Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
4th of july float [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 4th of july float

DeckerEnt
06-06-2007, 01:52 AM
We are putting together a float that will be used in 3 parades. Fort Mitchell, Edgewood, and Independence. The theme we are going with is Red White and Blue. Patriotic all the way. My Brother and I will be riding on the float throwing candy for all 3 parades. It will be towed by one of my cleaning trucks so this will be an advertising thing so my company will be picking up the cost of it all.
Basically, we have a trailer that has a flat base and we will build a float on it. It will have a billboard which we will paint on. The billboard will be 12 feet by 8 feet. Both sides will be the same.
We will also be playing music through a CD that I have riged up for the float.
What I want from all of you is ideas for the billboard. It must be Red White and Blue, Patriotic, and tie in with the 4th of July.
I am thinking along the lines of American Flags, Boy Scouts, God Bless America, Flowers, Stuff like that.
The music I plan on using will be the Star Spangled Banner sung by various artists, plus what ever I can find that sounds good.
I would like any ideas that you all could come up with. I am pretty open to ideas at this point. We will be building the float this month to be ready for the 4th of July so any suggestions would be helpful.
My budget for this project is not huge but I will spend some to make it fun.
Keith
Hope to get a few ideas.

MrsAPE
06-06-2007, 07:20 AM
maybe after the coffee kicks in i'll have some ideas. all i see right now is the colors red and blue being sucked up by a carpet cleaner. :)

dedpedal
06-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Gotta put a Mustang on both sides.

MrsAPE
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
ok. mustang trailing red, white and blue exhaust fumes?!

kev, your signature quote is funny yet sad. gotta love ya!!

DeckerEnt
06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I may put a mustang in it somewhere but I am wanting some more patriotic themes here. Last year the theme was then and now so we did a mural of the old flag with a mid flag and a current flag. Just looking for some new ideas.
Take a piece of paper and draw a rectangle 9 inches by 6 inches and that is the correct dimentions for the bill board on our float. Draw some ideas and fax them to me. My fax at my office is 859-331-4799.
Thanks...Keith

Maximus
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
A couple acid bombs on each side and some Mentos bombs...THAT would make an interesting float.

dedpedal
06-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Just have the cracker on the float singing the camero song...

DeckerEnt
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
A couple acid bombs on each side and some Mentos bombs...THAT would make an interesting float.

I thought about that but Fort Mitchell has outlawed any type of water delivery system. No squirt guns or water balloons. We were planning on the water baloon sling shot a few years ago. Damn it.
I had thoughts of setting up a spray system using the truck mounted cleaning unit. I can crank it up to 900 psi. It could be cool with water cannons on each side to spray the crowd. So much for good ideas....
Keith

Maximus
06-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Low rent fuckers.. Give Kevin some Whiteys and spread his butt cheeks wide and aim at the crowd!! THAT will give em a Float to remember!

DeckerEnt
06-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Then We won't get a plaque to hang on my wall. I try to make a good impression on the people we present our float to.
Then again, with an igniter we could have a flame thrower.
Keith

Maximus
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Then We won't get a plaque to hang on my wall. I try to make a good impression on the people we present our float to.
Then again, with an igniter we could have a flame thrower.
Keith

You cARPET CLEANIN/MUNCER!! pUSAY...PUUUUSAY!! Do you speak french?:lol:

331TwistedWedge
06-07-2007, 01:56 AM
You damn carpet muncher ......... wait a minute, thats ok ... man, im half crocked ....

Maximus
06-07-2007, 01:58 AM
You damn carpet muncher ......... wait a minute, thats ok ... man, im half crocked ....

1/2? You pussy!! AT LEAST YOoy are more a guy than than the whistling FAG (sorry if I offended goocrew) on later night with Crason:lol:

DeckerEnt
06-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Ok I have had enough Bud Light and stil don't understand you all.
Goocrew can suck my dick for all I care about him. The float is for the 4th of july and I will be building it as soon as it gets to my shop.
Keith

DeckerEnt
06-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Nothing like a wednsday night drinking fest. We should make this a weekly thing. It would go good with chat.
Keith

Maximus
06-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Nothing like a wednsday night drinking fest. We should make this a weekly thing. It would go good with chat.
Keith

Nooooooooooooooooooo:eek: :lol:

DeckerEnt
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
OK..We got off topic there, way off topic.
I am looking for ideas for this float we are building. Basically it will be a 8 X 12 billboard. My daughter drew an american flag with a banner under it that said Star spangled Banner. Any other ideas would be helpful.
Thanks...Keith

DeckerEnt
06-19-2007, 11:30 PM
OK.. To start over, I will be working on my float for the 4th of july parades. Wed at my shop. I need to get the baby blue base coat down on the boards and figure out what the billboard will look like. Any one want to stop by and watch, or have a beer, or just stand around and shoot the breeze? All are welcome. At my shop on Orphanage road in Fort Wright.
Keith

DeckerEnt
06-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, I got alot done with the float. I got all 6 sheets of plywood painted sky blue. Now I just need the final idea for the mural. I am thinking a huge american flag flying proudly with a banner saying god bless america under it with the boy scout symbol. Have to follow the themes of the 3 parades we are putting it in. My bro and I will be throwing candy to all the little kids, and some patriotic music playing. Should make a good showing.
Keith

Maximus
06-21-2007, 12:59 AM
How abut an Un politically corect Mexican eatin a Burritto and then throwing his wrapper into the Rio Grande? You can paint a sleepin mat next to him and maybe some drywall tools in hios back pocket. Just remember the 5 gallon bucket filled with POO left in the unfinished walls of a house...Wheres BOB, hes better at this shit than I am.:lol:

DeckerEnt
06-21-2007, 01:16 AM
LOL. I will keep that in mind.
Keith

DeckerEnt
07-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Well, I should have known. I put off and put off building the float so here I am at 4:15 in the morning July 4th building the damn thing. I have been working on it since 7:30 or so. I don't have too much stuff to do still. Have to: wire the sound system, paint GOD BLESS AMERICA on one side, put the small flags in the 2X4 well the last 4 feet of 12, wash and detail the van, I think that is it. I will try to post some pics later on today.
If anyone is going to the Edgewood or Fort Mitchell parade, watch for me. We are throwing fruity tootsie rolls this year.
Keith

DeckerEnt
07-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, the parades are over, we had a fun time throwing candy at people and now I am sitting here with a 3 inch cut on my hand and the float is flat and broken.
After the Fort Mitchell parade, my Dad was driving back to my shop and he took a wrong turn. He went up a pretty steep speed bump and that jarred the float loose from the trailer floor. Well, just as we were passing the orphanage entrance, the float fell off. I was sitting on the rear of the trailer and felt it moving so I grabbed it. Big mistake cause that is where I cut my hand. We stopped and basically folded the float up and threw it on the trailer and headed to the shop 1.5 miles away.
Now I get to take it all apart before taking it to the farm and burning it all.
I will try to post pics. I took a few with my cell.
Keith

DeckerEnt
07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Here are a few pics of the float.
Keith