-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Yep! No leaks and they work. Thanks!!!!! No to the straight pipes. Got flowmasters...
Keith

Maximus
01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
AHHH No straight pipes!! There is enough Low Rent White trash Ghetto stuff running around!!:lol:

92coupe
02-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Keith is your coupe running yet??

DeckerEnt
02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Not quite. If it gets as warm tomorrow as they say, i might get some stuff done then.
Keith

DeckerEnt
02-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Actually got some stuff done today. Mocked up the upper intake, throttle body, ducting, mass air meter and filter. Also got two solid bolts in the dash to firewall. It is tight now.
Found out the tow dolly I have doesn't go in reverse well. Popped a tire right off the rim to prove it too.
Pics later...
Keith

mustangjon
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
your suppose to have air in the tires first

i'll get those injectors tomm or friday if your there after hours or something lol

DeckerEnt
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Here are a couple pics. Sorry cell phone camera.

DeckerEnt
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Put mine in the shop again today. Gonna try and get some more stuff done!!Stay tuned!!
Keith

DeckerEnt
02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
A few pics for you all. Well one anyway. Seems I have reached my quota on pics. weird. Oh well, nothing a PM to Holly won't solve.
Keith

KobraII
02-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Make a photobucket account! Should solve your problems

DeckerEnt
02-27-2009, 09:41 PM
A short update. Hollowed out the hole in the fireewall for the wiring. The one under the master cylinder. Hope to get the wires pulled through tonight. Put in my new speedo cable. Painted my headlight buckets black, sorry Kenny, and need to figure out how to put them back in. Dropped my alternater off to get rebuilt. This guy can do wonders. Should get it back early next week.
Anyone know how all the accesory brackets bolt up to the heads and block? I got all these powder coated pieces and don't remember exactly how they go back on. Plus I have the a/c delete plate to move the power steering pump up.
Well that is all for now. I will post up later on what I get done tonight.
Keith

mustangjon
02-27-2009, 09:53 PM
keep up the good work, you could come over sunday and help me put on the supercharger and then you could figure the brackets that way heh.

DeckerEnt
02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
My wiring is pulled through the fire wall!!!! Finally!!! Done for tonight. Going to see if I can post myspace pics. That may solve the pic space thing. Later..
Keith

DeckerEnt
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.myspace.com/keithdecker
I will be posting my pics on my Myspace page. Come visit, buy me on own your friends, etc etc...
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, not too much to report on. Got my alternater rebuilt. May be working on it Wed. If all goes well, I will get the fuel injecters figured out and installed, the starter bolted in and wired, the front acessory brackets bolted on, and the upper bolted on. Then it is on to the interior. Got to get the guage cluster in it, with the correct odemeter reading, LOL, and all....Exaust bolted in...unless I decide to leave them off for the start up.
Keith

Ryan218
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
its coming alng!!

MrsAPE
03-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Keep it up. Getting closer. Going to be worth it in the end...right?!

DeckerEnt
03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I hope so...

Stangman
03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Gonna make the cruise in right?

PONYGRL
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Cant wait to check it out when it is finished Keith :)

Blackpony
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Well damn guy, we have layaway.:bigthumb

Craig i didn't know you guys had layaway

DeckerEnt
03-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I am headed to the shop here in a few. Going to get some stuff done. It is already inside. Pics will be on myspace. LOL
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Got a little bit done tonight. Got a set of 19 lb injecters from Kevin, thanks guy, and with those and the ones off the coupe motor, came up with a set with good o rings and good plastic "hats". Cleaned them up as good as I could, lubed them with motor oil, then installed them on the motor. Found out the hold down bolts are different than Kevin's intake so had to find another screw only to find out one of the holes was stripped. Found a bigger bolt and it threaded in tight. I am not touching it. I found my wiring harness for the injecters but it looks like crap and most of the plastic tubing is greasy and broken. Will go to Advance tomorrow and get some new stuff and wrap it right.
Going to button it up for the night, tow it behind the shop and head home. I set my profile on myspace to public so everyone can see my pics now. I will post a few when I get home.
Later...Keith

DeckerEnt
03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Forgot to mention that i got the rear water hoses installed to the heater core.
While putting the coupe behind the shop, I got the scare of a lifetime. Pulled the car behind the shop and the tow dolly wouldn't unhook from the ball. I went into my exped and backed up an inch or so and my car unlocked from the ball and started rolling away. Jumped out and grabbed the dollyand stopped it. The car must have popped out of gear. It rolled a good 10 feet before i stopped it. Kind of freaked me out.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Just uploaded a ton of pics on myspace. Check em out. I posted all the frame rail pics from start to finish. Enjoy!!
Keith
www.myspace.com/keithdecker

mustangjon
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
keep up the good work keith, if your going to be wrenching at all around 4 on sat, i might be able to stop by for like 30-45 min or so. that coupe be a multicolored pavement pounder soon

DeckerEnt
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
May pull it in the shop today. I will post up!
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Yep, it is inside. Connected the FI harness. Found I need new O2 sensors. 40 each. Found my battery tray so after the paint dries, I can put that in. Found my coil. May have Kenny powder coat that. Got to find my power steering pump bracket. That needs powder coating too.
This sucks to not have much work to do but at least I can get some stuff done on the coupe!!
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Need to figure out vaccum hose routing. I know I need one for PVC, brake booster, 2 on throttle body I think, some for under the dash. Don't know if I can just run a tee off the dash and split it all from there then block off all the ones under my upper intake. I have some research to do on that. Leaving the coupe inside tonight because it is not going below freezing tonight. Will be down here tomorrow after work to get some more stuff done.
Keith

mustang8998
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Here is a diagram, for an '88. Don't know if it will help you.

vacuum diagram (http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif)

DeckerEnt
03-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Thank You very much Jeff. That does help out. I owe you one at the cruise in.
Keith

mustangjon
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
you should need 3 vacuum sources really, biggest thing is make sure they arent clogged "aka my diesel like lincoln" my car before charger is set... one pcv, one to vacuum tree, and one to evap canister.. and thats it

DeckerEnt
03-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Kevin and I are making progress today. I will post pics later.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Pics are posted on myspace. Got alot done today!! Bolted upper on, found one is stripped so a stud is going in soon. Hooked up all my vaccum lines too. Kevin attached inside today. I have a guage cluster in the car now!!! Thanks Kevin. Most of my dash is bolted in tight as well. Things are progressing well.
Keith

KobraII
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Glad everything is going smoothly Keith. Can't wait to see it out and about!

DeckerEnt
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Got some parts ready for powder coating. I will be dropping them off to Kenny tonight. Thinking on getting the trans rebuilt too. Just had to update a little.
Keith

mustangjon
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
you get those 3 screws out lol? I was afraid if i took it home with me last night i would forget something/loose it ect, my garage looks like my lincoln puked out parts and tools in it.

DeckerEnt
03-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I got it apart today and dropped off the parts to Kenny for powder coat. Yours is all colorful, mine will be gray,gray,and gloss black. As soon as I get this stuff back, i should finish up under the hood pretty quick.
Keith

mustangjon
03-11-2009, 09:05 PM
good! we dont want to have to tow your car all the way to the spring cruise in!

DeckerEnt
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Went to my local pick your part place today. Picked a few parts. Got a radiater overflow container from a town car and it doesn't leak! Found a Thunderbird with a 4.6 in it so I grabbed the electric fan from it. I have been told that if I cut the fan out of the square housing, it will fit inside a fox body fan shroud. We will see. Also picked up a 70mm mass air meter and housing. It came out of the T-Bird so it should be calibrated for 19lb injecters so no tuning. I will get all this stuff cleaned up and in my coupe and post some pics tonight!
Keith

PonymanfiveO
03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
cool!

DeckerEnt
03-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Nice having lunch today Matt!!
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Going to be at the shop today working on the coupe. My electric fan project is not looking good right now. Worked on it for a few hours last night. Need to get another inch of room between the rad and water pump for it to work right. Pics are up on myspace. Check em out.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Didn't make it Sunday to work on the car. Here today though. Going in a new direction with my electric fan project. My bro and I figured out how to seal an electric fan inside my original shroud. It involves steel sheeting, pop rivits, and L brackets. It is going to be cool, pun intended, if it works!! LOL I will post pics as I get stuff done tonight.
Keith
Oh... www.myspace.com/keithdecker

mustangjon
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Keep up the work keith, it will pay off soon enough.

DeckerEnt
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I have made good progress tonight so far. I have the fan mounted on the plate, and 4 rivets in the shroud. I just test fit it and it is going to clear with plenty of room. Going to have to paint it black to hide the rivets and the sheet metal. It is going to work, I know it. I will post up the pics when I am done.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
At the shop now. Going to finish my fan project tonight. Got a ton of rivets to put in to make it solid. Going to paint it black to hide everything. Wiring will come later. Will post pics when done.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Pics are up on myspace!! I think it looks good. Going to let it sit till tomorrow, then put it in the car. One more thing off the list. The list is getting shorter. Horray Me!!!!!!
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Back at the shop again. Going to put all my front accessories on tonight. The powder coated parts are going to look soooo cool! Pics will follow on myspace.
Keith
Oh, if anyone is out, stop on in!

DeckerEnt
03-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Almost midnight. I thought it was going to go so smoothly. Found out I need 3 bolts for the power steering relocation bracket. Have three but they are a half inch too long. Off to tractor supply sunday sometime to get the right length ones.
How do I get the power steering pump pully back on? I wrestled with it for a half hour. I think I need to grind the powder coat out of the center but I don't want to grind too much. I will finish it up tomorrow. Once I get it all bolted together, then I need a belt. Got to figure it out too.
Pics are up on myspace. www.myspace.com/keithdecker
Keith

Gearhead
03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
How do I get the power steering pump pully back on? I wrestled with it for a half hour. I think I need to grind the powder coat out of the center but I don't want to grind too much.
Keith

Keith, I've got a power steering pump pulley installer/remover if ya need to borrow it....

mustangjon
03-22-2009, 10:19 AM
same here keith you need the installer tool, i have one also since i just had mine apart. just give me a shout on the phone, or i can bring it out to fillmores if you havent gotten it by then

DeckerEnt
03-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys. I will let you know. Big thanks to Kevin for cutting my bolts down. Tractor supply only had 1 1/2 inch bolts. Now the power steering bracket is bolted on tight.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Big thanks to Jon for putting my alternater back together for me. Just got back to the shop from a late commercial job. No work on the stang tonight. May get it inside tomorrow. Taking the work truck and parking it around back so the coupe will be inside till it's running. Woo Hoo!!! Should not take too long. More later....
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Got some stuff done tonight. Picked up a fan wiring kit from advance auto. It is for the fan that I have so it should work. Got my power steering pully on, the pump installed, and the high pressure line on. Also bolted in the alternater. Got my throttle body bolted on, the egr bolted in. Found the wiring harness for the alternater and the headlights. Converting from 93 to 4 eye will be interesting.
Was going to bolt in the started but it is a powermaster one that I got from The Johnson and it has 2 wires. The one that came out of the pile has only 1 so got to figure that out.
That is all for now. May be working on it sunday but for sure monday because my work truck blew a spark plug out of the head and is getting fixed.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Put a few pics on myspace. Check em out! Got the starter in, got a bolt from Kevin so all my accesories are in tight now. Touched up some paint here and there. Heading home now. It is dinner time.
Keith

mustangjon
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
keep it up your almost there, dont want to have to trailer you to the cruise in :lol:

DeckerEnt
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Working like mad today!! Getting some progress made. Will update later.
Keith

MrsAPE
03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Crunch time. Al's working a bit on my car tonight too I think. So can't wait to have her home and drivable!!
You can do it!!

DeckerEnt
03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Got my Flowmasters on and hung. Just need turndowns. Clutch cable is bolted in tight, speedo cable is attached to frame, new gaskets for throttle body and egr are in and tight. Throttle cable is bolted in and connected. Need low pressure fitting at the rack to connect hose. Got PS cooler bolted in too. Touched up a little paint here and there as well. I have been a busy boy today. Same deal tomorrow because my work truck is getting the heads pulled. No idea when it comes back. Hell, I may have the coupe running by then. Who knows. I will post a few pics later.
Keith

R825OH
03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Keith has been working I stopped and saw alll the prgress this evening. Its almost done!!

DeckerEnt
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Good to talk to you today Bill. Thanks for stopping in.
Keith

DeckerEnt
03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Went to Besslers today. Found 2 headlight adjusting bolts, Bill got it covered Man, picked up the connecters for the 4 headlights that i am going to splice into my 89 harness. That will be fun..... Going to try to get my starter, fenderwall stuff, coil, O2 sensor harness wired up tomorrow. If anyone is out and about in the afternoon, stop on in. I could use a hand with this stuff.

DeckerEnt
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Bolted in my coil and solinoid today. Layed the wiring for the headlights and alternater. Also went to parker in Florence and found the fitting for my power steering. Things are coming together now.
Keith

DeckerEnt
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Starter is wired up, and the speedo cable thing is now bolted in instead of just pushed in real tight. May be down here at the shop tonight.

DeckerEnt
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Down here at the shop again trying to get the little stuff taken care of. Will give a full report when I am done.

DeckerEnt
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, I am down here at the shop looking for parts that I stashed away and found an In Memory sticker. It took me about 5 seconds to decide to put it on my back window. I put it right above the help a brother up sticker. Once it was on the car, I had to step back for a min.

DeckerEnt
04-04-2009, 10:51 PM
One of my 2 O2 sensors is in as well as the wiring harness for it. My headlight buckets are in, just need to find my headlights. Put the computer in but it is just hanging. Need to find all the grounds. I want to throw a battery in it and crank it over but it is not ready for that yet. Closer though. www.myspace.com/keithdecker

DeckerEnt
04-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I am going to have a hard time getting any work done on the coupe for the next few days. My work truck is still in the shop so I am renting a cleaning van to cover the work. Secondly, my brother's van sounds like it is on the verge of something really bad happening. See 2000 5.4 in the wanted section. I have 2 weeks till the cruise in and I am so close.

STREETRODZ1
04-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Keep at it man, you will make it.

DeckerEnt
04-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Well, My car has been put on the back burner to do the work van. That makes me money so...... Going to be wrenching on the coupe pretty much every evening next week to get to the cruise in. Really need a battery to get power to stuff to adjust it. TPS and so on. Going to be at the cruise in with or without it. If I don't get it running, should I just tow it? Got the dolly and the Exped.

Ryan218
04-12-2009, 12:37 AM
that or an all nighter with a big group of people to get it ready for it!

DeckerEnt
04-12-2009, 01:14 AM
That would work too..

mustangjon
04-12-2009, 08:36 AM
i can prolly turn some wrench on it wed before louis garage shuts down and i can finish mine. I'll see what i can do :)

KobraII
04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
If you want some help wrenching on it, I would be down for sure

DeckerEnt
04-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Headed to the shop. Going to work on wiring tonight. Took the battery from my Dad's old work van.

DeckerEnt
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
I hate wires. Giving up tonight. Will get back on it tomorrow.

MrsAPE
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
You can do it Keith.

Ryan218
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
what wiring are you having problems with man?

DeckerEnt
04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Huge, Big Monster THANKS to Jon. He came down to my shop today while I was out working and got some stuff done on the coupe. He took care of that wiring that I hate so much. We threw a battery in it and I have running lights now. Changed out the headlight switch in the dash and they actually turn on and off with the switch instead of staying on all the time.
I used the string method and found I need a 70 inch belt for the motor. I will go to advance for that. I need the blade type bulbs for the tail lights. I think once I do those things, I am ready to throw some fuel in it and see if it will start. May do that tonight. No driving it though. No headlights yet.
I may have to have someone follow me to the cruise in because I am not going to have time to get tags. Oh well. Wish me luck!!!!!!! I am excited now!!!!!!!!

R825OH
04-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Rock On Keith!! That Jon is a good guy!!

mustangjon
04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Glad yours is getting close mine is becoming more and more of a nightmare by the minute. Comes to find out the bellhousing after even more research and some tape measuring is actually the wrong one by far... its one for a pre roller block... funny thing with the spacer its probably within .100-.150 of the right length, but my throwout bearing was also in fork wrong. Which is what caused the retainer to break. I wouldnt think the trans backed out .150 or so of an inch would be enough to make the clutch not disengage but it still wont.

Ryan218
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
throw plates on from another car of yours. i doubt you will get hassled. just fit into the bunch of people your cruising up with!

DeckerEnt
04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey now, I am not Jesse here. I don't have a fleet of cars down here. JFWY Jesse.LOL.
My belt issue. Ever had one of those nights where nothing goes right? I took a string and figured I needed a 70 inch belt. So I go to the 24 hour autozone and have to get a 69.5. No big deal. Get it back and it is way too short. Go back to autozone, get a 71.5. Still way too short. Go back and get a 73.5, too long. I can't win for trying. I will stop out tomorrow and get a 72.5 and hopefully be done with the belt issue. Need a beer so I am headed home. Tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully with the sound of mustang exaust in the shop!!!!

sean
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM
rock on keith. Mine is still down and have no idea whats up with it.:confused:
I may have to try to make it to the cruise on my motorcycle or my truck:mad:

DeckerEnt
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Sean, I would pull the trans, not hard to do, and see what falls out of the bell housing. That would be a start.

sean
04-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I think I may do that thurs afternoon. I have been dealing with the truck. its good to go so the mustang is next.

DeckerEnt
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Picked up the right belt today! 72.5 inches works. More later...

DeckerEnt
04-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I am ready to throw the carpet in. Got the seats out, wrong bolts in the driver's side back ones Kev. Found my small arc under the hood when I hit the key. Coil not plugged in. I am finding all kinds of stuff that works now that it has power. My glove box light works, my trunk light works, my auto trunk opener button works, I am excited. Going to go get a few gallons of fuel tonight as well. If you see a huge fire in Fort Wright, it is me. LOL Oh, uploaded a few pics on myspace. Check em!!!

STREETRODZ1
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Good deal, crunch time, good luck man.

DeckerEnt
04-17-2009, 12:16 AM
If my fuel pump would kick on, it would start. I sprayed some starting fluid in it and it fired right up for a split second. I need to find out why my fuel pump isn't working. It is after 1:00 am so I am going home. Will work it out tomorrow, well today.

Rick93coupe
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Did you check the fuel pump safety switch? I don't remember what yr your car is. Mine is in the trunk on the drivers side. There's also a relay pack that goes to the pump, mine was under the drivers seat in a 1990.

DeckerEnt
04-17-2009, 01:01 AM
I have a relay in the trunk. The button you push is facing up. There is a relay under the driver's seat. How do you check that?

mustangjon
04-17-2009, 06:08 AM
it should click when energized... or volt test the side leaving it

MrsAPE
04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Woo Hoo! WOOT!

DeckerEnt
04-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Big thanks to Kevin today. While I was working, he stopped over and figured out part of the problem. Seems when the key is on, the relay under the seat doesn't get a full 12 volts so I need to wire it to a switched circuit and wire a ground. Then I am dropping the tank and going to see if my lines are clogged. I didn't blow them out before I installed them so going to try that. More later.

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Getting an early start today. Will be down here all day. If anyone is out cruising, it is a beautiful day today, Stop in and say Hey!!!

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 09:30 AM
High pressure fuel line is now clear. It was clogged with something. Took out filter, attached a hose to line at the rail, used compressed air and what ever was blocking it blew right out. Working on return line now. Same deal but now I put alot of brake cleaner in the line and have my air compresser hose attached to the return line trying to unclog that one. I han attach my air compresser line on both ends of the car so I will be doing that till it is clear. More later.

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I thought my lines were clear. Turns out the port that my pressure guage is in was blocked!!Took the hard line off the fuel rail and the line by the frame and used a screw driver to poke through the crud that blocked the hole. Before I tried this, I dropped the fuel tank out and checked the pump. I know it works....Now to put the tank back in, connect the lines, and damnit fire it up. Wish me luck.

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Pics are up on myspace. Check em!!

mustangboy
04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Does it run yet?

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Once the tank and lines go back in. Lunch right now...

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 10:11 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started the coupe!!! It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now have to put the bolt back in the fuel rail and mop up all the gas on the floor. I guess it was so shocked that it pissed all over itself. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sean
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I do that from time to time.... Glad to hear it buddy:bigthumb Come to think of it... I think I have a few screws loose too

Crucial
04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
i knew i should have stopped back down lol

R825OH
04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Freakin Cool!!

DeckerEnt
04-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Tomorrow I will start with the interior. Got my dash pad painted, got carpet on the shelf, got to get the seats bolted in, tons of stuff..got 2 weeks.

DeckerEnt
04-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I need to tap the lower intake manifold. Stripped out one bolt hole that holds the fuel rail down. Nothing like 60 plus psi of fuel leaking all over the place. LOL At least there was no fire. Got lucky there.

Gearhead
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
good job Keith!!! :bigthumb

STREETRODZ1
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Very cool, cant wait till mine is running.

DeckerEnt
04-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Fixed my fuel rail mount tonight. Picked up a tap set today and tapped in new threads and a new bolt. No leaks so far. I also pulled it out of the shop. Turned it around and pulled it in. First time it has moved under it's own power. Going to check the fluid in the trans tomorrow and maybe drive it over to dickman's parking lot. Still don't have tags for it yet. I am so happy to hear it run. It is a little on the loud side. Hee hee!!!!

mustangboy
04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Congrats Keith its been a long time coming.

DeckerEnt
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks Kenny. The motor looks Killer. The powder coat is awesome. It all got sprayed with gas the other night and it still looks great. Powder coat is some tough stuff!

DeckerEnt
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Taking tonight off from working on the coupe. I have been working on it so much lately, my hands are so cut up, my right thumb has a cut right off the side of the nail. It hurts to type this, let alone turn wrenches. Will dive back in tomorrow after work.

DeckerEnt
04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Going to replace the pressure regulater today. Hope that will fix my sky high fuel pressure issue. Then it is wiring the fan, then maybe headlights!!

Stangman
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
The fact that I last saw this car with no front end, then I came down and welded it... now it moves under it's own power is quite amazing to simply put it. Good Job Keith. Keep up the hard work!

DeckerEnt
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Put a few OUTSIDE pics up on myspace. Check em out!!

DeckerEnt
04-22-2009, 12:20 AM
I need to thank Ken from MD. When he was tearing apart his maroon coupe, Kevin grabbed the trunk stuff and gave it to me. I have the spare tire cover, all 3 side panels, and carpet!! I just threw them in tonight after work. Some screws here and there and it will look killer. Can't wait to throw a sub box of some kind and some amps in there to drown out the sound of the fuel pump and all the squeaks and stuff. May throw carpet and the rear seat in tomorrow. Who knows. Progress is a good thing!!!

KobraII
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Subs! Woo! Sounds like she's coming a long quite nicely! It won't be long now!

DeckerEnt
04-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I think my return line to the tank is clogged or rusted or something. I think it is restricting the regulator from dumping enough fuel back to the tank. That would explain the 60 psi. I tried clearing it tonight. Used my air compresser and forced air through the return line to the tank. I disconnected the line at the tank and just attached a whip line to a bucket. I would spray brake cleaner in the line in front, then blow it through, then repeat hoping to clear it. But then I tried to blow through it manually and it wouldn't flow hardly at all. I am giving up on it for tonight and move to my interior seat mount for driver side. Hope that welder still works...More later.

DeckerEnt
04-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Didn't get to the seat mount last night. Instead I temporarily wired up my electric fan to a switch. It works well pulling alot of air. Once I get it wired with the relay, that will be done. More later....

DeckerEnt
04-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Got to the seat mount tonight!! The welder still works. I cut a piece of sheet steel, drilled a hole, tightened a nut and bolt through the hole, welded the nut to the sheet, put sheet with nut attached in place, bolted seat down, tacked piece of sheet to floor, removed seat, then welded the piece in. Now that this step is done, carpet, front seats, and rear seat tomorrow!! It may look like a street car and not a race car soon.
Going to run a new return line from the hard line under the motor all the way to the tank. Going to get 1/4 or 5/16ths fuel line and mount it to the underside next to the hard lines that I put in. See my fuel pressure thread about this issue but it should be solved tomorrow as well. Progress is good!!!

Pops Fun
04-24-2009, 06:01 AM
Wow, you have been kicking butt on the coupe,,, Not long now!!

DeckerEnt
04-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks Steve. It is getting there.

DeckerEnt
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
I have to leave the shop and take my daughter to the mall. I was on a roll too. Got the pad, carpet, and passenger seat in! Was working on driver's seat when she called. Priorities.... May be back down here tonight to get the driver's seat in, then run the return line to the tank. Then I can start to tune the motor!!!!!! Can't wait. More later...

MrsAPE
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Close..can see the light at the end of the tunnel huh?! WOOT!

DeckerEnt
04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Yep!!! I has a back seat now!!! WOOT!!!!

DeckerEnt
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Back down here for a bit. Driver's seat is bolted in and adjusted to fit Me. No tall or long legged people can drive my car. LOL!!!! Unless you adjust the seat.... Got it up on the stands. Ready to run fuel line. Once that is done, reinstall intake, and fire it up with hopefully more managable fuel pressure. More later. I am on a roll now!!!!

DeckerEnt
04-24-2009, 10:57 PM
42 psi. Return line is run all the way to tank!! Now to put it back together.

DeckerEnt
04-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Took the night off from the coupe. May get down there sunday to wire up the fan and finish the interior. I want to take this thing out and drive it but I need an alignment and tags. Next week will be busy!!!!

DeckerEnt
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Me and my son went to the shop today. Got my electric fan wired in. Had to jump the 25 amp fuse but it works. Have a wire in the harness to wire to a toggle switch in the dash to bypass the temp sensor. I may get to that tonight when I head down to get some more stuff done. More later...

DeckerEnt
04-26-2009, 11:23 PM
My center console won't fit. Seems the e-brake handle is in a different place and the opening doesn't line up. May have to cut on it a little. Found out my trunk release works and my hazard lights too!!! Still need to tune the motor and find why it is idling weird. Need tags and insurance this week, then good to go!!!! See you all may3rd!!!!
Pics on myspace. www.myspace.com/keithdecker

STREETRODZ1
04-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Cool deal man, glad to hear you are on the right track now.

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Things are all coming together now. This is cool. I have a few area rugs to clean this morning so after that, I may go get tags!!!!! Thing is, I have to take the car to the court house for the inspection. I haven't driven it farther than 100 yards total. This could be interesting!! Thinking about towing it...

KobraII
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Haha, sounds like it'll be a grand old time driving it. If I didn't have to work tonight, I would so stop by the shop to see her again

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Just drive by. She is parked in the space down from the shop!! She is getting a tan today. LOL!!!!

Stangman
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Headlights work yet?!?!?

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Just called the Kenton County DMV to see how much it will cost to get tags for the coupe. Ky charges 6 % tax on new registrations so they go by blue book value. Are you ready for this, the guy says my coupe is worth $4300.00!!!! WTF!! Going to get a form and have the orig owner sign it stating I paid 300 for it. Then the tax will be on that. I will save myself a few hundred dollars for a little drive time. More later....
And not yet on the headlights!! Soon though..

MrsAPE
04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
sooooooooooo close!

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Got insurance on it now. Just need to get a form signed and pay the taxes and tags and It will be on the road!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 09:48 PM
The form is signed, will get it noterized tomorrow, then off to the court house to get tags. Woo Hoo for me!!!!!!!!!

MrsAPE
04-28-2009, 06:56 AM
WOOT!

DeckerEnt
04-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Got tags for the coupe today!!!!! Towed it on the dolly to the court house in the rain. Had it inspected and paid the taxes. A whooping $59.00!!!! Good thing I got the form signed. Now I am legally able to drive it!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

mustangboy
04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
So are you still running the way to wide wheels on the back. I really hope you are getting rid of those.

DeckerEnt
04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Kevin is going to loan me 2 turbines for the back. Got the alignment done today too!!!! Big Thanks to Jon at TD!!

mustangboy
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I've also got some 10 hole with tires if you need to borrow them.

DeckerEnt
04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Left TD in the wet and spun pretty good in 1st gear. Wheel hop bad even in the wet. What could cause that? I do have those 295/50/15s on there still but wheel hop on wet pavement??

mustangjon
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
well good news means its trying to bite... bad news means rear suspension isnt working right lol. the gold truck wheel hops even since dad got it even in the rain.

STREETRODZ1
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
No qaud shocks i assume, you better get some decent control arms and that should eliminate the issue

mustangjon
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
he has tubular aftermarket arms, not sure the brand tho..

but he did leave a 10 ft stripe then 10 one ft stripes after that :lol: when he left my shop

DeckerEnt
04-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I am going to have to stop by and see those. LOL Kinda felt weird like the tires were bouncing off the pavement like a foot. Going to have to jack it up and see if anything is loose.

MrsAPE
04-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Woot on driving it!! Feel's good huh?!

DeckerEnt
04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh Yeah!!!! Been 1 year and 8 months in the making. Now to get this TPS issue and the charging issue and it is drive time!!!

Maximus
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
KICK ASS!!! Way to go guy!!!:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
04-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Going to dive into it today when done with work. Going to crawl under the dash and ground everything, clean the connections at the back of the intake, then try to set my TPS again. More later...

Stangman
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Sounds like you have bad bushings in the rear control arms... Or you need some new axle housing bushings...

mustangjon
04-30-2009, 06:46 PM
may be the housing bushings.. think the control arm bushings were good shape when he put the tubular ones in.

R825OH
04-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Things that make you say "Hmmmm..........." for a thousand Alex!!! LOL

DeckerEnt
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone want to come down to the shop tonight and lend a hand? Sometimes another pair of eyes helps. I should be down there about 9:30 or so.

DeckerEnt
04-30-2009, 11:53 PM
may be the housing bushings.. think the control arm bushings were good shape when he put the tubular ones in.

Yep, the axle housing bushings are shot. Jacked it up tonight to have a look and it was obvious. The bushings even at ride height are all out of place. Guess I will add those to the list. No problem. Didn't get anything else done though.

aperacer
05-01-2009, 07:01 AM
i might have some left overs from one of the suspention kits. i will look..if i do you can have them.

DeckerEnt
05-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Cool!! Thanks Alan!

DeckerEnt
05-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Huge Thanks to Greg Seibert for coming down to the shop tonight and getting some stuff done. He dug up a TPS and we bolted it down. Then installed the timing pointer and set the timing. It runs much better now. It is still hunting for an idle and won't go below 1000 rpm on the stock tach. We are thinking maybe a valve is bad or a valve spring or maybe even a head gasket somewhere. Oh well. I need to rebuild my first ford small block anyway. After Greg left, I got a wild hair and washed my car inside and out for the first time in a long time. Felt good to get it clean. Hoping for no rain on sunday.

MrsAPE
05-02-2009, 07:00 AM
YAY! Mine is fithly inside. Just haven't been able to clean it. But I'm still bringing it sunday when we have no rain!! Yay on yours!

KobraII
05-02-2009, 08:21 AM
sucks that you need to rebuild the motor, but she's coming together real good now! i can't wait to see it at the cruise tomorrow

DeckerEnt
05-02-2009, 09:43 PM
I have awesomely good news but I have to jet and pick up some tires. Will post up but for now, idles fine, and I has headlights!!!!!!!!!

DeckerEnt
05-03-2009, 12:10 AM
OK. Back at shop. Greg and I dicked around with my coupe for a few hours trying to get it to idle right. Well, it didn't. So today, just for laughs, I pulled the plug on my TPS. Motor smoothed out, idled less than 1000 rpm and when I come to a stop, it doesn't die. Extatic about that!!!!
I wired up my headlights too!! Only the outers work but they work low beam and High!! My turn signals work too!! Rear left bulb is burned out but they work!!!
Picked up a set of 4 lug pony rims tonight too. My coupe will have a matching set for the cruise in!!! Rock on!!!! See you all at QS&L!!!!

DeckerEnt
05-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Got home a little bit ago. Man those ponys look good. Drag radials in back, 255 50 16s...non matching tires up front which will get newer ones soon. I buttoned up a ton of stuff tonight. Hope the cruise in happens. If I have to wait till fall, I may paint it before that one.

Stangman
05-03-2009, 08:27 AM
pics!!

DeckerEnt
05-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Just uploaded a few more pics. Check em out.
Tried to fill the power steering pump last night. I guess that return hose fitting that I found isn't going to work after all. The coupe pissed power steering fluid all over the place. Another thing on the list.

92coupe
05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Looks Good Keith!!

DeckerEnt
05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks! Made it to the cruise in, had a wonderful time, and made it home with no issues at all. Good day!!!

DeckerEnt
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Got a few issues to work out till the coupe comes out again. Power steering leak for one. Thanks to Greg Seibert for the fitting i need. Will get that on asap. There is the charging issue but my alternater is at a shop getting checked out. Got newer tires for the front today. Thanks Jon!! Gonna deal with the drag radials on the back for now untill I can find something wide enough. Going to try to get a few issues buttoned up tomorrow. More later...

Stangman
05-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I will pay you in beer to come up and finish my car!:lol:

DeckerEnt
05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
That's alot of beer Jesse!!!!!

DeckerEnt
05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, my charging issue is fixed!!! Turns out that the alternater is grounded through the bracket that is bolted to the motor. Well the bracket and the alternater are powder coated and powder doesn't conduct electricity. Had to grind on the bracket and alt to make it ground. Problem solved.
Got my power steering fitting on, just need fluid to see if it leaks. Hopefully problem solved. More later...

Pops Fun
05-06-2009, 07:09 PM
glad to hear you are still making progress!

mustangjon
05-06-2009, 07:57 PM
good job you'll have it

Stangman
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
That's alot of beer Jesse!!!!!

Whatever it takes buddy! :bigthumb

:lol:

DeckerEnt
05-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Jon and I were looking at the coupe last night and I think we figured out how I am going to paint it. Of course gunmetal gray for the lower half including the hood. From the base of the windshield, up the pillers, all window trim, roof, from upper body line right at window seal and straight back to upper edge of trunk will be black. Windows will get a tint job from Kevin. So trunk lid will be black but hood will be gray. We taped off the area last night just seeing how it would look. We tried just the roof and trim but we couldn't get the end over the quarter to look good so we just continued to the rear. Don't know when it will get paint, wopefully by the end of the summer.
More later....

MrsAPE
05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds good. We want to do mine the titanium frost on the bottom half and black on the top half (to include trunk & hood) in the black to go with the droptop. AND some kinda pink pinstripe inbetween the two colors just to make it clear it's not his car!!

Stangman
05-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Jon and I were looking at the coupe last night and I think we figured out how I am going to paint it. Of course gunmetal gray for the lower half including the hood. From the base of the windshield, up the pillers, all window trim, roof, from upper body line right at window seal and straight back to upper edge of trunk will be black. Windows will get a tint job from Kevin. So trunk lid will be black but hood will be gray. We taped off the area last night just seeing how it would look. We tried just the roof and trim but we couldn't get the end over the quarter to look good so we just continued to the rear. Don't know when it will get paint, wopefully by the end of the summer.
More later....

I think we need to see pictures here mister...

mustangjon
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
we made no pictures lol.. we used some masking tapes to draw some lines... and well trying to blend the hard edge lines of the fox to the likes of the grey hood and such, was a bit trying but i think it will good once laid out completely.. basically put an imaginary line from the back of the lower quarter window... to where the top of the quarter meets the side of the quarter and those both round off to the back... so the back flat part of the decklid would be black and the tops of the quarters and the sail panels... and all the window trim and the window frame section of the door

DeckerEnt
05-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, what he said. LOL!! I think it will be different!

DeckerEnt
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I have been driving my coupe a little here and a little there since the cruise in!! I am so happy to be driving it. When it goes into 2nd gear, it rocks!!! 3rd is even more fun but the 80 mark comes up too quick and to be truthful, I chicken out pushing it too much farther till I get the housing bushings replaced. I probably could use a front sway bar too. There is a tab on the bottom of the trans that is resting on the cross member that needs to go. It is probably what is causing all the vibration. LOL!! I need a radio at some point too. The center console either needs to get cut or the e-brake handle needs to be moved. I am slowly making progress. Just not working on it every night like before the cruise in. I will update this regularly still. Hee hee!!!! More later..

Maximus
05-11-2009, 11:07 PM
What are you going to do when its done?:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
05-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Done?? When is any project ever done?? LOL!!!! My over all plan is just to have fun with it!! Track time, Yes!! Cruise ins, Yes!! Just drive it, Oh Yes!!!!!

DeckerEnt
05-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, the coupe put me on the side of the road today. Me and my daughter were on our was to Filmores when it started back firing and sputtering. I stepped on the clutch and it died. Coasted to the side of the expressway, got out, looked behind me and the trail of gas was obvious. Turns out the fuel line poped off the filter. I crawled under, pulled the white clip off the line, pushed the line back on, put the clip back on, tested it for leaks and away we went. I guess I should find a better way to hold the fuel lines in place. Will do that after the trans comes out. More later...

MrsAPE
05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Glad it wasn't something major!!

Stangman
05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, the coupe put me on the side of the road today. Me and my daughter were on our was to Filmores when it started back firing and sputtering. I stepped on the clutch and it died. Coasted to the side of the expressway, got out, looked behind me and the trail of gas was obvious. Turns out the fuel line poped off the filter. I crawled under, pulled the white clip off the line, pushed the line back on, put the clip back on, tested it for leaks and away we went. I guess I should find a better way to hold the fuel lines in place. Will do that after the trans comes out. More later...

Glad it was an easy fix Keith!

DeckerEnt
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I will be at the shop after work tomorrow moving the back up cleaning van out and the coupe in. Need to drop the exaust and trans for a rebuild. While I am at it, the rack is coming out and getting exchanged for a new one. Yes the one in the car is new but it is leaking at the boots so it has to go. Going to put the turndowns on the flowmasters and try to fix the leaks. If anyone is out and about, stop on in!!

DeckerEnt
05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Van is out, coupe is in!! I will be down later to jack it up and maybe pull the trans out. More later....

DeckerEnt
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Got my exaust out in one piece!!!! Tightened up the connection between my H pipe and flows. Put turn downs on the end. The bolts to the shorties weren't that tight. Must make sure they are tight when it all goes back in! Now to drop the trans.... Late night working on the coupe.

DeckerEnt
05-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Driveshaft is out. Got the speedo cable and electric connections off and that is where I tore my fingers up pretty good. When it takes a bandaid to stop the bleeding, I quit for tonight. will get back to removing the trans tomorrow. Heading home. Got some stuff done though!!

DeckerEnt
05-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Bushings came in the mail today!!! New project!!!

DeckerEnt
05-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, I finally got some time to work on the coupe. My trans is laying on the floor next to the car. Woo Hoo!!! Now to deliver it to get it rebuilt. Next on the list is the PS Rack. Mine needs to come out, exchanged for a new one and re installed. Then another alignment. While waiting for the trans, the bushings in the rear end housing will get replaced with the poly ones. Burn outs here I come!!!

DeckerEnt
06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Just dropped my trans off to get rebuilt. Can't wait!!! I may be down at my shop after work today getting the rack out and maybe the bushings taken care of.

DeckerEnt
06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I am down here turning wrenches tonight. If anyone is out, stop in!!!

DeckerEnt
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
It's Friday, the wife kicked me out, again, so it is time to maybe pull an all nighter on the coupe. If the lights are on and the door is open, stop on in!!!

1992MustangDW
06-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Wish I was closer I would love to help ... Good progress

DeckerEnt
06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Got the PS rack out tonight. Going to exchange it for a new one tomorrow. Hopefully the next one won't leak. Got the rest of the night. May try the rear housing bushings. More later....

sean
06-13-2009, 01:44 AM
getting alot done. I would love to stop out and learn a thing or two. maybe when I get back from vegas with your 6 speed tranny. (if i win)

DeckerEnt
06-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Bring it, (if you win)...LOL!!!!!! I will hold my breath for that one....:rolleyes:

DeckerEnt
06-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Took the rack to advance today to exchange it. They should have one in the morning for me. May work on those bushings tonight.

DeckerEnt
06-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Got the rack from advance today. Then got the great news that my trans is ready. Once I get that in, it is driving time!!!! I can see a trip to the track in my future!!!!!

DeckerEnt
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
The rack is in!!!! Just have to put the lines on. The wheels look straight too. Going to hit up Jon for another alignment just to be sure. If I don't have too much trouble with the lines, I may work on the rear end bushings. Who knows, I got an early start tonight and am on a roll!!!!!

DeckerEnt
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Picked up my trans today. Assembly soon!!!!! Woot!!!!

DeckerEnt
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
!@^$%#*&^%)(%#^%$%%$%^^ pilot bearing!!!!!:AR15:

MrsAPE
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
tell us how you really feel there Keith!!

DeckerEnt
06-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Success!!!!!!!! All it took was the right tool for the job. Should have done this last night. Went to autozone and rented a much larger slide hammer than I had and the pilot bearing removal attachment. Literally 30 seconds. New one in just as quick. Torn between putting it together NOW, or going to the farm to get ready for the party. Decisions decisions.......Tell you later..

DeckerEnt
06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Went down to the shop tonight and got some stuff done. I got a trans in my car!!!! Still need to put on the exaust, fill the fluid, shifter, etc but the hard part is done.

DeckerEnt
06-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Got some things sorted out tonight. Found that my header bolts went in the trans to bell housing. Had to swap those out for the right ones. Got my driveshaft in too. Going to hang the exaust then head home. Got some time tomorrow in the daylight so will update then. This sucks that I have to work on it this late. Kids you know. Got to do what I got to do.....

DeckerEnt
06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
It runs and the trans goes into 2nd!!!! So happy!!!! Got power steering that doesn't leak too. Still need to do the bushings. Maybe tonight...

DeckerEnt
06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Took the coupe out cruising today for a bit. Little expressway driving, little city driving, no problems at all!!!! Good to get it out and stretch the legs finally!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Pops Fun
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
great news!!

R825OH
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Killer !!!

Stangman
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Did you do your bushings Keith?

No more multiple 1ft black marks? :lol:

DeckerEnt
06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Not yet. Still feels like the car is coming apart when the wheels spin. Damn it. May get to it sunday. Got the kids this weekend. Wife is at a fair in Ky.

MrsAPE
06-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I need to stretch Matilda's legs!! Yay you!