Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
tv stations [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tv stations

thejock60
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I really start to wonder where the hell they get their ideas from, this past year has seen the end to some awesome shows and now their canceling more. Jericho imo was one of the best shows on tv right now and they axed it, so the season ended with another town invading the main characters dad dead with an army of one of the 5 presidents cliaming to be the leader of the usa on the way to end it the battle. Their also talking about getting rid of Friday Night Lights, jesus can the people who enjoy football not have any shows? Any one else remember PlayMakers? Canceled because it revealed to much of the life of a Nfl player:eek: Another show that i'm pissed was canceled about 2 years ago was a fx show called Over There that had to have been the most realistic war-time tv show.

craigels
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
The reason shows get cancelled is because of ratings. Ratings determine what a network/local can charge for airtime (commercials). If a show does not perform in the ratings, then they cannot charge as much as they'd like for that particular time slot. Its all about money! Just because you like the show does not mean the entire country tunes in. If that was the case, the show would still air and advertising time would cost a small fortune. The whold point of television is money. Shows and news are just there to fill time between commercials.

Craig

Holly
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
You are right, television sucks right now. I was really into that show, North Shore, two years ago and they axed it! :mad:

I have free Showtime and Starz for a few months, so I have been watching a lot of movies, when I even turn the TV on. There is nothing but reruns on right now. Last night I got home, turned on the stereo, and cleaned my carpets!

MrsAPE
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Last night I got home, turned on the stereo, and cleaned my carpets!

Bring back good TV for Holly's sake!! What a way to spend a night!!

Carl
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I hate summertime TV, it just sucks. Whick is fine cause I would rather be outside anyway.

MrsAPE
06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Rescue Me on fox starts back up on the 13th!!

Such a 'true' day in the life of a firefighter!! :rolleyes:

Holly
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Bring back good TV for Holly's sake!! What a way to spend a night!!

Believe it or not, I love to clean! I tore apart the carpet cleaner (Bissell) the night before, so I was anxious to do it anyway.

If I was not doing that, I would have been outside watering my flowers and plants, doing something other than watching TV. After being inside all day (WORK), I usually just want to spend the evening outside, even if it is just sitting on my deck.

95redstang
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Believe it or not, I love to clean! I tore apart the carpet cleaner (Bissell) the night before, so I was anxious to do it anyway.

If I was not doing that, I would have been outside watering my flowers and plants, doing something other than watching TV. After being inside all day (WORK), I usually just want to spend the evening outside, even if it is just sitting on my deck.

Hell if you love to clean come over to my house. It's not dirty or anything. Just picking up after my girls is becoming a full time job. I could even use some help with the landscaping in the backyard. :D

'92Stang
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Just seen something on WKRC news at noon. Stated something about fans of Jericho protesting in NYC. The shows producers are now considering a mid season run.

thejock60
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
that was fast, I know ratings are the reason the cancel shows. Jericho had numbers that matched Lost in the first half of the season but CBS like ABC did decided to use that idea of a mid-season finale and was of the air for over 3 months and when it came back the ratings slipped just like Lost did. It was their own fault for the ratings drop. It also didn't help it was up against American Idol even though this season was the worst season of american idol IMO i stopped after the try outs.

edit- why doesn't my sig work anymore?

RACEME
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
that was fast, I know ratings are the reason the cancel shows. Jericho had numbers that matched Lost in the first half of the season but CBS like ABC did decided to use that idea of a mid-season finale and was of the air for over 3 months and when it came back the ratings slipped just like Lost did. It was their own fault for the ratings drop. It also didn't help it was up against American Idol even though this season was the worst season of american idol IMO i stopped after the try outs.

The imageshack link is dead.

BigBadStang
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM

you're EXACTLY right! CBS single handedly killed that show when they yanked it mid season for 3 months. then when they re-started the series, alot of people didnt know it was back on, and if you missed an episode or 2, it was hard to figure out what was going on, but i really liked that show, and i hope they do reconsider cutting it from the lineup.
on another front...only one more episode of The Sopranos :mad:

thejock60
06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
yea i can't wait for the soprano's it's a shame it's leaving. But i've heard threw the rumor mill their talking about a movie to finish the series. They also filmed 4 different endings to the show and not even the actors know whats going to be played. Tony can't die:D that asshole has lived through alot of shit in the last 7 years and 6 being the boss.

cin_mustang
06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
WTH!!!! They cancelled jerico?? Where did you guys hear this?? I'm ticked!! That was like family tv night. My 7 yr old boy even loves that show!! I'd definately protest!!

thejock60
06-06-2007, 06:05 PM
yahoo entertainment and it is true their talking about picking up maybe as a 7 episode mid-season show. Its the first time i've actually seen the people speak up about a show and maybe even getting it back. The producer of the show probably won't be back because she's doing some show called swingtown about 70's people exploring sex...like thats what we need on primetime tv. And some of the actors might not be brought back to save money.

King of queens is off air now too