PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a house on the West Side of town?

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Only a couple of you may know, but I really only have one house that sits next to mine, the house to the south....the next closest house is actually east and across the street because the house to the west sits on a couple acres and we have woods between the houses and the houses that sit to the north are on a side street so their back yards backup to my property.

Anyways, you would hope that since you really have ONE SET of neighbors that you could get along with them....maybe not. :mad:

After 15 months of dealing with my rude, non-social a$$hole neighbors to the south, they just put their house up for sale. He's been working in Alabama for the past couple of months and I guess he's selling and moving his fiance down there with him. House went on the market Friday and the movers came Monday.

Back to the point of this thread....their house is forsale and there are 4 others for sale that I could hit with a baseball from my front yard and it would be awesome to have some decent neighbors who didn't mind the occasional party or wrenchfest in the garage into the early morning hours. ;)

There are a couple of really nice brick ranches right around me if anyone is looking....

4221 Boudinot Ave,
Green Twp., OH
$144,900
3 beds , 2/1 baths
MlsNumber: 1062458 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1068252&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=0&sender=SearchResults)
This is my next door neighbor.....really good looking house. Pictures should be up by this weekend (their realtor is the same one that I used when buying my house and the same realtor who sold the house to the current owners). There is a private drive on the south side of the house going back to house behind us (to the west).

4220 Boudinot Ave
Single Family
Green Twp., OH $104,900
3 beds , 2/0 baths
MlsNumber: 1065057 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1065057&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults)
This is right across the street.....the house is a forclosure and been vacant for 9 or 10 months. Looks decent from the outside, but I've never seen the inside other than the pics online. For the price, I wish I was buying now because it's about the same size as my house!!!

3181 Mary Jane Dr
Single Family
Green Twp., OH $135,000
3 beds , 1/1 baths
MlsNumber: 1057583 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1057583&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults)
This is a beautiful ranch that's two houses down the side street right across from my house.

3164 Mary Jane Dr
Single Family
Green Twp., OH $149,900
4 beds , 1/1 baths
MlsNumber: 1065362 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1065362&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults)
This house is 5 or 6 houses down the side street across from my house.

3148 Goda Ave
Single Family
Green Twp., OH $120,000
3 beds , 2/1 baths
MlsNumber: 1031063 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1031063&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults)
This house is just around the corner....It's been on the market for a while and I actually offered on this house back in Dec 05/Jan 06. I backed out to purchase my house. :D I've known the next door neighbors since I was 5 and they are good people. :bigthumb

4282 Boudinot Ave
Single Family
Green Twp., OH $79,900
2 beds , 1/0 baths
MlsNumber: 1049689 (http://sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1049689&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults)
This house is just up the street on the other side....I don't know much about it, but it is a smaller house compared to alot of the brick ranches around.

Just to let everyone know....I'M NOT A REALTOR......I'm just taking one step towards finding some decent neighbors who could possible be Mustang enthusiasts like me. :D

Black Horse
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
The only problem would be the neighbor..... ;)

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah....that guy is a dick. :lol: :flipoff:

Gene
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM

My thoughts exactly.

08 Vette
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
+ 1 on that!

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
To all three of you guys...:flipoff:

Black Horse
05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
To all three of you guys...:flipoff:

See what I mean? Just not very neighborly......:lol:

Gene
05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
See what I mean? Just not very neighborly......:lol:

Just another one of those Jeep Wrangler-driving dicks. :cool1:

Kelly Pelrine
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Too bad they are in OH :( I was just house shopping tonite, but looking to stay in KY

Holly
05-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Too bad they are in OH :( I was just house shopping tonite, but looking to stay in KY

Any particular reason Kelly, other than you work in NKY? You know, Ohio is only a bridge away, and your license is way more expensive in Kentucky. :lol:

The house across the street from me is for sale, small Cape Cod, 2 bedrooms, one bath, one car garage. It's been empty for 6 months now.

cstreu1026
05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah but Ohio sucks. :D I would gladly pay more for the plates on my car and pay less in all the other taxes to live on the right side of the river again. :D

Holly
05-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah but Ohio sucks. :D I would gladly pay more for the plates on my car and pay less in all the other taxes to live on the right side of the river again. :D

To each their own! That goes along with the whole eastside/westside thing. That's the good thing though, you have a choice to pick and choose where you want to live, where you feel comfortable, and for me, that is Clermont County, OHIO.

I would not live 1) in Kentucky, and 2) on the west side of town.

I'm an eastsider, always have been, always will be. I plan on moving someday, but I will stay in Clermont County, I would like to move closer to my sister and mom someday (Williamsburg), but that won't be for at least five years.

Black Hole
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
To each their own! That goes along with the whole eastside/westside thing. That's the good thing though, you have a choice to pick and choose where you want to live, where you feel comfortable, and for me, that is Clermont County, OHIO.

I'm an eastsider, always have been, always will be. I plan on moving someday, but I will stay in Clermont County, I would like to move closer to my sister and mom someday (Williamsburg), but that won't be for at least five years.
I agree....I'll end up moving in the next 5 years or so, but I'll go north or west....I won't say that I WOULDN'T live in Kentucky or on the east side, but I have no reason to do so right now. :dunno:

Gene
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Clermont County is not the East Side. Clermont County is so far east, that you're back on the West Side. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere but the near north suburbs (Evendale, Symmes Township, Montgomery, etc), the REAL East Side (Hyde Park, Oakley, Mt. Adams), or possibly way out in the middle of nowhere (like out near Timido's place). You couldn't pay me enough to live in West Chester, Mason, the West Side, or ANYWHERE in Northern Kentucky...if nothing else, all the UK fans across the river would drive me crazy...I hate Blue. :)

Black Hole
05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
...ANYWHERE in Northern Kentucky...if nothing else, all the UK fans across the river would drive me crazy...I hate Blue. :)
I'm with ya there!!!! Michigan, Duke, Xavier, UK....all blue. :flipoff:

Ya know what's fugged up? My Cobra is sonic blue. My Jeep is navy blue. Most of my nicer shirts and/or ties are blue. I went to St. Jude/Bridgetown Jr. High/Oak Hills/UC and I work for UC.....all of which have red (and usually black) as their colors. :screwy:

Kelly Pelrine
05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Any particular reason Kelly, other than you work in NKY? You know, Ohio is only a bridge away, and your license is way more expensive in Kentucky. :lol:

The house across the street from me is for sale, small Cape Cod, 2 bedrooms, one bath, one car garage. It's been empty for 6 months now.

Yea i just prefer it around here hehe. Ohio was a pita to do taxes, and if i have to change my DL one more time im gonna go postal :lol: KY rocks, i didnt have to take a stupid driver exam, and the tags dont cost much. I found a great house last nite near where i am now, 6 years old, 2 car oversized garage, 3/4 bedroom, 2 & 1/2 bath, its awesome...but still want to look at a few more.

5.0calypso93lx
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Clermont County is not the East Side. Clermont County is so far east, that you're back on the West Side. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere but the near north suburbs (Evendale, Symmes Township, Montgomery, etc), the REAL East Side (Hyde Park, Oakley, Mt. Adams), or possibly way out in the middle of nowhere (like out near Timido's place). You couldn't pay me enough to live in West Chester, Mason, the West Side, or ANYWHERE in Northern Kentucky...if nothing else, all the UK fans across the river would drive me crazy...I hate Blue. :)

What's wrong with West Chester?

fst 5pto
05-25-2007, 02:02 PM

2 Major reasons...

1. Houses are WAY overpriced for what you get

and

2. Taxes are ridiculous.

Holly
05-25-2007, 02:14 PM

I am exactly 20 miles from my driveway to the Freedom Center parking garage. My drive takes me 30 minutes (MAX). I guarantee it's a longer commute for the people on the north side, and even some on the west side, such as Harrison. Two girls I work with live in Harrison, it takes them at least 45 minutes to get here every morning because of the traffic, I have NO TRAFFIC, I usually take Kellogg all the way in.

Gene
05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I am exactly 20 miles from my driveway to the Freedom Center parking garage. My drive takes me 30 minutes (MAX). I guarantee it's a longer commute for the people on the north side, and even some on the west side, such as Harrison. Two girls I work with live in Harrison, it takes them at least 45 minutes to get here every morning because of the traffic, I have NO TRAFFIC, I usually take Kellogg all the way in.

I meant culturally. ;)

Gene
05-25-2007, 02:42 PM

What Brandon said, plus the area has no character. It's all cookie-cutter suburban sprawl houses, mini-malls and chain restaurants. It's just too "new". If I wanted that, I'd move to the North Suburbs of Chicago.

Hyde Park and Oakley are perfect examples of everything I love about Cincinnati. Cool older homes, lots of trees, outdoor cafes and coffeeshops, etc.

Mista Bone
05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
if by character you mean stuck up people.......guess I'm too redneck for Madeira.

I like the NW side by Fairfield, but Milford is growing on me. about 10 years ago I almost bought land of Bodman Road near Mt. Orab. Would have been 1 hour drive to Tri-County if you got thru Eastgate easy.

Ross, Millville, south of Oxford = heaven, sorta like New Richmond where Holly's at.

5.0calypso93lx
05-25-2007, 04:26 PM
2 Major reasons...

1. Houses are WAY overpriced for what you get

and

2. Taxes are ridiculous.

Thats also why Lakota/Mason have some of the best schools in the Cincinnati area, basically no crime(I think there has been 1 murder in west chester, up until this year, with the guys that ran from the cops on cincy dayton down by crescentville road) and homes have more than doubled in value in the past 10-15 years. If paying more means that, I'll gladly continue to do it.

What Brandon said, plus the area has no character. It's all cookie-cutter suburban sprawl houses, mini-malls and chain restaurants. It's just too "new". If I wanted that, I'd move to the North Suburbs of Chicago.

Hyde Park and Oakley are perfect examples of everything I love about Cincinnati. Cool older homes, lots of trees, outdoor cafes and coffeeshops, etc.

No character? If no character means organization, I'll accept that arguement :D I just hate when there are homes/schools slapped right in the middle of businesses, and strip malls, for example hyde park and oakley.

And I really hate to hear this stuck up west chester, mason crap. My parents moved here back in 87, when they were beans and rice broke, and paid less than $120 for the house that they still own. Now they're stuck up because the homes have increased in value?? I don't get it....

Gene
05-25-2007, 04:41 PM
No character? If no character means organization, I'll accept that arguement :D I just hate when there are homes/schools slapped right in the middle of businesses, and strip malls, for example hyde park and oakley.

See, that's way better in my opinion. When I lived in Clifton in college, the best part was being able to walk to the grocery store, restaurants, etc. That's the one thing I don't like about Evendale...to get to anything, I have to drive. West Chester is just too clinical feeling to me.

It's different strokes, man...I'm glad that people like to live in West Chester. It means that I'll be able to afford to buy in Hyde Park. If everyone liked to live in the same kind of place, there would be no variety. :)

And I really hate to hear this stuck up west chester, mason crap. My parents moved here back in 87, when they were beans and rice broke, and paid less than $120 for the house that they still own. Now they're stuck up because the homes have increased in value?? I don't get it....

FWIW, I don't think that West Chester or Mason are stuck up...if anything, it's the opposite...full of rednecks that have money. ;)

I LIKE living around "stuck up" people. It makes for a nice quiet neighborhood...but I'm an elitist prick. :)

5.0calypso93lx
05-25-2007, 06:21 PM
See, that's way better in my opinion. When I lived in Clifton in college, the best part was being able to walk to the grocery store, restaurants, etc. That's the one thing I don't like about Evendale...to get to anything, I have to drive. West Chester is just too clinical feeling to me.

It's different strokes, man...I'm glad that people like to live in West Chester. It means that I'll be able to afford to buy in Hyde Park. If everyone liked to live in the same kind of place, there would be no variety. :)

FWIW, I don't think that West Chester or Mason are stuck up...if anything, it's the opposite...full of rednecks that have money. ;)

I LIKE living around "stuck up" people. It makes for a nice quiet neighborhood...but I'm an elitist prick. :)

LOL, I hear ya man, its all up to what you like. I am definately holding down for the rednecks in WC :lol: One of few guys in the area thats out in the garage wrenchin' on the stang late hours in the night.

fst 5pto
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I have no problem with West Chester or Mason also... I just think that you can get more for your money elsewhere and I also wouldn't want to pay those prices/taxes for homes to have a neighbor stuck right on top of me....

Black Horse
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Ross, Millville, south of Oxford = heaven, sorta like New Richmond where Holly's at.

Heaven? I don't know if I would go that far!

5.0calypso93lx
05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I have no problem with West Chester or Mason also... I just think that you can get more for your money elsewhere and I also wouldn't want to pay those prices/taxes for homes to have a neighbor stuck right on top of me....

Stuck on top of one another? So you mean like Hamilton, where I can spit on my neighbors house?:confused:

It just depens on what you mean by more for your money. Like I said, more for my money includes schools, value of the homes, prospering businesses, being close to 75, 71, and 275, while still being able to be far enough away from them. Anything is just a short drive away.

fst 5pto
05-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Stuck on top of one another? So you mean like Hamilton, where I can spit on my neighbors house?:confused:

It just depens on what you mean by more for your money. Like I said, more for my money includes schools, value of the homes, prospering businesses, being close to 75, 71, and 275, while still being able to be far enough away from them. Anything is just a short drive away.

lol you guys still suck at sports :flipoff:

5.0calypso93lx
05-26-2007, 01:50 PM
lol you guys still suck at sports :flipoff:

I got nothin....:flipoff: :flipoff:

R825OH
05-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Yep think I'll keep livin here. in Price Hill our house is big and old and full of character (big enough to get lost in)