Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Summit Raceway Park?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Summit Raceway Park??

Paul408Notch
07-02-2007, 02:07 AM
When the hell did Summit buy Norwalk? At least they finally have some NHRA events up there I guess.

PonymanfiveO
07-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Yea I watched qualifying Sat night. Bout time they go to Norwalk.

I still havent ever been there though.

Mista Bone
07-02-2007, 04:17 AM
When the hell did Summit buy Norwalk? At least they finally have some NHRA events up there I guess.

Only about a year ago.

Still need to redo the surface, the rest looked nice.

Jeff88coupe
07-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Summit just bought the naming rights....much like Indy is now called ORP.

bestracing
07-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I was there at Norwalk Saturday. A very nice track but there were a couple of things I miss that you have at Indy.

No return road in front of the grand stands and no backs to the bleachers.

Saw Brandon (the Bud Prince) and Larry Dixon run identical times and speed side by side which was pretty amazing. Also saw Del worshams car blow up and then shatter the body. That had to be a wild ride for Del.

BigBadStang
07-02-2007, 11:23 AM
naming rights only... like "great american" ballpark..."cinergy" field..."Heinz" stadium...etc...etc...etc.

RyanR
07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I was there sunday very nice track it just took 2 and half hours to get out of there

IWRBB
07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
I was there at Norwalk Saturday. A very nice track but there were a couple of things I miss that you have at Indy.

No return road in front of the grand stands and no backs to the bleachers.

Having backs on the bleaches is nice. I did like that at ORP.

bestracing
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
I was there sunday very nice track it just took 2 and half hours to get out of there

It didn't take us long at all to get out, fortunately we were parked close to the road. I heard a guy say he was all the way in the back of the parking lot Friday night and it took him 1.5 hours to get to the road.

BigBadStang
07-03-2007, 02:04 PM
it's just a shame how the NHRA did National Trail.
they bought Trail from the Raders in 96. took them less than 10 years (waited for long term contracts to expire)to move the national event into Summit's and out of Jegs' back yard. listen to the money talk.
i cant see the luxury suites at Trail getting much use on the weekend bracket schedule. :dunno:

tmotorsports
07-04-2007, 09:41 AM
it's just a shame how the NHRA did National Trail.
they bought Trail from the Raders in 96. took them less than 10 years (waited for long term contracts to expire)to move the national event into Summit's and out of Jegs' back yard. listen to the money talk.
i cant see the luxury suites at Trail getting much use on the weekend bracket schedule. :dunno:

NHRA never has finished paying the raders for trails from what I heard.
National trails has sucked since before NHRA bought it and as far as I'am concerned its never changed even after they made improvements.when NMRA merged wiith the ford expo i thought that was a mistake I went the 1st year 2 years ago and had a lousy time nothing like when NMRA was there 1st of may.Did not go last year and pretty sure not going this year either.Kil-kare is about the same distance from me so it would not hurt my feelings if national trails turned into a housing development like rumor has it it may within next 5 years

bcoh5gt
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Same for us we got in the truck at 5:10 and finally at 7:30 we got redirected to the airstrip and left that way. Other than leaving Sunday night, I think the place was great. I was there all 4 days.:bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
07-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Saturday we parked in the lot across from the track ane leaving was a breeze, excellent facilities and the ice ceam for a buck rocks. I do wish they had back rests on all the seats though. That first section of chairs looked mighty comfy.

MystichromeVert
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM
We went up on Sunday only and also parked across the street from the track. Instead of waiting in line to get out onto OH18, we made our own exit at the far eastern end of the field through a pretty big ditch. Didn't save anytime though, since we ended up getting lost... took 45 minutes to find a gas station and ask for directions back to 71.

What was up with the way they were routing people into the track? I felt like a mouse in a maze. I was hoping they'd open all the gates when the event was over... but they didn't. Took over 30 minutes to get from our seats to our car and you could see the car from our seats.

bcoh5gt
07-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I dunno but they need to have a better plan next year