Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
poison ivy [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : poison ivy

95redstang
07-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I got poison ivy last week while cutting down some weeds that were from my neighbors yard. The weeds were hanging over on my side of the fence. So I had to cut them down so my girls wouldn't get poison ivy on them. What is the best way to get rid of this shit? I have it on my right hand inbetween my middle and ring fingers. Not to mention I have some on my meat and taters. I know you don't want to hear that but this shit is killing me. I have tried Calamine lotion, bleach, peroxide, alcohol,hydrocortizone, extremly hot water, and I even sat in a tub full of water and oatmeal. The oatmeal didn't do much except make me smell like cinnamon and apples. I didn't put anything except the calamine and hydrocortizone lotion on my junk. I have tried everything that I could find on the web. I can't get into the doctor until next Monday. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated....

88ssp
07-17-2007, 11:18 PM
believe it or not, white shoe polish works. Also, there is stuff at wal mart that costs 40 bux or so that is supposed to get rid of the stuff.

Good Luck

95redstang
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM
believe it or not, white shoe polish works. Also, there is stuff at wal mart that costs 40 bux or so that is supposed to get rid of the stuff.

Good Luck

I heard that white shoe polish works by I wasn't sure if it was some internet bullshit or not. I seen the $40 stuff. I am getting to that point now.

PonymanfiveO
07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
pussy.

I never had the stuff so I wouldnt know.

95redstang
07-17-2007, 11:49 PM
pussy.

well see that is another problem, I'm not getting any of that right now because of the shit on my junk.

DeckerEnt
07-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Just don't scratch it and drink alot of beer till you pass out. Then when you wake up, don't remember you have it. It is mind over matter or itch. Something like that.
Keith

Mista Bone
07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
baking soda paste helps........

When I was 18 I got posion oak BAD and Dr. said to "mow the grass" on the privates......

great, the posion oak was gone, but the stuble was twice as bad. I hope the Doc was serious, if not it was a cruel joke!.......

PonymanfiveO
07-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Dude you even got a dumb doctor....lol.

Mista Bone
07-18-2007, 03:47 AM
I let the GF handle the razor.......with nice rewards.

But honestly, after going thru that, I'll take the grass cut low rather than a bald mound........

Black Horse
07-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Rub the juices from "Jewel Weed" on it.....(no its not a joke...but now I know why it is named that ~lol~)

stangman_5
07-18-2007, 07:17 AM
There is some stuff an cvs that is made for poison ivy its called ivyrest it helped my fiance when she got it. If you use that untill you go to the doctor it will feel better, it worked quick for her cause I had to play mr mom while she had it.

Evil_Capri
07-18-2007, 07:20 AM
ZANFEL - Yeah it's expensive, but it works!!!

http://www.zanfel.com/

Black Hole
07-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I just went to the doctor about a month ago for the same thing.

Here's what he told me.

Nothing is going to help "get rid of it". It's an allergic reaction.

Scratching will not "spread" it as long as there is no more sap on you or your clothes, but if you are re-exposed to the sap again, you can get it "more".

Normally it takes 1-14 days for the rash to appear, and then it starts to subside after 1-2 weeks.

All of the "fixes" posted above help with the itching, but none of them will actually get rid of it any faster.

Steriods are only given to those who are severely allergic and who just "can't stand the itching".

I've had it 3 times this year so far (I have some in my yard that I need to take care of) and I've just used some prescription stuff that my doctor gave me late last year. ;)

My advice - make sure that all of your clothes and tools are completely cleaned with warm water and soap to get rid of the sap.....then just do whatcha gotta do to get by. If I had it in my groin (again), I think I would be calling the doctor for some steroids. ;)

Jeff88coupe
07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I am very allergic to poison ivy. I use to work for a lawncare/landscape service during summers in college. I would get it at least a few times ever summer...all it would take is hitting some with a weedeater...I'd have it all over my arms/legs. I tried most all the over the counter stuff..and going to the doctor for the steroid pills....didn't do much to help relieve the itching. Finally my doctor got to the point of just giving me a cortizone shot...that stuff worked...itching would stop in a few hours...rash would be gone in a few days.

Evil_Capri
07-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Well I've had Poison Ivy over 20 times in my life. I am allergic to it, I've had it all over my body and contracted it from smoke, and yes if it is in your blood stream (systemic) then steroids are the only way to go, but if it is just topical on a portion of your skin then using a product that will exfoliate will help the healing process. One can also use a mixture of Dawn/baking soda.

ffmueller81
07-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I have used zaafil. stuff works well. worth the money imop

PonymanfiveO
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow. I feel bad for you guys. :(

If anyone needs me to come over and get rid of the poison ivy plants for you, I can do it for a nominal fee. :D

Black Hole
07-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Wow. I feel bad for you guys. :(

If anyone needs me to come over and get rid of the poison ivy plants for you, I can do it for a nominal fee. :D
You suck. :flipoff:

How much? I got beer! :D

01cobra
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I know this is gonna sound crazy but.... When I was kid my grandma took about a half dozen leaves from the plant and boiled them in a few cups of water to make a tea. We drank the shit cause you know grandma said we was gonna drink it. First time I was about 7yrs old second time I was about 13. Im 35 now and have not had it since. I can stomp right through the stuff and never get it. Im not necessarily reccomending anyone do this as you never know how it might effect you. I didnt have a choice back then.

Holly
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM

Me either. I don't ever remember having it. I saw some growing up the back of my house a few weeks ago, so I ripped it off. Then I jumped in the pool hoping the chlorine would kill it IF I was going to get it. I didn't. It's all over my backyard around the big tree, I mow around it and everything, and never get it (KNOCK ON WOOD!).

95redstang
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Me either. I don't ever remember having it. I saw some growing up the back of my house a few weeks ago, so I ripped it off. Then I jumped in the pool hoping the chlorine would kill it IF I was going to get it. I didn't. It's all over my backyard around the big tree, I mow around it and everything, and never get it (KNOCK ON WOOD!).

I forgot that I was swimming sunday iut at my mother outlaws house. I figured the chlorine would kill it but no luck.
By the way it was nice meeting you Saturday Holly...

Holly
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
By the way it was nice meeting you Saturday Holly...

You too Shawn! Seeing that limo made me want a Dodge Charger! But I can't give up the Grand Damnit, plus I haven't gotten rid of the Excursion. If I don't get rid of it by Fall, I'll just drive it in the snow this winter and park the Grand Am in the garage, save some mileage.

95redstang
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
You too Shawn! Seeing that limo made me want a Dodge Charger! But I can't give up the Grand Damnit, plus I haven't gotten rid of the Excursion. If I don't get rid of it by Fall, I'll just drive it in the snow this winter and park the Grand Am in the garage, save some mileage.

Yeah that Charger is sweet. My wife is wanting one now. We have some sweet limos. I was out Saturday night in the Blue Chrysler 300.It looks like a rolls royce.. I had it out downtown and over at Tropicana...

dedpedal
07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Try (dont laugh too hard) Vagisil. It works great on certain"itches"

95redstang
07-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Try (dont laugh too hard) Vagisil. It works great on certain"itches"

Somebody actually posted that they tried vagisil and it worked. The shit on the meat and tater is actually gone. Now if my hand would clear up I'd be happy...

venomous_svt
07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
mythbusters said vodka can work...no shit, if not use vodka to drink yourself into a drunken void...then you wont care :bigthumb:

PonymanfiveO
07-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Somebody actually posted that they tried vagisil and it worked. The shit on the meat and tater is actually gone. Now if my hand would clear up I'd be happy...

aaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha hha......

mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahhaaaaa!!!1! !

Miller uses vagisil. :lol: