Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Powerfest: The Trip Home [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Powerfest: The Trip Home

nskaats
07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
http://nkyfba.homeip.net/showthread.php?t=15010

A perfectly shitty ending to an awesome day! It could have been a lot worse than it was though. I'm thankful nothing happened to my Formula on the trailer and my friend driving my Z was in front of me.

For you guys that tow your cars: keep a spare tire on your trailer and keep an eye on your tires before you use your trailers. Be sure to give your trailers a once over before you take off and make sure you keep an eye on tire pressure. There were no visual signs that this tire was on it's way, but this is the second one of these tires that this has happened to so they're all getting replaced tomorrow. The first one that separated last year didn't do any other damage, but I don't think we'll be taking a chance with these tires any longer.

craigels
07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Can't view link unless you are a member

Black Hole
07-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Can't view link unless you are a member

So join up....those NKYFBA guys are good peeps. :bigthumb

nskaats
07-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Here's pics:

nskaats
07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
More Pics

92coupe
07-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Damn that was some good luck, Looks like it was caught under the front wheel that could have done some damage had it rip off and fly forward.

Glad you got it stopped before it hit the car.

nskaats
07-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Few more...

Carl
07-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Wow, you got lucky! Good idea on getting different tires.

Black Horse
07-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Glad everything is OK!

dedpedal
07-16-2007, 07:43 AM
We had a tire let go last year on our way to Bowling Green. It wasnt much fun trying to get the tire changed beforee the rain caught up to us.
Glad nothing major happend with your incident. It really could have been much worse.

Kevin Doe
07-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Glad that didn't blast the side of your car.

On a side note, what kind of trailer is that, it looks really nice.

BigBadStang
07-16-2007, 10:10 AM
sorry to see you had that happen, and sure glad it didnt damage your car. but you would not believe how many people run trailers around on tires that are absolute GARBAGE! a lot of people think "all hell...thems just trailer tars, gimme the cheapest ones ya got!"
those few bucks you saved when you bought them don't seem like much of a savings when you are stranded on the side of the road, or if the tire grenades, it destroys other things along with it. (not saying this is what caused your problem nskaats, just offering some advice to others.)
passenger car radials do NOT make good trailer tires, especially on tandem axles. in tight turns it drags one of the axles and puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the sidewalls. and radials have a softer, more flexible sidewall anyway. at the very least, use a LT (light truck) rated tire with a good load range rating, and like nskaats said BE AWARE OF INFLATION PRESSURE!

nskaats
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
The trailer is a Featherlite. It's been a great trailer except for this incident. These were the original tires that came with the trailer. They have less than 10,000 miles on them and are no more than 6 years old. You can see the tread has a lot of life left in it, and they showed no signs of abnormal wear.

The car took minor damage, but it could have been a lot worse. The driver's mirror has to be painted from where the fender struck and there are scratches on the door and quarter that I think are from the tire. Hopefully I can buff them out. The car had damn near perfect paint, so this incident chapped my ass a bit.

I had some problems with my account after the down time.