Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
anyone know anything about home AC / thermostats? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about home AC / thermostats?

Tag
07-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I know nothing when it comes to this stuff...

Got home today and my thermostat isnt on... its a bryant digital tstat. Checked all the breakers, everything is on.

Any suggestions? Is it just the tstat gone bad... or could something be wrong w/ the AC unit as well?

help, its hot... haha

Thanks
matt

bcoh5gt
07-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Check the batteries in it?

Tag
07-08-2007, 05:22 PM
uhm i opened it up... theres no batteries.... there's like an 8 pin female connection mounted to the wall that the thermstat plugs into when u fold it closed... im assuming that's where it gets its power.

Mista Bone
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Did you check the outdoor breaker box/switch on the AC unit outside?

Another thing you can try is crank thermostat 90 and see if the heat comes one. This will help rule out the thermostat and transformer.

Also feel the AC compressor, if it's hot it could have locked up and is tripping the internal circuit breaker. (thats not gonna be cheap if it is)

Tag
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Can't do anything with the thermostat (turn it up or down) it is digital, and has no power right now....

I had the AC turned off saturday afternoon, because I was gonna be gone until today... got home and no power on the tstat panel.

Checked the breakers in the house, went outside and opened the box mounted on the house, and only thing i can see in there is a big ass 4 prong plug that i pulled out and put back in...

Think maybe the thermostat just went bad?

Mista Bone
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM
either that or the transformer on the furnace which powers the thermostat with 24 volts (control circuit).......