Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Wrestling Champ Chris Benoit Found Dead With Family [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Champ Chris Benoit Found Dead With Family

junk89lx
06-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Death Comes a Day After Wrestler Missed Pay-Per-View Appearance
Chris Benoit lowers the boom on Eddie Guerrero in one of the featured matches in WWE's holiday special in Baghdad in 2003. (ABC News) June 25, 2007
Font Size

Print
Share Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife and their son dead.

Related Stories
Slideshow: WWE Entertains the TroopsReport: Pro Wrestlers Linked to SteroidsTop Sports stories
Wrestler Chris Benoit, Family Found DeadChicago Bears Waive Tank GoodbyeSore Jaw Could Undo Icon's Hot Dog ReignThere were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but he would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons.

A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Benoit was known in the ring as the "Canadian Crippler."

Following the announcement of the deaths, World Wrestling Entertainment issued a statement: "Chris was beloved among his fellow superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and toward his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss. WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

WWE announced that it would drop its planned Monday night line-up on the USA Network to air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

In a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston's Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn't be there, they chanted, "We want Benoit!"

bobtsgt
06-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I saw the special last night on Raw for a little bit. Seems like every year another wrestler goes.

Paul408Notch
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I enjoyed watching Benoit back when I watched wrestling. It's a shame to see him go, but it sounds like it could have been worse than those articles say. I read a couple of articles saying that the wife may have been killed Saturday, the kid Sunday, and Chris yesterday. Sad stuff.

DeckerEnt
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
The stories I am reading say He killed his wife and son and then killed himself. I know he had a lot of fans and he will be missed But HE KILLED HIS FAMILY. The only good part of this story is that he is going to spend eternity in hell and not in a prison.
Keith

BigBadStang
06-26-2007, 12:33 PM
'Roid Rage.

95redstang
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
'Roid Rage.

:agree:
That's what I was going to say....

DeckerEnt
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I know it probably had something to do with steroid use. But to strangle his wife, then suffocate his son, how bad could it have been? At least he saved us a trial, appeals..etc.
Keith

Black92LX
06-26-2007, 05:27 PM
they said he did it over the course of the weekend aswell.

95redstang
06-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I know it probably had something to do with steroid use. But to strangle his wife, then suffocate his son, how bad could it have been? At least he saved us a trial, appeals..etc.
Keith

Steroids are plane nasty. Roid rages are unbelievable. You have no control of what that shit does to your mind. One minute you could feel upbeat then the next minute you are ready to commit suicide or even just go whip some bodies ass for the hell of it. It makes you just flip out for no reason at all. Do a search on roid rages. I am sure you will find out how bad they really are. I'm not saying that this is the reason for the deaths but it is a possibilty. Wrestling and steroids have been linked many times.
When I use to lift a few years ago I thought about taking some steroids but there are just to many side effects. The roid rage thing made my mind up. I didn't want to hurt my wife or kids because of this garbage. I just took a bunch of creatine and protein and a few other supplements. I took some shit GNC used to sell Vanadyl Sulfate that shit turned my piss neon green...

nkystanger
06-26-2007, 09:30 PM
just asking but how long do 'roid rages last? from the reports, he murdered his family over the span of two days.

i used to really like Benoit, even watched the three hour special last night(havent watched wrestling in years) after hearing what he did, he is scum and he can rot in hell.

Bluecrew07
06-26-2007, 09:32 PM
I dont understand how someone could just break like that and kill there family. but i guess thats what steriods do to you or any other kinda drug. its just crazy

HDmstng
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I liked what the WWE did tonight on the ECW show saying in light of the new information they weren't going to mention Benoit's name again and they were just going to entertain.

PonymanfiveO
06-27-2007, 04:46 AM
here we go with the friggin roid rage again. Just something easy to blame it on.

Steroids are like guns. Guns dont kill people, Stupid twisted fucks kill people.

there is no such thing as roid rage. If your an asshat normaly, you will be an asshat on juice. If you a potential murder, you are just a potential murder on juice.

I know a few friends who Take steroids in a safe manner and they are the nicest people youd ever meet.

Its just too easy to point a finger and say steriods are the bad guy.
It is tragic to see a beautiful family go like this but he must have been psycho to do something like that.

The dogs lived tho. Whats up with that?

PonymanfiveO
06-27-2007, 04:53 AM
I dont understand how someone could just break like that and kill there family. but i guess thats what steriods do to you or any other kinda drug. its just crazy

Dude downed a bottle of triaminic and a box of laxitives and tryed to kill my pet turtle. It was horibe!:( :(

02mingryGT
06-27-2007, 07:07 AM
I liked what the WWE did tonight on the ECW show saying in light of the new information they weren't going to mention Benoit's name again and they were just going to entertain.

Well of course. They're trying to separate their "sport" from him any way they can. Problem is he isn't the only one doing that shit. Wrestling needs to clean up their act. Vince McMahon has made a lot of money off a lot of dead wrestlers and the spotlight is eventually going to shift to him and the WWE.

02mingryGT
06-27-2007, 07:13 AM
here we go with the friggin roid rage again. Just something easy to blame it on.

Steroids are like guns. Guns dont kill people, Stupid twisted fucks kill people.

there is no such thing as roid rage. If your an asshat normaly, you will be an asshat on juice. If you a potential murder, you are just a potential murder on juice.

I know a few friends who Take steroids in a safe manner and they are the nicest people youd ever meet.

It is tragic to see a beautiful family go like this but he must have been psycho to do something like that.

You do have a point to a certain degree. I mean everyone knows other professional players like football and baseball players use roids as well. I think that some people are more susceptible to drugs/alcohol than others. Maybe it was the amount being taken or like I said in some people it amplifies a defect in them.

It is funny as fuck that roids are legal to a certain extent but pot isn't. Anyone ever hear of a stoner killing his family? :HYF:

bestracing
06-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Posted by WWE on their site:

World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

MRGRIMM
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
A brain autopsy should be done, some violent events involving boxers, football players, and others involved in contact sports who have suffered numerous concusions have shown that a man in thier 30's and 40's that has had these head injuries typically have the brain makeup of an elderly alzheimers patient. I will do some online research but this sounds like a possibility for the cause of this...I believe some of the studies have proven an almost bi-polar effect on the brain, sometimes leading to deep depression. Also the added testosterone from steroids added to the mix can really stir things up, I am no doctor, but any man that kills his family and himself is obviously suffering from some kind of mental problems, or maybe his ol' lady was just getting sick of that little shriveled up steriod pecker and he caught her out on the town. (sorry not really a laughing matter but wtf!?)

BigBadStang
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
A brain autopsy should be done, some violent events involving boxers, football players, and others involved in contact sports who have suffered numerous concusions have shown that a man in thier 30's and 40's that has had these head injuries typically have the brain makeup of an elderly alzheimers patient. I will do some online research but this sounds like a possibility for the cause of this...I believe some of the studies have proven an almost bi-polar effect on the brain, sometimes leading to deep depression. Also the added testosterone from steroids added to the mix can really stir things up, I am no doctor, but any man that kills his family and himself is obviously suffering from some kind of mental problems, or maybe his ol' lady was just getting sick of that little shriveled up steriod pecker and he caught her out on the town. (sorry not really a laughing matter but wtf!?)

does anyone remember Oliver McCall the boxer?
he once attacked a christmas tree in the lobby of a hotel.
when security was finally able to subdue him, he said the tree was taunting him. he died i think within a year or so of that incident. it was dimentia brought on by brain damage from being beaten in the head too much in the ring.
like others have said, brain damage, and add steroids(if this proves to be true here is yet to be seen), and you dont know what soemone will do.

and millions of people (mostly athsematics...prednisone, etc.) legally and properly use steroids and have no severe/adverse side effects. but the term PROPERLY is what makes the difference. roid rage is real, and it stems from the ABUSE of steroids.

FMGT1999
06-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Any way you look at it, it's just sad.

My the family RIP and maybe this well open the eyes of those that keep watch of what happens in the WWE so that it doesn't happen again.

Kyle

chris91
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Well he took plenty of hits to the dome. And if anyone that watches wrestling knows his special move is a flying headbutt off the top rope. Also I just read that his son was handicapped and the couple had been arguing over Chris not spending enough time at home. It is very sad because the way the ppl on WWE spoke of him he seemed like a real family guy.

R.I.P. Benoit Family

2l8iwn
06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
also dont forget that his wife filed for divorce in 2003 and also slapped a restraining order on him accusing him of abuse. Later she dropped the restraining order and cancelled her file for divorce. All of this was also mentioned on wwe.com and the news. I was so sad when i first heard and now that i know the circumstances i feel sick to my stomach. I personally do not think steriods played a part. The wife was found bound at the ankles and wrists which indicates premeditation. Also the they think the son wasnt smothered till the next morning. Gives me chills.

Black92LX
06-27-2007, 11:39 PM

this is where you are incorrect!!!!!!

A gun does not change the chemical balance in your body.

Steroids do and when they are mixed with drugs and alcohol you get a nasty nasty mix!!!
Steroids alter how your body functions in many many ways!!! Ever met someone on prednisone (a prescription steriod???) they are a completely different person especially when they are on them for a long time. Prime example my mother used to be the type of person that would end up crying at the end of every argument. After 2 years on steroids (prednisone) due to a dibilitating diease her mentality in an argument is completely different.

The reports are now saying that the son was injected with steroids before he was killed.

Roid Rage is a very very real thing!!! Saying there is no such thing as roid rage is like saying someone on PCP, LSD, Cocain, or Crack, has no change ion personality or demeanor. As a person that deals with people on these drugs on a daily basis i can tell you first hand steroids have the ability to affect peoples actions.

DeckerEnt
06-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Since the whole family is dead, we will never know the whole story. Roid rage or not, murder is murder and thank God he took his own life before he left the house and killed more people. It is so sad that it happened and all we can do is feel sorry for the wife and kid. The Man upstairs will put Chris where he belongs. End of story.
Keith

qwk93ta
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Roid Rage does not last for a whole weekend. My father worked out at a gym for many years with a guy that was on roids. My fahter would spot him while he worked out. The guy had a certain way he worked out and if you did not follow his routine he would blow up at you, but five meinutes later he was your best friend again.

Roids probably caused some of the problems within the family, but it did not cause him to kill his family over an entire weekend, the psychological problems he must have had played a much bigger role in what he did.

Steves LX
06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
There is a claim out there that says he had been suffering from a severe head concussion. But as we all know people speculate before the facts are reveiled. There's people going down in light of all this. The DEA and state officials raided 2 pharmacys Tuesday night and chris benoit's personal physicians office. MedXlife.com and Signature Pharmacy are 2 of the places he has been receiving anabolic steroids from. There were several arrest made to include his personal physician along with several computers that were confiscated. I would never kill my wife much less anyone else but what the hell man how do you take a innocent 7 year olds life. Can you just imagine what that poor little boy had to be thinking when his dad gets a hold of him and suffocates him. That piece of shit like all the others had to be a coward and not face the consequences. Yeah thats a real man. Big Barney muscle bound PUSSY is what he is(was). Guys like that need to have there arms tied behind there back and hung from a tree by there ankles dangling about 2-3 feet off the ground and let some wild dogs take care of him.