Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
ebay to sell my car or not??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ebay to sell my car or not???

plated
07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
,i hear everyone sells there cars on ebay?? whats the rundown on selling a car on ebay.i'm thinking about it but don't know to much about it,are people know shows or they contracted in buying if they bid on the car? or is it just a waste of money??

blk93notch
07-28-2007, 08:50 PM
i would like to know also. im about to put my blazer on so i can get some money to move on.

5.0calypso93lx
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Who knows anymore? Johnny sounds like he made out well with the coupe, but Terry got jacked around for a while before he sold his 05.

95redstang
07-28-2007, 09:20 PM
,i hear everyone sells there cars on ebay?? whats the rundown on selling a car on ebay.i'm thinking about it but don't know to much about it,are people know shows or they contracted in buying if they bid on the car? or is it just a waste of money??

get with Ricky B(331twistedwedgy)..he is the Ebay master..

331TwistedWedge
07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
its probably one of the best places to sell a vehicle (to get a good price) if the buyer pays ... you might have to re-run the auction 2-3-4 times, but it might sell on your first go around ... take a lot of pictures, describe it to a "T", start it at .99 cents ~ (this keeps costs down & it will generate more interest) ~ but set a reserve ... let it end on a tuesday, wednesday or thursday night between 8-10 eastern time ... studies show these are the best times to end an auction ...

as each person asks a question, post it for all to see your answer ... this will keep repeat questions from bugging the shit out of you ... if you need any help, just give me a call ... :bigthumb

blk93notch
07-28-2007, 11:07 PM
do they charge you even if it doesnt sell?

331TwistedWedge
07-28-2007, 11:11 PM
do they charge you even if it doesnt sell?

you get your reserve money back (if it doesn't sell), but yes it costs to run each auction ... well worth the money, if you can "get" or "get close" to what you want ...

thats why you start at .99 cents, to save money $$$$ ... obviously the car wont sell for that & the bidding will get into the thousands ... a low start will draw interest & several bids ...

not to sound like a "know it all" but i sold on there for 3 years full time and this worked out best for me ... just trying to be helpful :bigthumb ...

stroked4eyes
07-28-2007, 11:25 PM
I would not go that route honestly. You will not get what you want out of it through ebay...either that or some douche kid will ruin it by winning and won't pay. Just my .02

331TwistedWedge
07-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I would not go that route honestly. You will not get what you want out of it through ebay...either that or some douche kid will ruin it by winning and won't pay. Just my .02

you can block bids ~ (also) you can get your money back on the auction when people dont pay ... ebay is pretty good about that ... but again, i was a powerseller and had an account manager ...

it wont hurt to try, i have seen some cars go for a pretty penny :bigthumb

~ i strongly suggest ebay, just ask johnny (93cobra) the kind of money you can get for your cars ...

Katmandu
07-28-2007, 11:44 PM
You will not get what you want out of it through ebay...That's not true at all. :HYF:

It really depends on the market demand for a particular car.

Specialty cars tend to do very well on EBay whereas normal run of the mill cars usually do not.

Timing also plays a vital role in how well a car does on EBay also.

stroked4eyes
07-29-2007, 01:02 AM
That's not true at all. :HYF:

It really depends on the market demand for a particular car.

Specialty cars tend to do very well on EBay whereas normal run of the mill cars usually do not.

Timing also plays a vital role in how well a car does on EBay also.

I am only saying that based on what I have seen cars like his (specialty cars I mean...as there is not another like his) go for on eBay...and what he listed it for on racing junk.

mach_u
07-29-2007, 08:13 AM
From what I've seen Ebay is one of the best places to sell a specialty car(ie. like yours) and get top dollar for it but it can be a little tough trying to sell say a Focus, etc. for top dollar due to the extra competition of a billion other ones on there. Just my 2cents... I would say you would have good luck though! See if you can slip Beefcake a couple of bucks and have him write it up for you. He seems to always get top $$$ for his auctions!

cstreu1026
07-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Cars are done a little different than regular ebay stuff as well. its more of a flat rate set up. I think its $40 to list and $40 if it sells at least thats what it was when I helped a friend sell one a year or so ago.

Katmandu
07-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I would say you would have good luck though! See if you can slip Beefcake a couple of bucks and have him write it up for you. He seems to always get top $$$ for his auctions!AJ is right.

The more details the better. A documented (pics especially) history of the resto will help immensely as well.

venomous_svt
07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Ebay's fees blow!!!

331TwistedWedge
07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Ebay's fees blow!!!

yes they do ... i think they are a big rip off ... however, to get top dollar for you car ~ its worth sliding them 80.00 ... johnny (93cobra) listed a car on stangbangerz, racing junk, trading post, craigs list and so on ~ he had it up for 12,500.00 *it wouldnt sell* ... one week on ebay $14,000.00 ... gotta love ebay, even though they are expensive ...

plated
07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
yes they do ... i think they are a big rip off ... however, to get top dollar for you car ~ its worth sliding them 80.00 ... johnny (93cobra) listed a car on stangbangerz, racing junk, trading post, craigs list and so on ~ he had it up for 12,500.00 *it wouldnt sell* ... one week on ebay $14,000.00 ... gotta love ebay, even though they are expensive ...

the rickster is going to set it up for me and run it thru.:bigthumb thanks man

93cobra
07-29-2007, 10:06 PM
first time i've logged in since friday.....missed some of the early discussions on this.

like others said, its true i sold 3 of my cars on ebay in the past 2 months.

66 falcon..$15K
93 lx $14K
89 coupe $9K

don't expect to get tons of extra cash over & beyond what you may think its worth. i believe that if a car is rare or desirable it brings top $$....like my 93 lx with only 11,000 miles...how many red / black interior 11,000 mile lx's are at the corner of your local used cars lot...that was probably 1 of 5 in the country etc.. the falcon was an extremely clean 30,000 orig mile car with less than 1000 miles on new drive train. yeah falcons aren't as desirable as old mustangs, fairlanes, galaxies..etc...but again the clean factor was extremely rare. now the coupe...completely different story...there was over $15K in that car with less than 3,000 miles on all new stuff...ran 11's every pass consistant etc...."BUT"...faded gray paint & the fact that foxbody coupes are everywhere...i only got $9K for it.

I think whether someone has $5k or $50K invested in their car...its only worth what someone will actually give for it at the end of the day.

With your coupe having the turbo setup & one of a kind paint...its hard to tell what it will bring...either "A" dude loves the look or "B" hates it..theres no in between. I think most will think its awesome & you'll have a good chance at getting good $$ for it as long as its not priced way out of line.

I'd post that you want 10&#37; non refundable deposit within 3-4 days of auction ending & cash or verified cleared cashiers check as remaing balance payment due within 10 days of auction ending...list tons of pics, tons of details that set yours apart from the rest, and be specific that you don't want to hassel with strokers wasting your time if they are not serious. I'd also be honest & not try to cover questionable things up explaining details...that won't help matters when a guy flies in from out of state, cash in hand & calls you out on being the stroker that misrepresents the car...that could get ugly I assume...lol..

Good Luck!