Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
job openings [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : job openings

mustangrfast88
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
ok guys and gals i might be looking for a new job after today, i live in middletown and am going to be looking to do almost anything pay i would like to see between 12.00 and 17.00 a hour. got a mechanics background and have been working for armor holdings for the last 3 in a half years well thats all

Mista Bone
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
what a "hummer"

mustangrfast88
06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
yes building the military hummers

mustangrfast88
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
still looking anybody know of any job openings

stangman_5
07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Armor holding is out by all kinds of buisness I thought (I have put the carpet in your break room and another business room) Have you tried any of those areas.

mustangrfast88
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
armor holdings is the main place and if being fired from armor holdings you cant work at any of there other buildings

blk93notch
07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
can i ask why you are leaving armor holdings? is it a good place to work?

mustangrfast88
07-10-2007, 12:27 AM
me and another guy got into it and i got the worst of it and for what you do the pay sucks i am moving to lafayette indiana to work at catipillar if the call me

higgy87
07-10-2007, 01:04 AM
jake sweeney chrysler, jeep, dodge has an opening...at their tri-county store,

give em a call, ask for shane hodges, he's the service manager.

junk89lx
07-10-2007, 03:11 AM
AK is hiring new hires
https://aksteel.selectrakonline.com/recruitment/recruit.aspx

mustangrfast88
07-10-2007, 09:09 AM
i filled out a app at ak steel

mustangrfast88
08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
i have been looking around and am thinking about getting my cdl class a and go over the road for a few years

Mista Bone
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
how is your vision and blood pressure? Place out towards Germantown always training, or look in Millis transfer, they haul for Miller in Trenton, 99.5&#37; not touch, drop and hook.

mustangrfast88
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
my vision is good and my blood pressure is ok i should be able to past the dot pyhsical

331TwistedWedge
08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
i have been looking around and am thinking about getting my cdl class a and go over the road for a few years

i got my cdl's at napier truck driving school, 3 years ago ... im just now putting them to use ... you dont have to go over the road, i found a job in fairborn starting at 55k-60k the first year ... you are gone 2 days and home 2, then gone 2 days and home 1 (basically work 4 off 3) ... a delivery route, nothing over 300 miles away ... i stay in a hotel the 2 nights im away from home :bigthumb

if i were you, i would get your cdl's - big money to be made ... just take your time and find a good company ... stay away from swift, werner, schneider & jb hunt ... they are BIG companies, you will be a truck number instead of a person ... they dont worry about your home time :mad:

breaker one nine :lol: yes come in driver, "this is red balls signing out" :lol: im fugged up :HYF:

mustangrfast88
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks for the info and that is the school i was going to go to and i am going to use my cdls right as soon as i get out of school

331TwistedWedge
08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks for the info and that is the school i was going to go to and i am going to use my cdls right as soon as i get out of school

its a very good school ... really nice people ... they will assist you in getting a job, tell them you want local work & they will find it for you ... the worse i can see you doing is 16.00 an hour, but im sure you can find 17.00-18.00 or more with the right place ...

i got lucky getting the job i did, they usually want 2 years experience - i only have 3 months ... i did a driving test and they hired me :bigthumb

good luck ...

Mista Bone
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
The lady at Napier was very straight with me, but I cannot pass DOT......BP too high......and I kinda like being semi-retired right now.

SlowRS
08-04-2007, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=331TwistedWedge;292442]
if i were you, i would get your cdl's - big money to be made ... just take your time and find a good company ... stay away from swift, werner, schneider & jb hunt ... they are BIG companies, you will be a truck number instead of a person ... they dont worry about your home time :mad:QUOTE]

I work for schnieder right now. They have NEVER given me any problems about getting home, or if issues with family arise. You are right, they are a big company, but family is very important to them. Right now I am out 6 days, then home for 2.5 days, bringing home about 500 a week after the government ass rapes me.

MRGRIMM
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
...I think you drivers should get paid more, $500 a week isn't that much more than I make a week and I am home every night.

SlowRS
08-05-2007, 01:42 AM
I agree that I should make more, but that is after deductions. I have more taken out to make my tax returns bigger. I am on par this year to make about 45k, which is not bad for a 1st year driver. I know there are drivers that make more their first year, but there are also many more that make way less.

Besides, main reason I am with the pumpkin is they had a great training program, which was paid for, as I didnt qualify for any grants or anything.

My father in law went through Napier, and he had trouble finding a job because of no exp. He working at Lowes now making like 13 an hour.

331TwistedWedge
08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
...I think you drivers should get paid more, $500 a week isn't that much more than I make a week and I am home every night.

im new to trucking (only 3 months experience) and i found a job in fairborn $55K-$60K first year ... im only away from home 2 nights a week ~ and those 2 nights im in a hotel ... not sure i would drive all week away from home for $500.00 ... you have to look around, but there are some good paying companies out there ... i have to unload my 48' reefer, but i dont have to drive very far ... its a delivery route ... i like it like this, keeps me from getting fat ...

SlowRS
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I know there are other jobs out there. I am currently looking for one. I guess it is just to each their own. The only reason I am gone 6 days, is because I live so far away from work (bout 2 hrs). If we moved closer I could easily be home every night. I kinda like being out on the road, I get to see the country, I dont have a boss barking over my shoulder. In the 10 months I have driven, I have only talked to my boss twice.

I guess a plus side is that I only actually work about 5-6 hours a day. I will be changing jobs in about 2 months, mainly cause my son will be starting school and I want to be home incase he decides to play sports.

331TwistedWedge
08-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I know there are other jobs out there. I am currently looking for one. I guess it is just to each their own. The only reason I am gone 6 days, is because I live so far away from work (bout 2 hrs). If we moved closer I could easily be home every night. I kinda like being out on the road, I get to see the country, I dont have a boss barking over my shoulder. In the 10 months I have driven, I have only talked to my boss twice.

I guess a plus side is that I only actually work about 5-6 hours a day. I will be changing jobs in about 2 months, mainly cause my son will be starting school and I want to be home incase he decides to play sports.

UDF (United Dairy Farmers) is hiring, $18.30 an hour (northern kentucky - i think florence?) ... try Holland / TNT, they are hiring 15 drivers $17-$18 to start (sharonville) ... when i was looking for a job last month, i must have found 200 of them between napier, the internet & the enquirer ... just be picky and go after the jobs that meet what you need ... i was willing to work hard and unload my truck for the right money and home time ... most truck drivers HATE touching freight, not me ~ if you get too lazy, you get fat! :D

i worked at SWIFT (Sure Wish Ihadda Faster Truck) & hated it!:mad: they ran me like a mad man all over the country, no more big companies for me ...

Steves LX
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I definitely agree on that too, that you truck drivers should make more than you do. Not bragging by any means but after deductions I take home 860 every week and I am off every weekened and home every night. And I will be the first to tell you that I shouldn't be making what I make for sitting behind a desk all day and being in charge of 15 cry babies. When I was out in the field my job was 10x's harder and had to work weekeneds and travel 6-7 months out of the year and I didn't make squat. But unfortunately thats the way the job force is. It seems like the jobs that should pay a lot dont and the one that shouldn't do.

SlowRS
08-07-2007, 12:51 AM
I am already fat, so that has no bearing, lol. Actually, I dont mind touching freight, but after my neck injury a couple years ago, it can get kinda difficult.

I have got a few get leads on some jobs, which I will be following up shortly. I work for the pumpkin now, and it has been good. Its not perfect, but not all that bad. JB hunt was beating down my door for awhile, but will never work for them. Dont feel like only seeing my house once a month if that.

I know what you mean about the many jobs not paying what they should. You have firefighters, teachers, police, and the military, just to name a few, that are barely able to feed their families.

I remember a job I had a few years back. I wasnt raking in the dough, but I was making 10 bucks an hour to play my laptop and sleep. I was a security guard at a shut down hotel, and we only had to do one round a night, which took like 10 minutes, and once the supervisor showed up to check on us, usually about an hour into the shift, we could go to sleep. Had a nice comfy couch and everything for us. World is kinda backwards aint it.