Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
After allmost 7 years... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : After allmost 7 years...

PonymanfiveO
07-06-2007, 09:29 PM
It looks like Im finally gonna get out of Coca-Cola.
Ive been there since Nov. of 2000, damn near since I got out of high school. It started out a great career, great money, great benefits, good union and all that. Now it has become a nightmare of a job. I feel like the guy on that movie Office Space going in there every day. The management has allmost destroyed that place. Hell this past week we were out of stock of 10 products, two of them were 12 pack Coke and 2ltr. Diet Coke. Now how in the hell do you run out of the product thats lit up on the side of the building!?:lol:
And on the week of Fourth of July to top it off!:HYF:

Givaudan Flavors Co. ( http://www.givaudan.com/givcom/ )offered me a third shift position in there production department. I went for my drug screen and physical today. Man, they were very thorough with that physical too, they took blood samples from me and everything. If everything goes well I will accept the offer and hopefully be outa coke by months end. I will be taking almost a three dollar an hour pay cut, but I think it will be worth it to work for a company that actually cares about you. the benefits look to be pretty damn good too. I cant wait to find out what it feels like to be on a set shift for more than a week at a time!

Wish me luck!:bigthumb

cstreu1026
07-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Good luck! And you forgot to metion one of the perks...its close to Cincy Speed.

I know what you mean about the physicals. I get to go through it every other year.

Paul408Notch
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Kick ass the Johnson. Hope it works out for you. Hopefully Cincy Speed doesn't open until well after your shift is over, or you'll be spending the check before you get it. :lol:

8NO4CYL
07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Hold your breath, my allergies knocked me out of there in a week. Good Luck bro. :bigthumb

Gene
07-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Killer, Matt! Hope the new gig goes well for you. :bigthumb

mustang8998
07-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Good luck! And you forgot to metion one of the perks...its close to Cincy Speed.

There is a plant in NKY too.

Matt,which plant are you looking at?

Smithr66
07-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Congrats man! I know a few coke/pespi merchandisers from working at Kroger, and they tell me that those are the worst companies to work for. They basically treat y'all like slaves!

95redstang
07-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Mangoo this will be a better move for you...I am so happy that I left Coke..I use to love the place. When I started in 1996 I had fun and made a shit load of cash. It seemed like around 2001 things started turning into shit. I look back and think that I wasted 10 years in that shit hole...Those fuggers tried to fire me a few times over some of the dumbest shit. Lisa Brown and Ryan Taylor can lick my nuts....

Blacksunshine
07-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Coke huh? I always figured that place would be cool to work at. I work on there fire/security/cameras all the time. Seems like a cool place with all those damn robots running around.. beep beep beep.. Good luck with the new job !!

mustangboy
07-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Congrats dude!! I hope this job works out alot better for ya.

95redstang
07-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Coke huh? I always figured that place would be cool to work at. I work on there fire/security/cameras all the time. Seems like a cool place with all those damn robots running around.. beep beep beep.. Good luck with the new job !!

They had that technology back in the 70's...Those robots are a big pain in the ass. They dump pallets of pop all the time. Nothing like cleaning up 384 12packs of cans..Freakin cans go everywhere..It use to be fun as hell. I left there in Nov. 06'.. I have been trying to get Matt to leave there for a few months now. He is to good of a person to have to deal with the bullshit there...Once you get a few years in that place you start thinking you can't make that kind of money anywhere else. You feel stuck. Matt is in a perfect situation to get out of there...

DeckerEnt
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Good luck. Change is good.
Keith

dedpedal
07-07-2007, 01:16 AM
MMMattt, I thinnk of you as a brotherand only whish the best for you. Illlhelp ya out as much as I can, even iv its just someone to bitch to.

bcoh5gt
07-07-2007, 01:53 AM
I worked on the addition and remodel over off Sam Neice. That was about the nicest and easy going people I have ever had to work around. P&G is the WORST sorry if I offend anyone but they are picky and snobby. Sorry Drivermod. lol

Katmandu
07-07-2007, 02:38 AM
It started out a great career, great money, great benefits, good union and all that. Now it has become a nightmare of a job. I feel like the guy on that movie Office Space going in there every day. The management has allmost destroyed that place. That's why Unions SUCK BALLS nowadays! :mad: My Union here at the VA is more corrupt than the mafia!

Look what Unions have done to Delphi! The problem with Unions is GREED and lack of accountability.

Don't get me wrong though. Unions most certainly had their day/time and have done ALOT of good. But those days are GONE forever I'm afraid.

Anyways, Congrats on your new situation! A change of atmosphere is a good thing! :bigthumb

Oh yea, 3rd Shift is hell on the mind and body until you get used to it! :HYF: NOONE can relate to it UNLESS they've done it themselves. :cool2: I've been working 3rd Shift (and ALL weekends) here at the VA for the past (5) years. :eek:

Katmandu
07-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Congrats man! I know a few coke/pespi merchandisers from working at Kroger, and they tell me that those are the worst companies to work for. They basically treat y'all like slaves! Most Companies nowadays want to emulate the Walmart business model.

Now don't get me going on the Politics behind... :mad:

Sooner or later EVERYTHING we buy here in the USA will be made in China! Maybe even our Mustangs. :barf:

orangedemon331
07-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Good luck bro, I'm sure all will be fine!!!:bigthumb

Mr.Moontang
07-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Congrats and good luck Matt

MrsAPE
07-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a plan. Congrats!

mach_u
07-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrat's dude! Good luck on the new job!

5.0calypso93lx
07-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Congrats man! Is that place on paddock? If so, I drive by it every day on my way into work too.

95redstang
07-07-2007, 11:25 AM
That's why Unions SUCK BALLS nowadays! :mad: My Union here at the VA is more corrupt than the mafia!

Look what Unions have done to Delphi! The problem with Unions is GREED and lack of accountability.

Don't get me wrong though. Unions most certainly had their day/time and have done ALOT of good. But those days are GONE forever I'm afraid.

Anyways, Congrats on your new situation! A change of atmosphere is a good thing! :bigthumb

Oh yea, 3rd Shift is hell on the mind and body until you get used to it! :HYF: NOONE can relate to it UNLESS they've done it themselves. :cool2: I've been working 3rd Shift (and ALL weekends) here at the VA for the past (5) years. :eek:

The union at Coke is very good. Probably to good. They do what they are suppose to do. The problem with that is they get the pieces of shit their jobs back as well. While I worked there they had a guy that failed 3 drug tests in a matter of a year. Well coke let him go. A few months later dude got his job back with back pay. So I guess I am 50/50 on unions. I still think we need them around for some things...

PonymanfiveO
07-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Yea Im ready to go, Thanks for the kind words everyone. It makes me feel confident to have all your support.

Ive worked 3rd shift the past two weeks and am now used to sleeping without meds, next week Im scheduled for first shift...damn. Im forced to take all my vacation time in January, whats the point of vacation?
Last night they had Applespice Junction bring in a nice lunch for us, only problem is they only ordered enough food for less than half of us. There were some pissed off people when they went on there lunch break and all the food was gone. Im pretty sure that plant will end up being closed down by '09 when the union contract is up.

Gevaudan is off of Vine street within walking distance of Cincy Speed.
I'll be able to hang out and see Craig, Jason, and Joe through the week now!
And blow my paycheck that day like Paul said. lol

Silver Bullet
07-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Congrats... and good luck Matt.:bigthumb

Smithr66
07-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Most Companies nowadays want to emulate the Walmart business model.

Now don't get me going on the Politics behind... :mad:

Sooner or later EVERYTHING we buy here in the USA will be made in China! Maybe even our Mustangs. :barf:

Not to mention that we will all be working for wal-mart after they run everybody else out of business!:lol:

BigBadStang
07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
glad to see you get outta there Matt!
I wasnt in production, but i was a sideload driver for 5 years, and like you guys have said, it was cool at first, but with all the corporate bullshit changes, and management not knowing wtf they are doing, it went to shit very fast!

are you fucking serious...they ran out of classic 12's?!! wtf!! what a bunch of dumbasses! especially being cokes "biggest holiday weekend" of the year! maybe the dumbfuck responsible will lose his job!

95redstang
07-08-2007, 03:36 AM
glad to see you get outta there Matt!
I wasnt in production, but i was a sideload driver for 5 years, and like you guys have said, it was cool at first, but with all the corporate bullshit changes, and management not knowing wtf they are doing, it went to shit very fast!

are you fucking serious...they ran out of classic 12's?!! wtf!! what a bunch of dumbasses! especially being cokes "biggest holiday weekend" of the year! maybe the dumbfuck responsible will lose his job!

Dude nobody will lose their jobs.I have seen holidays where they would run out of all the major 12 pks .....

FMGT1999
07-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Good Luck to you Matt, you know I wish you the very best no matter what it is in your life.

Your Big Bro,
Kyle

BigBadStang
07-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Dude nobody will lose their jobs.I have seen holidays where they would run out of all the major 12 pks .....

that blows...at least in distribution, if someone dropped the ball that bad, they would get "stepped on" and be held accountable.

Lexstang
07-14-2007, 02:38 AM
If you are a driver and have a class A cdl come to mclane. In nicholasville Ky we have like 15 drivers of 175 that came from coke. There is a foodservice division in hebron. We have drivers over 100 grand per year. Every driver from coke says what we do is easier than what they did before since all we have to do is unload the truck. The over the road drivers don't work out as well since they don't like unloading the whole truck with a hand dolley. Our divisions been offering 1000 sign on (though not paid till 3 months and 6 half and half) and bonuses for referals.

We've got good benefits too. If your interested make sure to put my name. Douglas Pendleton on the referal. Not sure if I'd get the referal if you went to hebron but it couldn't hurt.

Evil_Capri
07-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Good luck man!!

PonymanfiveO
07-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I went for my Drug Screen and Physical last friday and they finally got the results yesterday. I passed everything fine and I get to start on the 23rd!
Next week is my last week at Coke...I cant wait! Thanks everybody.

Black Hole
07-15-2007, 09:54 PM
I just saw this....congrats guy!

is it my turn yet?

Carl
07-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm glad your getting away from that place. Lemme know how the new job works out for you, gimme a call after you start there.

pegasus
07-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Congrats man! I know a few coke/pespi merchandisers from working at Kroger, and they tell me that those are the worst companies to work for. They basically treat y'all like slaves!
true that

good luck

bestracing
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I went for my Drug Screen and Physical last friday and they finally got the results yesterday. I passed everything fine and I get to start on the 23rd!
Next week is my last week at Coke...I cant wait! Thanks everybody.

Congrats!! Surprised you didn't get placed at their location off of Mt. Zion Rd. in Ky.

PonymanfiveO
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I know! I think the one in KY would be a little closer to me, but they said they needed people bad up there.

331TwistedWedge
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
be careful of the popcorn butter ~ i heard people were dying from the "chemicals" they were breathing? ... i was told this ~ not sure how true it is ...

BigBadStang
07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
if someone died on the job, OSHA would be up their asses with a microscope, then fines, and changes would be made. not saying "funny" things dont happen in any industry, but after ANY job related death, there is a HUGE OSHA investigation.
it pays to know the regulations, so if your employer is engaging in unsafe/illegal practices, you can advise OSHA if the company refuses to change its practices.

congrats on the new gig Matt!

331TwistedWedge
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
i did a quick "google" search ...

Flavoring Workers' Lung &#171; The Pump Handle
This artificial butter-flavoring substance has been linked to severe lung disease in .... health and safety at the plant (formerly known as Tastemaker Corp. ...
thepumphandle.wordpress.com/tag/flavoring-workers-lung/ - 81k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF]
Popcorn-worker Lung Caused by Corporate and Regulatory Negligence:
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
butter flavorings. Workplace Practices at Tastemaker/Givaudan. In 1992, Tastemaker instituted a ...... monary illness? J Occup Environ Med. 2002;44:216-8. ...
www.ijoeh.com/pfds/IJOEH_1301_Egilman.pdf - Similar pages

i didnt read the articles, im about to leave ... im sure osha has everything cleaned up :bigthumb ...

good luck matt ..........

bestracing
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I believe the chemical for the "popcorn butter" is at the Florence plant.

A friend of mine got hit by a dust cloud of Malt Vinegar and boy did he stink even after a shower.