Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Tired of taking it up the Tailpipe by Speedway ??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tired of taking it up the Tailpipe by Speedway ???

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 05:14 AM
We (DaytonGasPrices.com) have PROVEN that the majority of Fuel price hikes are LEAD by Speedway. That have a proven track record of spiking prices and all the others follow suit.

This is our time to PROTEST their GREEDY pricing practices!!

We ALL know that a general boycott simply does NOT work for obvious reasons.

But, if the general public were to single out (1) specific brand (SPEEDWAY), this WILL have a extremely significant effect on their bottom line!

Well....please join my NOW and starting a MAJOR BOYCOTT against GREEDWAY !!

STOP BUYING FUEL and OTHER PRODUCTS from SPEEDWAY!!

Feel free to help promote this information to anyone you feel will participate!!

bestracing
05-23-2007, 07:28 AM
We (DaytonGasPrices.com) have PROVEN that the majority of Fuel price hikes are LEAD by Speedway. That have a proven track record of spiking prices and all the others follow suit.

This is our time to PROTEST their GREEDY pricing practices!!

We ALL know that a general boycott simply does NOT work for obvious reasons.

But, if the general public were to single out (1) specific brand (SPEEDWAY), this WILL have a extremely significant effect on their bottom line!

Well....please join my NOW and starting a MAJOR BOYCOTT against GREEDWAY !!

STOP BUYING FUEL and OTHER PRODUCTS from SPEEDWAY!!

Feel free to help promote this information to anyone you feel will participate!!

In case you didn't know Speedway is owned by Ashland Oil which is also owns Valvoline Oil, Zerex and Eagle One products. Also Marathon is a subsidiary of Speedway, if your going to do it go after all their products. Not that I think it's going to do any good.

Also the Kentucky Attorney General has filed a suit against Marathon Oil Corporation, Marathon Petroleum Company LLC and Speedway SuperAmerica LLC seeking restitution and alleging violations of the Consumer Protection Act and the Kentucky price gouging law.

02mingryGT
05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Go Kentucky!!!!

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 08:41 AM
In case you didn't know Speedway is owned by Ashland Oil which is also owns Valvoline Oil, Zerex and Eagle One products. Also Marathon is a subsidiary of Speedway, if your going to do it go after all their products. Not that I think it's going to do any good.

Also the Kentucky Attorney General has filed a suit against Marathon Oil Corporation, Marathon Petroleum Company LLC and Speedway SuperAmerica LLC seeking restitution and alleging violations of the Consumer Protection Act and the Kentucky price gouging law.

Excellent points Wayne. :bigthumb

Check out the Historical Fuel Price Charts on....

http://www.cincygasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

There are (3) drop down menus that let one chose any large city in the USA.

1) For the 1st city, chose ANY City with in the boundry of Indianapolis, Detroit, Cleveland and Louisville. BTW, this is Speedway's main area of Operations.

2) For the 2nd drop down, chose ANY City outside of the above mentioned area.

3) Then for for the Time Period, chose a Time frame (3) months or greater.

4) Now Click the "Create Charts" button.

You will quickly see and great distinction between the 1st and 2nd lines on the Graph.

You will notice the line that represents Speedway's area has a VERY consistent SPIKING pattern and the line outside of Speedways area is nice and SMOOTH!

Speedway has a Corporate pricing strategy of Spike prices at least once every 7-10 days. Note: This is ONLY a Speedway pricing strategy!!!

Most ALL other area gas stations play "follow-the-leader" to Speedway's Spiking strategy in this target area.

If consumers in Speedway's area were to stop buying their products. It WILL effect their bottom line.

Look at how Citgo is doing a MAJOR damage control by launching a huge marketing campaign lately! THAT is a result of consumers snubbing their product!

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Go Kentucky!!!!

FINALLY! Something we can AGREE on!! :HYF: :lol: :cool2: :D

BigBadStang
05-23-2007, 08:49 AM
i saw a federal investigative report that the refineries profit margins for a barrel of refined gasoline has increased some 300&#37; recently. greedy cocksuckers. :mad:

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
i saw a federal investigative report that the refineries profit margins for a barrel of refined gasoline has increased some 300% recently. :mad:

That's just obscene. :eek: :mad:

I was watching one of the Financial programs on TV where one financial "expert" was DEFENDING the Big Oil Companies. He was saying it's JUST good ole CAPITALISM at it's finest!! :barf:

BigBadStang
05-23-2007, 09:48 AM
yeah...they say "simple supply and demand"...but they create the shortages by shutting down refineries at inopportune times for maintenance and such. they ought to throw em all in jail for gouging the "common folks". with their money, high gas prices effect their personal lives at a minimum, unfortunatley it has a MAJOR impact on middle Americas budgets.

331TwistedWedge
05-23-2007, 09:54 AM
look at that chart, gas was actually .87 (cents) a gallon (late 2001 / early 2002) ... that would be nice if we could fill up for $15.00 again ... :bigthumb

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah...they say "simple supply and demand"...but they create the shortages by shutting down refineries at inopportune times for maintenance and such. they ought to throw em all in jail for gouging the "common folks". with their money, high gas prices effect their personal lives at a minimum, unfortunatley it has a MAJOR impact on middle Americas budgets.
It's the POOR people I worry about. Most of us are lucky enough to juggle bills around here and there and can survive. The POOR people are NOT making it nowadays!

The gap between the haves and have-nots expanding at a rapid pace in this country!

BTW, the News here in Dayton reported yesterday that the Delphi plant here in Moraine is losing another 600 jobs to Mexico VERY soon.

BigBadStang
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
It's the POOR people I worry about. Most of us are lucky enough to juggle bills around here and there and can survive. The POOR people are NOT making it nowadays!

The gap between the haves and have-nots expanding at a rapid pace in this country!

BTW, the News here in Dayton reported yesterday that the Delphi plant here in Moraine is losing another 600 jobs to Mexico VERY soon.

yep...you are right!

it's gonna cost 15 bucks to fill up the damn lawn mower!! Christ, i hope it doesnt rain!

Katmandu
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
yep...you are right!

it's gonna cost 15 bucks to fill up the damn lawn mower!! Hmmm......:eek2:

Good excuse to get out of cutting the grass!! :dunno: :lol: :thanks:

Katmandu
05-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Check out this News Report on the Spiking in the Twin Cities, MN area. BTW, SuperAmerica is the big fuel supplier up there. Speedway/Marathon are subsidiaries of SA.

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=47977&bw=

denial
05-24-2007, 08:09 AM
believe it or not speedway here in franklin was 14 cents less the everywhere i seen all day long.

qwk93ta
05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I worked for Speedway many years ago as a district manager. At that time they had one guy in charge of pricing for all 400 plus stores they had in the midwest. Each store was required to check local prices and call into this individual several times a week. He would make the call on price changes for every store. At the time I worked there they would increase prices on weekends and holidays as a general business practice.

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 12:44 PM
At the time I worked there they would increase prices on weekends and holidays as a general business practice.
I heard rumors of another raise tonight or tomorrow.....maybe another $0.20/gal that'll last through the weekend. :eek: :flipoff:

BigBadStang
05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
the damn news needs to shut the hell up!!
EVERY time they start in talking about a possible increase, the oil companies bury it ball-deep in our ass! :mad:

MystichromeVert
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah...they say "simple supply and demand"...but they create the shortages by shutting down refineries at inopportune times for maintenance and such.

I'm not trying to defend the oil companies here... I hate paying high prices for gas just as much as the next guy.... BUT...

When do you propose would be the opportune time to take the refinery outages? The reason gas prices are high now is because historically, the spring and the fall are the best times to take the outages. If big oil really wanted to screw us over, they'd schedule the outages for the 4th of July weekend.

Also, check out the refinery utilization rates here: http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mopueus2m.htm

The last refinery was built in the 1970's. Over the last 20 years, you can see that they've been running these plants harder and harder. You work any piece of equipment increasingly harder as it ages and its gonna get harder and harder to maintain... i.e. the outages get longer and more frequent.

The simple solution to gas prices is more refining capacity. And with all the tree huggers and the NIMBY's, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Katmandu
05-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I heard rumors of another raise tonight or tomorrow.....maybe another $0.20/gal that'll last through the weekend. :eek: :flipoff:Ya'll NEED to log-on to www.cincygasprices.com and check out their forums !!

You'll get the down-right skinny on ALL the fuel price crap for your area.

Katmandu
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I worked for Speedway many years ago as a district manager. At that time they had one guy in charge of pricing for all 400 plus stores they had in the midwest. Each store was required to check local prices and call into this individual several times a week. He would make the call on price changes for every store. At the time I worked there they would increase prices on weekends and holidays as a general business practice.Yup. Sounds about right.

Speedway is the leader in SPIKING and also dropping. Everyone else plays the SHEEP and just follows along.

Black Hole
05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Ya'll NEED to log-on to www.cincygasprices.com and check out their forums !!

You'll get the down-right skinny on ALL the fuel price crap for your area.
Maybe.....I should have filled up last night....I paid $3.59/gal to put $20 into the Cobra tonight and paid $3.41/gal for gas for the Jeep....

Katmandu
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Maybe.....I should have filled up last night....I paid $3.59/gal to put $20 into the Cobra tonight and paid $3.41/gal for gas for the Jeep....I tell ya what... I'm LOVIN my bigazz'd Diesel truck right now! :HYF:

I paid $2.79/Gal for Diesel yesterday AM! :bigthumb That's .70 cents Gal LESS than the Average price for Regular unleaded right now ($3.49).

You can bet your sweet bippy it ain't gonna stay that way though! :screwy: :screwy: :cool2:

Dipstick
05-26-2007, 01:47 PM
we should hold a cruise in on the road that the speedway corporation is on in enon, ohio. I work right across the street from it.

Katmandu
05-28-2007, 04:42 AM
we should hold a cruise in on the road that the speedway corporation is on in enon, ohio. I work right across the street from it.How about a Cruise-In-Protest combined ?? :cool1:

IWRBB
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Speedway in London KY was 2.98 for regular yeaterday. 50 cents cheaper per gallon than around here. WTF?

Mista Bone
05-28-2007, 02:16 PM
yep, I posted that in the $3.49 a gallon rant thread.

BigBadStang
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Speedway in London KY was 2.98 for regular yeaterday. 50 cents cheaper per gallon than around here. WTF?

$2.96/gal in Junction City, KY
$3.08/gal in Georgetown and Sommerset.
$3.80/gal on the water @ lake cumberland.