Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need opions on what to do about top..(poll) [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need opions on what to do about top..(poll)

Ryan218
05-23-2007, 04:13 PM
i found a shop in grove city that will instal my top for 325 out the door...

i have never put a convertible top on and either has a my dad or any one we know...

my car will be a daily driver year for a while...so my main concern is 1 us not riping it and 2 it being leak free ect...

so what would you do....i have the extra money that i could pay them to do it and still have plenty of money left over for paint... so what do you think?

plus there is alot of things we would have to buy before we could do this...

nowrnty
05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I did one on my old '91 GT two times!:o
No doubts here, let them do it and save yourself a big headache:bigthumb

KB1
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
$325.00 is a GIFT!! I paid $450.00 for a plastic back windowed top installed.
Save yourself the brain damage have a pro do it.

ibstrokin
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
I paid $700 about 8 yrs ago,spend the $325.They make different quality tops, for that money i'm guessing you getting the bottom of the barrel, which is okay depending on your needs. If I replace my top again I'm going with a different type, they make one that looks much nicer, but more expensive.

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I did one on my old '91 GT two times!:o
No doubts here, let them do it and save yourself a big headache:bigthumbCouldn't agree more. :bigthumb

One BIG word of CAUTION though....

GET REFERENCES BEFORE you take it to someone that cheap (inexpensive)

May very well end up costing you MORE in the long run to fix someone's "craftsmanship"!

mustangboy
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey guys if I remember right I think his car came with a new top that just needed installed. I still stay $325 for labor would be worth it.

Ryan218
05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I paid $700 about 8 yrs ago,spend the $325.They make different quality tops, for that money i'm guessing you getting the bottom of the barrel, which is okay depending on your needs. If I replace my top again I'm going with a different type, they make one that looks much nicer, but more expensive.

no....top came with the car... 675 without top installed...325 with top installed...so basically if you have your own top...take about 400 of the price...

325 for it JUST installed...i already have a top

Ryan218
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. :bigthumb

One BIG word of CAUTION though....

GET REFERENCES BEFORE you take it to someone that cheap (inexpensive)

May very well end up costing you MORE in the long run to fix someone's "craftsmanship"!

already looked in to it...thye have done interior/tops for a couple of local show cars...

Hey guys if I remember right I think his car came with a new top that just needed installed. I still stay $325 for labor would be worth it.

yup.correct