PDA

View Full Version : What the best way to catch / kill/ get rid of Racoons

Blacksunshine
05-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Normally I'm all about letting Nature and the wild roam the world, but now these little bastards ( 4 Racoons )did more than raid my trash......:flipoff:
My Dog was in the back yard barking like crazy...and there to my suprise was 3 on the fence and 1 running around the pool trying to keep away from the Dog. AT this point I want these little S.O.B.'s dead !!!!!

What do you recommend? We tried the SPCA and they informed us that they don't deal with wild animals:flipoff: Right on, my Ohio Tax at work for me once again:bigthumb Any ideas? My Son was ready to kill with the Paint ball Gun( 30 rounds per second at 400 PSI...ouch !!!! Fully Automatic... )

WhiteT
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
A .22 rifle and CB caps. A bb gun is louder than the cb caps.

I am in a nieghborhood and shoot those f*ckers all the time in my backyard. Of course I make sure it's safe first;)

Blacksunshine
05-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Right on.... I think I'm going to bust there ass open thursday night... !!!

PS I dig the Car.. Thats what I want .... One Day !!! Whats your run? 1/4 mile?

Black Horse
05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
High Velocity Lead Poisoning!

craigels
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I use a 12 gauge shotgun.... bait them with some leftovers from you favorite fast food establishment and wait them out... when you here them digging into your chicken dinner, hit'em with a light and fire away! Of course I live in a rural area where I can get away with this.

If all else fails, put a little antifreeze in the chicken dinner and make sure your dog is inside or away.

Happy hunting!

Craig

Blacksunshine
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Antifreeze huh? Thats what my son said to do... Hmmmm

craigels
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Antifreeze huh? Thats what my son said to do... Hmmmm

It should work, just be sure to keep the family pets away.

Craig

Gene
05-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I think Vinny said it best...

Little bastards.

I used to think they were all cute. Fuzzy little bandits waddling around doing cute little racoon things. Yeah, they're bandits alright. Garbage bandits. I can't count how many times I've gone out the front door to find my garbage spread all over the driveway and in the yard.

They are pretty smart for being the little bastards they are. They figured out how to get the lid off the garbage can. They use the cinder blocks next to the cans as a stairway to the buffet. I watched them tonight. Here I am on another sleepless evening surfing the boards, cathing up on things and just as I'm headed to bed, I hear them. That distinctive Rubbermaid ruckus.

"Hey Chico, I got the lid off."
"Oh yeah? What's the catch of the day?"
"Looks like empty cat food cans, some hamburger helper and diet coke."
"Well hook a coon up brother!"
"Here, try some of this. Not sure what it is. You'll have to gnaw all the paper off."
"Aw man, moldy bread again?"
"Well then you climb your furry ass up here and have a look!"
"As soon as Guido gets outta there I will....Hurry up Guido!"
"Give me a minute, looks like I found a tuna can with some traces left in it."

Meanwhile, Ricardo is bumbling around sniffing thru the already dispensed napkins and assorted garbage in the driveway.

"SHHH! You hear that?"
"What's that guy doing with an aluminum bat?"
"And what's he doing on the porch in his boxer shorts?"
"RUN!"
"Guido, get outta the can NOW!"

As he attempts to climb out of the can WHACK! It's like that carnival game whack-a-mole. He escapes unscathed and scuttles over to regroup with his compadres.

"Damn man, that was close.....you alright?"
"Yeah. I'm okay. I might have to head over to the neighbors and see if they have any Advil in their can."
"Hey you guys, I'm still hungry."
"Are you actually going to go back?"
"I think it's safe. I don't see that crazy asshole."
"I dunno Ricardo, that door is cracked open."
"But I think I smelled bacon. I'll just go grab it and be right back"

He cautiously makes his way to the 33 gallon green sanctum of grub. After a short pause and a careful survey of the surroundings he climbs the cinder blocks and tumbles over the edge of the can to finish his pilfering.

"Where's that damn bacon? I know I smell it."
The door slowly creeks but the bandit is busy with his mission.
"Oh shit....there he is. He's looking right at me. Jesus that bat is huge"
"If I just sit here real still he can't see me."
"OW! Quit poking me buddy!"
"Fuck this! I'm outta here.....damn these slick walls, I can't get a grip!"
DONK!
"AW DAMN! Shit that hurt!"

He hurries back to once again regroup with his companions.

"Did you get the bacon?"
"No, but I got a knot on the head"
"Damn Ricardo...I tried to warn you"
"I know but I think I smelled some cheese while I was in there."
"CHEESE! DID YOU SAY CHEESE!"
"Oh no Chico......don't do it man."
"Come on, you know I have a weakness for cheese!"
"You're crazy man, crazier than that old bastard in his underwear with the bat."
"I gotta have it. I'm going in. That Sammy-Sosa-wanna-be ain't got nuttin"
"But, but.....wait.......don't......."

It was too late. Chico's all-consuming passion with cheese had blurred his thinking. There was no earthly item that could compare to the taste of semi-rotted cheese and he knew it was worth taking the risk. At least he believed that for a moment.

"I hope it was American cheese. That Swiss sure gives me the shits."
"That was awfully nice of him to leave these cinder blocks right next to the buffet bin"
"Cheese, cheese, cheese.........where's the cheese."
"Uh-oh. Here he comes again.......gotta get out.........umph, ugh...damn it"
DONK!
"Fuckin Aye!"
"Sheezuz, forget that. I'll just sit in here until he goes away."
"What the hell is that? That sure is a little bat compared to the other one"
"B"
"R"
"A"
"K"
"E"
"Brake Cleaner?"
"Hmm, sure is awfully late to be out cleaning brakes, pal"
"HEY! QUIT POKING ME DAMMIT!"
"Listen buddy you better......."
PSSSSSSST
"Aw fuck! I'm blind! AAAGHHH! It burns! It burns!"
"Stupid cheese"
"I gotta get out of here"
Donk!
"OWWW!"
"Damn you!"
PSSSSST
"AAAGHHH! It burns and stinks! DAMMIT!"
PSSSST
"YOU FUCKER!"
PSSSST

At that point he mad a mad dash out of the can and into the cover of darkness. I almost felt bad for doing it until I thought about how I'll be out there tomorrow once again picking up garbage. I gave the shredded remains of any garbage left in the can a good soaking of brake cleaner thinking that if they decided to come back later, one whiff of that tainted mess and they would recall that crazy bastard in his boxers with the aluminum bat. It's my own little Pavlov experiment.

At least they walked away............this time.

Mista Bone
05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks Gene, I needed that laugh........

'92Stang
05-30-2007, 10:53 PM
CB caps are kick azz. You could use a sponge coated in axle grease (thick). Just make sure your dog doesn't get it. The coons love that stuff.

Blacksunshine
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
That was awesome Gene.. Good find !

Walter
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Where at in Batavia? I have a .17HMR we can bust his azz with. Its very loud tho.

snotzs135
05-30-2007, 11:16 PM
soak some corndogs in antifreeze i hear it works rather well:angel:

WhiteT
05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Right on.... I think I'm going to bust there ass open thursday night... !!!

PS I dig the Car.. Thats what I want .... One Day !!! Whats your run? 1/4 mile?

Thanks man! I just got it back together and have been to the track once. So far it has a best of 10.2@132

95redstang
05-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Dude take a light bulb and put it in a ziplock bag. Crush it up with something like a rolling pin or beat it with a hammer.You want the glass real fine...Then mix it up with a can of tuna. Maybe cruel but your problem will go away..:D

Black Horse
05-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Sounds like most of these remedies will help solve the issues with the stray cats as well ;)

DSSKing68
05-31-2007, 06:25 AM
I prefer leg traps.:D ...then you can pick your poison to dispose of them up close and personal....:bigthumb :flipoff:

mach_u
05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I am having the same problem with my trash. Little fuckers are lifting the lids on the trash can and getting into them. Can't use a gun as I am in a very residential area. I wanted to use antifreeze but the wife just is not having it... :(

CAPRISTANG
05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Are these the pink coon's you shot last week?? Call critter-gidder ( wait he's dead)or a company like that. I'll bring my 22 over and we can sit in the van and pluck them off. Or become a vegiterian then they will quit gettin the in garbage,Take the trash to the local apt. complex and don't keep the cans out side. Full moon tonight good time for COON hunting!!!! Take Layla out and find out were they live and f.... with there garbage cans. They wount like that and quite messin with you're cans.

bobtsgt
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
you could always call up your local clan to come scare them away :lol:

Holly
05-31-2007, 08:37 AM
I am having the same problem with my trash. Little fuckers are lifting the lids on the trash can and getting into them. (

That Vinny story still cracks me up, because some of it is true!

What we finally did is spent the money on garbage cans with lids that are HARD to get off. I can barely get those damn things off, I know the coons can't! I put the garbage bags from the kitchen (with food) in there and use the other garbage cans for paper stuff, they aren't interested in that. :lol:

Gene
05-31-2007, 09:06 AM

Thanks dude, I just spit out my coffee all over my keyboard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobtsgt
05-31-2007, 09:19 AM

haha no problem :bigthumb

Black Hole
05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I just had one of my cans that I left outside after a party last weekend get nailed by some coons last night.

So I have racoons in the woods, rat snakes next door in the field (had a 4' snake on my deck on Monday), a groudhog living under my deck, possums all over the place, deer all around.....and my dogs like to bark. :rolleyes:

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-31-2007, 09:38 AM
We actually had a pet raccoon when i was a kid. They're smarter than dogs (no kidding) so yeah, they'll get into your trash with no problem.

I'd say since you live around other houses, a high powered pellet gun is your best bet. I don't like the antifreeze idea because people's pets get loose...stuff like that.

DeckerEnt
05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Like stated before, a bolt action .22 rifle with CB rounds is very quiet. Less noise than a pellet gun. Be sure of the back stop first. If you miss, those bullits travel pretty far.
Keith

Pops Fun
05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Careful in the city. I know someone that got a ticket for hunting in the city limits... Had to go to court and everything... for a pellet gun!!!

Get a have a heart trap, bait it then take them in garage and kill them...
That is part of my retirement plan...:lol: They chew holes in my lids..

Pops

Blacksunshine
05-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Lots of great Ideas.... Thanks. every one.... This has been lots of fun just reading about them... Ha Ha..... Paint Ball Locked and loaded.....

Black Horse
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Lots of great Ideas.... Thanks. every one.... This has been lots of fun just reading about them... Ha Ha..... Paint Ball Locked and loaded.....

I can see it now:

"Hey Mabel, did you see that?"

"What?"

"There went one of dem der coons, 'cept it was orange and green and blue and shit"

"Harvey, put down the Beer and help me with the dishes"

R825OH
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM

Thats f'n priceless

HDmstng
05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
It's not meant for coons, but it's cool nonetheless. But gopher season is just around the corner...time for the Rodenator!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1494708206450484388&q=rodenator

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AXsieVOTbm0

http://www.rodenator.com/

How to get rid of gophers, squirrels, prairie dogs and moles:
The Rodenator Pro blasts targeted pests and destroys their tunnels, eliminating the need for traditional pest control. Rodent contol methods such as poisons or labor-intensive trapping are a thing of the past. Fortunately, farmers, ranchers, nurseries, golf courses, water districts, even schools and park districts now have a sophisticated new weapon in their arsenal beyond poison, traps, and other traditional means. The weapon, the Rodenator Pro Pest Elimination System, is capable of delivering a precision underground shockwave to the targeted animals' tunnels and dens. Not only does the Rodenator Pro exterminate the tenacious critters in short order, but also can collapse their tunnel systems to prevent re-infestation.

Katmandu
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
If all else fails, I'll bring down my Green Coon dog!

Here's a pic of her after she followed me around the yard while I was cutting the grass! :lol:

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/GreenDog/photos/photo4.jpg

Goldenpony
06-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I see no need to kill them. We use Have-A Heart traps and simply re-locate them. Just as effective.

91lxnos
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
If you are serious.....Go to local pet store ask for Ferret droppings put them around whereever you do not want the coons and secure your trash this works for most varmets but the trash is the most important. If not, the fool proof way is to move..LOL

Foxxx5oh
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
I think Vinny said it best...

damnit...lol...i was lookin for this when i saw raccoons and had it copied too...lol...oh the good ol days :)

willyd
06-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Fire up the grill. I hear they are good to eat.

tmotorsports
06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Sounds like most of these remedies will help solve the issues with the stray cats as well ;)

I know stray cats can be a pain in the ass,but this is cruel.Just trap them safely and take to the pound.

DeckerEnt
06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I know stray cats can be a pain in the ass,but this is cruel.Just trap them safely and take to the pound.

I read this quick and at first thought you said Just trap them safely and take them to the pond. LOL
Keith

92coupe
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Use a fricking 12 guage what else! Napoleon Dynamite

8NO4CYL
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Oh man..... that's too funny. :lol: