PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Cleveland Drug Dealer

cstreu1026
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks to black92lx for posting this on MD.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0719071cleveland1.html

Kevin Doe
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
That letter was horribly written. What a moron. What was he really trying to accomplish with that letter?

Foxxx5oh
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
wow...that looks like it was written by a JR High prankster...

chuck
07-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Not sure, but it was pretty funny......piece of trash:lol:

cstreu1026
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree its not written all that well but it says what it needs to.

thejock60
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
i don't understand what kind of lawsuit his mother thinks she has:confused: it wasn't written too her what does she even have to do with it? It also seems like it was a personal matter between the drug dealer and councilman.

ffmueller81
07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
apparently he is a really good athlete...

My brother lives in Cleveland and this is what he said when I asked if it was true...

"Yes, it's real and it's been in the news up here. Written on official city letterhead and all. It's a shame, because the 18 year old will get a civil rights lawyer, and somehow reduce his felony drug trafficking sentence due to the letter.

I feel for the councilman though. He lives in the neighborhood he represents. This 18 year old has sold drugs and gotten into trouble his entire life, assaulted police officers, and God knows what else, and because of the messed up juvie system, has never been held accountable. On top of that, he is a good athlete, and he tells authority figures that he will make it to the pros, and doesn't have to worry about anything. And the overwhelmingly sad thing is that in 99.999% of the situations, he is completely and totally right. If you are a good athlete, and got into who knows what kind of trouble before you were 18, you get it swept under the rug, and you go to college on a full ride with a clean slate, and try to stay out of trouble just enough to make it the pros for your payday. See Troy Smith, Maurice Clarrett, Mike Vick, Chris Carter, O'dell Thurman, Chris Henry, AJ Nicholson, Allen Iverson, Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Reuben Patterson, etc, etc, etc. There are literally 1000's of names that have done that, and we don't hold them accountable for any of their actions, and then pay them millions of dollars. And then when they mess up as adults after they have made the money, we are surprised that they are still a-holes, just like they were when they were younger. It's a messed up system. "

bcoh5gt
07-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I like the letter. Everyone thinks it, the difference is, he said it.

Blacksunshine
07-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I like the letter. Everyone thinks it, the difference is, he said it. I agree....