Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My new vacation home!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My new vacation home!!

mustangboy
06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Well after 5 years of kicking around the idea and waiting for the kids to get big enough me and the wife finally took the plunge. We bought our first camper. We have tent camped for years and have always liked it but with little kids it was not the easiest. Well we used the camper for the first time this weekend and absolutely loved it. So if anyone has any good or bad expierences w/ different campgrounds they have be to please share your stories. BTW before someone asks we bought a 2008 31ft R-vision Supersport bunkhouse w/ 2 slides.

cobrajoe
06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
:bigthumb :bigthumb

mustangrfast88
06-24-2007, 11:56 PM
whats you pulling that thing with and nice trailer the wife and me are looking at a travel trailer too it is made by crossroads and the brand is a zinger 29 footer and i would be pulling it with a expedition with the 5.4 tell i can get a f-250 deisel truck

PaulFiveOh
06-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Thats a hella nice "first" camper haha!
Thats the mother fuggin hilton!

mustangboy
06-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I pull it w/ a diesel Excursion. I went ahead and got load levelers and the sway control and I will say it was money well spent. Loaded w/ all of our crap I would guess the trailer weighs approx 7300lbs. and the Ex pulled it quite well. Diesel power is the only way to go.:bigthumb

mustangboy
06-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Thats a hella nice "first" camper haha!
Thats the mother fuggin hilton!

Well we have tried to be very patient for the last five years. We have gone to many RV shows and shopped at several dealers over that time looking at what we thought we would like to have. So when we were finally ready we pretty much knew exactly what we wanted. The one we got was not one of the brands we thought we were going to get but it was a 2008 and had everything we wanted at a smoking good price. So basically we held out for what we wanted instead of jumping into something we would quickly outgrow or hate because it did not have what we were looking for. Thanks for the compliments.

FMGT1999
06-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Very nice, and congrats on the new hotel...:bigthumb

Kyle

PonymanfiveO
06-25-2007, 06:31 AM
that thing is bad!

dedpedal
06-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Nice! Now you wont have to sleep in the car when you and the wife fight! Another cool thing for the kids when they get a little older, they can camp out in the driveway during the summer months.

bobtsgt
06-25-2007, 07:52 AM
very nice. are you going to start hitting up the Nascar events now Kenny?:lol:

Jeff88coupe
06-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Nice Kenny. But how are you going to be able to tow the race car and the trailer to the track? :) Jenn and I have talked about getting a trailer/rv...but we are just not sure how often we would get to use it vs the investment cost.

mustangboy
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
We use to go to Nascar races before the kids came along and would have killed to have had a camper like this. Jeff not to worry this thing is just a prelude to the diesel pusher we will one day have to tow my stacker trailer.;) Thanks for the comments guys me and the wife are extremely excited about it.

kennebellcobra
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Now that's a camper:bigthumb