Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rough Day [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rough Day

firestang70
07-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Well yesterday was a tough one for me. I sent my oldest Matthew off to the Air Force. I have been riding an emotional roller coaster for a couple of weeks now. I am very proud of him for his maturity and decision making. He is following down my path (I tried talking him out of it) and going in as a firefighter. It hasn't fully sunk in yet. I notice the little things and gets me a little misty. I was doing laundry and went in to his room and found the usual pile on his floor. I couldn't even yell at him to pick up his laundry. I did get to spend time with him the last 2 weeks. He should be home for 2 weeks in mid Dec after Tech school. Thanks for listening.

bobtsgt
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
It will be alright Dale. Atleast he is following a good path in life.

pegasus
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
when you talk to his next thank him for me

bcoh5gt
07-24-2007, 04:49 PM
That would be hard to deal with but atleast he is doing something positive with his life. Could be out doin drugs or living off of you with 3 pregnant chicks. Look at the good side, it will be o.k.

Byrd Man
07-24-2007, 06:09 PM
As a parent that would be very difficult. In Dec. when he comes home, you know Dale, he'll be a changed man. The honor, dignity, and self discipline will make him a better person. Best of wishes go out to him and your family.

firestang70
07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
As a parent that would be very difficult. In Dec. when he comes home, you know Dale, he'll be a changed man. The honor, dignity, and self discipline will make him a better person. Best of wishes go out to him and your family.
Thanks Bryan. I am very proud of him.

dedpedal
07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I can almost understand what youre going through. My "adopted " sister joined the Army after college and did 2 tours over there. My "adopted brother" joined right after highschool and is currently getting ready for his third trip to the endless beach. I worry about him everyday.

wht_stang
07-24-2007, 07:41 PM
He'll definately be a totally different person when he gets back. You'll see but you'll be proud of who he has become.

Blacksunshine
07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you to both you and your son for being brave Americans. Don't be sad be proud !!! Hell yes !!

DeckerEnt
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
God Bless America. This is why we are the greatest country in the world. Thank you for your service and thanks to your son for being one of the good guys.
Keith

firestang70
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh, I read some of the responses and think I may have lead you guys astray. Unfortunately I did not serve in the Air Force. I meant following the path of wanting to be a firefighter. Thanks for all your kind words, it does help. He truly is a brave American and helps remind me of what a great country we have.

untamed
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
You are a firefighter. You to are a hero. You have a lot to be proud of yourself. You to are a brave American as well as your son. God will bring him home safely to you.

Katmandu
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Well yesterday was a tough one for me. I sent my oldest Matthew off to the Air Force. I have been riding an emotional roller coaster for a couple of weeks now. I am very proud of him for his maturity and decision making. He made a very wise decision Firestang! :bigthumb

I served for (20) years in the USAF and Retired (as an E7 Master Sgt.) in 2003 at the ripe OLD age of 41! http://www.katmanduonline.net/smilies/usa.gif

I was a Medical Lab Technician while I was in. My 1st assignment (after Basic and my Phase I training) was back to Lackland, AFB down in San Antonio. I was assigned to Wilford Hall Medical Center. It's the largest (1000 bed) Medical Center in the US Military. Walter Reed gets all the press, but Wilford Hall is really the backbone of the Military Healthcare system.

I actually served on the basic training side of the base at the Blood Donor Center. Every basic trainee gets the opportunity to "Volunteer" to donate his/her blood on their (7)th day of basic training.

Anyways, my biggest regret was getting out!! I miss it pretty bad sometimes. The Training and comradery in the Military is 2nd to none!

If you need to talk or need any advice, please feel free to Contact me. http://www.katmanduonline.net/smilies/usa.gif

Katmandu@woh.rr.com

DeckerEnt
07-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Firefighting is heroic work. You run into places that everyone is running out of. I salute you. You save lives and I thank you for that.
Keith

Katmandu
07-24-2007, 10:46 PM
BTW, him being a Firefighter in the USAF he has a LITTLE chance of going into any dangerous Combat zone. :)